The emergence of legal slavery

Go to CruxDreams.com
Sad if any country would cut back on human rights to hold up that illusion!
well, we don't want to get into a political debate here - let's just say the issue isn't a simple one,
it's to do with whether law in Britain should be constrained by the Convention,
and more particularly whether British judges should be required to take into account rulings
of the European Court of Human Rights that interprets the Convention.
There can be good arguments for and against, but this isn't the place for them.

I've read a few pretty good stories involving women being birched while committing some sort of legal pecadillo on the Isle of Man. According to the stories IoM CP was performed with the birch rod. I'll see if I can find the stories and link to them.

Based on the Isle of Man museum catalogue: The Birch was used for the punishment of young male offenders consisted of a number of young branches from a birch tree, bound together with fibre to form a handle.It was traditionally the job of Police cadets to make up the Birch using fresh branches (new Birches were always needed, as the branches once old and dry would be no use as they became too brittle). There were regulations covering the thickness of the birch twigs which could be used as well as the length and number (the overall dimensions were 120 x 16 x 4 cm), and new police recruits would need to learn this as well as regulations covering the force with which the birch could be applied to the offender.

That is gross sexism! Totally unfair!!!

Indeed, I've not been able to find any historical record of women or girls being birched on the IoM. As in the UK, it seems to have been a punishment reserved for boys (as it was, of course, in 'public' schools) But, when the UK Government abolished it in 1948, the ultra reactionary IoM Government responded by raising the age it could be used on males from 14 to 21. Hence, especially through the 1950s, 'bring back the birch' was a popular cry among scary Conservative ladies with blue-rinsed hair disgusted by the behaviour of 'teddy boys', in their eyes the IoM had the right approach.

Based on the Isle of Man museum catalogue: The Birch was used for the punishment of young male offenders consisted of a number of young branches from a birch tree, bound together with fibre to form a handle.It was traditionally the job of Police cadets to make up the Birch using fresh branches (new Birches were always needed, as the branches once old and dry would be no use as they became too brittle). There were regulations covering the thickness of the birch twigs which could be used as well as the length and number (the overall dimensions were 120 x 16 x 4 cm), and new police recruits would need to learn this as well as regulations covering the force with which the birch could be applied to the offender.

Indeed, I've not been able to find any historical record of women or girls being birched on the IoM. As in the UK, it seems to have been a punishment reserved for boys (as it was, of course, in 'public' schools) But, when the UK Government abolished it in 1948, the ultra reactionary IoM Government responded by raising the age it could be used on males from 14 to 21. Hence, especially through the 1950s, 'bring back the birch' was a popular cry among scary Conservative ladies with blue-rinsed hair disgusted by the behaviour of 'teddy boys', in their eyes the IoM had the right approach.
The IOM birch usually consisted of between three and six birch or willow withies and thus became heavy as well as flexible . The normal sentence was six strokes although twelve could be given in extreme cases. Anecdotally at least, it is said that recidivism was virtually unknown.

Bumping this thread due to new information.

I was beginning writing a story about something I mentioned earlier on here, about Mao offering so send millions of young unmarried Chinese women to the US, and thinking how that would be tantamount to slavery, with a lot of lonely men applying to "adopt" a girl and make her his "servant," which was completely legal in my scenario, as is the duty of the "host" to provide clothes for her. Anyways, Covid-19 kind of messed that up, not that it's the Chinese people's fault or that the virus existence makes an entire group of women less attractive, but I figure I'll hold off on that until this thing blows over.

But something that caught my eye is that our governments, the US specifically, have a lot of power. I know we are all excited to get our $1000 checks after Wall Street got $1.5 trillion sent to them, but there's also the stay at home orders, and the order of the closing of businesses. This is all good to fight Carona, but it does strike me that the gov is doing a lot of things that I didn't think they would do.

So that brings something to mind. Who's going to be doing work while everyone is quarantined? Why, of course, people who are breaking quarantine. Who's breaking quarantine? A lot of young people who don't think it's a big deal if they get the virus because they are young and can handle it. So, these people are arrested, and then sentenced to be put to work, in factories, on farms, as janitors and maids, cleaning up stuff, and obviously, since there isn't a lot of strict supervision going on a perverted supervisor could make some college girl spring breaker work in skimpy/no clothing. And then of course, you got people who might volunteer to be a "servant" of an "at risk" household, whether that's taking care of a senior citizen/ retired person or someone with a weak immune system. So prisoner goes into quarantine for 14 days, becomes one of the few people to have access to "the test" and then essentially becomes someone's slave until the pandemic is over, so indefinitely.

A story like this would break two of my personal rules if I were to write it. Firstly, that the heroine "Deserves" what's happening to her, in that a girl is enslaved/crucified because of their selfishness and arrogance. I prefer my heroines to be tragic heroes, their fatal flaw that leads to their tragedy being that they were too naively good or too passionate or trying to be too noble, not an oblivious airhead.

The second is that I don't like basing girls off of real people, or at least modern real people. I don't model characters after people I know in real life, I don't modeling them after identifiable people, and I think everyone has probably seen clips of the vacationing college kids who aren't letting corona ruin their vacation on social media.

But other than that, any thoughts?

I was beginning writing a story about something I mentioned earlier on here, about Mao offering so send millions of young unmarried Chinese women to the US, and thinking how that would be tantamount to slavery, with a lot of lonely men applying to "adopt" a girl and make her his "servant," which was completely legal in my scenario, as is the duty of the "host" to provide clothes for her. Anyways, Covid-19 kind of messed that up, not that it's the Chinese people's fault or that the virus existence makes an entire group of women less attractive, but I figure I'll hold off on that until this thing blows over.
I'm much interested to read a story with such a theme, perhaps because I'm generally into a D/s fantasy with racial elements. I can't speak for anyone else but myself, but I believe that most, if not all, of us here on CF know how to separate our fantasies from the reality.

So, if you ask me, I'd say you wouldn't need such a measure although I'm glad to see that people are trying to keep their awareness of such a problem, so that they won't make it any worse than it is.

To me, crushing a young girl's limbs with a hammer or burning her alive doesn't sound any less morally questionable than, say, enslaving girls of a certain ethnicity. So, if we are capable of enjoying the former types of fantasies without ever dreaming of condoning a similar act in real life, I'm sure we can keep the same principle regarding the latter kinds of fantasies.

Anyway, however you decide, I'll be looking forward to read your story.

I'm much interested to read a story with such a theme, perhaps because I'm generally into a D/s fantasy with racial elements. I can't speak for anyone else but myself, but I believe that most, if not all, of us here on CF know how to separate our fantasies from the reality.

So, if you ask me, I'd say you wouldn't need such a measure although I'm glad to see that people are trying to keep their awareness of such a problem, so that they won't make it any worse than it is.

To me, crushing a young girl's limbs with a hammer or burning her alive doesn't sound any less morally questionable than, say, enslaving girls of a certain ethnicity. So, if we are capable of enjoying the former types of fantasies without ever dreaming of condoning a similar act in real life, I'm sure we can keep the same principle regarding the latter kinds of fantasies.

Anyway, however you decide, I'll be looking forward to read your story.
I mean, I am the procrastinator, so whatever I work on will take awhile, but I appreciate your perspective. But for me, specifically, I would have trouble writing it during this time because it would be deliberately ignoring what's going on right now, and I don't want to include it in the story.

I mean, I am the procrastinator, so whatever I work on will take awhile, but I appreciate your perspective. But for me, specifically, I would have trouble writing it during this time because it would be deliberately ignoring what's going on right now, and I don't want to include it in the story.
Whereas I have to wonder as to what effect this current situation would have on slavery, as it effects everything else. Would "nonessestial" slaves be confiscated and pressed into public service? Used to care for the sick, as their lives are expendable? Culled upon diagnosis? Quite a few interesting aspects...

Whereas I have to wonder as to what effect this current situation would have on slavery, as it effects everything else. Would "nonessestial" slaves be confiscated and pressed into public service? Used to care for the sick, as their lives are expendable? Culled upon diagnosis? Quite a few interesting aspects...
I like the idea of eminent domain being used on slaves. There is discussion about that happening with factories to be converted into making ventilators.

I briefly thought of a forced quarantine story, big scary paramilitaries (the sort @montycrusto draws so well) ordered to take a dorm full of college girls into lockdown, naked of course (to prevent contamination). But that was about as far as my ideas went, I could not come to a satisfactory outcome.
If anyone wants to run with that idea, perhaps in conjunction with those above, you are welcome.

Resisting this subject, do we have any new thoughts, since half a year of our life has been spent in quarantine?

I thought about the idea that young women arrested for not obeying the social distancing laws might be punished by being made "servant" to an elderly person(s) and do everything for them.

Resisting this subject, do we have any new thoughts, since half a year of our life has been spent in quarantine?

I thought about the idea that young women arrested for not obeying the social distancing laws might be punished by being made "servant" to an elderly person(s) and do everything for them.
Realistically, the current conditions would be more likely to chill a domestic slave trade than feed it, with new sales having to be strictly quarantined. (A good deal of the surplus so created would likely be diverted to high-risk, low-skill medical suppourt roles.)

Realistically, the current conditions would be more likely to chill a domestic slave trade than feed it, with new sales having to be strictly quarantined.
14 days chained naked in the dungeon would seem a very fair introduction to her future life. Food and water pushed her way with a long pole keeps the social distancing.

14 days chained naked in the dungeon would seem a very fair introduction to her future life. Food and water pushed her way with a long pole keeps the social distancing.
Absolutely. Or you can intentionally get them infected with the virus and have them recover.

Which reminds me. Vaccine test subjects. Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures.

Back
Top Bottom