Deedra’s last days

Go to CruxDreams.com
Part 1

I’ve been perched on a wobbly bench with my hand bound behind my back and a thick, itchy noose around my neck. My only option is not one I want to take. From a distance a bell begins to toll. Tree calls up and says “When the bell stops, your hanging begins.”

hang 1161.jpg

I jerk my head towards him and yell “You can’t me!”

hang 1032.jpg

But the bell falls silent and he kicks the stool from beneath my feet!

hang 845.jpg

I am hanged! The noose is less than comfortable as my neck is meant only to hold my head up, not have the weight of my body hanging from it. Overall, this hanging hurts, but I can still breathe. I hang with my feet searching for footing they can’t find.

hang 847.jpg

For a while, I hang pretty limp from the noose around my neck. I guess that doesn’t please the crowd too much. My ears are ringing already and I can’t make out what is being yelled at me, but there’s twice the women’s voices hollering lewd comments than there are men.

hang 1163.jpg

But there is new problem. The noose is tightening around my throat! I can still gasp for breaths of air but it is becoming work. My legs start to thrash trying to find ground they can’t reach.

hang 848.jpg

I have consciousness about me other than the noose closing around my neck, my feet still search for footing they don’t find, and the fucking rope is shredding my wrists but its hold is firm!

The crowd might call it my last dance, but it is pure panic as I try to escape the closing noose.

hang 1104 e.jpg

It is a cruel fact that my body wants to escape being hanged by the rope.

hang 1162.jpg

My legs flay wildly beneath me while my hands struggle to escape the rope binding them.

What are they doing? I think they are cheering!

hang 1160.jpg

You bastards, I am dying up here!

-Deedra

Attachments

• hang 611 e.jpg
    hang 611 e.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 64
Part 2

The bell tolls once. Deedra has been hanged a quarter hour…

My eyes are filled with tears but there is nothing I can do. I can’t free my hands.

hang 307 d.jpg

I can still gasp for air but is becoming harder. I can’t escape this fucking noose and it is starting to choke me!

hang 384.jpg

Blood pounds in my head. My ears ring louder than the crowd screams. I am dying but I can’t escape the rope choking me!

hang 481 f.jpg

How much longer will this noose toy with me? It has won! I just want to die!

hang 646 B.jpg

I am out of any strength to keep fighting. You have done your job, Tree. Just let me die!

hang 912 B.jpg

Shit, I can’t hold it any longer! I spread my legs. I can’t hold back any longer!

hang 1155 B.jpg

I can’t see it but I can feel pee pour from my bladder.

hang 360 E.jpg

Maybe it doesn’t make any noise when it hits the platform.

I try to take another breath but the noose has other ideas. My mouth opens and I try to inhale. Nothing happens. I think they have killed me!

hang 068 d.jpg

The bell tolls twice. The Woman’s Correctional Facility nurse comes to check Deedra’s pulse. There is none. She spins Deedra’s body so it hangs facing the crowd. She loudly proclaims “Dreedra Wilson has served her sentence. The woman has been declared dead at 12:32 PM.”

hang 466 b.jpg

The crowd politely applauds. Most head for the concession stand, a few leave satisfied with Convict Dreedra’s death. A few wonder onto the gallows’ platform for a closer look at the convict’s body.

hang 1155 d.jpg

Theres’ no rush. Deedra will be left hanged until the night crew disposed disposes of her remains later that evening…

Dreedra was taken from her cell on death row at 10:30 AM. Her walk to and up onto the gallows took an hour. Preparing her to be hanged took 15 minutes. Warder Joan Tree’s reading of her sentence used almost ten minutes. Dreedra was left standing on the stool for six minutes before Tree kicked the stool away and hanged her at 12 noon. It took Dreedra a half hour to succumb to being strangled by the premium French noose and she was declare dead at 12:32 PM.

Crux Chronicles reminds its subscribers that Drredra Wilson testified at her own trial she indeed murdered her sister with a single shot in her sister’s forehead and watched her sister convulse and wither away for several minutes al the while holding a semi-automatic pistol with eight unused bullets still in the magazine.

Some may reflect on Dreedra’s execution as barbaric, but with her execution justice has been served.

The end

Back
Top Bottom