Judicial Corporal Punishment Of Women: Illustrations

Go to CruxDreams.com
Here is a rare example of a vintage JCP drawing that we haven't yet posted here (I think!) -- I found it in the catalogue of a very large auction of vintage erotica which took place in Paris last year (link). It looks to be an original rather than a print, or at the very least hand-colorised and captioned. The German writing reads "50 strokes of the cane for the public whore" (top) and "Punishment in an Institute of Correction, c. 1860" (bottom), so were are very much in "Nell In Bridewell" territory. Note the burgeois audience, and the two other culprits waiting their turn. Nice HQ scan quality!

50 Rohrstockhiebe der oeffentlichen Dirne.jpg

This drawing was auctioned as part of a lot. The other five example pictures from the same lot are also captioned in German and show white slaves in a harem setting with black men -- I'm not entirely convinced they are by the same artist as the above judicial caning scene, although they may be. Anyway, they are nice even if not strictly JCP:

01 Des Paschas Beute.jpg02 Geschaendet.jpg03 Angriff von Hinten.jpg04 Hoechste Ekstase.png05 Tanz unter der Peitsche.jpg

The captions translate as, left to right: "The spoils of the Pasha", "Ravished", "Attack from behind", "Highest ecstasy" and "Dance to the whip".

Here is a rare example of a vintage JCP drawing that we haven't yet posted here (I think!) -- I found it in the catalogue of a very large auction of vintage erotica which took place in Paris last year (link). It looks to be an original rather than a print, or at the very least hand-colorised and captioned. The German writing reads "50 strokes of the cane for the public whore" (top) and "Punishment in an Institute of Correction, c. 1860" (bottom), so were are very much in "Nell In Bridewell" territory. Note the burgeois audience, and the two other culprits waiting their turn. Nice HQ scan quality!

View attachment 1173755

This drawing was auctioned as part of a lot. The other five example pictures from the same lot are also captioned in German and show white slaves in a harem setting with black men -- I'm not entirely convinced they are by the same artist as the above judicial caning scene, although they may be. Anyway, they are nice even if not strictly JCP:

View attachment 1173748View attachment 1173749View attachment 1173750View attachment 1173751View attachment 1173752

The captions translate as, left to right: "The spoils of the Pasha", "Ravished", "Attack from behind", "Highest ecstasy" and "Dance to the whip".
Nsur, many thanks, this is really something new and rare! True, it seems that in the hands of the executor is something more flexible than a cane.

Nsur, many thanks, this is really something new and rare! True, it seems that in the hands of the executor is something more flexible than a cane.
Yes, I was thinking that as well, although the German text definitely refers to a cane ("Rohrstock") and there are three canes soaking in the bucket. Possible explanations that occurred to me are (1) for some reason he's using a pizzle on this particular bottom, (2) he's swinging the cane with such force that it bends unnaturally, or (3) the artist messed up the composition and ran out of space to fit the cane into the frame ...

Another drawing from the same catalogue of vintage erotica where @nsur1 found that rare drawing "50 Rohrstockhiebe der öffentlichen Dirne".

Genre scenes, circa 1940 (link).
View attachment 1174560
Thanks, @elephas . The catalogue has a wide range, but not that much corporal punishment. I like these here, which could be construed as JCP:

canvas72.jpgcanvas71.jpgcanvas63.jpg

The facial expression in #1 is priceless.

Back
Top Bottom