Upgrade?

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
If it says 'Default Style' at bottom left, click on that and select 'Blackend' from the pop-up menu.
I'm not seeing that option anywhere :(
Just this message at the top;
"An upgrade is pending. The forum is only accessible in debug mode."

First of all my apologies for the absence, i had hard time, this will be for a thing for another topic.
Even if i'm rusty I know how to administer a forum powered by PhpBB, but in this case i can only guess.
The first thing i would do is to backup all folders with images from users and the user table and statistics, this should be possible to do like managing a normal Pc.
Now from what i see here, (again guessing) the core of the program that run the forum has been updated automatically, but something went wrong.
By accessing as administrator, it should be possible to ultimate the pendig actions.
Inside the forum admin panel it should also be possible to rollback the update, if there is a backup.
There should be an option to turn off automatic upadates and avoid future issues and also make a scheduled backup.

Take care
Jack

Last edited:
Hi all.

What happened to CF? It displays in a somewhat peculiar way. I am informed that an update is pending. And when I click on the button "complete upgrade" I am informed that this is impossible (no admin).

I like the old appearance or better got really used to it. Any chances that this will be back one day? What does this "upgrade pending" mean?

no button there .
Indeed, apparently non-staff members are all hitting that problem.
What's going on is a major upgrade, you're looking at XenForo mark 2.0.0.0 -
our site-owner, ImageMaker, is very much at work with it,
and is aware of the problem with the background choices.
We thank you for your patience - as the station announcements say, with a hint of desperation :p -
but we've been through bigger crises, the last major upgrade we were completely shut out for several days,
we'll no doubt emerge even better than before! :D

I've gone back and checked. Wherever people have use "upload pics" in the past. Those posts now contain two of the same images. One in the text, and another farther down listed as "attachments"
That issue seems to be fixed now.
But the attachments have the advantage that you can see the number of views.
Perhaps that could be added to the text that pops up at the bottom of the picture.

Back
Top Bottom