• farrel-severe-artworks-36.jpg
    farrel-severe-artworks-36.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,535
  • farrel-severe-artworks-37.jpg
    farrel-severe-artworks-37.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,667
Friendlycat (Femalepower)
I knew these drawings
I love the second : the executioner interrupts the ordeal because of the rain : all the spectators went back home.
It will be continued the following day
She is nude and has whip marks on all her body

The caption under the image is "How the desires for freedom had been expelled". In the text is narrated the story of Lola Montez (originally Eliza Gilbert), an Irish actress and dancer who was a favorite of King Ludwig I of Bavaria in 1846-1848. She was made Countess of Landsfeld and used her influence to institute liberal reforms. During the revolutionary situation in 1848 she was deprived of citizenship and expelled from Bavaria. Unfortunately there is nothing about any punishment. Perhaps this image does not correspond to the text.
The explanation must be less complicated : this woman has robbed something. She is sentenced to whipping nude in public. Her hair was cut for whipping.
Germany, beginning of 19th century

I knew these drawings
I love the second : the executioner interrupts the ordeal because of the rain : all the spectators went back home.
It will be continued the following day
She is nude and has whip marks on all her body
It occured exactly so ... )
Maybe it could inspire you to write a little fantasy on this topic?

The explanation must be less complicated : this woman has robbed something. She is sentenced to whipping nude in public. Her hair was cut for whipping.
Germany, beginning of 19th century
A most logical assumption ... But we wanted to know exactly for what she was punished. Unfortunately we have only one page of the text.

A most logical assumption ... But we wanted to know exactly for what she was punished. Unfortunately we have only one page of the text.
The Text have not relationship to the picture.
In the Text only informations over Ludwig II and Lola Montez, not the punishment.

Back
Top Bottom