The Sweat Box

Go to CruxDreams.com
That prolonged torture would be extremely efficient in obtaining complete surrender. As KageKamen suggested, even teh strong-willed would succumb to that. I really love that, keeping the prisoner indefinitely alive by the bare minimum of liquid. My own sweat, or a drip of cold water. Mind spinning in a haze.
Of course, a docile thing like you would hardly require such breaking. No, it could only occur to punish you for some severe infraction.

I see we have very similar thoughts! I agree completely with everything here. And as others have pointed out, there is a hierarchy among slaves, and those most trusted by the master (older slaves who have served him for decades, often slaves born into slavery from a slave mother) would be employed as supervisors, both in the house and in the fields. But as you say, his will has been imprinted on them, ideally, on all slaves, trusted or otherwise. I love the phrase "He lives in their mind". It is very accurate and reflects exactly what it is like, in my opinion.
I'd like to ask if you are a verna yourself, and how you came into your owner's service - but that might have to wait for your own thread. As it is, I'll just second this.

I believe the enforcement of strict protocol can go a long way towards reminding slaves of their reality. There are many things, small and big, that speak to this.
True, but it's a lot of work. People, free or slave, will incline to laxity over time.

I love the shackles she's wearing. Not sure what you'd call that style other than the very vague "historic shackles".
They do look good.

And feel free to answer in another thread - this one could probably use a subtitle the amount of off-topic stuff we've posted! Would you mind if I possibly messaged you as well?

Of course, a docile thing like you would hardly require such breaking. No, it could only occur to punish you for some severe infraction.

I'd like to ask if you are a verna yourself, and how you came into your owner's service - but that might have to wait for your own thread. As it is, I'll just second this.

True, but it's a lot of work. People, free or slave, will incline to laxity over time.

They do look good.

And feel free to answer in another thread - this one could probably use a subtitle the amount of off-topic stuff we've posted! Would you mind if I possibly messaged you as well?

I never imagine myself as a verna... because I love the trauma and shock of having lived free only to have been cruelly enslaved (by Roman legions!).

And I would be very happy if you messaged me! Please go ahead, with whatever's on your mind, short or long I'll be happy to read it! I'll also make sure to reply to your points in my thread, when I make it.

Those historical shackles are a pain in the arse... Keys are not common across them,no matter how it looks. Mind, you can open them with a bic biro tube...
Many of them weren't made for keys at all, but rather hammered on by a blacksmith.

I never imagine myself as a verna... because I love the trauma and shock of having lived free only to have been cruelly enslaved (by Roman legions!).
Indeed, it is a delectable sensation. At least for an imaginer - for the one experiencing it, "traumatising" barely begins to cover it. Still, many do overcome their tragedy to be reliable workers and sometimes even libertii.

Back
Top Bottom