Modern women prefer women

• Thread starter Deleted member 16647
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
I haven't seen a 5 1/4 floppy disc since 1988.

They were in use into the 90s before being completely wiped out by the 3 1/2, many machines had dual drives.

What about the forgotten format, the 3 inch floppy? Used in the Amstrad PCW 8256 word processor.

Yep. The first computer I used had two slots for them. One for the DOS and one for data.

One for the OS and one for the application you were running, you might have to swap disks if you wanted to save to a different disk or the application had more than one disk and needed something that wasn't in memory. Fun days. These disks would have struggled to hold just one of the pictures on this site.

Why the disk swapping? Because they didn't have a hard disk. I had the option of buying one with a HD in it, 10 megabytes for an additional $400 in late 1980s money. My response was "what would I need that for?"

Just to keep vaguely on topic, here's what my Atari 400 didn't show me:

Computer generated naughty pictures in those days were very basic, and photos were very small, screen resolution has changed enormously over the years. Look at the early pics in my "archive" thread.

Sorry, what was this thread about again? Oh yes . . . .

d6vumwn-92299bd3-2f1b-4d4e-a67c-2d96862dd77f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom