Administrator
Staff member
And the first is Vika's dream..
Vika's dream.jpg

bobinder

ARTISAN
And the first is Vika's dream..
Vika's dream.jpg's dream.jpg
A dramatic scene with a sinister atmosphere. The hooded horseman on his red-eyed steed appears to be a supernatural figure, offering no prospect of rescue.
The reflection at the foot of the cross is neatly applied, indicating damp conditions beneath the stormy sky. Nice work, Melissa! :)

Meanwhile, Cruxdreams model, Julia Bondareva, admires her 'Portrait d'une Crucifiee' in the studio of Dante Phlebas Rossetti.
The painting is derived from a Makar sepiatone photograph which has been colourised for this manipulation.

The Studio at Cruxton Abbey detail 1.jpg The Studio at Cruxton Abbey.jpg

melissa

Administrator
Staff member
A dramatic scene with a sinister atmosphere. The hooded horseman on his red-eyed steed appears to be a supernatural figure, offering no prospect of rescue.
The reflection at the foot of the cross is neatly applied, indicating damp conditions beneath the stormy sky. Nice work, Melissa! :)

Meanwhile, Cruxdreams model, Julia Bondareva, admires her 'Portrait d'une Crucifiee' in the studio of Dante Phlebas Rossetti.
The painting is derived from a Makar sepiatone photograph which has been colourised for this manipulation.

Brilliant manips. I really do like close ups with lots of detail, especially the hair. Is that the burn and dodge technique? So was Julia Bondareva known as Vika? I don't remember. I also notice I started the same thread twice!!

bobinder

ARTISAN
Brilliant manips. I really do like close ups with lots of detail, especially the hair. Is that the burn and dodge technique? So was Julia Bondareva known as Vika? I don't remember. I also notice I started the same thread twice!!
Thanks, Melissa - you are correct in identifying the masking technique which reveals the fine detail in the hair. The dodge and burn tools are used to increase the relative contrast to create the mask in a monochrome channel. ;)

The Cruxdreams session by Vika and Sveta was recorded on 27 August 2005. Julia Bondareva is a different model. She performed with Oxana in the Cruxdreams video, 'Virgin Crucifix' on 8 June 2008, although the video was not released until two years later. This was Ms. Bondareva's only crux session, and she is not to be confused with a number of other Cruxdreams models who also used variations of Julia, Yulia and Ulia. I have posted further information about her in the threads, 'Former Crux Models' and 'Fun with a Gun' -

Top Bottom