Excerpt from Missing Members - any news?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few different artists who have reached out to me elsewhere and have said that they don't feel safe posting in the forum right now, because they "cannot trust the moderators". This needs to be addressed so we can move on.
I have heard the same, completely unprompted. Some fears involve the logging of ip addresses, which every site does. I have explained to them that that only maps you to a metro area. Mine shows me miles away from my home. Internet providers will only release specific information under a court order. CF ain't gonna get a judge, even Maximum Marty, to issue one.

I have heard the same, completely unprompted. Some fears involve the logging of ip addresses, which every site does. I have explained to them that that only maps you to a metro area. Mine shows me miles away from my home. Internet providers will only release specific information under a court order. CF ain't gonna get a judge, even Maximum Marty, to issue one.
Doesn't matter for me, because the IP address is straight up fictional and very real looking. Not the right city, not even the right continent, couldn't even hit me with a hundred nukes. But the real names associated with paypal accounts, that is worrying, but sadly they refuse to take bitcoin. :p

Doesn't matter for me, because the IP address is straight up fictional and very real looking. Not the right city, not even the right continent, couldn't even hit me with a hundred nukes. But the real names associated with paypal accounts, that is worrying, but sadly they refuse to take bitcoin. :p
I've been on public threads disclosing the general area I live in. I really don't care

Yeah, that's a problem. But I publish on a paysite and they use both Paypal and Visa/Master. The problem with bitcoin is you buy my book today for $ 7 and by the time the publisher comes to pay me, it could be worth $ 5.

I've been on public threads disclosing the general area I live in. I really don't care

Yeah, that's a problem. But I publish on a paysite and they use both Paypal and Visa/Master. The problem with bitcoin is you buy my book today for $ 7 and by the time the publisher comes to pay me, it could be worth $ 5.
I bought drugs with bitcoin and by the time I wanted to buy drugs again the loose change was enough to buy drugs. So I put more money into the account, and then it happened again. I got thousands of dollars and a shitload of drugs. It was awesome. And this should tell you just how anon I am here. :p

There's a section for 2d art as well, but the fact that it is called "2d art" should tell you the perspective of the site admin
"2D Art" is a blanket term I came up with to describe more traditional styles of work that don't involve Daz or Poser. I'm open to suggestions for a more accurate naming convention, but we do welcome paintings, sketches, drawings, etc.. Just not photo manipulations.

But it is a replacement for VoD which he kinda torpedoed on his own with only a short warning, so I'm still wary of the place.
I wouldn't call 4 months a "short' warning, but I understand your concern.

VoD succeeded Art of Darkness in 2016, which was online for 10 years. There are no guarantees in life, but 10 years is my minimum benchmark for PiP. After that, we'll see how everyone feels about continuing.

"2D Art" is a blanket term I came up with to describe more traditional styles of work that don't involve Daz or Poser. I'm open to suggestions for a more accurate naming convention, but we do welcome paintings, sketches, drawings, etc.. Just not photo manipulations.

I wouldn't call 4 months a "short' warning, but I understand your concern.

VoD succeeded Art of Darkness in 2016, which was online for 10 years. There are no guarantees in life, but 10 years is my minimum benchmark for PiP. After that, we'll see how everyone feels about continuing.
I can explain my issue with the naming simply: It makes "3d" seem more evolved than "2d" when that simply isn't the case. 3d art isn't 3d, since the final result is a 2d image on the screen as a representation 3d objects. If that is the metric by which art is considered 2d, than paintings, sketches, digital, and traditional are all 3d art as well. If 3d art is something that must be experienced in 3d then sculpture and VR are 3d are and CG renders and paintings are not. Photographs are in a similar camp, 2d representations of 3d scenes.

I prefer "CG art" and "traditional art" as the categories, since it is clearer, and doesn't have the implication that paintings lack a dimension that daz renders have, when they both only have two dimensions.

I can explain my issue with the naming simply: It makes "3d" seem more evolved than "2d" when that simply isn't the case.
Excellent points. I agree with all of them.

For PiP's main focus, I need to be able to separate content between Daz / Poser art and traditional art. The categories you've proposed make sense, but I'd like to keep the forum descriptions in place. Does this structure look like a reasonable compromise?

CG Art - Renders created with Daz, Poser, Blender, Et Al.
Traditional Art - Sketches, drawings, paintings, etc..

Excellent points. I agree with all of them.

For PiP's main focus, I need to be able to separate content between Daz / Poser art and traditional art. The categories you've proposed make sense, but I'd like to keep the forum descriptions in place. Does this structure look like a reasonable compromise?

CG Art - Renders created with Daz, Poser, Blender, Et Al.
Traditional Art - Sketches, drawings, paintings, etc..
Makes perfect sense to me. Here's to ten years of Pip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom