Alice Kiss - Crux Legend

Go to CruxDreams.com
Tales From The Hanging Tree - 5 'The Re-education Of Eva Inanna'

Whilst Alice appears in the illustrations to a number of stories on CruxForums, in most cases these are used to portray a character in the story rather than Alice herself. However, she does feature in the short story entitled, The Crux Forum Suicide Circle by Cycle, posted on 5 June 2016 -

'As I stood, I saw the next victim had arrived at the computer table. It was one of the Crux Dreams models, one I thought I recognised. As the guard announced her name, I felt my blood run cold. It was my favorite model, Alice and her chances of being the unlucky member of the Circle were better than mine.'

Cycle refers to Alice in a number of his threads, although this is the only fictional work in which she is positively identified as a character in the narrative, and there are no illustrations. She is almost certainly the inspiration for another Cycle story, Alice & My Crucifixion - Part 1 (19 April 2015) although the only illustration for this is Madiosi's cover, which shows other Cruxdreams models on the crosses, and does not include Alice -

Alice and my Crucifixion - Cycle.jpg Alice and my Crucifixion-madiosi-2015-151.jpg

Alice's latest appearance in a Tree story is a cameo role in The Re-education Of Eva Inanna. This is the first occasion I am aware of in which she appears, identified by name and illustrated in a story. During a prolonged mass execution of witches on the gallows at Little Brampton, the narrative records -

'The last two to be hanged before the noon Angelus watch as another next to them is hanged. Great Scot, is that Alice noosed and up next?' -

THT Eva Inanna bra 68.jpg

Tree's manipulation uses a portrait from the Femjoy series, 'Synchro', published on 17 January 2008. This is the first of two Femjoy series which feature Alice (as 'Ondine') and Yana together. The second series with both of these models is entitled, 'In Action'. Although both series were probably photographed on the same day, the second was not published until much later, on 3 April 2010. I am unable to find any photographer credits for either of these shoots.

Alice&Messa4.jpg Synchro 012.jpg

Alice Kiss Publications Chronology

In view of the large number of photo shoots published by different studios, under different model names, I shall attempt a chronology in order of publication, to assist in searching for and identifying Alice's modelling work. The order of publication does not reflect the chronological order of the shoots by any means. For example, the eight photo series and video by Valery Anzilov were filmed sequentially, probably over a couple of days, in May 2007, whereas their publication dates run sporadically from 4 June 2007 to 14 July 2008.

Alice's modelling career appears to have spanned little more than a year, and probably no more than eighteen months, starting in early 2007. Twenty one of her photo series were published that year, plus the Cruxdreams 'Crux Forrest' video. From 2008 onwards, the number of publications decreases annually until the end of 2012.

2013 was the first year in which no new series featuring Alice was released. If this was a disappointment to her fans, Erotic Beauty helped to make amends with the late publication of Vadim Rigin's 'Red Velvet', split into three series and published at six-day intervals during April 2014. Another surprise in November 2014, was MPL's 'Drops of Rain', which presented old material derived from the same Alexander Lobanov wet shoot originally published six years earlier as 'Drizzle' by Justteensite.

Alice's swan song came in 2015 with a sixteen-picture finale to Rylsky's wet shoot, 'Angel of Love' (the original series of 99 pictures had been published under the same title in 2012.) Rylsky also published the very last pictures of Alice's modelling career in a 2015 compilation entitled, 'Backstage Vol 15'. This is a frank 'behind the scenes' series, featuring various models in pictures which were probably never intended for publication originally. Gratefully received by the fans, it prompts a degree of speculation concerning what else may yet remain unpublished.

A couple of extra pics, which I found recently, from Alice's first shoot, 'On the Edge' by Alexander Lobanov for MPL Studios. The chronology follows in another post (when I have worked out how to post tabulated information!)

On the Edge lara mpl 1.jpg On the Edge lara mpl 2.jpg

Last edited:
The Publications Chronology

The chronology lists 50 publications, including two videos. In some cases a single shooting session yielded more than one photo series, so the actual number of sessions was smaller - approximately 40 in total. Whilst these were predominently studio shoots, there are fourteen outdoor series and I have provided brief notes, e.g. where the Crimean locations are identifiable (Mount Ay Petri, Mount Koshka, Swan's Rock, Simeiz etc.)

The publications situation is complicated by the fact that seven of the Met Models series have also been released as duplicate series by Erotic Beauty ('Wonderer', 'Amber', 'Phantom', 'Crush', 'Domain', 'Kiss' and 'Sway') and there are two distinct publication dates for Rigin's 'Break'. To avoid confusion, I have left the duplicates out of the chronology.

Due to problems posting tabulated information in the thread, I am presenting the information as a PDF plus images.
As always, I will be grateful for further information, or to learn of any errors or omissions.

Alice's defining moment - the 'Crux Forrest', 20 June 2007.

img_7666.jpg Alice Publications Chronology page 1.PNG Alice Publications Chronology page 2.PNG

Attachments

• Alice Publications Chronology.pdf
    246.1 KB · Views: 92
There are relatively few pictures of Alice on DeviantArt, and the best known ones are in Makar's gallery. The few which appear in other galleries tend to be manipulations, and she is rarely credited in the titles. An exception to the rule, therefore, is 'Akt - Alice Kiss' by kruemel-sangerhausen, also known as Jens Warnke.
https://kruemel-sangerhausen.deviantart.com/art/Akt-Alice-Kiss-154024442

Warnke is a German photographer of landscapes, buildings and portraits, albeit he has not been active on DeviantArt in the last couple of years. His work also includes a considerable number of creative images and film star portraits to which he has applied Photoshop treatments. His picture of Alice falls into this category, since it is derived from a Rylsky portrait from Metart's 'Tiempo' series, and was modified using Photoshop CS4 + Filter.

'Tiempo' was published on 17 November 2008, presenting the model in the name, Alice Kiss, and all the images in the series are instantly identifiable by the bright yellow studio wall. This rather lurid background provides a Pop Art flavour, but is so dominant that the model almost assumes a subsidiary role in every picture throughout the series. It hardly complements the delicate flesh tones of the nude figure, although that is just my personal opinion. Alice's posing remains appealing nevertheless.

Warnke submitted 'Akt - Alice Kiss' to his gallery on 13 February 2010, where it remained uncommented until I discovered it last night. I detect a subtle double meaning in the title. If 'Akt' is German for an act or gesture, it is also an abbreviation for, 'Alice Kiss Tiempo'.

Essentially, the original colour portrait has been reduced to a washed out monochrome, evocative of a soft pencil drawing. This result overcomes the deficiencies of the original background. The image fades out around the edges and the overall effect is rather pleasing. Alice's distinctive shallow upper lip and prominent chin make her instantly recognisable. Whilst there is no contrived attempt to portray a beauty queen, the subtle hint of her cleft chin has been all but erased. Her eyes engage us directly and the challenging gesture has a frank honesty. I like it and accordingly I have complimented Warnke on his attractive interpretation.

kruemel_sangerhausen akt___alice_kiss_by_kruemel_sangerhausen.png kruemel_sangerhausen akt___alice_kiss_cf GS.jpg kruemel_sangerhausen akt___alice_kiss_cf PS.jpg kz MET-ART_ry_146_0056 tiempo.jpg

'Eulalia - The Thief of Medesham'

Having appeared previously as Eulalia, in the role of Lulie MacAlister for 'Lassie-Hunting in the Northern Forest', it seemed appropriate to cast Alice again as the model for Eulalia - The Thief Of Medesham in the story by ronniebegood. Ronnie's story begins with the shout of, 'Thief! Thief! Stop her! Thief!' and pulls the reader straight into the action right from the start. I was impressed by this dynamic entry to the narrative, and visualised the scene which was ultimately realised in the illustration.

After completing the picture, I was delighted to learn from Ronnie that his own visualisation in writing the initial lines had been very close to mine, so effectively had his first paragraph set the scene. We encounter Eulalia (as Aelf) running through the market from which she has just removed the means to feed herself, and I wanted to depict her getaway with the urgency implied in the text. I wanted the viewer to encounter her just as suddenly in the picture as the reader does in the story.

Such a dynamic photo manipulation required a market scene background with a layout and depth suitable for Eul to run out of, and headlong into the viewer. A search of free images yielded 'Alley Market' by Fernando Acosta, a Colombian concept and storyboard artist, now working in Canada. His background was designed for the Ubisoft video game, 'Assassin's Creed: Syndicate'.

etm1 ACS_Alley_Market_-_Concept_Art.jpg

This remarkable digital painting provided exactly the scene layout I needed, except that the 'Syndicate' game is set in London in 1868, and the costumes reflect the period. I altered the Victorian clothing in Photoshop, mostly by repainting top hats and bowlers into caps and hoods suggestive of the Medieval period. But this turned out to be unnecessary once the radial motion blur effect was applied since the background characters became distorted out of recognition.

Turning to the model, my requirements included a running figure in a head-on frontal view, plus windswept hair to suggest the speed of her movement. Alice would have to provide an alert, open-mouthed expression, suitable for this energetic, running pose. Alexey Bessarab's series, 'Emerald World', for Amour Angels, contains a curious mix of Alice images, some of which are extremely attractive, some rather mediocre, and others which appear to be less-than-successful experiments with filtered sunlight.

etm2 AmourAngels-EmeraldWorld-det200PS1.jpg etm3 133469262.jpg

Amongst the 'mediocre' ones, I found what appears to be a slightly unflattering, off-guard moment, in which Alice stares wide-eyed with an open-mouthed expression, and I decided that this slightly breathless image would be just about right. Getty Images provided the hair and I spent some time cutting out the individual strands of this suitably untidy mess!

etm4 mpr1.jpg etm5 mpr2.jpg etm6 mpr3.jpg etm7 mpr4.jpg

I cut and assembled the components in Photoshop, blending and balancing tones and colours, but because I did not have a picture of a figure running in a suitable shift and cloak, I had to create the clothing by freehand digital painting. This was done in Windows Paint before pasting into Photoshop in separate layers for the shift, cloak and boots. Ultimately there are about a dozen visible layers in the Photoshop file.

etm8 GS50pc.jpg etm9 sepia-7-15-50pc.jpg etm10 col50pc.jpg

I am very happy that the picture has been well-received, and the positive feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
'Eulalia - The Thief of Medesham'
I am very happy that the picture has been well-received, and the positive feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Bob, the thanks really is on my side. I'm pleased the entry to the story caught your imagination and inspired you. The picture itself, as I told you, really did send shivers down my spine when I first saw it - and still does. It's very interesting to see your workflow, because it helps me understand my reaction to it. What started as, you say, a mediocre shot, was brought to life by the addition and blending in of that flying hair. Also, I think, because she is looking at us straight in the eye, you've matched the dynamic that you say inspired you. I can see defiance in those eyes, but she's watching too because, any minute she will feint left, duck right and slip right under the hands that should easily capture her.

I'm very grateful that you took the time and trouble to paint the shift and cloak, rather than use something that was sort of ok, but not quite right. The shift riding up her thigh, the cloak flying out behind, all reinforces the dynamic. The background, well, as you say it's the wrong era, but with the right atmosphere. I don't think your efforts repainting the traders was wasted and, when I first saw it, I took the wall and windows as a church. The motion blur, of course, focuses our attention on 'Aelf' anyway, which is exactly where it should be. I have to admit I'm a bit anal about period details in this story because I took a lot of trouble myself to make the setting 9th century, rather than 10th or 11th, which people are more familiar with, but, just between you and me, I would overlook almost anything for that cat!

I hope a bit more detailed feedback is helpful and confirms my appreciation of all your work on the picture.

I have to admit I'm a bit anal about period details in this story because I took a lot of trouble myself to make the setting 9th century, rather than 10th or 11th, which people are more familiar with, but, just between you and me, I would overlook almost anything for that cat!

I hope a bit more detailed feedback is helpful and confirms my appreciation of all your work on the picture.
Thanks very much for your appreciative comments, Ronnie. I think many artists will agree that photo manipulation often involves compromise as well as luck in finding and combining elements which work together. Acosta's cat is a great detail which brings his picture to life and helps to emphasise the low angle of view and the foreground location for an inserted figure. Your story is progressing well and makes for a stimulating reading experience.

It's a wonderful image - I feel honoured by the trouble Ronnie took with the story,
and Bob with the picture. Of course it's an 'idealised' me, but it makes me feel good,
just looking at the way you've imagined me - thanks to you both!

flower2flower2

'Kiss' - The Special Encore 1

During 2007, Alice's photo series were being published, on average, at the rate of one every two or three weeks. Throughout 2008 and up to May 2009, a new Alice photo series was still being released at intervals of one or two months, although by 2009 she had ceased making herself available to the studios, and had effectively retired from modelling. After May 2009, came the first substantial period of waiting. It would be seven months before the next series appeared, and whilst this was not themed as a Christmas special, it was nevertheless presented as a special edition.

a1 9.jpg a2 1.jpg a3.jpg a4.jpg a5.jpg a6.jpg a7 13.jpg a8 14.jpg a9 8.jpg a10 7.jpg

'Kiss' - The Special Encore 2

Arguably a measure of Alice's success as a model is the fact that four of her photo series were named for her - Metart's 'Presenting Alice', Rigin's 'Olga', Alexey Bessarab's 'Alis Set 1' for Domai (there was never a 'Set 2') and one of her Rylsky studio sets, 'Kiss', published by Met Models on Monday 28 December 2009. Whilst this studio had previously presented her in three different names, on this occasion, 'Alice Kiss' was a sine qua non. She had already appeared in thirty three photo series, and it was reasonable to assume that even after an absence of seven months, she would be recognised on the cover and associated with the title.

d1 329481_orig.jpg d2 s_C49ADD218E4E1DA6BA6A46E6783112B6 250.jpg d3 s_0E2E44405DA1FEC54C61F3A05A7463C4 250.jpg d4 s_3C067A5281A47033806F77C78691F4BC 250.jpg d5 s_6C1777DAA884EF881E73EE4F34260025 250.jpg d6 s_BD1E274CDBE05063A105BE29A3580C9D 250.jpg d7 196955_orig.jpg d8 s_0204B9033E70D9D3DA263F6822025292 250.jpg d9 1326101874 50pc.jpg

Last edited:
'Kiss' - The Special Encore 3

The 'Kiss' cover shows the upended title in block, sans serif capitals, filling the left background, whilst the model name appears in cursive script, also upended, on the right. An additional diagonal band across the top right corner announces that this collection is a 'Special Encore', acknowledging the return of a popular model in a new release of 91 pictures, for which the fans had to wait seven months. Alice's most recent previous publications had been Rylsky's Metart duo set, 'Setan', which she shared with Freya A, released on 14 May 2009, and Rigin's 'Mirror' on 13 May 2009. The publication of two photo series in two days, a full year after her presumed retirement from modelling, certainly indicates a conscious celebration of Alice's 21st birthday by the two studio photographers who worked most extensively with her.

b1 cover metmodels 12-28.jpg b2 12.jpg b3 cover_9528FE09E580CABC1DD8C060748DE157.jpg b4 11.jpg b5 s_F6718065986C1D00A7071C5F273FAB43 250.jpg b6 comeandlive1 50pc.jpg b7 15.jpg b8 2.jpg b9 16.jpg b10 s_7552AFC0F401A3D8B967BDF15F686D72 250.jpg

'Kiss' - The Special Encore 4

Originally released by Met Models, 'Kiss' is one of a number of Alice's photo series which were duplicated by Erotic Beauty. Consequently pictures from the series can be found with the markings of either studio. The poses bear comparison with her very first shoot, 'On the Edge' for MPL Studios, especially in terms of the tied back hair and restrained facial expressions. Despite the lack of a joyful face for a Christmas release, the series has a beauty and elegance consistent with the ideal of the artistic nude.

p1 9.jpg p2 1.jpg p3 10.jpg p4 12.jpg p5 3.jpg

p6 4.jpg p7 5.jpg p8 6.jpg p9 13.jpg p10 14.jpg

although by 2009 she had ceased making herself available to the studios,
I hope the retirement was voluntary, and not due to anything unhappy. I think it was mentioned that she was a university student while she was modelling. Does that sound right? Perhaps she decided modelling, especially for the "Gentlemen's Relish" trade, was not a good fit with her next career move.

But what poise she had, as well as a wonderful physical presence.:very_hot: (That's a cultured way of saying she has a really lovely bottom, among other things.) :oops::rolleyes::devil:

'Kiss' - The Special Encore 5

'Kiss' was produced with minimal input from the makeup department. Alice wears a necklace of pink beads and the props include a lilac veil and an upholstered stool. As usual, her tattoos have been removed from the occasional rear views, but what makes this series unusual is the inconsistency concerning the turquiose jewel in her navel piercing. Most of the pictures show it removed, although it is present in half a dozen of them. The background colours are muted and Alice radiates confidence and natural beauty. Rylsky has excelled himself by using soft focus and lighting. The resulting visual appeal of this session is a testimony to the close working relationship between model and photographer.

c1 3 10.jpg c1 s_43E6E65C3C0812CF98AD37CF76BDADAD 250.jpg c2 s_D4A44C51FA5697BF59775823DF0B4FD0 250.jpg c3 s_DEF74D21A478ABC0A6BFB0EE640E0AA3 250.jpg c4 s_C47367F7EEF314614B97C66FD14A88D5 250.jpg c5 s_95AB3334E7595D2B6F4538A23DBD993B 250.jpg c6 s_CBDAC3B5119DD11CE9F032132D77559B 250.jpg c7 tumblr_nhxwf2ZWF21ta3vqto1_500.jpg c8 s_40FA8F95B5B658A53D8FB51E3C234D4D 250.jpg c9 s_63D9B13B2285F2985E93EFBECA60C8BE 250.jpg

'Kiss' - The Special Encore 7

The pictures in 'Kiss' were probably two years old by the time they were released as Alice's special encore in December 2009. The series was the first new Alice publication since Metart's 'Setan' duo with Freya A. seven months previously. After 'Kiss', it would be another three months before Alice's next publication - another duo set with Yana in Femjoy's 'In Action'.

q1 8.jpg q2 7.jpg q3 cover_9528FE09E580CABC1DD8C060748DE157.jpg q4 11.jpg

q5 comeandlive1.jpg q6.jpg q7.jpg q8 1326101874.jpg q9 s_8DB857E3381D43388F74D397CDB36571 250.jpg

q10 5 x enlarged EB thumbnails.jpg

I hope the retirement was voluntary, and not due to anything unhappy. I think it was mentioned that she was a university student while she was modelling. Does that sound right? Perhaps she decided modelling, especially for the "Gentlemen's Relish" trade, was not a good fit with her next career move.

But what poise she had, as well as a wonderful physical presence.:very_hot: (That's a cultured way of saying she has a really lovely bottom, among other things.) :oops::rolleyes::devil:
Indeed, Alice's studio profiles indicate that she was an undergraduate, funding her studies by modelling. I am of the opinion that her sessions were all posed in 2007 - 2008, and this would have been a demanding time for her as a rising pornstar with a growing reputation. The glamour industry is tough and there are thousands of young girls competing for shoots. They are not highly paid and have to be tough to survive in that environment. They are a commodity and we are the consumers.

Alice was certainly resilient in her work with the studios. Ultimately, whether the industry was distracted by new models, or she felt burned out, we can only speculate. She certainly never posed in BDSM again after Cruxdreams. I like to think she was seeking better opportunities. The fact that new series featuring Alice were still being released as recently as two years ago suggests that there might yet be more awaiting publication.

I think Alice was a talented model who caught the attention of photographers with her uncontrived natural beauty and her ability to express different moods. Her acting abilities really came out during the demanding 'Crux Forrest' shoot. Hers was a successful albeit short career. But all good things come to an end.

The very last images published from her modelling career appeared on 2 July 2015, although they were taken much earlier, at Moscow's Aqua Studio, during the session for Metart's 'Presenting Alice' in early 2007. Rylsky photographed her between poses, shivering, cold and wet, with a wool shirt draped over her shoulders. There is a painful honesty about these pictures. This is the reality of the glamour industry. For Alice, it was part of the journey she made to get to wherever she wanted to be.

I hope she's much closer to finding that place.

Alice-Rylsky-Backstage-vol-15-13-200.jpg Alice-Rylsky-Backstage-vol-15-1-200.jpg

They are not highly paid and have to be tough to survive in that environment. They are a commodity and we are the consumers.
Well certainly we benefitted from her time doing this sort of modelling. I hope it was not all drudgery. Clearly she looks like she's having fun in some of the shoots.
Rylsky photographed her between poses, shivering, cold and wet, with a wool shirt draped over her shoulders. There is a painful honesty about these pictures. This is the reality of the glamour industry. For Alice, it was part of the journey she made to get to wherever she wanted to be.
I hope she landed well, wherever she is today. She has certainly captured and fired our imaginations for several years now. It is almost 10 years now since those sessions, which suggests she would be in her mid to late 30s now. People do tend to be doing slightly different things at that point than when they were in their 20s.

Back
Top Bottom