The Fate of the Gotham Goth Girl, or Stan Goldman's First Case

Go to CruxDreams.com
Jerry, George and Elaine had waited endlessly for a table in their local Chinese dining emporium.
I seem to remember Kramer being part of: "Seinfeld! Party of Four! Seinfeld!"
“You realize, Moore, that jumbo shrimp, like military intelligence, is a contradiction in terms.”
Gosh, never heard that before.

Migoz had it right - excellent pacing. The plot is intriguing and makes you wish to learn moore. Fine start.

at least semi-famous from their Batman and Batgirl-like crime-fighting exploits,
Batgirl??? What? :confused::mad::spank::spank::spank:

tan was happy to pay it. It was a lot less than that place in the Dorchester Hotel in London that Barb had made him take her and her friend and his British colleague to.
I need to start a running tally of how many references to other CF stories, characters and standing jokes Windar manages to cram into these stupid funny episodes.

Actually, I was wondering who suddenly snapped that picture.:rolleyes:
images

Stan was content, at least as content as a man living with someone as tempestuous and troublesome as Barbara Moore could be.

He had just eaten a nice dinner. He was seated on a comfortable sofa in a nice house that was worth a bundle (though if they sold it, they’d have to fork over an outrageous amount for another place). He had some money in his account, left over from their best-selling book about the Bronx Crux Murders, a sum that had actually grown a fair amount in the last year.

It wasn’t enough to buy a private island in the Caribbean and recruit a bunch of hot students to cater to his every whim, but it was enough for him.

True, the Yankees were losing again, but when Barb came out of the kitchen, with a glass of wine in her hand, looking fetching in her cut off shorts, her legs bare below them, and her Wisconsin Badgers T shirt, he didn’t mind so much. He turned the sound on the TV down.

She sat down next to him. He ran his hand along her thigh. “So, Goldman, how did you finally identify the Goth Girl?” she asked. “You said her name was Sheena, so I’m assuming you, or more likely your partner, Benny, did identify her in the end.”

Stan took a sip of his beer and looked at her. “Why would you assume that Benny was the one?”

“I’m assuming he was the smart one in the partnership, like yours truly was in ours,” she replied.

“Listen, Moore, just because you had an idea that happened to work out and helped solved the Bronx Crux case doesn’t make you Detective Einstein. Remember, who saved your tight little in the end. And you were in no position to help me find you, hanging up on that cross.”

She turned and looked at him. “Yeah, OK, Goldman, you have a point.”

“So what makes you think my partner was smarter than me. You knew Dick Leary. Do you think he carried me all those years?”

She shook her head. “No, I don’t think that.”

“Anyway, why are you so fascinated by this old case? You were in primary school in Minnesota when it happened.”

“I don’t know. I’m thinking of that poor girl lying dead in an alleyway.”

“And imagining yourself in her place.”

“No, not really. But, I’m kind of curious about who she was and how she got there.”

Stan smiled. “Curiosity killed the cat,” he warned.

“Meow!” Barb replied.

Stan sighed. “Well, I started thinking about her clothes.”

“I would have thought you were more into what was under them, Goldman.”

“Cute, Moore. They weren’t just clothes, they were a costume. I figured she didn’t get them at Walmart. So, we started showing her picture around at various costume stores in the Theater District. They certainly had stuff like that, but one of the clerks said that young kids like her were more likely to put their outfits together at thrift shops or ‘vintage clothing stores’ as the more eclectic ones called themselves.”

Barb nodded. “That sounds reasonable.”

“Thank you, Moore. It turned out that it was exactly the right track. There was a store on the edges of Park Slope in Brooklyn where they recognized her. Back then, that area was still gentrifying and there were still a few stores like that hanging on. I’m sure it’s long gone, replaced by some restaurant selling $25 burgers. Anyway, she’d been in there about a week or so before.”

“You weren’t so lucky that she’d used a credit card?” Barb asked.

“Me,lucky?” Stan asked.

“Maybe later if you play your cards right, Goldman,” Barb said.

“The clerk thought she had been in there with a boy who also looked Goth. But they’d paid cash.”

“Too bad.”

“Still, the clerk remembered something that turned out to be useful. The girl had an English accent.”
Madiosi-2021-070-Steampunkstore2.jpg
“So you hopped on a plane and flew to the UK, right?”

“Of course not. I told you when we went to London that I’d never been there before. You think the Department was going to spring for a ticket? No, we faxed her photo over to Scotland Yard. Now, a fax is a machine that sends images over the phone lines. I think you can find one in the Smithsonian.”

“I know what a fax is Goldman. What do you take me for?”

“We’ll discuss that later, Moore. It was a long shot, but we got a hit. Took a few days, but the British cops ID’ed her.”

You’re brilliant, Stan!” Barb exclaimed, smiling broadly at him.

“I know that,” he replied.

Stan continued. “Sheena Rawlings, age 22. Her parents had reported that they hadn’t heard from her for a while, which wasn’t that unusual since they weren’t on great terms as they didn’t approve of her lifestyle. But they’d been trying her phone in London where she lived -this was back in the land-line era- and not had an answer for an unusually long time. So, they’d stopped in at the local constabulary in Nottingham where they lived to see if they would have the London cops check up on her. ”

“Don’t tell me,” Barb said. “The Sheriff of Nottingham. And she was Maid Marian. You’re really pulling this one out of your ass, Goldman.”

“No, I swear. They lived just outside of Nottingham. The funny thing was that the little village they lived in was called, of all things, Gotham. It’s an old village that they tell stories about over there.”

“So, she was the Gotham Goth Girl in Gotham City,” Barb said.

“Yep,” Stan said. “Amazing, isn’t it. The local cops had faxed the pics to London and thought no more about it. Such stories are a dime a dozen. The kids will call Mom and Dad when they run out of money.” Barb nodded.

“But someone over there matched her to the pics I had sent. Anyway, British Air had her on a flight from Heathrow to JFK about a month before she was found dead here and Customs had a record of her arrival. She’d been in the Goth scene in London. She’d recently gotten a small inheritance from her grandfather, who’d had a soft spot for her, so it seems she decided to check out the Goth scene in New York.”

“And the Goth boyfriend?”

“I’ll get to that later,” Stan said, sliding one hand under the bottom of Barb’s shorts and pulling her mouth towards his with his other hand. “If you want to hear the rest, you need to be extra nice to me.”

He kissed her hard, reaching his other hand up to cup her breast.

“I’m always nice to you, Stan. Nicer than you deserve,” she said, before kissing him again.

Stan stood, smiling despite his aching knees, and took Barb’s hand, leading her into the bedroom. He lifted her T shirt over her head and dropped it onto the floor. “Badgers are nasty animals,” he muttered.

Barb stuck her tongue out. “I have some ideas for that tongue,” Stan said.

“In your dreams, Goldman,” she replied.

Stan didn’t say anything. He just kissed down her neck, bending low to nuzzle her breasts. “Mmm,” Barb said, as Stan lowered her gently onto the bed, pulling her shorts and undies off, then doing the same to his.

Soon, he was inside her, moving gently as Barb moaned. She reached into the top drawer of the nightstand where they kept short pieces of rope that they often used to tie each other up. She dangled one in front of him. “Show me what the Goth Girl’s boyfriend did.”

“I wasn’t there,” Stan replied.

“But you have a pretty good idea, I think. Put the rope around my neck, Stan.”

Stan paused in his thrusting. “No, Barb, I’m not going to do that.”

“Why not?”

“There are things you won’t do and there are things I won’t do. I saw you almost strangle once and that’s enough for me.” He began his motions again.

“I just wanted to feel what the Goth Girl felt,” Barb said.

“Sorry. But I’ll tell you what, those marks on her breasts,” Stan said. He bent his head, took one of Barb’s nipples into his mouth and gently, but firmly, nipped at it. Barb’s body jerked and she moaned. “Do that again, Stan, please.”

Stan did as she asked and Barb moaned again. As he quickened his pace, he shifted his attention to her other breast. Soon she was moaning more and he felt himself tingling all over. Then he emptied himself into her as she cried out and he collapsed on top of her panting for breath.

Soon, he rolled off of her. “Now tell me how you found the Goth Girl’s boyfriend and made your case,” Barb said.

“Not tonight, dear. I have a headache,” Stan said. “Tomorrow.”

“You’re not a nice man, Stan Goldman,” Barb said. They drifted off to sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
“Not tonight, dear. I have a headache,” Stan said. “Tomorrow.”

He’ll have a quick bite,
Then call it a night;
Perhaps he should lay off the tipple.
At this rate, Barb will soon be Stan's caregiver. A hint, girl. Find a nursing home in the area. Preferably one where Cuomo is sending new Covid cases to hide. And update Stan's life insurance.

Stan was content, at least as content as a man living with someone as tempestuous and troublesome as Barbara Moore could be.
He does have his moments of discontent though … such as when I flip channels during Seinfeld.:devil:

True, the Yankees were losing again, but when Barb came out of the kitchen, with a glass of wine in her hand, looking fetching in her cut off shorts, her legs bare below them, and her Wisconsin Badgers T shirt, he didn’t mind so much. He turned the sound on the TV down.
Easy enough to please. He loves my threadbare Bucky Badger tee worn with no bra ;)

Stan smiled. “Curiosity killed the cat,” he warned.

“Meow!” Barb replied.
Stan likes it when I do cute things :)

“So, she was the Gotham Goth Girl in Gotham City,” Barb said.
Helping him out here so that he doesn’t blow the punch line like he usually does:rolleyes:

Stan said. He bent his head, took one of Barb’s nipples into his mouth and gently, but firmly, nipped at it. Barb’s body jerked and she moaned. “Do that again, Stan, please.”
He knows THAT drives me wild :very_hot::very_hot::very_hot::very_hot:

Stan did as she asked and Barb moaned again. As he quickened his pace, he shifted his attention to her other breast. Soon she was moaning more
He knows that drives me so fucking wild :very_hot::very_hot::very_hot::very_hot::very_hot::very_hot::very_hot:

Then he emptied himself into her as she cried out and he collapsed on top of her panting for breath.

You mean you’re finished already???? Geeze, Stan! :(

Last edited:

The sun coming through the bedroom window woke Stan early. He rolled over and looked at Barb, who was sleeping peacefully on her side facing him, breathing softly. He kissed her breasts, but didn’t bite them as he had last night. She stirred but didn’t awaken.

Stan shook his head, got up and threw his robe on and went downstairs. He was on his second cup of coffee and most of the way through the morning paper, which he was old fashioned enough to have delivered to the door-though these days it was delivered by a guy his age in a car, rather than a kid on a bike-when Barb finally came in, dressed in a light blue terry robe, her hair disheveled from last night’s activities.

“Morning sleepyhead!” he greeted her.

She smiled wanly and put some water on to boil for her tea and stuck a bagel in the toaster oven.

He left her alone and turned to the obituary page to see if he was listed there. He wasn’t, so he figured he was still alive. Nor did he know any of the people who were listed there, which was good.

Barb was coming to life now that she had gotten some tea and a bagel in her. “Stan,” she said.

‘Why did she have to look so damn cute in that robe, the belt of which was barely holding the two sides together?’ he thought.

“In the flesh,” he replied.

“I had a good time last night.”

“Even though I wouldn’t put the rope around your neck?”

“Yes. That thing you did with my boobs was good.”

“That’s nice,” he replied. “You do get why I won’t do that, right?”

“Sure, Stan. I owe you an apology for asking. It’s just the story of the Goth Girl turned me on.”

“That’s OK, Barb. Now about that thing you won’t do for me?”

“Maybe on your birthday, dear.”

“That’s six months away!” he protested.

“I can’t help that. In the meantime, I’m sure you’ll live. Now why don’t you tell me how you caught the murderer? Was it the boyfriend?”

“Well, I don’t want to start the story when you’ll have to interrupt it soon.”

“What are you talking about?” she asked, looking confused.

“It’s your turn to mow the lawn and it’s going to be a hot one today, so I recommend doing it early.”

“Is it really my turn? Are you sure?” she asked, pulling his robe open and stroking his chest.

“I did it the last two times,” he said.

“But one was on my birthday,” she said, pouting.

“Yes, but that still makes it your turn today.”

“Why don’t we hire it done? We can afford it.”

“Yeah, but these local landscapers have these big lawn tractors. You know what the carbon footprint on those babies is? We have a super-efficient cordless electric. Think green, Barb. Besides, it’s good exercise.”

“What a load of b.s., Goldman! You just want to see me sweating out there in my bikini top and cut-off shorts! And I get plenty of exercise!”

Stan just smiled. “I suggest you get a move on Moore, before it gets too toasty out there.”

***​

Stan looked out the French doors in the living room at the sight of Barb, clad in a very tiny blue bikini top and cut-off jean shorts, pushing the mower up and down the lawn in neat rows. Their property was mostly wooded; only the area near the house was grassy, so there wasn’t that much to mow. He didn’t see what all the fuss was about.
Madiosi-2021-072-BarbGardening.jpg
For a moment he imagined himself an antebellum plantation owner watching the slaves picking cotton or cutting sugar. ‘Maybe I should fix myself a mint julep,’ he thought. Except they didn’t have any mint and he didn’t like mint juleps, anyway.

He went quickly downstairs and grabbed one of the bullwhips that they kept in their playroom. He opened the French doors and walked over to Barb, who didn’t see him approaching and couldn’t hear his footsteps over the mower. She reached the end of the row and turned to find him standing a few feet away.

She shut the mower off. She was sweating profusely, her nipples standing out in the wet bikini top.

“You missed a spot back there,” Stan said.

“Fuck you, Goldman,” she replied.

“Do you know what would happen to a slave who talked that way to her master in the Old South, Barb?” He cracked the whip, but it didn’t make much of a sound against the turf.

“This isn’t the Old South, I’m not your slave and you are most definitely not my master or anybody’s master, Goldman.”

“Well, we’ll deal with this later, Barb. It’s hot out here. I’m going back into the A/C.” She gave him the finger.

As he came into the house, he heard their landline ringing. Cell reception was spotty where they were so they kept a landline. It was a number he didn’t recognize with a 718 area code, which covered Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx.
Madiosi-2021-075-Stan phone.jpg
Usually he didn’t answer those types of calls; they were generally scammers of one sort or another-extended car warranties of dubious value, fake IRS agents demanding he pay taxes he didn’t owe or face immediate arrest, though oddly they wanted to be paid in bitcoin or gift cards, rather than check or bank debit.

Nevertheless, he was bored and decided to answer. He could always have some fun pulling the scammers’ chains.

“Hello,” he said.

“Is this Stan Goldman, the famous detective?” It was a woman’s voice with a pronounced Spanish accent, but fluent in English.

“I’m Stan Goldman, but I’m retired,” he replied.

“My name is Rosa Ortiz. I live in the Bronx,” she said. “I’m calling about my daughter, Delia.”

“OK,” he said. “What about Delia?”

“She’s a student. At Pitcher College, Upstate. Do you know it?”

“I’ve heard of it, but I’ve never been there,” Stan replied.

“Well, a few months ago, at Spring Break, she was offered a job. On some island in the West Indies.” Stan had a vision of palm trees and soft white sand.

“What was the job, Mrs. Ortiz?”

“I don’t know, she didn’t really say. They were going to pay her a lot of money. She went with her roommate, Tara.”

“This Tara have a last name?”

“I don’t remember it. Something Irish, I think. They were supposed to go for one week, but they haven’t come back.”

“Have you heard from Delia?”

“Yes, about once a week, she sends an email. ‘I decided to stay. I took a leave from school. Everything is fine. The beach is beautiful. I love you, Mami.’”

“So, what’s the problem?”

“I don’t know. It just seems suspicious. A mother knows.”

“In my experience some do and some don’t, Mrs. Ortiz.”

“Please, Mr. Goldman, would you at least have a look.”

Stan thought for a moment. Really this seemed a slender thread. The kid was probably having a great time partying in the sun and would come back to school in the fall. “Have you called the police?”

“They say they can’t help me, because she’s an adult and can make her own choices and it’s a foreign country. Please, I’m asking you, Mr. Goldman.”

“I’m retired,” Stan said.

“I will pay what I can. I’m not rich. I work for the City in the Public Works Department, as a dispatcher, so I don’t have much money. But I will pay what I can to get my daughter back safe and sound.”

“Money isn’t the issue, Mrs. Ortiz. I just don’t see much to work with here. But, I tell you what. Send me all the information you have, including your daughter’s emails and I’ll look at them. OK?”

“Thank, you. Mr. Goldman. You are a good man. I read about that case of the girls who were crucified. It happened very near where I live. It was horrible, but you solved it and so I know you can help me and Delia.”

“Send me the info. No promises. Have a nice day. Mrs. Ortiz.” He hung up the phone . He heard the mower switch off. Barb must be done mowing by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
“That’s OK, Barb. Now about that thing you won’t do for me?”
If you mean swallowing Stan, dream on!

“Well, we’ll deal with this later, Barb. It’s hot out here. I’m going back into the A/C.” She gave him the finger.
I’m disappointed Stan. You’re giving up an opportunity to remove my top and whip me around the yard behind the lawnmower just to stay cool? You really are slipping!

Back
Top Bottom