Books From My Library

Go to CruxDreams.com

admihoek

Administrator
Staff member
A plain-English guide to Britons in battle, from the Roman invasion to the ongoing Iraqi war

Charging through the Britain's military past, this accessible guide brings to life the battles and wars that shaped the history of Britain-and the world. The book profiles commanders, explains strategies and tactics, and covers key developments in weaponry and technology.

icon-emailfile.png

British History for Dummies - Bryan Perett.pdf

Size: 5.6 MB

Expires: September 18, 2014 12:12 PDT

Last edited:
and A Historie of Chinese Mathematics
"The book is made up of two mutually explanatory parts, the first devoted to the general, historical and cultural background, and the second to the development of each subdiscipline that together comprise Chinese mathematics. This section is organised topically rather than chronologically, and is enriched in each case by examples, guides on how to intepret the contextual setting and by exhaustive references - both mathematical and sinological. This makes the book uniquely accessible, both as a topical reference work, and also as an overview that can be read and reread at many levels of sophistication by both sinologists and mathematicians alike. Indeed anyone with an interest in Chinese culture or the history of ideas will derive great benefit from this book."--Publisher description.
icon-emailfile.png

A Historie of Chinese Mathematics.pdf

Size: 18.83 MB

Expires: September 18, 2014 12:44 PDT

A Guide to the Deities of the Tantrais a fascinating insight into a subject that has captivated the imagination of many but remains mysterious and exotic to all but a few.

Tantric deities? Who are they and what do they do?

This volume focuses on the deities whose mantra recitation and colorful visualizations lie at the heart of the Tantra. We meet goddesses of wisdom, the prince of purity, the lotus-born guru Padmasambhava, and dakinis— wild-haired women who dance in the flames of freedom. All, the peaceful and the wrathful alike, urge the reader to break through to wisdom, pointing out the true nature of reality with uncompromising vigor.

Devoid of pop culture misperceptions, this guide is a window into the sometimes mysterious world of Buddhist Tantra. Vessantara explores the key characteristics of the Tantra in this magical fusion of the practical and the imaginative—giving us a direct insight in into the poetry and the power of the Tantra.

A much-published and well-respected Buddhist author, meditator, and teacher,Vessantarais a senior member of the Western Buddhist Order. He holds a particular love for Tibetan Buddhism and is well-known as an effective storyteller. This is one of three volumes looking at Buddha figures in the Indo-Tibetan Buddhist tradition.
icon-emailfile.png

A guide to the deities of the tantra.pdf

Size: 3.19 MB

Expires: September 18, 2014 12:49 PDT

Last edited:
I've downloaded the British History For Dummies. It is now in our library...about my level!

Can you send me Maths for Dummies please Melissa? :p

Do you have any dirty comic books that Tree could understand???
perhaps this one something for you?

Computer Viruses for Dummies - Peter H. Gregory.pdf

Size: 2.33 MB
Expires: September 19, 2014 06:53 PDT

Product Description

Computer viruses—just the thought of your trusty PC catching one is probably enough to make you sick. Thanks to the cyber-sickies who persist in coming up with new strains, there’s a major new cyberattack nearly every day. Viruses sneak in, usually through e-mail.

Fortunately, there are ways to inoculate and protect your computer. Computer Viruses For Dummies helps you:

• Understand the risks and analyze your PC’s current condition
  • Select, install, and configure antivirus software
  • Scan your computer and e-mail
  • Rid your computer of viruses it’s already caught
  • Update antivirus software and install security patches
  • Use firewalls and spyware blockers
  • Protect handheld PDAs from viruses
  • Adopt safe computing practices, especially with e-mail and when you’re surfing the Net
Written by Peter H. Gregory, coauthor of CISSP For Dummies and Security + For Dummies, Computer Viruses For Dummies goes beyond viruses to explain other nasty computer infections like Trojan horses, HiJackers, worms, phishing scams, spyware, and hoaxes. It also profiles major antivirus software to help you choose the best program(s) for your needs.

Remember, if you don’t protect your computer, not only do you risk having your computer infiltrated and your data contaminated, you risk unknowingly transmitting a virus, worm, or other foul computer germ to everybody in your address book! This guide will help you properly immunize your PC with antivirus software now and install updates and security patches that are like booster shots to keep your software protected against new viruses.

From the Back Cover

Build up your defenses against online germ warfare

Discover how viruses work and how to outsmart the cyber-thugs who create them

Viruses, worms, and Trojan horses create a serious health problem for your PC, but this handy little book has the antidote! It’ll help you exterminate those nasty bugs and protect your system from catching more. Find out how to choose the right antivirus software, develop healthy computing habits, and keep your PC happy.

The Dummies Way

• Explanations in plain English
  • "Get in, get out" information
  • Icons and other navigational aids
  • Tear-out cheat sheet
  • Top ten lists
  • A dash of humor and fun
Discover how to:

• Understand how worms and Trojan horses work
  • Practice safe surfing
  • Block spyware and set up a firewall
  • Cure an existing virus infection
  • Use virus protection effectively

Can you send me Maths for Dummies please Melissa? :p
When I was in college, (Electronic Engineering) I had to choose between Analytical Geometry or Pre-Calculus. Thought to myself, I breezed through geometry in high school, so I signed up for that. BIG MISTAKE! Can anyone remember seeing those sine waves on instruments in old movies? Well, that math class computed what made that sine wave and how to design your own. I busted my butt in that class!!!!! Still only got a C+! :eek:

You needn't be lonely when you're here Marcie,
you've plenty of friends here :)

Back
Top Bottom