News From Margot

Go to CruxDreams.com
Hello for all, IMHO a movie is a commercial fact that requires investment ($$$) not just words or the hope of some poor fund-raising. Otherwise it's just a game for fans of crucifixions and whipped women. Greetings...
Agreed! That's why I pre-purchased Seditiosa and have bought numerous films from VermeerWorks. Personally, I'm not into just giving money to a for-profit business without getting something in return.

seditiosathepitchfinal.mp4 (720p).mp4 2023.04.17 01.27.34.863.png

I’ll Try To Keep This As Short As Possible

I Come Before You Today...

With A Very Troubled Heart.
And A Very Troubled Mind.

You See, My Friends...

I'm Really...
Like Any Human Being…
I Made My Share Of Mistakes...
And Tried To Learn From Them.

And Over The Last Four Months,
Ever Since The Seditiosa Film Project Fund Drive,
Officially Came To A Close,
I Tried To Help The Seditiosa Woman Jesus Film
In Just About Any Way I Could. .

The Way I Tried To Help The Seditiosa Woman Jesus Film Was Praying
To God Throughout The Lenten Season To Asking The Churches To Pray
Especially Throughout The Lenten Season
And Finally Making Video Ads To Promote The Red Feline Pictures Patreon Page
With The Hope That It Would Help Get Patrons
And Maybe Get Much Needed Funds
For The Seditiosa Woman Jesus
But I’ll Admit With No Success…

I'm Told That Production
Of The Seditiosa Woman Jesus Film
Will Begin In Six Days From Now.

Like A Lot Of People
I’m Looking Forward
To The Seditiosa Woman Jesus Films Release…

Like A Lot Of People
I’m relieved That The Production Of The Seditiosa Woman Jesus Film
Will Be Underway In Six Days From Now.

In Closing

Please...
Join In With Me In Wishing The Best Of Luck
To The Cast And Crew Of The Seditiosa Woman Jesus Film...
Or They Will Put Their Hearts And Souls Into The Seditiosa Woman Jesus Film.
And Will Give It Their All During This Production Phase
Despite Limited Resources And Time.

Margot, nobody is expecting the film to be at the level of a Hollywood production, either in length or scope.

That said, you folks stated you could make the film "like it should be made" with a budget of $25k. It is $5k short of the goal, but at the same time, instead of multiple sites, with a much reduced logistics costs. You have said the 69 film was made for under $2k, and that one had crowd scenes as well.

The recent updates to the film flow also make sense, still provide a true plot, and lessen the production costs at the same time.

The sooner you complete and release the film, the sooner you will get revenue from it. The better the production quality (not to be confused with massive sets, but high level plot, dialog, and film angles), the larger the potential market.

So, when are you actually going to start filming? Has the casting call been done yet? Costumes fitted? Crosses made? You ask for additional support, but at every turn, we get further changes to promised dates and efforts. You might get more support if a film looks like it actually being made.

And here is where the story meets its main obstacle. The budget.

Ben Hur, a film made in the 50’s, had a budget of 15 million dollars. Spartacus came in cheaper, a miserable 12 million dollars, the 1927 King Of Kings cost 1.5 million dollars, while The Last Temptation of Christ cost 30 million dollars and The Passion of The Christ came in at 25 million… The cheapest of them all Jesus Christ Superstar was made with 3 million… yes, only 3 million. What do they have in common? Expensives sets, star actors, elaborate costumes, huge number of extras… and so on. Except for the 3 million musical that relied mostly on natural sets, hippie clothing that the actors probably had in their closets, a few rented prop machine guns, instead of swords, a couple of tanks and a couple of jets flying over which probably was stock footage anyway.

Where am I going with this?

benhurmeetschrist.jpg
I Would Like To Give Some Honorable Mentions To A Few Others Not Mentioned In Such A Statement Like The 1961 Movie King Of Kings That Cost 7 Million Dollars While The Greatest Story Ever Told Released In 1965 Cost 20 Million Dollars The 1977 TV Miniseries Jesus Of Nazareth Cost 45 Million Dollars The Jesus Film Or Jesus For Short, One Released In 1979 Cost 6 Million Dollars And The Other Film With The Same Name Released 20 Years Later In 1999 Cost 17 Million Dollars And Son Of God Released In 2014 Cost 22 Million Dollars

For All The Likes I Got From My Last Address Just Yesterday
I Would Like To Say Thank You Very Much, For All The Likes

There's Been So Many Wonderful Things Said About Me here
Throughout The Corse Of The Seditiosa Film Project Fund Drive
In The Last Two Months Of 2022
About My Efforts To Help Raise Funds For
The Seditiosa Woman Jesus Film.
And For That I Say Thank You For Your Praise
Please Know That Your Doing So Is Never Taken To Granted

I Would Like To Quote Babe Ruth In His Farewell To Baseball Address
’’And If You're Successful, And You Try Hard Enough, You're Bound To Come Out On Top’’

But Yet At The Same Time
There Were People Here That Got Upset
That I Was Asking The Churches
To Pray For The Cast And Crew
Of The Seditiosa Woman Jesus Film.
Especially Throughout The Lenten Season ;
I Asked Them To Pray For The Cast And Crew
Because My Conscience Told Me To, That's All.

I Would Like To Quote Dylan Thomas From One Of His Poems
‘’Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night.
Rage, Rage Against The Dying Of The Light;’’

I Bring This Up Because According To nameberry.com

Yahel The Name To Be Used In The Seditiosa Woman Jesus Film.
Is Both A Boy's Name And A Girl's Name Meaning "To Shine"

I Think Such A Name Is Fitting And Proper
Because Jesus For Whom The Main Character
Yahel Is Based Upon
Said These Words
Spoken Through The Ages In John 8:12
‘’I Am The Light Of The World’’

In Closing, I Would Like To Quote Richard Dawson
From His Farewell Address On His Final Family Feud Show In 1985
‘’If I Never Do Another Thing, I've Met The Good, Sweet People Of The World.’’.

Thank You.

I can't quite tell if the tone is more critical in here or not. But that hardly matters to me. Truthfully, I wanted something that was more substantial than a girl roped on to a cross for twenty minutes. There is a huge missing middle in film making between the no-budget stuff and the "budget measured in millions" movies. This is being done at a fraction of the cost of most "small indie films". The special effects look good. The actress and setting choices have been solid so far. It looks an awful lot like this could be a great step up for us from the (admittedly fantastic) Alex Bald, Makar, and Ramon videos. I think that alone is worth supporting. I also think a little bit of patience is in order. It's done when it's done.

I can't quite tell if the tone is more critical in here or not. But that hardly matters to me. Truthfully, I wanted something that was more substantial than a girl roped on to a cross for twenty minutes. There is a huge missing middle in film making between the no-budget stuff and the "budget measured in millions" movies. This is being done at a fraction of the cost of most "small indie films". The special effects look good. The actress and setting choices have been solid so far. It looks an awful lot like this could be a great step up for us from the (admittedly fantastic) Alex Bald, Makar, and Ramon videos. I think that alone is worth supporting. I also think a little bit of patience is in order. It's done when it's done.
Hear Hear !!

Well said.

For All The Likes I Got From My Last Address Just Yesterday
I Would Like To Say Thank You Very Much, For All The Likes

There's Been So Many Wonderful Things Said About Me here
Throughout The Corse Of The Seditiosa Film Project Fund Drive
In The Last Two Months Of 2022
About My Efforts To Help Raise Funds For
The Seditiosa Woman Jesus Film.
And For That I Say Thank You For Your Praise
Please Know That Your Doing So Is Never Taken To Granted

I Would Like To Quote Babe Ruth In His Farewell To Baseball Address
’’And If You're Successful, And You Try Hard Enough, You're Bound To Come Out On Top’’

But Yet At The Same Time
There Were People Here That Got Upset
That I Was Asking The Churches
To Pray For The Cast And Crew
Especially Throughout The Lenten Season ;
I Asked Them To Pray For The Cast And Crew
Because My Conscience Told Me To, That's All.

I Would Like To Quote Dylan Thomas From One Of His Poems
‘’Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night.
Rage, Rage Against The Dying Of The Light;’’

I Bring This Up Because According To nameberry.com

Yahel The Name To Be Used In The Seditiosa Woman Jesus Film.
Is Both A Boy's Name And A Girl's Name Meaning "To Shine"

I Think Such A Name Is Fitting And Proper
Because Jesus For Whom The Main Character
Yahel Is Based Upon
Said These Words
Spoken Through The Ages In John 8:12
‘’I Am The Light Of The World’’

In Closing, I Would Like To Quote Richard Dawson
From His Farewell Address On His Final Family Feud Show In 1985
‘’If I Never Do Another Thing, I've Met The Good, Sweet People Of The World.’’.

Thank You.
Isn’t there somebody you forgot to thank?

That Ryan,he don't half go on a bit.....(!!) Lol

Margot, nobody is expecting the film to be at the level of a Hollywood production, either in length or scope.

That said, you folks stated you could make the film "like it should be made" with a budget of $25k. It is $5k short of the goal, but at the same time, instead of multiple sites, with a much reduced logistics costs. You have said the 69 film was made for under $2k, and that one had crowd scenes as well.

The recent updates to the film flow also make sense, still provide a true plot, and lessen the production costs at the same time.

The sooner you complete and release the film, the sooner you will get revenue from it. The better the production quality (not to be confused with massive sets, but high level plot, dialog, and film angles), the larger the potential market.

So, when are you actually going to start filming? Has the casting call been done yet? Costumes fitted? Crosses made? You ask for additional support, but at every turn, we get further changes to promised dates and efforts. You might get more support if a film looks like it actually being made.
Margot Said In Her Post Just Two Days Ago That The Great Story Of Yahel Is Now Set To Be Produced In 5 Days From Now
The Quote Below Is An Excerpt From Margot Post Last Sunday
The Great Story of Yahel is now set to be produced in 7 days… yes, 7 days. And the story covers two days in the lives of the Crucified Three.

Margot Said In Her Post Just Two Days Ago That The Great Story Of Yahel Is Now Set To Be Produced In 5 Days From Now
The Quote Below Is An Excerpt From Margot Post Last Sunday
I believe the the statement refers to how may days it will take to film it, not WHEN the will start. She said it will take 3 days for "Act 1", and 3-4 days to complete Acts 2 & 3.

Which is why I am asking yet again when they are actually going to start filming.

As we set on the road to produce Seditiosa, you can help us add some needed cash to our treasure box by watching our films, all of them, beginning now!

You can also join Patreon and get the updates on our projects, with great pictures and videos, here:
https://www.patreon.com/rfpix?fan_landing=true
During the production of Seditiosa we will have exclusive posts, with pictures and videos at our Patreon page. There’s a video of the MakeUp FX Test which is fascinating to watch. It shows, step by step and almost in real time, how the effects were made.

We will also post videos of all the testing we’ll go through, one particular video will be when we build the crosses and we’ll have The Crucified Three becoming acquainted with the positions they will have during their crucifixion.

You can also help by watching our amazing movies over and over again, you just have to get them.

RFPIXDownload.jpg

Download our films!
https://movies.redfeline.com
RFPIXDVDs.jpg

Get our DVDs by mail
https://dvds.redfeline.com
@Margot I’m Financially Strapped And For That Reason, I Cannot Be Watching Your Films
But However, I Might Consider Joining Patreon With The Hope That It Might Help Add Some Needed Cash To Your Treasure Box

I believe the the statement refers to how may days it will take to film it, not WHEN the will start. She said it will take 3 days for "Act 1", and 3-4 days to complete Acts 2 & 3.

Which is why I am asking yet again when they are actually going to start filming.
I Can Recall Reading In One Of Margot's Post A Week Or So Ago
That The Pre-Production Phase Should Be Done By Mid-April
And Now We Are In Mid-April Or Well Past Mid-April

P.S
If I'm Driving Anybody Crazy
With The Post, I Have Been Posting
In This Thread
Over The Past Few Hours Today

Please Forgive Me
I Had No Intention In Do So

Last edited:
The Scourging MakeUp FX Test

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00221021-1024x576.jpg

Last Thursday night came the big test of our talented MakeUp woman. When she arrived she was carrying two big bags which made Jac wonder.

Soon after, our dear Simonne arrived and got ready for the Scourging MakeUp FX Test. Basically what a good scourging will look like. The idea, in Jac’s mind, was that the wounds left by the scourging have to look like cuts skin deep.

The MakeUp woman set up a table, she had her own special light. Put out a lot of stuff on the table and got ready.

Simonne got undressed, down to her panties, she covered them with a loin cloth to better create an atmosphere, Jac set her up on her cross and proceeded to whip her some, just to give an idea to Keymi, that’s the MakeUp artist’s name, what will be happening.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00003810-1-1024x576.jpg

After Simonne was flogged she put herself in the hands of the artist who proceeded to mark her back with deep cuts from the heavy lashing.

Keymi took what looked like a white cloth and put it on Simonne’s back, on the area where she was going to make the FX. It covered a large part of the naked back. Not all of it. For the purposes of the test it was fine. Jac thought at first that the cloth like material was something like a pattern and that it was going to be removed; but no, it was going to be transformed into Simonne’s skin.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00031412-1024x576.jpg

After half an hour work Jac saw the beginning of the results, he was impressed. The previously white material was now indistinguishable from Simonne’s skin and the ‘cuts’ were pretty impressive.

When the work was done Jac was very happy with the results. Simonne was equally impressed, she asked Jac to take a picture of her back with her cel so she could send the picture to her mother.

SeditiosMKUFXTestScreen-Shot20230414080813-1024x578.png

Although there will be more work done during the shooting of those scenes, the basic idea was there and it looked awesome, to say the least.

Jac asked Simonne to carry a crossbar on her shoulders to see the effects, she did, she walked a bit and it was amazing.

Jac did not give any directions to Keymi as to what he wanted, exactly. All he asked was for the MakeUp woman to create the effects of the lash that cut the skin of poor Yahel and that’s what our dear lady did and did it exceedingly well.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00254208-1024x576.jpg

After the work, Jac talked about what he will need in the actual shooting, the kind of details, not to mention the FX during the crucifixion, the crowning and after going over those points, the meeting was over that was that.

The test took around 45 minutes, that’s the time it will take for each of the Crucified Three. The touches and details it will need after the basic work is done take very short time. So, it’s looking good.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00244206-1-1024x576.jpg

There are some ideas going through Jac’s brain, some of which might be a bit too difficult for Simonne, so there will be the need to first test those sparks of genius at the location and under the actual work conditions, to see if she can handle it.

The traditional scourging is with the person tied to a post. Beginning from that basic concept, Jac is getting creative.

The first issue was where will it happen. In a dungeon? In a yard? In some kind of stable where they keep the horses?

That became somewhat clear after Jac studied the location and it’s different areas. The Dungeon possibility is the less likely, the ‘Stable’ type of area is the more likely but the spaces are kind of small, so he’s thinking outside the ‘stables’

SeditiosaLocation03052355.jpeg

One idea is that there are two posts in the “stable” area, one big and the other half that size. Magdalena would be suspended on the first one, facing it and maybe totally naked.

After Magdalena’s lashing, Judith will be tied to both, the big and the small posts, arms spread to the sides, one high up and the other one lower, a very unusual, stressful and very uncomfortable position. At this point you have two victims scourged, both in full view.

Yahel is brought in, she sees her two friends all bloody and half dead, she’s chained to the small post where she is scourged until she falls on her knees. Her feet are pulled back and raised, she’s suspended facing the ground and the scourging continues, she’s turned around and it goes on.

At the end all three of them will be in view in very odd positions.

That’s one idea Jac is playing with and it will be tested.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00204308-1024x576.jpg

wanttoknowmore: Margot, nobody is expecting the film to be at the level of a Hollywood production, either in length or scope.

That said, you folks stated you could make the film “like it should be made” with a budget of $25k. It is $5k short of the goal, but at the same time, instead of multiple sites, with a much reduced logistics costs. You have said the 69 film was made for under $2k, and that one had crowd scenes as well.

You can’t speak for everyone. We don’t know what people expect. Some might expect to see 50 rabbis, all well dressed, Passion of the Christ style. A legion of Roman Soldiers, hundreds of extras… and so on. But maybe not. I just want to make clear to people who follow my rantings, and not just here, but in a bunch of places, what to expect, as far as the production.

69 had crowd scenes, sure, but we didn’t have to transport them, dress them, feed them for many days. No, they just showed up at the club the two or three nights we were shooting those scenes, they were there and then they were gone. They didn’t get paid. They were there for the fun. Almost all of them signed up for Seditiosa.

wanttoknowmore: The recent updates to the film flow also make sense, still provide a true plot, and lessen the production costs at the same time.

We don’t doubt that the film will have an appeal, although our experience with Martyr was not what we expected. A film like Maleficarum and Justine are the big sellers and if you look at them, 80% of the film is torture and more torture… and more torture. 20% are the transition scenes with some dialogue, some cuteness and so on. Seditiosa has a third of the story without torture at all… then comes the arrest, the scourging, the sentencing, the carrying of the logs, the crucifixion… not exactly 80% of torture and more torture and a variety of tortures. It’s just your typical crucifixion drama as recounted on the gospels.

wanttoknowmore: So, when are you actually going to start filming? Has the casting call been done yet? Costumes fitted? Crosses made? You ask for additional support, but at every turn, we get further changes to promised dates and efforts. You might get more support if a film looks like it actually being made.

In practical terms the production has begun. The cast is all complete, 58 of them, men and women, different ages but mostly young, which is ok. Most of the roles have been assigned, some are going to be settled soon and the rest will simply be extras.

There will be a couple of meetings these days for costume fitting and scheduling for the cast and crew, not all actors have to be in the set the whole time.

The transportation has been arranged, a big bus will take everyone except part of the crew to the location. Part of the crew are going in a different van with the equipment.

The crosses will be set up when the actual shooting starts. Everything needed is in place.

Having said that, the team no longer responds to suggestions, questions, pressures. They are only responding to the needs of the production from now on. Taking care of all those perky details.

That is what dictates the time frame, the day, the hour, the very moment when the cameras start rolling; and this is the time when our team goes into a retreat from public exposure for many reasons, the main one, we don’t want disturbances when the filming starts.

When we did Barbazul and Olalla, all the public announcements came days after the filming began. In most cases the news come out after the film is done and the post production begins, to promote the new film.

We will have a press release announcing that we’re making the film without any details, not even what the story is, just mentioning that is set around the year 30 AD

In the case of Seditiosa we can’t show pictures of the cast right now because they are just about to sign their contracts and releases.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00020112-1024x576.jpg

Ryan Potochnik: I Can Recall Reading In One Of Margot’s Post A Week Or So Ago That The Pre-Production Phase Should Be Done By Mid-April And Now We Are In Mid-April Or Well Past Mid-April

The pre-production phase is done, we’re now in the production phase of the project, preparing the actors, going over their lines, the demands of their roles, all those perky details, each with its own demands.

Producing a film does not consist of going to the set one day and scream “action!”

No, there are lots of preparations to set everything so when the director calls to action everything works perfectly. It not always happens that way, no matter how much you prepare, but sometimes it does.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00263003-1-1024x576.jpg

Ryan Potochnik: @Margot I’m Financially Strapped And For That Reason, I Cannot Be Watching Your Films But However, I Might Consider Joining Patreon With The Hope That It Might Help Add Some Needed Cash To Your Treasure Box

You recently sent a postcard, of your own creation, to Jac. He kind of liked it and shared it with Amy with a little joke. “We could sell mugs with this picture to raise funds“. Amy responded “that’s not a bad idea“.

What do you think? I agree with Jac that it is a very nice, creative work and it could serve a purpose.

YahelEstampada.jpeg

I’d like to make something very clear. When I talk about raising funds is just the normal thing to do. We have 20,000 dollars to make the movie. Well, a lot less than that now, because we’re already spending it in the production and I know that by the end of next week there will be less than half of that and it will be all gone before we finish the production.

The actual budget of the film, as it is now, is over 50,000 dollars. Most of the costs are deferred, always, with any of our films. Those deferred costs are paid, little by little, throughout the first year of the film’s release, if at all. Olalla covered its costs just recently and it is now making money. It was a very expensive film, with lots of extras, costumes, far away locations…. right, just like Seditiosa.

So, when I ask for support, I’m simply encouraging people to watch our movies so the cash can be flowing constantly. It’s nice to sell our films, our bank account relishes every penny that goes in and we cry every time we have to withdraw it.

Most of our earnings go to make more movies, to pay our actresses so they will be willing to do some heavy suffering for your enjoyment and beginning now they will be entering a new dimension of suffering the agonies of the cross, all naked and in front of a bunch of people. They deserve what they get… And I mean the compensation for their suffering.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00124710-1024x576.jpg

So, go ahead and jump on the wagon to take this film to its amazing finale… and you can do that by watching our movies with amazing finales, all them end in nasty crucifixions, you should see them…

You can also join Patreon and get the updates on our projects, with great pictures and videos, here:

During the production of Seditiosa we will have exclusive posts, with pictures and videos at our Patreon page. There’s a video of the MakeUp FX Test which is fascinating to watch. It shows, step by step and almost in real time, how the effects were made.

We will also post videos of all the testing we’ll go through, one particular video will be when we build the crosses and we’ll have The Crucified Three becoming acquainted with the positions they will have during their crucifixion.

You can also help by watching our amazing movies over and over again, you just have to get them

RFPIXDownload.jpg

Download our films!

RFPIXDVDs.jpg

Get our DVDs by mail

You recently sent a postcard, of your own creation, to Jac. He kind of liked it and shared it with Amy with a little joke. “We could sell mugs with this picture to raise funds“. Amy responded “that’s not a bad idea“.

What do you think? I agree with Jac that it is a very nice, creative work and it could serve a purpose.

YahelEstampada.jpeg
@Margot In Response To Your Question I Think It's A Great Idea To Make A Mug From A Postcard I Sent Jac Avila For Easter You And Pachamama Films Have My Permission To Use Such To A Postcard To Help Raise Funds Because Its The Very Least I Can Do To Help Raise Funds

I've got a good feeling that this will turn into a marvelous project. The pieces have started to come together. The scourging FX is better than mine, hahahaha. The actresses are gorgeous. 60-70% torture is a great ratio. And we have not seen a proper Golgotha with three women nailed to the cross on film! Even ten minutes of that would be priceless to me. Consider my preorder now doubly confirmed (as if there was ever any doubt :p ). And I will reveal that the current series I am working on right now in my own thread, featuring "Yeza" is hitting an awful lot of the same beats, and it is no coincidence!

No doubt some will skip the opening and go directly to the crux scene, but I think the lead up will pay off in ant theater releases - as in a true cinema event not just a S&M film.

I think the problem with the Martyr film was it was a bit too chopped up - just didn't flow well - and the climaxing crux scene was a bit underwhelming. From what you have shared of the script so far, that does not look like it will be an issue with this film.

The Scourging MakeUp FX Test

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00221021-1024x576.jpg

Last Thursday night came the big test of our talented MakeUp woman. When she arrived she was carrying two big bags which made Jac wonder.

Soon after, our dear Simonne arrived and got ready for the Scourging MakeUp FX Test. Basically what a good scourging will look like. The idea, in Jac’s mind, was that the wounds left by the scourging have to look like cuts skin deep.

The MakeUp woman set up a table, she had her own special light. Put out a lot of stuff on the table and got ready.

Simonne got undressed, down to her panties, she covered them with a loin cloth to better create an atmosphere, Jac set her up on her cross and proceeded to whip her some, just to give an idea to Keymi, that’s the MakeUp artist’s name, what will be happening.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00003810-1-1024x576.jpg

After Simonne was flogged she put herself in the hands of the artist who proceeded to mark her back with deep cuts from the heavy lashing.

Keymi took what looked like a white cloth and put it on Simonne’s back, on the area where she was going to make the FX. It covered a large part of the naked back. Not all of it. For the purposes of the test it was fine. Jac thought at first that the cloth like material was something like a pattern and that it was going to be removed; but no, it was going to be transformed into Simonne’s skin.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00031412-1024x576.jpg

After half an hour work Jac saw the beginning of the results, he was impressed. The previously white material was now indistinguishable from Simonne’s skin and the ‘cuts’ were pretty impressive.

When the work was done Jac was very happy with the results. Simonne was equally impressed, she asked Jac to take a picture of her back with her cel so she could send the picture to her mother.

SeditiosMKUFXTestScreen-Shot20230414080813-1024x578.png

Although there will be more work done during the shooting of those scenes, the basic idea was there and it looked awesome, to say the least.

Jac asked Simonne to carry a crossbar on her shoulders to see the effects, she did, she walked a bit and it was amazing.

Jac did not give any directions to Keymi as to what he wanted, exactly. All he asked was for the MakeUp woman to create the effects of the lash that cut the skin of poor Yahel and that’s what our dear lady did and did it exceedingly well.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00254208-1024x576.jpg

After the work, Jac talked about what he will need in the actual shooting, the kind of details, not to mention the FX during the crucifixion, the crowning and after going over those points, the meeting was over that was that.

The test took around 45 minutes, that’s the time it will take for each of the Crucified Three. The touches and details it will need after the basic work is done take very short time. So, it’s looking good.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00244206-1-1024x576.jpg

There are some ideas going through Jac’s brain, some of which might be a bit too difficult for Simonne, so there will be the need to first test those sparks of genius at the location and under the actual work conditions, to see if she can handle it.

The traditional scourging is with the person tied to a post. Beginning from that basic concept, Jac is getting creative.

The first issue was where will it happen. In a dungeon? In a yard? In some kind of stable where they keep the horses?

That became somewhat clear after Jac studied the location and it’s different areas. The Dungeon possibility is the less likely, the ‘Stable’ type of area is the more likely but the spaces are kind of small, so he’s thinking outside the ‘stables’

SeditiosaLocation03052355.jpeg

One idea is that there are two posts in the “stable” area, one big and the other half that size. Magdalena would be suspended on the first one, facing it and maybe totally naked.

After Magdalena’s lashing, Judith will be tied to both, the big and the small posts, arms spread to the sides, one high up and the other one lower, a very unusual, stressful and very uncomfortable position. At this point you have two victims scourged, both in full view.

Yahel is brought in, she sees her two friends all bloody and half dead, she’s chained to the small post where she is scourged until she falls on her knees. Her feet are pulled back and raised, she’s suspended facing the ground and the scourging continues, she’s turned around and it goes on.

At the end all three of them will be in view in very odd positions.

That’s one idea Jac is playing with and it will be tested.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00204308-1024x576.jpg

You can’t speak for everyone. We don’t know what people expect. Some might expect to see 50 rabbis, all well dressed, Passion of the Christ style. A legion of Roman Soldiers, hundreds of extras… and so on. But maybe not. I just want to make clear to people who follow my rantings, and not just here, but in a bunch of places, what to expect, as far as the production.

69 had crowd scenes, sure, but we didn’t have to transport them, dress them, feed them for many days. No, they just showed up at the club the two or three nights we were shooting those scenes, they were there and then they were gone. They didn’t get paid. They were there for the fun. Almost all of them signed up for Seditiosa.

We don’t doubt that the film will have an appeal, although our experience with Martyr was not what we expected. A film like Maleficarum and Justine are the big sellers and if you look at them, 80% of the film is torture and more torture… and more torture. 20% are the transition scenes with some dialogue, some cuteness and so on. Seditiosa has a third of the story without torture at all… then comes the arrest, the scourging, the sentencing, the carrying of the logs, the crucifixion… not exactly 80% of torture and more torture and a variety of tortures. It’s just your typical crucifixion drama as recounted on the gospels.

In practical terms the production has begun. The cast is all complete, 58 of them, men and women, different ages but mostly young, which is ok. Most of the roles have been assigned, some are going to be settled soon and the rest will simply be extras.

There will be a couple of meetings these days for costume fitting and scheduling for the cast and crew, not all actors have to be in the set the whole time.

The transportation has been arranged, a big bus will take everyone except part of the crew to the location. Part of the crew are going in a different van with the equipment.

The crosses will be set up when the actual shooting starts. Everything needed is in place.

Having said that, the team no longer responds to suggestions, questions, pressures. They are only responding to the needs of the production from now on. Taking care of all those perky details.

That is what dictates the time frame, the day, the hour, the very moment when the cameras start rolling; and this is the time when our team goes into a retreat from public exposure for many reasons, the main one, we don’t want disturbances when the filming starts.

When we did Barbazul and Olalla, all the public announcements came days after the filming began. In most cases the news come out after the film is done and the post production begins, to promote the new film.

We will have a press release announcing that we’re making the film without any details, not even what the story is, just mentioning that is set around the year 30 AD

In the case of Seditiosa we can’t show pictures of the cast right now because they are just about to sign their contracts and releases.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00020112-1024x576.jpg

The pre-production phase is done, we’re now in the production phase of the project, preparing the actors, going over their lines, the demands of their roles, all those perky details, each with its own demands.

Producing a film does not consist of going to the set one day and scream “action!”

No, there are lots of preparations to set everything so when the director calls to action everything works perfectly. It not always happens that way, no matter how much you prepare, but sometimes it does.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00263003-1-1024x576.jpg

YahelEstampada.jpeg

I’d like to make something very clear. When I talk about raising funds is just the normal thing to do. We have 20,000 dollars to make the movie. Well, a lot less than that now, because we’re already spending it in the production and I know that by the end of next week there will be less than half of that and it will be all gone before we finish the production.

The actual budget of the film, as it is now, is over 50,000 dollars. Most of the costs are deferred, always, with any of our films. Those deferred costs are paid, little by little, throughout the first year of the film’s release, if at all. Olalla covered its costs just recently and it is now making money. It was a very expensive film, with lots of extras, costumes, far away locations…. right, just like Seditiosa.

So, when I ask for support, I’m simply encouraging people to watch our movies so the cash can be flowing constantly. It’s nice to sell our films, our bank account relishes every penny that goes in and we cry every time we have to withdraw it.

Most of our earnings go to make more movies, to pay our actresses so they will be willing to do some heavy suffering for your enjoyment and beginning now they will be entering a new dimension of suffering the agonies of the cross, all naked and in front of a bunch of people. They deserve what they get… And I mean the compensation for their suffering.

SeditiosaMakeUpFXTest_00124710-1024x576.jpg

So, go ahead and jump on the wagon to take this film to its amazing finale… and you can do that by watching our movies with amazing finales, all them end in nasty crucifixions, you should see them…

You can also help by watching our amazing movies over and over again, you just have to get them

RFPIXDownload.jpg

Download our films!

RFPIXDVDs.jpg

Get our DVDs by mail

Excellent report Margot, thanks! Good to hear that the production is now getting momentum! The initial pictures you posted looks promising!

Let's all facilitate Yahels final walk to the cross! Support the production as M proposes, Patreon and buy existing films. Most importantly, spread the message to the world! :) P.S: Good luck![

Back
Top Bottom