Tortured Women

• Thread starter Deleted member 16647
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
OMG ! ... Been searching for any Amber content since I first saw her Full Body Whipping vid and somehow missed her back in the yahoo groups days ... Big thanks to Froggy for opening my eyes to this beautiful woman and Mr. O for the reposts! Wonderful content in this thread as well.
:aaaaa:
Hot damn, I've got a lot of catching up to do since I'm really late to the party

Last edited:
Quoom in relation to Queen Zenobia of Palmyra.

In the first place, the age of the queen in the illustrations does seem to agree with the written sources of the Latin authors. She should be between 25 and 30 years old, or a few more.

Second, since you can play to speculate on what happened to Zenobia in the end, it is easy to have her executed after her capture. But in reality no author agrees on the final fate of the queen. Some wrote that she married a Roman senator, that she was executed, that it became an appreciated philosophy, or even that it was actually the one that concocted in the shadows, years later, the assassination of the emperor who had defeated it; Aureliano. But it is almost certain that she was a prisoner in Rome chained with gold chains.

And third, since the final destiny of Zenobia was never known, it is correct to imagine, like Quoom, the brutal punishment on a brave queen who dared to oppose Rome.

On the other hand, I really doubt very much that the Senate or the Emperor himself would have approved such a savage execution. Usually important prisoners were killed quickly, but if they suffered derision it was when they were paraded through the streets of Rome. Some, like a certain Caratacus of the Britons, had their lives spared and integrated into Roman civilization. Well, the Quoom images are impressive. I think that sometimes too brutal. I also think that Quoon has raised the bar on torture lately. Here I would have preferred a normal crucifixion with whipping and all.

Attachments

• Queen Zenobia (580).jpg
    Queen Zenobia (580).jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 973
  • Queen Zenobia (968).jpg
    Queen Zenobia (968).jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 954
  • Queen Zenobia (964).jpg
    Queen Zenobia (964).jpg
    245 KB · Views: 996
  • Queen Zenobia (1061).jpg
    Queen Zenobia (1061).jpg
    299 KB · Views: 965
  • Queen Zenobia (1121).jpg
    Queen Zenobia (1121).jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 1,123
Quoom in relation to Queen Zenobia of Palmyra.

In the first place, the age of the queen in the illustrations does seem to agree with the written sources of the Latin authors. She should be between 25 and 30 years old, or a few more.

Second, since you can play to speculate on what happened to Zenobia in the end, it is easy to have her executed after her capture. But in reality no author agrees on the final fate of the queen. Some wrote that she married a Roman senator, that she was executed, that it became an appreciated philosophy, or even that it was actually the one that concocted in the shadows, years later, the assassination of the emperor who had defeated it; Aureliano. But it is almost certain that she was a prisoner in Rome chained with gold chains.

And third, since the final destiny of Zenobia was never known, it is correct to imagine, like Quoom, the brutal punishment on a brave queen who dared to oppose Rome.

On the other hand, I really doubt very much that the Senate or the Emperor himself would have approved such a savage execution. Usually important prisoners were killed quickly, but if they suffered derision it was when they were paraded through the streets of Rome. Some, like a certain Caratacus of the Britons, had their lives spared and integrated into Roman civilization. Well, the Quoom images are impressive. I think that sometimes too brutal. I also think that Quoon has raised the bar on torture lately. Here I would have preferred a normal crucifixion with whipping and all.
Is the Zenobia series one of Quoom's later ones? I don't think I've seen it before.

Back
Top Bottom