Execution Game: Survival Crucifixion

Go to CruxDreams.com

Lucas Soranus

Governor
The basics of this one are simple. Crucify a group of criminals, and leave them there until one or more of them die, allowing the rest to be taken down. This increases the tension as death becomes less of a certainty for the condemned, and brings about the possibility for survival. It also lets some people live and go on to spread the word about how horrible being on the cross is and how it's not worth going against the state. Most likely this type of crucifixion would have to be done with ropes as to avoid/minimize permanent damage to the survivors, but nails can be involved in certain configurations.

This can be done in several configurations
  1. The first involves having a group of two or more criminals, and setting the conditions for being let down to be after a certain number of crucifees have died. The most simple iteration would be having two on the cross, and then letting one down once the other dies, however this can be extended to any number (ex. total of 10 crucified, with conclusion after 4 have dies).
  2. The second involves designating a certain individual(s) to die. This can either be directly stated (at which point nails for those specific individuals might be appropriate) or not stated (in which all would still be bound with ropes), which would further increase the tension as the condemned do not know which one(s) among them need to die so that they may live. Any who die before the designated individuals are considered collateral damage and are not saved, but are to die on the cross just the same. A failsafe may also be put in place to allow at least one to live so there should be a survivor, but that may not be necessary if not desired (or if not possible, say for example, if only two are crucified).
What are your thoughts? What would be an appropriate setup by which to use this punishment scheme?

I have had this exact fantasy for such a long time. It’s wild that the concept never gets addressed more, it adds drama to a crucifixion story almost by default, regardless of whether it’s a crux battle royale where only one girl survives, or if it is a wicked and cruel punishment where only the weakest women lose their fight with the cross, and most go free.

I think that with a sufficiently high frequency of execution, especially where it is a public spectacle, this “game” ends up developing on its own. All of those arena pictures, the ones where you wonder why regular people would buy tickets to watch women scream for three days? I like to imagine that they are all trying to hold out to win, to outlast the others and survive.

I think that the sort of empire to implement this would be looking for ways to improve the effectiveness and entertainment value of their mass crucifixions. Girls who believe that they have a shot at life, because there is always at least one survivor, will perform the dance of the cross more passionately and for longer. They will commit themselves to more effort and more movement to try to keep going. The victim is required to torture herself.

Another positive effect of this would be how destructive it is for the victims’ solidarity. Ordinarily, or rather, traditionally, during a mass crux, everyone dies. You can resign yourself to your fate after you are done with the initial agony of being fixed to the cross. There is a sisterhood to be found in shared suffering, after all. But, if there is always one girl who doesn’t die, then the whole dynamic changes. Every other woman on a cross is a threat to your life, especially if she is fit and motivated. Each victim could now be only out for themselves, if they don’t want to die.

I would imagine in the great arenas and stadia of the empire that large amounts of moderately taxed betting would take place over which ones would survive.over which ones would “win”. The odds would ensure that the house always wins, of course, but cheering on a particular cry girl might involve more than chants from the stands for particularly wealthy patrons, they might get *truly* invested, and even attempt to cheat their girl to victory with wine and other helpful things.

Finally, although crucifixion survivors would start to be less rare, and their tales of the horror of nails and wood would increase its popularity and effectiveness, they might not have much of a life to return to. They might be shunned from their rebel cells. It wouldn’t be possible to tell if they had someone on the inside of the empire to ensure that they were to only one to make it off of the cross alive. You could never truly trust them, best to act like everyone died on the cross.

Last edited:
There is a sisterhood to be found in shared suffering, after all. But, if there is always one girl who doesn’t die, then the whole dynamic changes. Every other woman on a cross is a threat to your life, especially if she is fit and motivated. Each victim could now be only out for themselves, if they don’t want to die.
This post is great! But I especially like the passage I’ve quoted here. Personally I’ve always focused on the sisterhood bit, but this adds a whole new dimension!

Die damn it, die! Come on bitch, die so I can live!

If you want to make this rather cruel, designate the strongest member of the group as the one who has to die and see if any outlast him.
One cannot die on command!
The others know, they have little chance, at best a probability to leave the cross, bodily crippled. They better put away ther false hope and neglect all false promises. Once the strongest member is the oly one still alive, it does matter anymore for the others.

One cannot die on command!
The others know, they have little chance, at best a probability to leave the cross, bodily crippled. They better put away ther false hope and neglect all false promises. Once the strongest member is the oly one still alive, it does matter anymore for the others.
I don’t know which version of this is more cruel: broadcasting ahead of time which one is designated to die (with nails) or to just tie them all and let them slowly figure it out as all the weaker ones die and they’re left up.

Hey Lucas I like your game playing and this could be entertaining . I would like to see your naked body hanging on the cross but I hope you surivive. This could also be done for all young men who turn 18 or for any one that breaks any law. The judge can decide weather a flogging or crucifixion or both. Nails or not the prisoner will be naked and on public display.

Hey Lucas I like your game playing and this could be entertaining . I would like to see your naked body hanging on the cross but I hope you surivive. This could also be done for all young men who turn 18 or for any one that breaks any law. The judge can decide weather a flogging or crucifixion or both. Nails or not the prisoner will be naked and on public display.
I’d be honored to let you see it. What would my crucifixion be like? How many total? How many survivors? I’d like to know what my odds look like.

I’d be honored to let you see it. What would my crucifixion be like? How many total? How many survivors? I’d like to know what my odds look like.
There will be 6 to crucified., They will be the ages of 18-30 assuming you are 24. All will pull a stone from a bag, the one who draws the black stone will be nailed to the cross. After 2 have died 4 may live. However if the man who was nailed is not one of the 2 dead then he will be taken down and cared for and the 3 remaining men will need to suffer another 2 hours. We shall see who will actually be here at the end.

Je serais honoré de tenter le coup, j'adore ce genre de choses.
google traduction : Je serais honoré de tenter le coup, j'adore ce genre de choses.

Je serais honoré de tenter le coup, j'adore ce genre de choses.
google traduction : Je serais honoré de tenter le coup, j'adore ce genre de choses.
Please use English on the forum!
---
I would be honored to try it, I love this kind of thing.
Google translation: I would be honored to try it, I love these kinds of things.

Merci d'utiliser l'anglais sur le forum !
---
Je serais honoré de l'essayer, j'adore ce genre de chose.
Traduction de Google : Je serais honoré de l'essayer, j'adore ce genre de choses.
Je ne voudrais pas dire, mais c'est ce que je fais. A chaque fois, j'utilise le traducteur google.
Google translator : Je ne dirais pas, mais c'est ce que je fais. A chaque fois, j'utilise le traducteur google.

Je ne voudrais pas dire, mais c'est ce que je fais. A chaque fois, j'utilise le traducteur google.
Google translator : Je ne dirais pas, mais c'est ce que je fais. A chaque fois, j'utilise le traducteur google.
You use the translator not right. The postings must be here in English.

There will be 6 to crucified., They will be the ages of 18-30 assuming you are 24. All will pull a stone from a bag, the one who draws the black stone will be nailed to the cross. After 2 have died 4 may live. However if the man who was nailed is not one of the 2 dead then he will be taken down and cared for and the 3 remaining men will need to suffer another 2 hours. We shall see who will actually be here at the end.
Those are reasonable odds I think. It's safe to assume that the nails will reduce your chance of survival tremendously though.

The basics of this one are simple. Crucify a group of criminals, and leave them there until one or more of them die, allowing the rest to be taken down. This increases the tension as death becomes less of a certainty for the condemned, and brings about the possibility for survival. It also lets some people live and go on to spread the word about how horrible being on the cross is and how it's not worth going against the state. Most likely this type of crucifixion would have to be done with ropes as to avoid/minimize permanent damage to the survivors, but nails can be involved in certain configurations.

This can be done in several configurations
  1. The first involves having a group of two or more criminals, and setting the conditions for being let down to be after a certain number of crucifees have died. The most simple iteration would be having two on the cross, and then letting one down once the other dies, however this can be extended to any number (ex. total of 10 crucified, with conclusion after 4 have dies).
  2. The second involves designating a certain individual(s) to die. This can either be directly stated (at which point nails for those specific individuals might be appropriate) or not stated (in which all would still be bound with ropes), which would further increase the tension as the condemned do not know which one(s) among them need to die so that they may live. Any who die before the designated individuals are considered collateral damage and are not saved, but are to die on the cross just the same. A failsafe may also be put in place to allow at least one to live so there should be a survivor, but that may not be necessary if not desired (or if not possible, say for example, if only two are crucified).
What are your thoughts? What would be an appropriate setup by which to use this punishment scheme?
Very interesting & amusing concept.

I would fancy to read a story based on it.

Back
Top Bottom