The Fate of the Gotham Goth Girl, or Stan Goldman's First Case

Go to CruxDreams.com
Stan looked out the French doors in the living room at the sight of Barb,
Madiosi-2021-072-BarbGardening.jpg
That’s a great manip, Madi :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

And Barb dreaming for a gras-truck.
Madiosi-2021-071.BarbGardening.jpg That would be good
Goldman is way to cheap to spring for a boss lawn mower like that! He prefers that I be forced to do sweaty manual labor while he watches. I think he must be descended from one of those whip wielding plantation owners. Someone ought to do some ancestry checking on him!

The sun coming through the bedroom window woke Stan early. He rolled over and looked at Barb, who was sleeping peacefully on her side facing him, breathing softly. He kissed her breasts, but didn’t bite them as he had last night. She stirred but didn’t awaken.

Stan shook his head, got up and threw his robe on and went downstairs. He was on his second cup of coffee and most of the way through the morning paper, which he was old fashioned enough to have delivered to the door-though these days it was delivered by a guy his age in a car, rather than a kid on a bike-when Barb finally came in, dressed in a light blue terry robe, her hair disheveled from last night’s activities.

“Morning sleepyhead!” he greeted her.

She smiled wanly and put some water on to boil for her tea and stuck a bagel in the toaster oven.

He left her alone and turned to the obituary page to see if he was listed there. He wasn’t, so he figured he was still alive. Nor did he know any of the people who were listed there, which was good.

Barb was coming to life now that she had gotten some tea and a bagel in her. “Stan,” she said.

‘Why did she have to look so damn cute in that robe, the belt of which was barely holding the two sides together?’ he thought.

“In the flesh,” he replied.

“I had a good time last night.”

“Even though I wouldn’t put the rope around your neck?”

“Yes. That thing you did with my boobs was good.”

“That’s nice,” he replied. “You do get why I won’t do that, right?”

“Sure, Stan. I owe you an apology for asking. It’s just the story of the Goth Girl turned me on.”

“That’s OK, Barb. Now about that thing you won’t do for me?”

“Maybe on your birthday, dear.”

“That’s six months away!” he protested.

“I can’t help that. In the meantime, I’m sure you’ll live. Now why don’t you tell me how you caught the murderer? Was it the boyfriend?”

“Well, I don’t want to start the story when you’ll have to interrupt it soon.”

“What are you talking about?” she asked, looking confused.

“It’s your turn to mow the lawn and it’s going to be a hot one today, so I recommend doing it early.”

“Is it really my turn? Are you sure?” she asked, pulling his robe open and stroking his chest.

“I did it the last two times,” he said.

“But one was on my birthday,” she said, pouting.

“Yes, but that still makes it your turn today.”

“Why don’t we hire it done? We can afford it.”

“Yeah, but these local landscapers have these big lawn tractors. You know what the carbon footprint on those babies is? We have a super-efficient cordless electric. Think green, Barb. Besides, it’s good exercise.”

“What a load of b.s., Goldman! You just want to see me sweating out there in my bikini top and cut-off shorts! And I get plenty of exercise!”

Stan just smiled. “I suggest you get a move on Moore, before it gets too toasty out there.”

***​

Stan looked out the French doors in the living room at the sight of Barb, clad in a very tiny blue bikini top and cut-off jean shorts, pushing the mower up and down the lawn in neat rows. Their property was mostly wooded; only the area near the house was grassy, so there wasn’t that much to mow. He didn’t see what all the fuss was about.

For a moment he imagined himself an antebellum plantation owner watching the slaves picking cotton or cutting sugar. ‘Maybe I should fix myself a mint julep,’ he thought. Except they didn’t have any mint and he didn’t like mint juleps, anyway.

He went quickly downstairs and grabbed one of the bullwhips that they kept in their playroom. He opened the French doors and walked over to Barb, who didn’t see him approaching and couldn’t hear his footsteps over the mower. She reached the end of the row and turned to find him standing a few feet away.

She shut the mower off. She was sweating profusely, her nipples standing out in the wet bikini top.

“You missed a spot back there,” Stan said.

“Fuck you, Goldman,” she replied.

“Do you know what would happen to a slave who talked that way to her master in the Old South, Barb?” He cracked the whip, but it didn’t make much of a sound against the turf.

“This isn’t the Old South, I’m not your slave and you are most definitely not my master or anybody’s master, Goldman.”

“Well, we’ll deal with this later, Barb. It’s hot out here. I’m going back into the A/C.” She gave him the finger.

As he came into the house, he heard their landline ringing. Cell reception was spotty where they were so they kept a landline. It was a number he didn’t recognize with a 718 area code, which covered Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx.

Usually he didn’t answer those types of calls; they were generally scammers of one sort or another-extended car warranties of dubious value, fake IRS agents demanding he pay taxes he didn’t owe or face immediate arrest, though oddly they wanted to be paid in bitcoin or gift cards, rather than check or bank debit.

Nevertheless, he was bored and decided to answer. He could always have some fun pulling the scammers’ chains.

“Hello,” he said.

“Is this Stan Goldman, the famous detective?” It was a woman’s voice with a pronounced Spanish accent, but fluent in English.

“I’m Stan Goldman, but I’m retired,” he replied.

“My name is Rosa Ortiz. I live in the Bronx,” she said. “I’m calling about my daughter, Delia.”

“OK,” he said. “What about Delia?”

“She’s a student. At Pitcher College, Upstate. Do you know it?”

“I’ve heard of it, but I’ve never been there,” Stan replied.

“Well, a few months ago, at Spring Break, she was offered a job. On some island in the West Indies.” Stan had a vision of palm trees and soft white sand.

“What was the job, Mrs. Ortiz?”

“I don’t know, she didn’t really say. They were going to pay her a lot of money. She went with her roommate, Tara.”

“This Tara have a last name?”

“I don’t remember it. Something Irish, I think. They were supposed to go for one week, but they haven’t come back.”

“Have you heard from Delia?”

“Yes, about once a week, she sends an email. ‘I decided to stay. I took a leave from school. Everything is fine. The beach is beautiful. I love you, Mami.’”

“So, what’s the problem?”

“I don’t know. It just seems suspicious. A mother knows.”

“In my experience some do and some don’t, Mrs. Ortiz.”

“Please, Mr. Goldman, would you at least have a look.”

Stan thought for a moment. Really this seemed a slender thread. The kid was probably having a great time partying in the sun and would come back to school in the fall. “Have you called the police?”

“They say they can’t help me, because she’s an adult and can make her own choices and it’s a foreign country. Please, I’m asking you, Mr. Goldman.”

“I’m retired,” Stan said.

“I will pay what I can. I’m not rich. I work for the City in the Public Works Department, as a dispatcher, so I don’t have much money. But I will pay what I can to get my daughter back safe and sound.”

“Money isn’t the issue, Mrs. Ortiz. I just don’t see much to work with here. But, I tell you what. Send me all the information you have, including your daughter’s emails and I’ll look at them. OK?”

“Thank, you. Mr. Goldman. You are a good man. I read about that case of the girls who were crucified. It happened very near where I live. It was horrible, but you solved it and so I know you can help me and Delia.”

“Send me the info. No promises. Have a nice day. Mrs. Ortiz.” He hung up the phone . He heard the mower switch off. Barb must be done mowing by now.
Another tale that I am late into. But all caught up now and looking forward to a little Goth-Noir-Sexpionage ... a very exciting combination!

The pace of and the humour in the story are devilishly compelling. Looking forward to reading 'Moore' ...

Barb came down, freshly showered, her hair still damp, dressed in a T shirt and a fresh pair of shorts. She filled a glass with ice cubes and poured the remains of the morning’s tea from the pot into the glass, then plunked her tight little down onto one of the barstools at their kitchen island.

“OK, Goldman, I cut the grass. You got to ogle me, you got to brandish your whip in a lousy imitation of Simon Legree. Now, you owe me more of the Goth Girl story. I assume you found the boyfriend, right?”

“Very perceptive of you, Moore. Yes, we did. In fact it was simple to find him. Even you could have done it.”

“Very funny, Stan. How did you do it?”

“You remember on our flights coming back from overseas, right before they landed, they pass out these cards for customs?”

“Sure.”

“For those coming as tourists, they ask for your address in the US-a hotel, a B&B, the relative you’re visiting. She put an address in Brooklyn. Brownsville, a part that was kind of borderline back then. Along with the name of the person she was staying with there.”

“The boyfriend?”

“Bingo, Moore. You see, I told you even you could have found him. A guy named Billy Bob Something-or-Other or was it Bobby Bill? He was from Arkansas and had moved up to the big city to experience the thrills and culture that are unavailable to the denizens of Bugtussle. He found a place in Brooklyn and a job as a barista. This was in the early days of the gourmet coffee phenomenon, so he was getting in on the ground floor of a booming industry.”

Barb stared at Stan. “Billy Bob? Billy Bob from Arkansas? This is getting ridiculous, Goldman. Do you honestly expect me to believe this crap?”

“Suit yourself. Shall I go on?”

“Well, for one thing, she put his address on the customs card, so she had to have known him before she arrived in New York. How did a girl from England hook up with a guy from Arkansas who had moved to the Big Apple?”

“You mean Gotham City, right? That’s what we’re calling it in this story.”

Barb rolled her eyes. “Whatever…”

“Even high schools in Arkansas do exchanges. His did one with the school in Nottingham that she attended. It was a private school, though they call them public schools over there for some odd reason. Very strange country.”

“Stan, it all has to do with the kings and their history…”

“Hey, I know all about that. Remember when I played Henry VIII? I was pretty good, don’t you think?”
Madiosi-2021-076-Stan as Henry.jpg
Barb laughed. “You had some funny lines, I admit. Too bad you didn’t write them. And I was terrific as Anne Boleyn.”
Madiosi-2021-077-Barb Boleyn.jpg
“Yeah, your screams on the rack were very realistic.”

“That wasn’t funny, Stan. I still feel twinges in my shoulders every now and then.”

“That could be from all the crucifixions also.”

“Could be. So Billy Bob and Sheena met at her school in Nottingham?”

“Yeah, and they were naughty.”

For some hard to fathom reason, Barb rolled her eyes again.

“This is jumping ahead a bit, but eventually we got his computer and the British cops got hers. They had been carrying on a hot and heavy correspondence. She wasn’t keen on visiting him in Arkansas-hard to understand, I know- but ,when he moved to New York, she decided she’d try to come. In both senses of the word.”

Barb rolled her eyes yet again.

Stan continued. “So, Benny and I go to his apartment. It’s in the basement of a run-down four story walk up. A dingy one bedroom apartment. Not too clean, no doubt plenty of roaches and rats and the like. But it was their love nest I guess, and love is blind.”

“It must be, since I’m still with you, Goldman.”

“Very funny, Moore. Anyway, we knock at the door. Billy Bob answers; he’s wearing a grungy T shirt and jeans. A scrawny kid, around the same age as the deceased. Plenty of tattoos and piercings but no Goth makeup. I guess they only put it on for special occasions.“
Madiosi-2021-078-Messie Boy.jpg
Stan continued. “So, Benny says: ‘We’re looking for Sheena Rawlings, from England. We understand she was staying here.’ All the blood drains from the kid’s face, like he’s seen a ghost.”

“’She left a few days ago,’ he says. ‘She told me she was going back to London.’ The kid is a really lousy liar.”

“Most of the people we arrested were,” Barb said.

“True,” Stan replied. “But even in that league, he was a cellar-dweller. So, I said to him, ‘Unfortunately, she didn’t make it back to Jolly Old England. Her body was found in an alley in the Bronx.’ And our Billy Bob breaks down. Gallons of tears. ‘What a horrible shock! That’s impossible!”

“He didn’t have you fooled, I take it?” Barb asked.

“Not for a New York minute, which as you know is like 15 seconds. Benny says, ‘We believe you may have been the last person to see her alive, so we’d like you to come down to the station so we can go over a few details.”

“Nothing to worry about, kid, just a friendly little chat,” Barb says.

“You got it. At this point, he’s not under arrest, so we don’t even have to give him his Miranda warning. In case he feels chatty in the car.”

“I like that,” Barb says. “I don’t suppose he talked just yet, though.”

“No, not yet. Speaking of talking, I’m getting talked out. How about some lunch?”

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a great manip, Madi :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Goldman is way to cheap to spring for a boss lawn mower like that! He prefers that I be forced to do sweaty manual labor while he watches. I think he must be descended from one of those whip wielding plantation owners. Someone ought to do some ancestry checking on him!
For obvious reasons, the first one is Moore appealing, as for the whip, all workers need to be appropriately motivated if the y they are to achieve their full potential!

Barb stared at Stan. “Billy Bob? Billy Bob from Arkansas? This is getting ridiculous, Goldman. Do you honestly expect me to believe this crap?”
I don't! Does anyone besides me think that Stan/Windar is making this crap quality story up as he goes along? Like he started a story without a complete plot and is now stalling for time to come up with the "rest of the story?"
“Even high schools in Arkansas do exchanges. His did one with the school in Nottingham that she attended. It was a private school, though they call them public schools over there for some odd reason. Very strange country.”
Now that totally blows any credibility!

Despite all the problems I've cited, this story is strongly addictive. I wait with bated breath for the next glimpse of Barb's tight little the Goth Girl's story.

Like he started a story without a complete plot and is now stalling for time to come up with the "rest of the story?"
That’s something Windar learned from me. Watching Seinfeld, on the other hand, is entirely his own idea.;)

“It must be, since I’m still with you, Goldman.”

“Very funny, Moore.

It is funny, Stan. Why is it that I still hang around with you? Is it your sparkling personality, your sense of humor, your prowess between the sheets (including your nipple licking and sucking technique) ?:rolleyes:

NAH! None of the above.

I think it’s just that you are a damn good writer and reading crap quality prose like this is so damn much fun.

:popcorn:

It is funny, Stan. Why is it that I still hang around with you? Is it your sparkling personality, your sense of humor, your prowess between the sheets (including your nipple licking and sucking technique) ?:rolleyes:

NAH! None of the above.

I think it’s just that you are a damn good writer and reading crap quality prose like this is so damn much fun.
:bdsm-heart::bdsm-heart::bdsm-heart::bdsm-heart::bdsm-heart::bdsm-heart:

Say what you will, PrPr, ay least this story will NOT occupy 250 pages in a pdf. I got the Goth Girl dead in the first few paragraphs. :p

That’s something Windar learned from me. Watching Seinfeld, on the other hand, is entirely his own idea.;)

NAH! None of the above.

:popcorn:
Don`t forget those sessions bent over the sawhorse in the basement, they always make an impression.

As he came into the house, he heard their landline ringing. Cell reception was spotty where they were so they kept a landline. It was a number he didn’t recognize with a 718 area code, which covered Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx.
Madiosi-2021-075-Stan phone.jpg
Usually he didn’t answer those types of calls; they were generally scammers of one sort or another-extended car warranties of dubious value, fake IRS agents demanding he pay taxes he didn’t owe or face immediate arrest, though oddly they wanted to be paid in bitcoin or gift cards, rather than check or bank debit.

Back
Top Bottom