Are you for the legalization of crucifixion for felons and other criminals?

Are you for the legalization of crucifixion

• Yes

Votes: 68 60.2%
  • No

Votes: 45 39.8%

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com
I assume the question is regarding real life since illegalising crucifixion wouldn't make sense in a community for those who love fantasising about this particular method of execution.

In that case, no. I highly doubt reintroducing violent punishments like crucifixion would do any good to modern free society.

If brutal punishments could effectively deter crimes, the ancient and medieval world would have been much safer than the world we live in now.

I believe reintroducing such punishments as crucifixion would only normalise violence, making people more accustomed to gore and brutality and prone to resorting to such measures when they think it can be justified.

You can call me squeamish if you like. But I don't want to live in a world in which my neighbour's kids throw stones at crucified criminals for fun.

One of the reasons why I love extreme fantasies is how they can be a way of shoving up ugly things in our world - e.g. sexual/physical violence, racism, misogyny, and so on - into the realm of imagination.

So, I don't want it to go the opposite way, namely implementing those darkest elements in our imagination in the real world.

Instead of legalizing crucifixion of criminals, I support legalizing crucifixion as a form of assisted suicide. With the state removed as the aggressor, society can appreciate the ancient and medieval horror of the long, slow, agonizing death with less normalization of violence.

Some people you would say would deserve to be crucified, like serial killers, most politicians, mafia bosses, terrorists and nagging people... but once you pegalize it you probably end up seeing people getting condemned to the cross that really don't deserve it.

Things develop with the time. Famous is the marathon. Historically a greek soldier Pheidippides runned 246 km and died thereafter, then the lengtth was reduced and the runner no longer died, at least mostly. So also the crucifixion could become something else than a lethal punishment, but most not. How about one could have the tradition, that all males of a society are bound nude on a cross, with cornu naturally, say at eastern and non-lethally, to honour GOD. The criminals (and the females) are excluded from that Joy. Joy because every male likes to show his member to the public, females mostly, but some likes to be seen by males or both.

So no, my criminals are punished by not being crucified.

Hmmm...some should ...I mean the basics of jail time thinking in order to clarify your mind and come back in society transformed is a bull shit. without a proper pshicological help and some very strict and strongly supervised reintegration programs, the crimminal who enters prison will came back as a worse person or as a person who easily chance its life style to a dependend of prison. Prison offers now food, accomodation, no bills , sex and the ~pitty ~ and pakagges from family and friends, so it is easy for someone to transform prison into its way of living. I believe that as a final social measure the ppl who comit a crime again should be put away, so their way of make a profit out of others money and good will should never come to an end. And I think crucifixion would be a proper punishment for its power to expose, humiliate , and make a person really think about his missconduits in society durinf punishment time. maybe not until death but close enough to realise that the way of making crime again and again cannot go forever

I do hope the high number of positive answers on the poll was based on a different understanding of the question than I or fallenmystic have.

As for the OP, if you wish this to be taken seriously, you may wish to a) remove the more comically unfitted offenses from the opening post and b) give some actual argument for the idea rather than just relying on the general pro-crux sentiment around here. (That is, if this sort of thread is allowed at all. I'm not sure.)

In real life, corporal punishment and sexual abuse are violations of human rights and cannot be applied as a legal sanction.
Non-traumatic crucifixion can be a good part of bdsm-culture and used as a "punishment" in games. In this case, the plot of the game may be a crucifixion for some "crime", but there should be no real victims in real life.

In fantasy I would like criminals/felons be crucified for their crimes, especially the women.
Real life crucifixion, no! It is far to cruel a punishment.

Back
Top Bottom