Bondage / Captivity / Interrogation / Torture Scenes in Mainstream Movies

Go to CruxDreams.com
Honourably mentioned: Doomsday (2008)

After a virus outbreak, elite soldier Eden (Rhona Mitra) is sent into the quarantine zone to do some elite stuff. Things get ugly when her team and she are captured by a bunch of outlaw cannibal punks.

View attachment 1410370View attachment 1410371View attachment 1410372View attachment 1410373View attachment 1410374

Doomsday is basically 28 Days Later, Resident Evil, Escape from New York and Mad Max all mixed together, with a little bit of Aliens on the side (APC scene).
Just a link for those who want moving images without watching the whole movie (looks psychotically influenced)

Interesting and visually arresting final scene in the Polish movie "The Peasants" (2023) (Polish: "Chłopi"). This is a movie set in a Polish village in the 19th century, and its visual style is based on animation rendering live action footage into oil paintings and then animating those paintings -- see Wikipedia.

The plot concerns a young peasant woman, Jagna, and has various sex, rape and nudity scense, building up to the conclusion which is summarised on Wikipedia as "Jagna, now with a reputation of being a promiscuous woman, rejects the offer to marry a carpenter named Mateusz out of spite. The residents of Lipce discuss the matter of Jagna and decide to banish her from the village. Antek, who is now Lipce's most influential person, allows the peasants to carry out a lynch. Outraged, they attack the hut where Jagna is hiding, tear off her clothes and take her to the edge of the village. There they beat and throw dirt at her, leaving her naked in the rain. After some time, the humiliated Jagna gets up, lets the rain wash the mud off her, and marches out into the world."

So, we get to see the young woman in a red dress dragged out of her hut by a lynch mob of villagers, have her dress ripped off with some opportunistic groping, then being beaten bloody and humiliated before being thrown naked onto a hand cart and driven out of the village, there dumped in the mud and abandoned naked in the pouring rain. All rendered in the style of Polish landscape artists of the late 19th century. At one stage it looks like we're going to see a lynch execution rather than a banishment -- there is a hangman's noose with her naked body on the cart, and the destination of the cart is a free-standing tall cross on a hill outside the village -- but it's a tease, or else a warning what would happen to her if she returned.

I've screen-capped the scene to give an idea, although the CF limit of five images feels a bit sparse here:

View attachment 1435669View attachment 1435670View attachment 1435671View attachment 1435672View attachment 1435673View attachment 1435674View attachment 1435675View attachment 1435676View attachment 1435677View attachment 1435678

[Edit: added additional screencaps to make the narrative clearer as per reply from @Wragg ]
And the link. This time only the .html. Took forever to load the former link. https://www.aznude.com/azncdn/4912e...e449/4912efb7b4a24c14ac0e36021163e449-hd.html

This is a heads-up for possible torture content, although they will probably pull their punches. The forthcoming Apple TV+ show "The New Look" (about 1940s French fashion designers, focussing on Dior and Chanel) has cast Maisie Williams as Catherine Dior (Christian's sister). It's only launching on 14 February, so nobody has seen it yet. However, based on her biography, she was a resistance fighter who was arrested and tortured for a month by the Gestapo in 1944 , then sent to a concentration camp in Germany where she was liberated at the end of the war.

The trailer has short glimpses of her arrest which I've screencapped below (starting at 1:25 min). Will have to wait for next month to see if the torture remains off-screen or not, and whether Maisie gets to keep that pretty dress on.

View attachment 1418941View attachment 1418942View attachment 1418943View attachment 1418944View attachment 1418945

14 February has come, and the first few episodes of "The New Look" have been released. I've looked through Episodes 1 and 2, which clarify matters:

1. The caps from the trailer do not actually show the arrest scene -- in the scene from the trailer, Maisie is saved by resistance fighters who shoot the two German soldiers who are molesting her. The actual arrest is right at the end of Episode 1, but not shown on screen.
  2. There are two types of tortures during Maisie's captivity with the Gestapo in Episode 2. The longer and more explicitly shown scene has Maisie forced to kneel in a stress position with her wrists cuffed to her ankles while a Nazi officer is asking questions and gloating. See caps below. Interspersed between two separate scenes of her in this hogcuffed kneeling scene is a brief scene where she is dunked into a bathub full of ice water, but it's barely visible and not worth preparing caps. Episode 2 ends with Maisie in a freight car with other prisoners on the way to the concentration camp in Germany.
  3. I have not yet found an online source for Episode 3 (I'm not an Apple+ subscriber), but from a promotional interview with Maisie I understand that it shows her head being shaved on arrival at the concentration camp (which also happened to the historical Catherine Dior). It's Maisie's actual hair that is being shaved off on screen -- some of you may remember her dramatic change of hairstyle in 2022, which was caused by filming this scene. I'd like to see that scene which no doubt will be clipped and appear online soon.
Here are my caps of the hogcuffed kneeling scene:

New Look_ Революция стиля 2 серия с рекламой_-169299310_456251171_480p-00.11.30.097.jpegNew Look_ Революция стиля 2 серия с рекламой_-169299310_456251171_480p-00.11.36.103.jpegNew Look_ Революция стиля 2 серия с рекламой_-169299310_456251171_480p-00.12.12.096.jpegNew Look_ Революция стиля 2 серия с рекламой_-169299310_456251171_480p-00.19.38.874.jpegNew Look_ Революция стиля 2 серия с рекламой_-169299310_456251171_480p-00.20.07.190.jpeg

She keeps her clothes on during the torture scenes (including the water torture), but there is a short nude scene including an even shorter nipple flash in Episode 1, which has already been clipped and uploaded on Aznude:

Not sure if this has been posted before
Triumph of the Ten Gladiators (Il trionfo dei dieci gladiatori) 1964.
The girl on the cross is Halina Zalewska. Born in Poland but raised in Italy. Sadly, she died in a fire in 1976 at the age of 36.
The evil, but clumsy one is Helga Line', born in German but raised in Portugal, she retire from movies in 1986 and is now 91 years old.
(I know way too much about these films for a straight guy.)

14 February has come, and the first few episodes of "The New Look" have been released. I've looked through Episodes 1 and 2, which clarify matters:

1. The caps from the trailer do not actually show the arrest scene -- in the scene from the trailer, Maisie is saved by resistance fighters who shoot the two German soldiers who are molesting her. The actual arrest is right at the end of Episode 1, but not shown on screen.
  2. There are two types of tortures during Maisie's captivity with the Gestapo in Episode 2. The longer and more explicitly shown scene has Maisie forced to kneel in a stress position with her wrists cuffed to her ankles while a Nazi officer is asking questions and gloating. See caps below. Interspersed between two separate scenes of her in this hogcuffed kneeling scene is a brief scene where she is dunked into a bathub full of ice water, but it's barely visible and not worth preparing caps. Episode 2 ends with Maisie in a freight car with other prisoners on the way to the concentration camp in Germany.
  3. I have not yet found an online source for Episode 3 (I'm not an Apple+ subscriber), but from a promotional interview with Maisie I understand that it shows her head being shaved on arrival at the concentration camp (which also happened to the historical Catherine Dior). It's Maisie's actual hair that is being shaved off on screen -- some of you may remember her dramatic change of hairstyle in 2022, which was caused by filming this scene. I'd like to see that scene which no doubt will be clipped and appear online soon.
Here are my caps of the hogcuffed kneeling scene:

View attachment 1436292View attachment 1436293View attachment 1436294View attachment 1436295View attachment 1436296

She keeps her clothes on during the torture scenes (including the water torture), but there is a short nude scene including an even shorter nipple flash in Episode 1, which has already been clipped and uploaded on Aznude:

Thanks to @ees001 for the link to the series download for "The New Look" in English -- much better than my previous source.

I've now caught up to Ep. 06 which was released earlier today, and I think this probably concludes the Catherine Dior (Maisie Williams) nazi torture/concentration camp story line barring some further flashbacks in future episodes.

Following on from my earlier post up from Ep. 01 and 02, the story continues with lengthy (and boring) scenes with Christian Dior and Coco Chanel compromising themselves to a greater (Chanel) or lesser (Dior) extent living and working in luxury during the wartime occupation of Paris, interspersed with short sharp scenes showing Maisie's much more interesting parallel story line in captivity.

Ep. 03 has three scenes of interest (cut up and spread through the running time of the episode):

1. On arrival in Germany by train, Maisie and the other female prisoners are herded through an old railroad yard over uneven cobbles and various debris. Maisie is still wearing her high heels from the time of her arrest and loses her footing. A German soldier shouts at her to get up again at gun point, which she does. Seconds later, another solider deliberately trips up another woman, kicks her in the chest as she's trying to get up and shoots her at point blank range. Quite a graphic shooting scene, especially when watched frame-by-frame, as they have used CGI to add the gun blast and the passage of bullet and blood bursting through the back of the body.

2. The prisoners are then registered individually, told to strip to their underwear (Maisie wimps out by getting to keep her satin slip on), issued with prison dresses, then have their hair cropped short (not shaved, as I had been led to believe). Again, Maisie's treatment doesn't quite live up to how it was trailed. Yes, we may see her own hair being cut on screen, but when we see it cut it's still mid-length. The more drastic haircut down to stubble is off-screen.

3. After processing is completed, Maise and the other prisoners are herded at nighttime through the gates of Ravensbrück concentration camp (an all-female camp), giving us our first glimpse of Maisie's new hair style.

Here are my screencaps of the processing, stripping and hair cropping sequence -- I'll post the shooting scene caps later. As per my recent discussion with @Wragg earlier in this thread, I'm posting 10 images as the sequence tells a story. All 10 pictures combined are only 325k in total anyway, so data use should be minimal.

The.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.19.08.285.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.19.32.254.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.19.36.425.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.19.48.812.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.20.09.541.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.20.12.857.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.20.22.652.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.20.35.776.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.46.30.078.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.46.34.791.jpeg

Following on from this, the German occupation of Paris ends in Ep. 04, which does not feature Maisie at all. She makes her next appearance in the very last frame of Ep. 05, arriving back at her brother's appartment after the liberation of Ravensbrück camp, with uneven stubble on her scalp, emaciated and broken. In Ep. 06, Dior tries to nurture his sister back to strength but she is having episodes of PTSD and flashbacks to her torture by the SS: she gets tortured by sleep deprivation (which is not very visual) and by submerging in a bath of ice water (visually more rewarding). Very brief scenes, but worth a couple of caps. By the end of the episodes, she gets some closure when the young resistance fighter whose name she did not divulge under torture seeks her out and thanks her for saving his life.

All in all, a quite well handled and shot storyline, following the historical record pretty closely as far as I can tell. It only comes to less than ten minutes of film on Maisie's story though, spread over five episodes. The rest of the series is much less involving. I particularly found it grating that all the actors are speaking English with ridiculous faux-French accents, which breaks my suspension of disbelief. Inspector Clouseau comes to mind...

Also a waste of John Malkovich's acting talents as he has little to do but making camp exclamations.

As promised, here is the shooting scene from Ep. 03 of "The New Look":

"On arrival in Germany by train, Maisie and the other female prisoners are herded through an old railroad yard over uneven cobbles and various debris. Maisie is still wearing her high heels from the time of her arrest and loses her footing. A German soldier shouts at her to get up again at gun point, which she does. Seconds later, another solider deliberately trips up another woman, kicks her in the chest as she's trying to get up and shoots her at point blank range. Quite a graphic shooting scene, especially when watched frame-by-frame, as they have used CGI to add the gun blast and the passage of bullet and blood bursting through the back of the body."

The.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.14.33.330.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.14.37.626.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.14.43.716.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.14.43.882.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.14.44.508.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.14.45.050.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.14.45.092.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.14.45.134.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.14.45.175.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E03.400p-00.14.45.301.jpeg

#1 and #2 show Maisie stumbling and getting back to her feet at gunpoint. The woman to her right in #2 is then pushed to the ground by a soldier and shot dead. Images #6 to #9 are four consecutive frames, between them covering just over a tenth of a second of the bullet passing through her and gore bursting out of the back of her body.

While a pretty low-key scene , I was intrigued by the way they've created this effect and the detail in the frames for what is only a split second on screen.

This is probably my last post about "The New Look" -- it's not all that on-topic as a show, but hey it's Maisie Williams!

This sequence starts with the final shot of Ep 05, Maisie with cropped hair and in poor shape arrives back at Dior's appartment in Paris after the end of the war, followed in Ep 06 by a flashback to her water torture at the hand of the SS after her arrest:

The.New.Look.S01E05.400p-00.49.13.511.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E06.400p-00.01.28.258.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E06.400p-00.02.04.587.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E06.400p-00.31.53.068.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E06.400p-00.31.58.824.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E06.400p-00.31.59.574.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E06.400p-00.32.00.700.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E06.400p-00.32.00.867.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E06.400p-00.32.01.993.jpegThe.New.Look.S01E06.400p-00.32.02.160.jpeg

Strangeland (1998)

"Captain Howdy" preys on girls on the internet and subsequently performs extrem body modifications on them. Current favourite is Genevieve (Linda Cardellini), who is put through her paces in more than one discipline.

Amongst the pleasures bestowed upon her and her fellow sufferers are sutured lips, gibbetting and hardcore needle play.

SL 02.jpgSL 04.jpgSL 06.jpgSL 08.jpgSL 11.jpg

If anybody wonders about script and acting; they are present, and that's it. The film works first and foremost through its highly fetishised body-mod aesthetics, a department in which it is an absolute go-to.

Strangeland (1998)

"Captain Howdy" preys on girls on the internet and subsequently performs extrem body modifications on them. Current favourite is Genevieve (Linda Cardellini), who is put through her paces in more than one discipline.

Amongst the pleasures bestowed upon her and her fellow sufferers are sutured lips, gibbetting and hardcore needle play.

View attachment 1446508View attachment 1446509View attachment 1446510View attachment 1446511View attachment 1446512

If anybody wonders about script and acting; they are present, and that's it. The film works first and foremost through its highly fetishised body-mod aesthetics, a department in which it is an absolute go-to.
one of the best!

(after midnight CET now, so I hope I get away with posting some more pics)

Honourably mentioned: The Curse of Sleeping Beauty (2016)

A bloke has reoccuring visions of the fabulous girl Briar Rose (India Eisley), who beseeches him in various dreamscapes to awaken her from her centuries-long sleep.

In one of the more dramatic swevens Briar Rose seems to be trapped in a spiked head cage of sort. Later on, we find her lying in a metal reimagination of her glass coffin.

SB01.jpgSB02.jpgSB03.jpg

Low-budget as it may be, the film has some nice visuals and its highly agreeable lead actress going for it. Sadly it turns ever more ridiculous in its second half, even within its own premise.

Back
Top Bottom