A Lowland Adventure - Mr. Maxwells' Vacation

Go to CruxDreams.com
Well, things are definitely happening now.
Oh yes. I can promise that things will 'heat up' from here!
branding_iron_by_peterpulp_d7qhg89-pre (2).jpg
Fo Bhruid: Kidnapped: A Graphic Novel
For those who haven't read it, I cannot recommend Kidnapped by Robert Lewis Stevenson too highly. A rip-roaring tale of adventure in Scotland easily on a par with Treasure Island. Underneath the action-packed story is much Scottish history and subtle comment on politics and dissent (or insurrection!) Written in English with a smattering of Lowland Scots (less than here), it is set in the aftermath of the '45 in 1751, the leads are David Balfour (fictional) and Alan Breck Stewart (historical), shown here in a statue in Edinburgh.
RLS_'Kidnapped'_statue.jpg

Last edited:
[Episode 26]

Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision.”*
Alex had a restless night’s sleep. His mind raced through visions of the previous day. First, the enchanting drive through Gallovidia with Jes. Next, the discovery of Graeme’s cove - a solid piece in the case that a serial kidnapper was operating in the region. Finally, the cèilidh with Jes. As much as they both stated it wasn’t, it was a date and a fine one at that. Her liveliness was on display as he’d never seen before. The dance they shared, though awkward, was immense fun. And the kiss in the lot could have gone on forever. Would Jess ever, Alex wondered, allow the relationship to go further?
As he thought that, he retreated at once. He had such respect for this independent Scottish lassie that it didn’t seem right to push her to jump into bed, much as he desired that. She was special and sex wasn’t needed immediately. His feelings for her already went far beyond that. And there were other feelings, still quite unclear and confused, but most certainly there – domination and even sadism.

Jessie pulled Clio in by her home. As she did, she realized that she didn't remember a moment of the drive from Kenmuir. All her thoughts had been about the cèilidh with Alex. No, she admitted to herself. What had stayed in her mind was the kiss in the car park. That had been so damn hot! Why the hell had she insisted on separate cars?
Jessie walked to her door and let herself in, with the visions and memories of the night alive in her brain. Perhaps these made her forget to lock the door (not that her very insecure lock mattered much). It was late, and she was sleepy. She went straight to the shower for her evening rinse. When that was done, she changed into her standard summer sleepwear, a tiny loose pair of silky shorts, extinguished the lights, and went to bed.
Although she was tired and fell asleep fairly quickly, it was not before she recalled that kiss. As the quiet rhythm of her breathing settled in, her one hand tweaked a nipple erect, while the other crept to her loins. Sleep soon overtook even those plans.

Alex woke early the next day and hopped into the shower. Once he had finished his toilet and dressed, he sat impatiently waiting.
At seven-thirty, promptly, Mrs. McTavish knocked on his door with his breakfast. He’d asked, the night before, for a light meal, and it was by Morag’s redoubtable standards: coffee, biscuits, scones, muffins, and rolls with butter, margarine, and several choices of jams, including her homemade gooseberry jam.
“Thank you, Mrs. Mctavish. Is your friend, Annie, home? Have you spoken to her?”
“Aye, I phoned her yestreen,, she got back sauf an soond. I etled ta explain tae her whit ye wanted, bit we greed it wud be best gin ye spaik tae her direck. She’ll be bidin fer yer ca this day.
“Wonderful. As soon as Jessie gets here, we’ll come and see you to introduce us.”
“A’ll be reedy. Bye the bye, hoo did you enjy oor cèilidh yestreen?”
“It was outstanding. The food and the entertainment and the people were most delightful.”
“Aye, folks aroond here are gey cantie. Aiblins ane lassie in perteecular?” she smiled conspiratorially.
“Aye, Mrs. McTavish, one lassie is particularly ... er ... cantie!”
Morag grunted satisfaction and bustled out, leaving Alex to the food and visions of a special lassie.

As Alex finished what he could of the delicious and oversize repast, he looked at his watch, seven fifty-eight. He had expected Jess before now. She'd said she would be there first thing in the morning, and the lassie was very punctual, in his experience.
By eight-fifteen, Alex was out of patience and called Jess’s number. No answer.
Alex paced up and down for another ten minutes, calling the number once every minute or two with no better results. Finally, he could wait no more. He hurried over and told Mrs. Mctavish of his concerns and that he would go to Jessie’s place. If she showed up, please call him. Morag readily agreed.
Alex jumped in his SUV and took off much faster than safety and the speed limit dictated. Twelve minutes later, he pulled into Jessie’s drive to spot Clio parked in her usual spot.

*Fear is a reaction… attributed to Winston Churchill.

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.”**
Every fiber of Alex’s being was screaming for him to run to the cottage to see if Jessie was OK. Somehow, his professional training and instincts resisted his emotions and forced him to take his time.
He parked his Range Rover at a considerable distance and sat for a full minute with the motor off, observing and assessing the situation. Nothing was visibly different than the last time he’d been here. Clio was parked precisely as Jessie had parked her at that time. The look and state of the exterior of the cottage was unchanged. He saw no new tire tracks in the needles and leaves. So far, so good.
Carefully exiting his car, Alex took a circuitous route toward the front door, avoiding any tracks that might be in the soft ground, all the while observing that ground as thoroughly as possible. When he got to the door, he pulled out his handkerchief and gingerly tried the handle – locked. He saw no signs of forced entry, no new marks on the door.

*Fools Rush In – from Alexander Pope’s Essay on Criticism, published in 1711, when he was still 22 years old. My loyal readers may recall that he was a good friend of Lady Mary Wortley Montagu, who made a crucial appearance in Rebecca and the Bloody Codes.

Fo Bhruid***
The first thing Jessie knew, she was waking up with a terrible headache and a mouth that tasted like a pair of unhygienic birds had made a nest there. She felt like she'd slept forever, but there was no light. Then she realized there was a blindfold over her eyes. And a cloth strip was pulled tight through her mouth as a gag. A moment to try to move revealed that she was stretched spread-eagle, bound hand and foot. Gathering her wits and strength, she tested her bonds and learned they were strong and firm.
Jessie kept her wits about her even with such a terrifying turn of events to try to understand. She considered calling through the gag for help but decided that the only one likely to hear was her kidnapper. The fact that she was awake and he didn't know it gave her a small advantage. And, helpless as she was, there was no reason to squander any advantage.
Who was it? Where was she? As the chemically induced cobwebs in her brain cleared, Jessie knew who it was – Graeme! It was as sure as anything and terribly frightening. Alex had told her that his man was a ruthless criminal who enjoyed hurting women. And that he specialized in making them disappear. Has he already done that? Had Jessie disappeared into some ship bound for the far end of the world? Even with her substantial strength of will, Jessie shivered at the thought and came close to panic.
Somehow, though, she calmed herself and began to reason. She tried to think as Alex would, rationally about the evidence and the possibilities. She lay quiet and listened. There was no sound of an engine, no motion or rocking with the sea. No, she was still on land, somewhere in Gallovidia. But where? Probably, she thought, Graeme's house, his lair, wherever that was. Perhaps near the cove.

***Fo Bhruid: Kidnapped: A Graphic Novel in Full Color (Scots Gaelic Edition) adapted from the original novel by Robert Louis Stevenson
View attachment 960620

But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.”****
Alex pulled out his pick, opened the lock and then the door and called out:
“Jes!”
His heart sank as he received no reply. He had fully expected such, but the final confirmation was still devastating. Graeme had her!
He entered the cottage and quickly confirmed his expectations. No sign of Jes or a struggle appeared. Bed, obviously slept in and hastily made. There was breakfast evidence in the kitchen sink, and a few items were out of place.
Alex, tears streaming down his cheeks, sat down in the middle of the floor and, between sobs, tried to think out the situation.
With difficulty, Alex forced himself to go rationally through the evidence he had. Jes had driven home as expected, parked Clio, went inside, and eventually went to bed. He was sure of that.
Someone (he assumed Graeme) walked up to the door later (one of his footsteps covered one of Jes’s) and picked the lock. He surprised Jessie in her sleep and held a chloroform rag over her nose (there was still the slightest whiff of the sweet chemical smell in the bedroom). He then made a hurried attempt to make it look like Jes had woken in the morning and had breakfast. Her hiking boots from by the door were also gone, an attempt to suggest she was out hiking.
The man had carried her from the cottage via a circuitous route, but the girl's combined weight had made his footprints deep and easy to follow in the soft soil.
Those were the facts to be gathered from his examination. But Alex, the profiler, speculated further. The whole job was rushed. That was not Graeme’s style. Alex believed that he had stalked Jessie previously but, for whatever reason, had not snatched her. Now, on short notice, he felt it necessary to grab her on the run. Why?
As he regained his self-control and doggedly pursued the evidence, Alex concluded that Graeme must have become aware of them looking for him. With his shipment due out in a few days, he couldn't take the chance that Alex and Jessie would find him out in the meantime.
But, then, why only Jes? Why didn’t he come round to Tonderghie House and grab Alex in his sleep as well? The apparent explanation is that he didn’t know where Alex was staying. How then did he know they were after him?

Then the lightbulb went off in his head. Their visit to Bluidy Bight! Graeme must have been there, hiding. He could have overheard their talk and learned that they were on to his process. And the knowledge of his smuggling beach would jeopardize the whole operation. He would have recognized Jessie from stalking her but did not know Alex. Even if he had tried to follow, Jes's expert driving of Clio on the winding roads probably lost him.
Graeme would then have to go and wait for Jes at her cottage. However, how would he deal with Alex?
Oh, My God! Alex thought in horror as he realized what was going down. Graeme would want to get the information on Alex from Jessie! And he surely wouldn't be gentle in the effort!

****But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it - Calla Quinn, All the Time (and Constantly), a
form of apology, a dismissal of blame, and one poet's commentary on what is left after love leaves.
WOW!

And so Graeme takes our heroine ... or does he? The 'abduction' doesn't seem to quite fit his usual MO ...

"... And he surely wouldn't be gentle in the effort! ..." we can only hope that he isn't ;)

PrPr paints such a wonderful picture of Gallovidia - it would be a perfect vacation destination ... if it wasn't for the presence of a monstrous serial killer!

O M G !!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused::confused::confused:

Graeme’s Girls
Only the Best for Discriminating Connoisseurs

(Photo’s and additional details available on verified request)

Dossier #1063

Name: Jessie
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 125lbs
Hair Color: Dark brown
Eye Color: Dark brown, very distinctive, with delicate eyelashes and brows
Body Type: Trim. Smallish breasts 32B, quite firm, areoles about 1”
Nationality: British; Scottish
Language: English; Lowland Scottish
Background: Highly educated with degrees in linguistics from two top-rated British Universities. No family connections in evidence. Lives alone - very independent – spends much time in the woods. She works online from home. She was in a submissive relationship with a male for about a year. No evidence of any sexual activity in the time since. Cares for others and self-effacing in normal relationships.

SOLD
– Similar stock can be special ordered with an advance deposit

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

O M G !!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused::confused::confused:

Graeme’s Girls
Only the Best for Discriminating Connoisseurs

(Photo’s and additional details available on verified request)

Dossier #1063

Name: Jessie
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 125lbs
Hair Color: Dark brown
Eye Color: Dark brown, very distinctive, with delicate eyelashes and brows
Body Type: Trim. Smallish breasts 32B, quite firm, areoles about 1”
Nationality: British; Scottish
Language: English; Lowland Scottish
Background: Highly educated with degrees in linguistics from two top-rated British Universities. No family connections in evidence. Lives alone - very independent – spends much time in the woods. She works online from home. She was in a submissive relationship with a male for about a year. No evidence of any sexual activity in the time since. Cares for others and self-effacing in normal relationships.

SOLD

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!
SOLD! NOOOO! Who to - what, where, when ... I'm waiting with baited everything!

And he included specific details about the size of her areoles!

SOLD

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!
Hmmm given this was an 'improvised catch' it's quite impressive he can bring supply and demand together so quickly!

Or maybe he isn't entirely dedicated to truth in advertising,
and in this case 'sold' just means reserved for personal use,
and he's just teasing the customers with a description, ... hence the line 'similar stock can be ordered ...'

SOLD! NOOOO! Who to - what, where, when
it's quite impressive he can bring supply and demand together so quickly!
Sigh! :BoredSmiley: I seem to have"readers" who don't believe in actually reading! From the very first episode:
Oh. I need tell you - I have a buyer who drools for slim brunettes with small breasts and a defiant streak. He will pay top dollar.
And for the easily confused, small breasts eliminates our sweet (defiant?) Barbara

Last edited:
[Episode 27]

"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car. It's the one who refuses to lose."*
Alex ran to the Range Rover and drove as fast as he knew how, back to the Johnstoun Police station on Ayr Road. When he arrived, he saw no marked police car (or any car for that matter) parked in front. He pounded on the door, but there was no sign of life. Jes had warned him when they went here previously that it was rarely staffed. And today was the Sabbath.
Alex searched on his phone awhile and came up with the number for the Regional Police Division headquarters in Dumfries. After several false trails, he got through to Sergeant Sandy Lindsay. He recognized at once the low but gentle voice of the outdoorsman.
“Aye, Mr. Maxwell. I mind ye well as Jessie’s friend. You were a wee bit fashed aboot a kidnapper, but ye hadna onythin ta to prove it.”
"Now it's more serious, Sergeant. He's taken, Jessie!"
“Lod! Tell me a ye ken.”

Alex laid out the story from Jessie's departure the night before to her failure to show up this morning to his search of her cottage and Graeme's signs.
"Whoa! Yon's quite a story, wi anely a wee bit o proof. Hoo do we ken that Jessie didna just gae for a lang hike in the Forest? She's excellent at the outdoors and could camp oot for twa-three days as easy as takin a … Weel, as easy as onythin."
“Because she didn’t! We were working on this case, and she was anxious to solve it. She’s been kidnapped, I tell you, and she’s in great danger.”
"Noo, noo - tak it easy, Mr. Maxwell. I'm fond of Jessie mysel, an I wouldna want ony harm to come to her. But ye ken we wait at least 48 hours for a missing person without signs of foul play."
“Forty-eight hours! She could be dead by then! I tell you there are signs of foul play!”
“A reet! A reet! I’ll tak a run ower to her cottage later this morn an see what I can see. But wi'oot clear evidence of violence, there's little the constabulary can do immediately.”
Alex had dealt with many police bureaucracies and recognized the brick wall he faced. He knew he’d have to solve this on his own. “Thank you, Sergeant. Please do all you can do. I believe strongly that her life is in danger.”
“I onnerstan. I’ll let you know onythin I fin oot. Meantime, ye just go back to your place and try to tak it easy until we can do somethin.”
“Thank you, Sergeant.” Alex was fuming but saw no benefit for Jessie in angering the only policeman who might take him semi-seriously.
But he had no intention of taking it easy. He drove as fast as he could back to see Mrs. McTavish.

*The winner ain't the one with the fastest car - Ralph Dale Earnhardt Sr., son and father of race car drivers, regarded as one of the greatest drivers in NASCAR history. AKA "The Intimidator", "The Man in Black", and "Ironhead," Earnhardt died in a sudden last-lap crash during the Daytona 500 in 2001 at the age of 49.

Fo Bhruid 2
Jessie’s reasoning seemed to have exhausted what little she could deduce from the situation. How had he gotten her without her being aware? But then, Alex had told her that Graham was an expert at this. Had she locked her door? She couldn't remember. But with the disdain Alex had for her latch, it probably didn't matter. She had meant to replace it, but she'd been so busy with the chase.
The chase. Whit a laugh. They had chased, and now Graham had caught her!
Then Jessie thought Alex would be on the chase when she didn’t show up this morning. Was it morning? What day?
Caum yersel doon, she thought. Save yer strenth Soon enough, she would need to contend with a master criminal!
After an indeterminable time, she heard a key in a lock and the sound of a door opening. It was him! Lie perfetly still, she told herself. It's yer wee advauntage.
Jessie heard footsteps and then a low, soft voice. "Still sleeping, my beauty? I did give you a lot." She felt fingers on her neck. Somehow she didn't flinch. "Your pulse is good. You'll be awake soon, and we can talk. Yes, you can do some talking." With that, she heard the footsteps and the door closing. The key turned.

Chi non è impaziente non è innamorato”*
Alex slid the Rover into the Tonderghie House drive at high speed, kicking up a cloud of dust. Mrs. McTavish had been waiting for him and appeared at her door as he exited the SUV. Alex began telling the story even as he hurried across to her. They moved to her parlor as he recounted all he had seen and surmised and his futile call with Sergeant Lindsey.
“Och, oor Sergeant Sandy is ane tae gae by the buik, areet. Ye’ll neer get him to move faster than he believes is reet.”
“I know that. I’ll have to find Jessie on my own.”
“Och. Is that safe?’
“I worry about that. What if he has a gun? I couldn’t bring mine on the plane, and it's too short notice to buy one. But I’ve got to save Jes, no matter the risk!”
“Gin it's a pistol you be wantin, my dear-depairted husband, Robert, had ane, bless his soul.”
“Really. A gun?”
"Indeed, it is. He bought it an licensed it after he left the King's Own Scottish Borderers at Dumfries. He was uised tae firearms in the military, an we needed it to keep a lid on the rattons and an ither ferm vermin aroon here. After he deed, I've kept it licensed."
“Does it work after all this time?” Alex asked.
“Does it work, he asks! Why I ken my way aroon a gun as weel as any man. I’s been a marksman since I was a bairn, and ma da taught me tae shoot rattons. It's cleaned and loaded and ready to fire!”
“Mrs. McTavish! I could kiss you!” The matron blushed deeply at the words of the handsome American.
“Now I need one more help. We must go see your friend, Annie, the postmistress. She’s our only hope to locate Graham.”
“But she’ll be on her roonds in Lanark the noo. She should be back at the Kenmuir post afore noon.”
“Noon!” Alex looked at his watch. It was 10:40. Where had the morning gone? How long had Graham had Jessie? What might he have done to her already? “Could we drive to Lanark?”
“Nae, we’d miss her on the way. Best to wait in Kenmuir. You tak it easy for a moment. Save your strenth. . I’ll fetch some tea and biscuits. (Morag’s answer to any difficulty).”
Reluctantly, Alex consented. As he sat and waited for his snack, he kept turning in his mind everything he knew, looking for some key to finding Jessie.

The next hour was the most challenging time in all of Alex Maxwell’s life. The previous two contenders – when he was fourteen and had three wisdom teeth pulled the same day, or when he was seventeen, and his date dumped him eight hours before the prom because she’d been asked by the star running back on the football squad, which meant he was left to cry alone at home – seemed to fade to nothingness compared to waiting, with nothing to do, while that beautiful lassie was in the cruel hands of Graham.
Even though it was only seven minutes to the post office, Alex insisted at twenty of twelve that they depart. Morag Mctavish was a strong woman who had faced all of the Galloway back-country's dangers and challenges in her 62 years. But, ever after, she swore that she nivver been sae feart as she was on that six-minute drive with the crazy yank!
When they got to the office (which was just a counter at the side of a fabric shop), at eleven fifty-three, Annie was nowhere to be seen. Alex paced vigorously up and down the walk in front. When the Bell from St. Ninian’s church tower tolled noon, Alex went ballistic. “Where the hell is she? You said she’d be here by noon!”
"I said aroon noon. Gallowa time ..."
“Arrggghhhh.” Alex wanted to swear but had too much consideration for Morag. Somehow he waited out the postmistress.

*Chi non è impaziente non è innamorato - He Who Is Not Impatient Is Not In Love – Italian Proverb

Fo Bhruid! 3
Time passed. Jessie's head was clearing, but she wasn't any closer to what was happening or how she might escape. Her mouth still felt like cotton-wool, and her thirst was becoming mind-consuming. And she felt the need to piss.

The key turned. The door opened. The footsteps approached. Jessie waited. Then, suddenly, without warning, a hand touched her right nipple. She cried out in surprise.
“So you are awake, my dear. Playing possum, were we? Let's let you see, shall we?
Hands loosened the blindfold and then removed it. There were intense lights shining down on Jessie, and the light completely blinded her. Gradually her eyes adjusted, and she could see around her. And then, she saw him.

Leaning over her was a large, burly man, stripped to the waist. His face was not handsome. He was rather homely with small, piggish eyes and big ears. But his expression, in defiance of the circumstances, was soft and caring.
“Good morning, Jessie. I’m so glad we finally meet face to face. I feel I know you like an old friend. I’ve had my eyes on you for so long now. And, speaking of eyes, may I say that yours are most fetching. A man could easily get lost in them.”
Jessie was taken aback by the sweet, flattering talk. What kind of an evil criminal was this? She decided it was best to play along with his courteous manners.
"Guid mornin tae you, Sir. Howaneer, you hae the advauntage o kennin ma neme, whiles I dinna ken yourn. An forby, wid ye be sae kind as tae relaise me?"
“Now, Jessie. That is not the best way for our relationship to begin. You are not being honest at all. You know my name – I've heard you use it. My legal name is John Gregham. My father's family is from Falkirk. I've chosen to use Graeme as my 'professional' name. It was the name of a freebooter in old Galloway. He was famous for burning to death the Gordon of Muirfad. My uncle Gordon disdained my mother after she married against his will. I always wanted to take my vengeance on the Gordons and all of Galloway, just as Graeme did. How better than to use their ancestral home as the base of my business."

“Aye, I hae heerd o yon Graeme,” said Jessie. She was still trying to process how Alex could have profiled the man’s chosen pseudonym so closely. “He was a gey ill-thochtit chiel. He killt the Gordon by braisant leein an traison.”

WOW!

And so Graeme takes our heroine ... or does he? The 'abduction' doesn't seem to quite fit his usual MO ...

"... And he surely wouldn't be gentle in the effort! ..." we can only hope that he isn't ;)

PrPr paints such a wonderful picture of Gallovidia - it would be a perfect vacation destination ... if it wasn't for the presence of a monstrous serial killer!
My fears were justified. But there is still a faint hope. Maybe she was bought by a rich and noble member of the cruxtalks, who is secretly in love with her? Hardly.

[Episode 28]

Live so you wouldn’t be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.”**
Looking up the street, Alex saw a heavy-set, middle-aged woman, riding a bicycle, turn the corner and head toward them.
"Yon's Annie," said Mrs. McTavish.
Somehow, Alex suppressed his desire to drag her from her bike by her lapels and scream his question into her face. Instead, he stood, impatiently as Morag introduced them and explained (at far too great a length and interrupted by far too many, “Och” and “My” “That’s terrible”) the situation with Jessie. In the end, Annie looked at him and asked how she could help.
Alex, with some translation by Morag, explained what he profiled as Graeme’s style and appearance and the kind of property he would use for his operation. Had anyone bought or rented such a place in the last year?
Annie, wanting badly to help, thought long and hard. Then she shook her head.
"No, I dinna ken onybody buyin or rentin a place like that. I’m very sorry, but no.”
Alex felt his heart breaking. With tears in his eyes, he pressed the postmistress one more time.
“No one like that? Are you sure? No one moved into such a property in the last year – maybe eighteen months?” He felt his hopes rushing down the drain.
“Och, ye said bought or rented. Moved in? Mebbe ... aye, there wis one. Hmm ... much like your description, noo I think aboot him ...” She turned to Morag, “Ye ken. The old Gordon house. It wis empty for a dinna recall hoo lang, then yon man they reckon wis the old laird’s nephew inherited it, an he flitted there twa year syne.”
“Aye, I mind yon. But Lord, that new one keeps to hisself. I dinna mind ivver seein him.” Replied Morag.
"Right, you are there. He hasna stayed there maist o the time. Had a gang of workman makkin renovations for maist o the first year. Though I think he bides there the noo." Said Annie.
“But whit’s his name. It isna Gorden, I hear.”
“I dinna mind it mysel. He nivver gets ony mail, nor bides in the post office. Wait a minute. I hae a list o properties just updated. Let me see.”

Annie bustled into the shop and opened a small desk. She came up with a number of sheets of closely typed lists.
"Noo, noo, Och! Here it is. Ye were right, Morag. He isna a Gordon. His mother was the old laird's sister. The name- um – here – John Gregham, originally frae Fawkirk."
“Gregham!” cried Alex in astonishment. His profiled name was unbelievably close! “He’s my man! What can you tell me about him? Where is this house? What's it like?"
“Hold yersel there, Mr. Maxwell. Ane question at a time," said Annie. "I ken naught aboot the man, hisself. Keeps so to hisself. Noo, the house is quite a place, doon in the Machars. South of Stewarton. A couple of miles from the Bay.”

"South of Stewarton? Oh, my God! We were there just yesterday. Graeme's cove is there - Bluidy Bight! Jessie mentioned the "Gordon's house” is a couple of miles from the beach. That must be it!"
"Aye. The Gordon's are frae there," said Morag.
"Graeme must have seen us there. He figured out we were onto him and came after us. It's Jes that he got! How could I have been so stupid? We were asking for trouble poking around his home!"
“Ye think that’s where he’s taen Jessie?” asked Annie.
“I’m sure of it. I’ve got to go right away to see to try to help her. Do ye, I mean you – you have me speaking Scot! - have a map to get me there?”
"What's a weel-stockit Post wi'oot maps?" said Annie, who ducked behind the counter.

Alex turned to Morag. “There’s something you can do. I’ll go there with your gun, but I’ve no idea whether he has confederates there. We need the authorities to help. Any chance you could try to convince Sergeant Lindsay to send backup? We've got to save Jessie!” Alex almost cried at the words.
“Coont on me, Mr. Maxwell. I’ll drag yon Sandy Lindsay by the scruff o his neck, gin I hae ta tae get him there!”
"Thank you. You are a gem, Mrs. McTavish." He grabbed her head in his hands and kissed her on the lips. At the moment, Annie came back and handed him a map, and he kissed her too, before running to the Range Rover and peeling out.
Both women were left flustered and bright red!

**”Parrot” – Will Rogers

Fo Bhruid 4
Graeme smiled and continued in his soft, kind voice, "All's fair in love and war, Jessie, which brings me to why you are here. I saw you and your boyfriend at my cove yesterday, and you were talking about me. You surely understand that I cannot let information about my business be bandied about like that. I need to learn precisely what you know. And I need to talk to your boyfriend. So, please, tell me his name and where I might find him."
So that's it! Thought Jessie. He wants to silence us. But he disna ken wha Alex is! That's certainly to oor advantage. Weel, I'll no be tellin him.
"Och, sae yon’s whit ye're ettlin for? Weel, I canna help ye there. I anely ken a wee bittie. Ye’re heid bummer o some smugglin ploy, I jalouse. That's as muckle as I ken. An ma 'boyfriend,' as you cry him, he certie isna my boyfriend, we’re nae but chaunce acquantaunces. He kens less o you than I dae. He jus tagged alang yestreen howpin tae git in ma knickers – fat chaunce he has!"

Ane Knycht Aventurer* [Scottish for A Knight Errant]
Although it was only a two-hour drive to the cove, it seemed to take forever. When Alex was tempted to speed, he reminded himself that he was Jessie's only hope if she was still alive (he was too experienced in psychopathic criminal behavior to dismiss the other possibility). So being arrested or having a crash was not an acceptable risk.
He looked at the dash clock when he reached the place where they had parked the day before. Two-Thirty. Graeme had held Jessie for anywhere from six to twelve hours.

*Ane Knycht Aventurer -
“O young Lochinvar is come out of the west,

Through all the wide Border his steed was the best;
And save his good broadsword he weapons had none,
He rode all unarm’d, and he rode all alone.
So faithful in love, and so dauntless in war,

There never was knight like the young Lochinvar.” - Sir Walter Scott

Fo Bhruid 5
“You are a fetching girl, Jessie, but a poor liar. I found this in your notebook last night,” he held up a piece of paper.
“Title: 'Graeme.' Well, I must say I'm flattered."

Och, noo. He’s foond ma notes of Alec’s channeling! Thought Jessie.
Graeme began reading the notes out loud, "He's in it for love and money. He got started to satisfy his desires but learned that he could make money, a lot of money, by selling the girls on to 'collectors.' Very true, dear girl. But how would you come to know that, I wonder? You seem to know a lot about what I do.”
“Jus a lucky guess or twa, I think." Her whole story of knowing little was collapsing rapidly.
Graeme continued, using Jessie's own words to taunt her, “Partnered up with an international ring, maybe Russian or Ukrainian, to smuggle the girls out of Britain and on to their eventual buyers. Some will be special orders, while others are just vulnerable, pretty, young girls who can be auctioned off to the highest bidder.”
“Weel, some usual things and surmises.” Jessie was sweating now.
“Ukrainian? How would Ukrainian be usual?” Graeme’s voice took on an angered tone. “And you know how I mix orders with ‘spec’ girls? You have an extensive knowledge of how my business works for a simple country girl doing academic research and consulting.”
“A like reading aboot crime and mysteries.” Jessie tried desperately to maintain her claims of ignorance.
“Are you telling the truth, or still lying?” Graeme asked, leaning closer to her face.
“Anely the truth – I swear it! Please, I willna tell anyone!“
“The truth? And yet, there were no crime or mystery books in your place or on your browser favorites. I think you are lying to me. Although I can guarantee that you are correct when you say you will tell no one.”
Jessie's eyes snapped wide open. He'd been on her computer!
“Yes, Jessie, I know much about you, including your interest in CruxTalk, along with your friend Sorcha.”
God! He's seen her posts the chat room and knew she was Sorcha's friend. Jessie was now terrified.
“But let’s read on and see what you know about me.” Graeme was speaking again in his soft, gentle voice. "Uses an isolated beach or deserted harbor where the girls could be loaded on ships to take into slavery...Sorcha and maybe a half dozen other girls...He needs a building with room size for cages to keep the girls until the next shipment goes out.”
He looked at her with an expression of infinite sadness. “It reads like you’ve toured my operation.”
“It was jus a game o tryin to guess what you were up tae.”
“Please, Jessie, you don’t lie very well. We are going to need to be honest with each other if we are to avoid you getting hurt here.” As his words became threatening, his voice became even kinder. The disconnect sent a cold shiver running down her spine at his words. This man was incredibly evil, she thought!
Graeme looked back to the notes and read more. “He’s smart, very smart. He is methodical, plans everything out in great detail.” He smiled at Jessie, “Thank you for that, though that should tell you not to try to fool me.”
“He regards himself as a ladies’ man and an exceptional lover. Well, naturally. Though I do wonder how you could know?” Jessie said nothing. She now realized that anything she said might make matters worse.
“But then, I read on, and I was most put out," said the man, still in the gentlest voice, but with a comically disapproving expression on his piggish face. "In reality, he is average or below. He's vulnerable to having his attractiveness and manhood questioned. 'He's ugsome, an he's anely got a wee pintle?'" Lord! Why did I write that? Jessie thought.
“Now Jessie, that was not nice at all.” For the first time, malice slipped into Graeme’s calm, soft voice. Jessie shivered on hearing it.

Ane Knycht Aventurer 2
Using the map Annie had supplied, Alex cautiously sought out the Gordon estate. It wouldn't do to run into Graeme in his drive and alert him. At last, he came to the indicated spot, and his heart sank. There was the mansion house, alright, just as described. No doubt, he had the right place. But there was no cover in front. There was not a tree or a bush or a shrub in sight. And, in contrast to the places he'd seen in Galloway, the grass was even cropped short.

927b414f81430fe173ccb93748c3a3c6.jpg

Fo Bhruid 6
“No matter. I shall be able to get the truth out of you shortly. In the meantime, I'll remove the skimpy wrapping from my new pretty present.” He reached down and, with one strong jerk, ripped her shorts off.
“You are a nice trim package, Miss McTaggert," he said, running his hand up the inside of her thigh and then over of the untrimmed mound and up onto the flat, quivering belly. "All that hiking seems to keep you in fine shape." He used both hands to mold her small, firm breasts. "And these are just my kind – tight and solid. I don't care for those cow-udders on some girls." He tweaked her nipples, which responded with the beginning of erections. "Very nice package, indeed, Jessie. I shall have to take full advantage of it before you ship out."
Jessie gave a little sob at being manhandled like this and the intimation of rape.
"However, I have more urgent matters that require my attention. Are you going to tell me the man's name and how to find him? Or shall you force me to treat you less hospitably?"
"I telt ye, he disna ken onythin. It would be wrang fer me to tell ye his name."
"Wrong? We seem to be on elevated moral ground here. I'm sorry, Jessie, but I shall need to drag you down in the mud." He reached under where she lay and pulled a lever over. Jessie felt her body move slightly. Graeme pressed down on her left leg and the whole surface tilted toward her feet. After bringing her nearly upright, he reversed the lever to secure her body in the position. Upright, Jessie was aware of how she was placed. She was bound to an X-cross frame in a stone-vaulted basement room. With Graeme's references to Gordon relatives, she wondered if it was the old Gordon mansion.
That house was only a couple of miles from the cove he used for smuggling. Indeed, Galloway's prosperity in the old days was primarily built by such as the Gordons on smuggled goods - brandy, rum, tea, and sugar - and of course, the slave trade. The Gordons built their fortune, and their house, on traffic in humans. The Gordon House had a dark history.
Jessie wondered if Graeme was adding a new chapter to that history. It might be valuable to know if he worked out of the Gordon mansion. But it wasn't very helpful while she was tied up and at his mercy.

Ane Knycht Aventurer 3
There was no possible way to sneak up on the place in daylight, at least from where he sat. And walking up to the front door and knocking would probably be a disaster. Alex was sure Graeme had seen them at the cove and would recognize Alex.
The ground behind the house appeared to drop off toward the Bay and might provide cover. That was a chance. However, to get there would require a long, time-consuming, out-of-the-way hike over ground that he didn't know. After thinking a few minutes, Alex knew that was his only hope. He drove a mile up the road and left the car in a nondescript spot behind a tumbling-down barn. He got out and checked the revolver. It was, as Morag had promised, in excellent condition. He grabbed the flashlight she had provided (she called it a 'torch') and headed down on an oblique line, bisecting the way to the cove and the house, looking for some cover.

Even moving slowly, he could hear his heart a-pounding.

Last edited:
[Episode 28]

Live so you wouldn’t be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.”**
Looking up the street, Alex saw a heavy-set, middle-aged woman, riding a bicycle, turn the corner and head toward them.
"Yon's Annie," said Mrs. McTavish.
Somehow, Alex suppressed his desire to drag her from her bike by her lapels and scream his question into her face. Instead, he stood, impatiently as Morag introduced them and explained (at far too great a length and interrupted by far too many, “Och” and “My” “That’s terrible”) the situation with Jessie. In the end, Annie looked at him and asked how she could help.
Alex, with some translation by Morag, explained what he profiled as Graeme’s style and appearance and the kind of property he would use for his operation. Had anyone bought or rented such a place in the last year?
Annie, wanting badly to help, thought long and hard. Then she shook her head.
"No, I dinna ken onybody buyin or rentin a place like that. I’m very sorry, but no.”
Alex felt his heart breaking. With tears in his eyes, he pressed the postmistress one more time.
“No one like that? Are you sure? No one moved into such a property in the last year – maybe eighteen months?” He felt his hopes rushing down the drain.
“Och, ye said bought or rented. Moved in? Mebbe ... aye, there wis one. Hmm ... much like your description, noo I think aboot him ...” She turned to Morag, “Ye ken. The old Gordon house. It wis empty for a dinna recall hoo lang, then yon man they reckon wis the old laird’s nephew inherited it, an he flitted there twa year syne.”
“Aye, I mind yon. But Lord, that new one keeps to hisself. I dinna mind ivver seein him.” Replied Morag.
"Right, you are there. He hasna stayed there maist o the time. Had a gang of workman makkin renovations for maist o the first year. Though I think he bides there the noo." Said Annie.
“But whit’s his name. It isna Gorden, I hear.”
“I dinna mind it mysel. He nivver gets ony mail, nor bides in the post office. Wait a minute. I hae a list o properties just updated. Let me see.”

Annie bustled into the shop and opened a small desk. She came up with a number of sheets of closely typed lists.
"Noo, noo, Och! Here it is. Ye were right, Morag. He isna a Gordon. His mother was the old laird's sister. The name- um – here – John Gregham, originally frae Fawkirk."
“Gregham!” cried Alex in astonishment. His profiled name was unbelievably close! “He’s my man! What can you tell me about him? Where is this house? What's it like?"
“Hold yersel there, Mr. Maxwell. Ane question at a time," said Annie. "I ken naught aboot the man, hisself. Keeps so to hisself. Noo, the house is quite a place, doon in the Machars. South of Stewarton. A couple of miles from the Bay.”

"South of Stewarton? Oh, my God! We were there just yesterday. Graeme's cove is there - Bluidy Bight! Jessie mentioned the "Gordon's house” is a couple of miles from the beach. That must be it!"
"Aye. The Gordon's are frae there," said Morag.
"Graeme must have seen us there. He figured out we were onto him and came after us. It's Jes that he got! How could I have been so stupid? We were asking for trouble poking around his home!"
“Ye think that’s where he’s taen Jessie?” asked Annie.
“I’m sure of it. I’ve got to go right away to see to try to help her. Do ye, I mean you – you have me speaking Scot! - have a map to get me there?”
"What's a weel-stockit Post wi'oot maps?" said Annie, who ducked behind the counter.

Alex turned to Morag. “There’s something you can do. I’ll go there with your gun, but I’ve no idea whether he has confederates there. We need the authorities to help. Any chance you could try to convince Sergeant Lindsay to send backup? We've got to save Jessie!” Alex almost cried at the words.
“Coont on me, Mr. Maxwell. I’ll drag yon Sandy Lindsay by the scruff o his neck, gin I hae ta tae get him there!”
"Thank you. You are a gem, Mrs. McTavish." He grabbed her head in his hands and kissed her on the lips. At the moment, Annie came back and handed him a map, and he kissed her too, before running to the Range Rover and peeling out.
Both women were left flustered and bright red!

**”Parrot” – Will Rogers

Fo Bhruid 4
Graeme smiled and continued in his soft, kind voice, "All's fair in love and war, Jessie, which brings me to why you are here. I saw you and your boyfriend at my cove yesterday, and you were talking about me. You surely understand that I cannot let information about my business be bandied about like that. I need to learn precisely what you know. And I need to talk to your boyfriend. So, please, tell me his name and where I might find him."
So that's it! Thought Jessie. He wants to silence us. But he disna ken wha Alex is! That's certainly to oor advantage. Weel, I'll no be tellin him.
"Och, sae yon’s whit ye're ettlin for? Weel, I canna help ye there. I anely ken a wee bittie. Ye’re heid bummer o some smugglin ploy, I jalouse. That's as muckle as I ken. An ma 'boyfriend,' as you cry him, he certie isna my boyfriend, we’re nae but chaunce acquantaunces. He kens less o you than I dae. He jus tagged alang yestreen howpin tae git in ma knickers – fat chaunce he has!"

Ane Knycht Aventurer* [Scottish for A Knight Errant]
Although it was only a two-hour drive to the cove, it seemed to take forever. When Alex was tempted to speed, he reminded himself that he was Jessie's only hope if she was still alive (he was too experienced in psychopathic criminal behavior to dismiss the other possibility). So being arrested or having a crash was not an acceptable risk.
He looked at the dash clock when he reached the place where they had parked the day before. Two-Thirty. Graeme had held Jessie for anywhere from six to twelve hours.

*Ane Knycht Aventurer -
“O young Lochinvar is come out of the west,

Through all the wide Border his steed was the best;
And save his good broadsword he weapons had none,
He rode all unarm’d, and he rode all alone.
So faithful in love, and so dauntless in war,

There never was knight like the young Lochinvar.” - Sir Walter Scott

Fo Bhruid 5
“You are a fetching girl, Jessie, but a poor liar. I found this in your notebook last night,” he held up a piece of paper.
“Title: 'Graeme.' Well, I must say I'm flattered."

Och, noo. He’s foond ma notes of Alec’s channeling! Thought Jessie.
Graeme began reading the notes out loud, "He's in it for love and money. He got started to satisfy his desires but learned that he could make money, a lot of money, by selling the girls on to 'collectors.' Very true, dear girl. But how would you come to know that, I wonder? You seem to know a lot about what I do.”
“Jus a lucky guess or twa, I think." Her whole story of knowing little was collapsing rapidly.
Graeme continued, using Jessie's own words to taunt her, “Partnered up with an international ring, maybe Russian or Ukrainian, to smuggle the girls out of Britain and on to their eventual buyers. Some will be special orders, while others are just vulnerable, pretty, young girls who can be auctioned off to the highest bidder.”
“Weel, some usual things and surmises.” Jessie was sweating now.
“Ukrainian? How would Ukrainian be usual?” Graeme’s voice took on an angered tone. “And you know how I mix orders with ‘spec’ girls? You have an extensive knowledge of how my business works for a simple country girl doing academic research and consulting.”
“A like reading aboot crime and mysteries.” Jessie tried desperately to maintain her claims of ignorance.
“Are you telling the truth, or still lying?” Graeme asked, leaning closer to her face.
“Anely the truth – I swear it! Please, I willna tell anyone!“
“The truth? And yet, there were no crime or mystery books in your place or on your browser favorites. I think you are lying to me. Although I can guarantee that you are correct when you say you will tell no one.”
Jessie's eyes snapped wide open. He'd been on her computer!
“Yes, Jessie, I know much about you, including your interest in CruxTalk, along with your friend Sorcha.”
God! He's seen her posts the chat room and knew she was Sorcha's friend. Jessie was now terrified.
“But let’s read on and see what you know about me.” Graeme was speaking again in his soft, gentle voice. "Uses an isolated beach or deserted harbor where the girls could be loaded on ships to take into slavery...Sorcha and maybe a half dozen other girls...He needs a building with room size for cages to keep the girls until the next shipment goes out.”
He looked at her with an expression of infinite sadness. “It reads like you’ve toured my operation.”
“It was jus a game o tryin to guess what you were up tae.”
“Please, Jessie, you don’t lie very well. We are going to need to be honest with each other if we are to avoid you getting hurt here.” As his words became threatening, his voice became even kinder. The disconnect sent a cold shiver running down her spine at his words. This man was incredibly evil, she thought!
Graeme looked back to the notes and read more. “He’s smart, very smart. He is methodical, plans everything out in great detail.” He smiled at Jessie, “Thank you for that, though that should tell you not to try to fool me.”
“He regards himself as a ladies’ man and an exceptional lover. Well, naturally. Though I do wonder how you could know?” Jessie said nothing. She now realized that anything she said might make matters worse.
“But then, I read on, and I was most put out," said the man, still in the gentlest voice, but with a comically disapproving expression on his piggish face. "In reality, he is average or below. He's vulnerable to having his attractiveness and manhood questioned. 'He's ugsome, an he's anely got a wee pintle?'" Lord! Why did I write that? Jessie thought.
“Now Jessie, that was not nice at all.” For the first time, malice slipped into Graeme’s calm, soft voice. Jessie shivered on hearing it.

Ane Knycht Aventurer 2
Using the map Annie had supplied, Alex cautiously sought out the Gordon estate. It wouldn't do to run into Graeme in his drive and alert him. At last, he came to the indicated spot, and his heart sank. There was the mansion house, alright, just as described. No doubt, he had the right place. But there was no cover in front. There was not a tree or a bush or a shrub in sight. And, in contrast to the places he'd seen in Galloway, the grass was even cropped short.

View attachment 961820

Fo Bhruid 6
“No matter. I shall be able to get the truth out of you shortly. In the meantime, I'll remove the skimpy wrapping from my new pretty present.” He reached down and, with one strong jerk, ripped her shorts off.
“You are a nice trim package, Miss McTaggert," he said, running his hand up the inside of her thigh and then over of the untrimmed mound and up onto the flat, quivering belly. "All that hiking seems to keep you in fine shape." He used both hands to mold her small, firm breasts. "And these are just my kind – tight and solid. I don't care for those cow-udders on some girls." He tweaked her nipples, which responded with the beginning of erections. "Very nice package, indeed, Jessie. I shall have to take full advantage of it before you ship out."
Jessie gave a little sob at being manhandled like this and the intimation of rape.
"However, I have more urgent matters that require my attention. Are you going to tell me the man's name and how to find him? Or shall you force me to treat you less hospitably?"
"I telt ye, he disna ken onythin. It would be wrang fer me to tell ye his name."
"Wrong? We seem to be on elevated moral ground here. I'm sorry, Jessie, but I shall need to drag you down in the mud." He reached under where she lay and pulled a lever over. Jessie felt her body move slightly. Graeme pressed down on her left leg and the whole surface tilted toward her feet. After bringing her nearly upright, he reversed the lever to secure her body in the position. Upright, Jessie was aware of how she was placed. She was bound to an X-cross frame in a stone-vaulted basement room. With Graeme's references to Gordon relatives, she wondered if it was the old Gordon mansion.
That house was only a couple of miles from the cove he used for smuggling. Indeed, Galloway's prosperity in the old days was primarily built by such as the Gordons on smuggled goods - brandy, rum, tea, and sugar - and of course, the slave trade. The Gordons built their fortune, and their house, on traffic in humans. The Gordon House had a dark history.
Jessie wondered if Graeme was adding a new chapter to that history. It might be valuable to know if he worked out of the Gordon mansion. But it wasn't very helpful while she was tied up and at his mercy.

Ane Knycht Aventurer 3
There was no possible way to sneak up on the place in daylight, at least from where he sat. And walking up to the front door and knocking would probably be a disaster. Alex was sure Graeme had seen them at the cove and would recognize Alex.
The ground behind the house appeared to drop off toward the Bay and might provide cover. That was a chance. However, to get there would require a long, time-consuming, out-of-the-way hike over ground that he didn't know. After thinking a few minutes, Alex knew that was his only hope. He drove a mile up the road and left the car in a nondescript spot behind a tumbling-down barn. He got out and checked the revolver. It was, as Morag had promised, in excellent condition. He grabbed the flashlight she had provided (she called it a 'torch') and headed down on an oblique line, bisecting the way to the cove and the house, looking for some cover.

Even moving slowly, he could hear his heart a-pounding.
Assuming that Graeme isn't quite as skilled an exponent of native Gaelic/Scots as Jessie then quite honestly I don't see how he can ever know that she has told him what he actually wants to know! This o0f course puts our heroine in quite a tight spot ... and we leave her now exposed on an X Frame ... wonderful stuff!

How this was written - continued.

Here is a discussion, created 6/25/20, that I wrote to clarify my thoughts and which was shared with my collaborator..

Discussing plot

A key part of my idea for the plot is that we are dealing with an incredibly evil criminal mastermind (tentative Nomme de Guerre: Graeme). He has developed a specialty of kidnapping young women and having his way with them in several perverted ways (but leaving no marks – preserve the value). Then, he delivers them (via smugglers’ coves) to the clutches of a Russian syndicate. They, in turn, transport the girls to places, mostly the middle east and southeast Asia, where they are sold as sex and whatever slaves to incredibly wealthy persons (mostly men, but several women).

He had been doing this for five years and is now quite wealthy. He has never been caught, nor have the authorities ever been close (at least until our dynamic duo comes on the scene) How does he get away with it? That is key!

The other way to put the question is how does such a criminal get caught?

1. The bodies are found – here there are no bodies, the women are at the other end f the world, and the buyers promise to retain, them, dispose of them or return to the syndicate (for disposal at sea from the ships returning for more cargo.
  2. His lair is found out – that was a concern at first, but he is meticulous and covered his tracks well. Now, with his money, he moves into an area, purchases a property, and has his own crew customize the basement. After he is finished in that place, he has a sanitizing team through to clear any forensics. Then he sells the property through a very exclusive agency catering to those who want a house with a fully equipped basement. (You’d be surprised at the demand). After a month or so, new bodily fluids would mask any remaining traces.
  3. The police search him out while he still has the girls, alerted by missing persons – he ensures that the girls are not missed for at least two and more like five weeks, giving him time to get out before the searches start. He uses assumed names and only works relatively small, low crime areas to assure slow police response and low likelihood of communication with other jurisdictions.
#3 is the key! How does he make them disappear without the authorities being alerted?

We are moving rapidly toward our conclusion. It may not be what you are all hoping for.

[Episode 29]

Fo Bhruid 7
“Please,” Jessie asked, “canna we talk aboot this? The ootlander kens naething o this. Ye dinna need to ken aboot him.” She desperately tried playing for time. Maybe Alex could figure out where she was. He seemed able to puzzle out anything. Her only hope now was that strange man from Wisconsin and his seemingly magical powers of deduction. “Can ye an I no get better acquent?” Jessie said, with a flirtatious lilt to her voice.
“Jessie," said Graeme, with sadness in his voice. "I understand you will try anything. But that attempt is much too transparent. The only thing you will become better acquainted with is my whip collection." With that, he wound his arm back and drove forward a light cat-o-nine-tails to her hips.

The unexpected blow took the girl’s breath away as seven red welts quickly appeared on her hipbones and mound, coming perilously close to her gash.
Jessie refused to cry out, but that did hurt like the ill fire, so it did, she thought. OK, lassie, she thought. Ye claim tae enjoy a skelpin wi the whip-whang. See if ye can yeese that tae endure the rael thing.
Graeme smiled at the marks of his first slash. He hadn’t lost his aim. “Any answer?” he asked.
Getting no response, he rapidly delivered two more – one to her soft tummy and another across the top slopes of her firm breasts. It appeared he would have his work cut out getting her to talk. But very enjoyable and rewarding work it would be.
Those two strokes hurt even more, but Jessie did manage to channel some of the pain into sexual stimulation. Shite, she thought, he dings a lot harder nor X did! Gin I cud jist play wi my clit the noo!

Ane Knycht Aventurer 4
The first half-mile went without incident. There was no cover, but Alex was well out of sight of the house. He noticed that the ground to his left, toward the Bay, was dropping off, and a small natural embankment seemed to increase as he moved forward. As he continued, a few wild bushes appeared and even some dwarf trees. Then, far ahead, he caught his first glimpse of the top tower of the house. Alex ducked instinctively, though he soon realized he was too far to be spotted. Thank goodness for L.L. Bean's camouflage vest and cap. “You made fun of them, Jessie,” he thought. “But they might save you, the noo.” Damn! Speaking Scots again!
Now Maxwell advanced slower and at an even higher alert. He noticed, gratefully, that there were more and more bushes and even some trees taller than him. The drop-off on his left had also increased. It was now a gentle slope falling about six feet. The line of the barrier seemed headed right to the back of the house.

Revolver in the left hand, Maxwell crouched down as he walked forward to make a smaller silhouette for observation. He could now see the second floor's windows (the British call it the First floor after the Ground floor, Jessie had told him – the thought of her sweet voice made his heart ache). Just as he was coming into possible view from the house, the bushes and small trees ended! Ahead, Alex spotted trees. There was a large grove at the back of the house on the bay side. It would provide excellent cover once he got there. But he'd be in the open from here to there! There was no choice. He slithered down the slope to the lower level beneath the embankment. He'd resisted this for fear it might become too steep to return. However, it was now his only chance to approach unseen.

Fo Bhruid 8
Graeme took his time. Not that he wasn't anxious for an answer. He was very much so. But he had learned from long experience that starting at the height of pain could go only two ways. The victim might cry out the information at once and beg for mercy. Or, more likely, be so overwhelmed with the pain that she wouldn't respond at all. Then, with no significant higher pain to employ, it would be difficult to break her.

After another twenty minutes, Graeme took a break to admire his work. Jessie’s delectable body was covered with sweat and red whip marks, her breasts, belly, and thighs glowing with pain. Despite the many painful welts, not a drop of blood appeared. Graeme took pride in his craftsmanship with a whip. He enjoyed slowly torturing this sexy girl.
Graeme took a cup of tea and some biscuits out onto the side patio and thought about the situation. He wanted to get the information from Jessie. He also wanted to be careful. He was determined to avoid permanent marks if at all possible. Dimitri had advised him of a buyer who wanted a girl just like Jessie. He had hesitated to take another girl so close in time and place to Sorcha. Too great a possibility of arousing suspicion locally. But his hand had been forced by the discovery of his cove. Now, once she’d told him how to find her boyfriend (he discounted her denial – they bantered like an old married couple – he knew there was something between them), he could grab him and find out what he knew. Then he’d leave the area for a while to let things cool down.
Graeme figured, once at sea, he could drop the boyfriend overboard with heavy weights. He could ship Jessie off with the others. The client, who paid princely sums for the girls he wanted, asked for a girl with wavy brunette hair and small breasts to punish. And a girl who was independent – who would fight back. Jessie would be perfect!
Graeme left the dishes and returned to the torture chamber. Perhaps the electric prod with loosen Jessie’s tongue.

Ane Knycht Aventurer 5
Once on the lower level, Alex found he could make better time. The house toward his right was blocked entirely. Moving swiftly, he noted with concern that the bank was rising still higher and more steeply. Soon he despaired of this route. The bank was a good ten feet tall and too steep to walk up. It was loose, gritty, rocky soil - almost impossible to climb. And even if he could, he’d make a lot of noise with sliding rocks.
However, going back offered no acceptable option, so he pressed on regardless. And then he saw it! Fifty yards ahead, stone steps up the slope about where he judged the house to be!
depositphotos_62451487-stock-photo-outdoor-stone-steps-with-green.jpg
Carefully Alex approached the steps, listening intently for any sound. The silence was complete. Once at the steps, he stopped and assessed the situation. His long training in detective and police work told him care in planning was far better than rushing in. He looked at his watch – three-thirty. The day was overcast, but any real cover of darkness was many hours away. He’d have to try it now – or never!

Last edited:
We are moving rapidly toward our conclusion. It may not be what you are all hoping for.

[Episode 29]

Fo Bhruid 7
“Please,” Jessie asked, “canna we talk aboot this? The ootlander kens naething o this. Ye dinna need to ken aboot him.” She desperately tried playing for time. Maybe Alex could figure out where she was. He seemed able to puzzle out anything. Her only hope now was that strange man from Wisconsin and his seemingly magical powers of deduction. “Can ye an I no get better acquent?” Jessie said, with a flirtatious lilt to her voice.
“Jessie," said Graeme, with sadness in his voice. "I understand you will try anything. But that attempt is much too transparent. The only thing you will become better acquainted with is my whip collection." With that, he wound his arm back and drove forward a light cat-o-nine-tails to her hips.

The unexpected blow took the girl’s breath away as seven red welts quickly appeared on her hipbones and mound, coming perilously close to her gash.
Jessie refused to cry out, but that did hurt like the ill fire, so it did, she thought. OK, lassie, she thought. Ye claim tae enjoy a skelpin wi the whip-whang. See if ye can yeese that tae endure the rael thing.
Graeme smiled at the marks of his first slash. He hadn’t lost his aim. “Any answer?” he asked.
Getting no response, he rapidly delivered two more – one to her soft tummy and another across the top slopes of her firm breasts. It appeared he would have his work cut out getting her to talk. But very enjoyable and rewarding work it would be.
Those two strokes hurt even more, but Jessie did manage to channel some of the pain into sexual stimulation. Shite, she thought, he dings a lot harder nor X did! Gin I cud jist play wi my clit the noo!

Ane Knycht Aventurer 4
The first half-mile went without incident. There was no cover, but Alex was well out of sight of the house. He noticed that the ground to his left, toward the Bay, was dropping off, and a small natural embankment seemed to increase as he moved forward. As he continued, a few wild bushes appeared and even some dwarf trees. Then, far ahead, he caught his first glimpse of the top tower of the house. Alex ducked instinctively, though he soon realized he was too far to be spotted. Thank goodness for L.L. Bean's camouflage vest and cap. “You made fun of them, Jessie,” he thought. “But they might save you, the noo.” Damn! Speaking Scots again!
Now Maxwell advanced slower and at an even higher alert. He noticed, gratefully, that there were more and more bushes and even some trees taller than him. The drop-off on his left had also increased. It was now a gentle slope falling about six feet. The line of the barrier seemed headed right to the back of the house.

Revolver in the left hand, Maxwell crouched down as he walked forward to make a smaller silhouette for observation. He could now see the second floor's windows (the British call it the First floor after the Ground floor, Jessie had told him – the thought of her sweet voice made his heart ache). Just as he was coming into possible view from the house, the bushes and small trees ended! Ahead, Alex spotted trees. There was a large grove at the back of the house on the bay side. It would provide excellent cover once he got there. But he'd be in the open from here to there! There was no choice. He slithered down the slope to the lower level beneath the embankment. He'd resisted this for fear it might become too steep to return. However, it was now his only chance to approach unseen.

Fo Bhruid 8
Graeme took his time. Not that he wasn't anxious for an answer. He was very much so. But he had learned from long experience that starting at the height of pain could go only two ways. The victim might cry out the information at once and beg for mercy. Or, more likely, be so overwhelmed with the pain that she wouldn't respond at all. Then, with no significant higher pain to employ, it would be difficult to break her.

After another twenty minutes, Graeme took a break to admire his work. Jessie’s delectable body was covered with sweat and red whip marks, her breasts, belly, and thighs glowing with pain. Despite the many painful welts, not a drop of blood appeared. Graeme took pride in his craftsmanship with a whip. He enjoyed slowly torturing this sexy girl.
Graeme took a cup of tea and some biscuits out onto the side patio and thought about the situation. He wanted to get the information from Jessie. He also wanted to be careful. He was determined to avoid permanent marks if at all possible. Dimitri had advised him of a buyer who wanted a girl just like Jessie. He had hesitated to take another girl so close in time and place to Sorcha. Too great a possibility of arousing suspicion locally. But his hand had been forced by the discovery of his cove. Now, once she’d told him how to find her boyfriend (he discounted her denial – they bantered like an old married couple – he knew there was something between them), he could grab him and find out what he knew. Then he’d leave the area for a while to let things cool down.
Graeme figured, once at sea, he could drop the boyfriend overboard with heavy weights. He could ship Jessie off with the others. The client, who paid princely sums for the girls he wanted, asked for a girl with wavy brunette hair and small breasts to punish. And a girl who was independent – who would fight back. Jessie would be perfect!
Graeme left the dishes and returned to the torture chamber. Perhaps the electric prod with loosen Jessie’s tongue.

Ane Knycht Aventurer 5
Once on the lower level, Alex found he could make better time. The house toward his right was blocked entirely. Moving swiftly, he noted with concern that the bank was rising still higher and more steeply. Soon he despaired of this route. The bank was a good ten feet tall and too steep to walk up. It was loose, gritty, rocky soil - almost impossible to climb. And even if he could, he’d make a lot of noise with sliding rocks.
However, going back offered no acceptable option, so he pressed on regardless. And then he saw it! Fifty yards ahead, stone steps up the slope about where he judged the house to be!
View attachment 962116
Carefully Alex approached the steps, listening intently for any sound. The silence was complete. Once at the steps, he stopped and assessed the situation. His long training in detective and police work told him care in planning was far better than rushing in. He looked at his watch – three-thirty. The day was overcast, but any real cover of darkness was many hours away. He’d have to try it now – or never!
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

[Episode 29]

Fo Bhruid 7

Ane Knycht Aventurer 4

Fo Bhruid 8

Ane Knycht Aventurer 5
View attachment 962116
The climax approaches? The thought of a heinous serial killer taking tea and biscuits out onto the side patio to reflect a little is a classic scene!

Back
Top Bottom