Hanna Outside The Wall

Go to CruxDreams.com
That you actually notice this stuff means you're already five steps ahead. Some people will merge two completely different pictures with rough edges, no positioning whatsoever etc. left intact and leave it so, deeming their work done. Pfeh.

A protip from semi-newb (though a fellow PSP user, too): use and abuse feathering. Its potential is incredible, especially combined with point-to-point selections.
Another protip: Clone Brush is the best tool on Earth.

edit
I did some edge fixing for fun. Nothing thorough, just some tweaking here and there to kill the boredom. Not that I could do any drastic changes without access to layers...
View attachment 94063

Thanks Cast, that is better :)

I only used three ingredients, the girl, the wood, and the city wall background

This is the girl, as Phlebas says she's crying out to be crucified ;)

hanna_13 (2).jpg

Her hand's at the wrong angle, and her feet are right under her bum, which Apostate loves, among others, but this time I played it safe and left her feet off the bottom.

The wood was from the right hand of these two posts (there's some woman standing in front of the other one, and it's at the wrong angle):

431001.jpg

Might not have been the best choice but I thought the lighting was similar.

And here's the city wall

City Wall.jpg

Please don't be bored - feel free to show me how it should be done!!

W
If that is your first shot welcome to Crux Forums puberty!!!

You did well. I don't know what program you are using or it you are using layers (Tree does not because he is a Neanderthal) but most have some sort of a blend tool that really merges the picture you drop in into the background. You do lose a bit of detail but drink a bit and have some sex and it just doesn't matter...

T
Drink and sex...I wouldn't have thought of that, Tree, but now you mention it, how true!!

That's certainly the advice that I'll enjoy following the most, puts feathers and layers into a new context, anyway.

:D

W

Last edited:
You should merge your layers before blending... and once you've done the work of removing backgrounds or finding new ones keep a file of them in case you have another application (that means condemned woman)

T

The boredom part referred to my hungover state of mind (and stomach) where any excess activity would lead to a headache at the very least. Can't do much, might as well try and improve your pic for fun. Turned out to be safe enough :)

I only used three ingredients, the girl, the wood, and the city wall background

Quite usual, I suppose. Do you keep them as three separate layers in the .PSP file, though? It makes altering, reshaping and blending stuff much, much easier. Heck, sometimes it's even useful to, for instance, cut the cross into several pieces and spread these across additional layers.

Except, Cast, that I'm still finding keeping the size and scale right between layers a real bummer...so I got Hanna onto the cross and into the same layer ASAP

But I kept the city wall separate until the end. The first time I tried to merge the layers she was too big for the background, and the program would no way let me resize her:

Hanna layer too big.jpg

Eventually I did get it to resize her independently but every time I clicked OK she got smaller until she was a tiny dot.

Morals: a) don't give up the day job, b) keep practicing, and c) follow Tree's advice re drink & sex.

W

Except, Cast, that I'm still finding keeping the size and scale right between layers a real bummer...so I got Hanna onto the cross and into the same layer ASAP

But I kept the city wall separate until the end. The first time I tried to merge the layers she was too big for the background, and the program would no way let me resize her:

View attachment 94088

Eventually I did get it to resize her independently but every time I clicked OK she got smaller until she was a tiny dot.

Morals: a) don't give up the day job, b) keep practicing, and c) follow Tree's advice re drink & sex.

W

Like Cast says, keep your layers seperate. You can always duplicate a layer, and hide the previous version in case you want to roll back.
When you paste a figure that is too big into a background, no problem. You should be able to resize it without losing anything, even if it originally extends out of the frame. You can resize the whole image, or just one layer at a time, check your settings. - actually, I like your "too big" image :)
On merging layers, it is possible in PSP to "copy merged", create a merged copy while leaving the originals in place. This can be used as a seperate image to apply blends to, or can be layed over the original image for similar effect. Then you still have your original components to play with later if need be. You could have numerous merged, blended, filtered layers on top of your original components.

Heck, sometimes it's even useful to, for instance, cut the cross into several pieces and spread these across additional layers.

Nice job btw Cast. Yes, layers and layers for your more subtle effects. As you branch out you may have layers for body, repositioned arms, nails, blood, different bits of cross, maybe hands, shadows etc. You don't have to achieve everything on one layer! And if you use masks, you don't have to delete bits, you can hide them.

I can't comment on Tree's drink and sex advice, I don't remember whether I have done any manips after indulging in either/both :p

OK, I'll stop there before getting carried away in technicalities. Wragg and Cast, power to your pixels :D

Glad you are all discussing this!

I'm listening and picking up tips as I go.

YAY !!!!

:)

OK, maybe PSP isn't so bad after all.

Layers are cool :cool:

Feathers are cool :cool:

The clone brush, as Cast says is very cool :cool::cool:

Drink and sex are cool :cool::D

Still got a long way to go, but here's Jenni (she whom Hondoboot and I were eulogising about over on the Erotic Photo Art thread) looking a bit surprised

a) Because I've dragged her out of a swimming pool and nailed her to a cross :rolleyes:

b) Because I removed her bikini bottoms and replaced them with a rather tatty wragg rag :eek:

JenniC3 smaller.jpg

The other important tool is patience, something I've not got much of, sadly.

Anyway, enjoy!

W

Last edited:
isn't needed now

The other important tool is patience, something I've not got much of, sadly.
if you're feeling impatient with her, use your important tool! :D

if you're feeling impatient with her, use your important tool! :D
Oh! God! Eul.

I think, I'll just not touch that one. :p

Oh! God! Eul.

I think, I'll just not touch that one. :p
Try, Siss...

Wagg, I first saw your picture 10 minutes ago. Patience isn't your problem, it is practice (which does require patience). This is my '10 minute touch-up'

JenniC3 smaller.jpg

...I'd do more but that is just a demo of what can be done quickly.

a bit of brush, clone tool and blend was all I used...

T

Try, Siss...

Wagg, I first saw your picture 10 minutes ago. Patience isn't your problem, it is practice (which does require patience). This is my '10 minute touch-up'

View attachment 94577

...I'd do more but that is just a demo of what can be done quickly.

a bit of brush, clone tool and blend was all I used...

T

You make it look easy, Tree, but you show what's possible with practice - and it's good to have you guys to practice on!!

W

I still suck on poser. My first try it imported all my photos and damn near filled my hard drive and backup drive. I'm still finding hidden files. I'm sure I did something wrong. Don't give up. Once you get the basics down it get easier. You did quite well for a newbie... don't quit and there are a lot here that will help and others that will be encouraged by your progress...

Tree

Back
Top Bottom