News From Margot

Go to CruxDreams.com
Mila In A World Of Pain

DeepCoverMoleSc07_0707_00060405-1024x576.jpg

As the month of April approaches its end, so does the production of Deep Cover Mole. This past week the tireless Red Feline Team got together for, again, only two days of production, that seems to be the standard lately. There’s always something happening; either someone becomes satanic, or it’s a Good Friday, like the week before, or the star of the film just runs into something or other that prevents her from getting to the set to be thoroughly tortured.

Fortunately the shooting days of the previous and this past week were very productive. Jac took Mila into a world of renewed pain, in many different ways, completing, as of this writing, 8 sequences of the film and setting things up for the 9th.

DeepCoverMoleSc07_0706_00041620-1024x576.jpg

Each of those sequences put on display one or two ghastly tortures, one more horrifying than the previous one and each of those dreadful torments leading to the final hair rising and indescribable madness which is fast approaching but not fast enough.

One comment Jac had when he sent the pictures, lots of them, is that when he was going through all the material to select the and organize the shots for the film, all 334 minutes of selected material, he thought that:

Mila’s performance under the whip is nothing short of a Dance of Pain. She looks so beautiful, of course, and her beauty and expressive face and body are simply divine.

I totally believe him!!

DeepCoverMoleSc08_0709_00203903-1024x576.jpg

The plan as of now is to complete the production of Deep Cover Mole next week. Jac needs two days, three at the most to finish it and he has to get ready for what is coming his way after he’s done with the film.

He mentioned that Dani, as the new associate producer for at least three films, set up for the two of them to travel to a far away city, all expenses paid by the authorities of said city, to look at possible locations for a new movie. The city is a few hours away by car and they will spend three days in the area looking at what the city and its surroundings have to offer. It’s in the middle of the tropics, a few kilometers away from the location where Amy and Jac shot Perils of Jane.

PerilsOfJane01Trailer02-low.gif

DougiePX Went to the website and didn’t find Agent Honey Trap. When will it be available?

The production of Agent Honey Trap was recently completed. The film is in post production now, along with other two new films.

I’ll be announcing the progress of those productions as always.

AgentHoneyTrapSc06_0671_00171809-1024x576.jpg

Eda Chang (Asiangirl342333). I have been away for a number of years and just returned to say hello and wish my fellow GIMPers well.

I noticed this post: ” There’s even a script by Eda Chang as a possibility.” Interesting. Was not aware of that. I discussed a possible script with Amy probably 5 years ago but never heard more. I wonder if that is the one referenced.

Hello Eda, very glad to have you back!

Unfortunately it was more than 5 years ago. Amy moved back to the US at the very end of 2015, that’s almost 7 years ago, time flies and we’re getting old.

If I’m not mistaken Amy and Jac were discussing your script just before they produced Dead But Dreaming, that would be in 2012, right after Maleficarum was release. That makes it 10 years… where did time go?

As you know, after Dead But Dreaming they produced the big features Olalla, Pygmalion and Justine.

The films I was discussing in previous posts are Agent Honey Trap and Deep Cover Mole, a two part project where Dani and Mila suffer the consequences of their misdeeds.

These two films are the small kind. Jac returned to make those after Amy left for the US.

I believe your script required the big production treatment. Again, I’m very glad you are back!

DeepCoverMoleSc07_0705_00042611-1024x576.jpg

Many projects are on the waiting list and Jac is recruiting Mila to help with the post production. That is after they are done with the production of Deep Cover Mole.

Red Feline Pictures and Pachamama Films will both go into a month of re-organization for the work of the rest of the year and even beyond. With Deep Cover Mole, the cycle of small productions that began with CruXtreme I will come to an ed and a new cycle of big productions will begin with either La Femme De Chambre or 69 Année Érotique. At least that’s Jac’s intention and I, and the rest of us in the production company, will know soon what are the new plans.

The End Of The Torments Is ….

DeepCoverMoleSc10_0711_00013712-1024x576.jpg

Another week has passed and Jac got closer to complete the production of Deep Cover Mole, unfortunately Mila was sick on Wednesday; but she was able to show up on Thursday to continue her suffering under increasingly heavy torture, which made Jac very happy.

The plan was to finish the film the next day, Friday, but Mila had what she described as a decaida, which means that her cold, or whatever it is she had, was back and so the shooting was postponed to Wednesday of next week. It will be the last day of shooting for this film, unless Jac wants Mila to suffer a lot more.

DeepCoverMoleSc09_0710_00103120-1024x576.jpg

On Thursday the tireless but sometimes sick team worked on the transition from the 9th to the 10th sequence, with plenty of shots of two different nasty tortures. Friday was going to be totally dedicated to the final sequence of the film with the intention to celebrate in good form after they were done, as they normally do when they wrap a film. They were already having some good Havana Club Añejo Rum on ice.

Jac was looking forward to Friday, not only because The Naughty Threesome was going to finish the shooting of the new film, but because Jac had a dinner date for that evening with a very, very pretty lady. None of it happened. Big let down for the man. Both events were postponed.

DeepCoverMoleSc10_0712_00130402-1024x576.jpg

Jac was/is already planning the month of May, which, incidentally, is Amy’s month, her birthday is on the 3rd.

Jac’s plan for May is to work in many fronts. He wants to begin the pre-production of two or three films. This work involves transforming the set, changing the floors, painting some rooms, moving things around, dismantling the dungeon where all the most recent films took place, beginning with Mila A La Croix and Monxa Mala and culminating with Deep Cover Mole, that’s a total of 10 films plus all the testing and try outs for Monxa Mala, many of them, which are little films in themselves.

DeepCoverMoleSc08_0709_00255113-1024x576.jpg

With the completion of Deep Cover Mole, the new cycle of the two or three cast and crew movie making will come to an end.

Red Feline Pictures and Pachamama Films, which are almost the same but they are not, will turned their full time attention to big production value feature films, which includes La Femme De Chambre if it happens, there are some doubts about that film for some reason.

Most of the work for the rest of this year will go to the production of 69 Anée Érotique, Aventura and Maleficarum Excruciati. It will involve a fundraising campaign for Maleficarum Excruciati because it is a very expensive proposition which, from what I heard, it involves an amazing BATS scene where two of the protagonist will have a fiery end. The film will have many incredible torture scenes involving very elaborate props, a variety of nasty torture instruments, a large cast and great locations. The production of Maleficarum Excruciati might involve traveling to a different city, near to where part of Olalla was shot, to get the nice colonial look the film needs. That city was visited by Amy and Jac before, where they took a bunch of pictures because it was a possible location for some films.

LaGlorieta7668.jpg

As part of the work, Jac and Dani will be traveling in the middle of May to Caranavi to look at locations for Aventura and maybe some other film. Caranavi is in the tropics.

I have a nice anecdote about this area. Way back in ’94 Jac and Camille decided to hitch their way up to Alto Beni, the same area where years later Jac would work in the now award winning documentary he worked on in 2016 though 2018 about the Jaguars, but that’s another story.

In ’94 Jac and Camille were on the road to that Palos Blancos, Alto Beni, a 20 hour trip by car, and they were hitching. At one point they had to wait until the dirt road was cleared because there were some serious landslides.

CoroicoAltoBeni94012-1024x690.jpg

Once the road was cleared, they were on their way. The pickup truck that picked up the couple took them part of the way and left them in the area known as Caranavi, which in Jac’s view was not very pretty, in fact it was ugly, but it was late afternoon so they decided to camp there for the night.

They very young looking couple looked for a place near the river, but the river front was full of giant spiders and snakes, not camping friendly at all, so they walked away from the river and they found a nice flat terrain somewhere between the river and the mountainous jungle where they set up their tent.

Their camp was near the town. There were some competing sounds going on that night. At one end, an evangelical church with incredibly noisy singing, almost next to it a discotheque with equally noisy music and then, to top it all, the bugs and frogs of the night celebrating with incredibly loud chirping. Eventually the sexy couple managed to go to sleep, only to be woken up in the morning by a guy screaming his head off. Get out! Get out! Get out!… the man, a young soldier, screamed at them in total urgency and panic.

Camille and Jac practically jumped out of the tent as the soldier proceeded to pull the tent away and to push both of them out of their camping area, which was a landing strip! An airplane, a Cessna, was just about to land, on top of them… if it wasn’t for the soldier.

Jac took a picture of the landing plane.

CoroicoAltoBeni94013-1024x677.jpg

After that harrowing experience and some coffee in the ugly town, Jac and Camille were on their way to Palos Blancos, where they were going to spend a couple of days before returning home by bus, a 20 hr trip plus. They sat in the back of the bus, the guy next to them had a big wicker basket full of …. live snakes.

CoroicoAltoBeni94017-1024x688.jpg

Dani and Jac will be heading to that famous area, all expenses paid by the office of tourism of the zone, to see what they have to offer. A three day excursion into the tropics, the first trip for Jac since his travels to Zurich, back in 2019, where he went to show his NatGeo film, Outbreak, about an epidemic, to an audience of experts in epidemics. During the discussions after the screening Jac was asked if he thought anything like what is in the film could ever happen again. Jac responded, it’s not a matter of if, but when and I think it will be happening soon.

One year later, to the date, Jac went into lockdown, along with the rest of Bolivia, joining the rest of the world because the worst planetary pandemic in recent history.

CoroicoAltoBeni94023-682x1024.jpg

The Caranavi Palos Blancos adventure was sometime before the famous couple create Red Feline Pictures and around the time they started doing some rehearsals for a crucifixion. I think they shot one of the videos during that trip.

The month of May will be the beginning of a new cycle of work, with at lest 6 feature films planned to be produced, as well as 2 TV series and 3 documentaries. There are eleven films, either completed or in post production, on the line to be released during the year and beyond, three of those films theatrically. So… as scary as it sounds, that’s a lot of work ahead for our team. Ah, and there’s plenty of room for some improvisation as well. Like, what if Jac decides to torture Dani, in the jungle, during their three day trip… just to test the locations… who knows.

We're celebrating Amy's Birthday Today!

And this month marks the Ten Year Anniversary of Maleficarum having a theatrical release.

I posted on the GIMP site back then a nice and long post about it, which might be in the archives, but it used to be in our site before we run into problems. I reposted it there yesterday, as part of my work of rebuilding the site and I thought it would be good I share it as well to mark the anniversary and to celebrate Amy who is having fun today.

So, without further due, here it is:

Maleficarum goes mainstream

MaleficarumPremiere1632.jpeg

When one sits at a mall and sees TV screens all over the place showing the movies playing in the 20 screening rooms there, one knows that the movies in those screens are all mainstream and mostly Hollywood. So…

It was Tuesday the 8th, a day after the premiere, the city was paralysed by a strike and blockade of the transport people who want to do whatever they want, when Amy and Jac decided to walk all the way to the mall where Maleficarum was scheduled to open on the 10th (today) Off they went with copies of the movie, to deliver them to the theater, the reason for their long, very long, over an hour walk there. Downhill, luckily. The problem was the return, uphill.. but that’s another story for another time, maybe.

It was a sunny and pleasant day. The advantage of not having cars ruining the city is that the air is better, there’s no noise pollution, … it’s simply nice.

So, after the long walk the couple arrived to deliver the film. The first thing they noticed is the big banner of [color=#BF8040]Maleficarum[/color] along side banners of the Hollywood movies like The Avengers and Lady in Black.

Jac delivered the copies of the film at the office and a woman waiting for someone asks: Are you the filmmaker that made that movie? She requests info, e mail, website address…she wants to learn more, she wants to see the film.

After delivering the movie, Amy and Jac decided to have some coffee in one of the coffee places in the mall, there are three or four of them so, they sit at a nice table to have their coffee. Expresso for Amy, Cappuccino for Jac. They are having their coffee when they hear a recognizable scream. Is Amy, screaming at the top of her lungs as the flames reach her face. It is the trailer of Maleficarum on the many screens at the mall, in all three stories of stores, shops, restaurants, supermarkets and even a giant screen at the entrance of the mall. The mall is giant, it’s aptly named MegaCenter for its bigness, the biggest in Bolivia and some say most of South America.

And there it is, Amy being tortured and raped, Mila Branded, Both whipped and beaten and even making out … everyone can see. If that’s not mainstream I don’t know what it is.

MaleficarumCineCenterLPZ.jpg

There was a PREMIERE.

Jac thought he might have to cancel it because there was no way of going anywhere except by walking and a lot of the invited press and guests were calling to tell that they could not make it. Jac had some discussions with the person in charge at the movie theater and decided to proceed with the premiere but he managed to convince the theater that all the guests who could not make it were going to be able to use their invitations the day of the opening.

In his heart of hearths Jac braced himself hoping that some people might make it to the premiere.

There he was, waiting at the theater, talking to Amy and Beto at a table when the first people started to trickle in. But Mila wasn’t there yet. Oh the stress. At one point Jac asked Miguel to take some pictures when suddenly Mila appeared coming down the escalators, all dressed up. So Amy, Mila and Jac stood in front of the banner and Miguel started taking pictures, when all of a sudden a lot of people pulled out their phones, iPhones, cameras and voila, it looked like Hollywood with dozens of photographers taking pictures of the beautiful stars and the director. Flashes here, flashes there, crowds gathering to see what the big deal was and the big deal was the two stars of the movie and the director attracting the photographers.

MaleficarumPremiere1616.jpg

It was clear, at that moment, that the crowd gathering at the theater were there for Maleficarum, and it was a large crowd. There was space for 250 people in the screening room and before that moment everybody thought that it was going to be empty… but no… it filled up and to our people’s amazement some of the actors brought their parents, grand parents and even some children… yes, a couple of kids were there for the show and THEY WERE LET IN!…

Amy was tense, so was Jac and not to mention Mila who had been under a lot of stress just thinking that a lot of her friends and family were going to see her like they never saw her before… naked.

The lights went out, the film began. Everyone was quiet. And there it was…. the movie, playing to a large audience and on a big screen and it looked good, really good.

MaleficarumPremiere1610.jpg

What can be said? It was wonderful. When the film ended and the crowd broke in a big applause Jac knew he didn’t have to worry anymore, Amy had a huge smile and Mila was amazingly relieved. The crew and cast present were certainly proud, there were smiles all over the place.

Mila’s sister was very proud of her and told her so. Mila was beaming, so was Amy. As people left the screening room they walked up to Jac and Amy who could no longer move as people wanted to shake their hands to congratulate them for a job well done.

Later that night a few of the crew and cast plus a couple of friends went to Jac and Amy’s house for a little get together that turned into a drinking party.

The comments after the screening were great. One woman said that Maleficarum dwarfed The Passion of the Christ and Saw, that it was veeeeeery strong. The most used terms were “powerful” “courageous” “daring” and so on. There are no negative comments… yet. We’re expecting them to come from the critics.

The entire cast is very, very proud of being part of this movie. That was Jac’s worry, that they were going to feel used or something. But no, they are taking their friends and relatives to the big opening today.

MaleficarumPremiere1624.jpg

Today is the big opening in three cities, four screens and at all kinds of hours, plenty of chance for anyone to see it. It’s the big day for Maleficarum, one no one in our world foresaw. Maleficarum went mainstream and we’re proud of it. Everyone can anticipate the reception to Barbazul and Dead But Dreaming now.

MaleficarumHorariosLPZ.jpg

And of course, there’s the press. We’re recieving an acceptable coverage, althought a bit slow in coming. There are some interviews on TV, some news reports, and so on. Not a lot of radio yet. The interviews are all different. The first one, that you all saw already, was short and funny.

Ralphus: Found this new video on Amy’s channel on YouTube. It’s Jac and Amy being interviewed in Spanish by a blonde TV hostess showing lots of cleavage who botches Amy’s name and towers over both of them because she’s wearing big spiked heels. I couldn’t understand a word of it except when they said the name “Maleficarum” about a dozen times. You get to see the Spanish language trailer for the movie while they’re being interviewed.

BTW, the Spanish captions over top of the trailer read: More than one hundred thousand women were condemned, tortured and executed by the Inquisition in Europe and the Americas …

… this is the story of two of them.

Thank you, Google Translate!

Now Jac and Amy, you found Mila, who had never acted before, while she was working in a doctor’s office. I’ve just discovered the star of your next movie, and she’s already got experience on camera! I think you need to sign up the bimbette in the pink dress!

Well, I don’t think she has the talent we need. But we expect a lot of people to come knocking on our doors for a juicy role in one of our productions.

After that interview Jac and Amy had a second one, that was actually better. Amy was a bit more awake and could discuss the movie rather than respond to questions with monosyllables.

The funny part of this interview is that the host of the program had a coughing fit every time Jac was answering some question, and it was distracting and sometimes upsetting, specially for Beto who could not hear his name mentioned because of the cough. But it was a better interview.

There was also a third interview in a Catholic TV station, the host is apparently a priest, but it was the best interview before the premiere. It happened the day of the premiere. The questions were nice, the Maleficarum clip they requested in advance was actually re-edited so the bit where Mila and Amy are making out is not shown, but the beatings, burning, etc, are. Go figure.

This time there were four being interviewed. Jac, Amy, Mila (her first interview ever) and Eric the torturer.

It was good, specially because the discussion centered on the inquisition itself. Good one.

There are also some interesting written press items, appearing one at a time, which is good because the coverage will continue throughout the week and the next. More TV interviews will be appearing today, tomorrow, and for the rest of the week. We’re getting a lot of attention, that’s for sure. This in one of the reports.

Maleficarum0903.jpg

This period of time, this crazy period of time, will be over in a couple of weeks. The film won’t be playing more than two weeks, that’s a certainty. The places where it is playing are commercial movie houses with tight programming, lots of new releases, so we are given the same treatment as Hollywood. The only thing that can change that is if there’s a massive response to the movie which doesn’t normally happens here, most people wait for the pirate DVD, sad to say.

Maleficarum0971.jpg

John Galt: Margot: Thanks for another enjoyable post with illustrations. I always like hearing the “inside scoop” on the doings of Red Feline, past, present and future. I am very interested in hearing about the reaction to the theatrical release of Maleficarum.
I personally think it was a good idea for JJ to edit the movie for theatrical release for just the reasons you mentioned. So my question is, when it comes to ordering the movie in the future, will there be a “GIMP Release” and a “General Audience Release?” There will definitely be folks who want the all-torture all-the-time approach (most of the readers of this forum, I suspect), but surely there will be others who want the more tightly edited version. Please be sure to clarify which version is which. It was also pretty cool to read that Ralphus is getting his own re-edited fire scenes.
I will refrain from weighing in on the reality vs fantasy discussion, except to say that I’m sure it resembles a sliding scale with extremes that are well-defined but a lengthy continuum that is highly subjective. Logically, though, any fantasy that is acted out has become a reality to a certain extent simply by virtue of having been done. The dividing line is all in the mind.

The “Theatrical” version of the movie will be released as well and it will be clearly noted in our stores. It will be made available in larger markets like Amazon.com, where the original version won’t be available.

The ‘fantasy vs reality’ discussion will have to be on hold for the time being. I have a lot to say but today I’m in a rush to get this out and get our promotion work for the movie done. We’re having a fantastic time and stressed filled as well. But that’s normal in our kind of work.

I’ll have a lot to say when the first reviews, if any, start coming in. That’s it for now.

Final Electrifying Assault On Mila’s Naked Body.

DeepCoverMoleSc10_0711_00024526-1024x576.jpg

It finally happened! And it only took one day, on Wednesday, to complete the production of Deep Cover Mole with an all out electrifying assault on Mila’s naked body.

Mila shook, twisted and shook again as the power of a few thousand volts travelled up and down her body, burning her insides and sending sparks from the wires and through the barbed wired they were attached to, casting a glow of blue and yellow light in the otherwise tenebrous dungeon.

DeepCoverMoleSc10_0682_06134913-1024x576.jpg

That’s another film in the can, as they say in the biz. The production slate in Jac’s whiteboard is now empty. So is the pre-production slate, although there will be some movement for one of the projects next week, with a trip to the tropics, to check locations, and Erix’ promise to deliver his script for Aventura by the end of the week. Jac the scriptwriter also promised, to Jac the producer, to deliver the final draft of 69 Année Érotique before the end of the month.

It appears that the only person to go on the trip to the tropics is Dani for reasons I still have to learn about. We’ll see how that goes.

Jac has already selected and organized all the shots for Deep Cover Mole and he has a total of 6 hrs and 49 minutes worth of excellent material. Those are the actual shots that have to be edited down to a 90 minute film, the actual footage is over 10 hrs.

DeepCoverMoleSc10_0713_00183112-1024x576.jpg

I mentioned before that there are a bunch of films in the post production timeline, four of those films are recent productions, the other four of are old films that either are not completed, like 7 Days on The Cross 5, or that Jac is doing something extra with them, like a film with all the torture footage from Martyr.

On top of that, Jac might work on three or four videos dedicated to the Training of Camille. That’s a lot of post production work at hand.

CamilleinRiver02.jpg

If we count the three films to have theatrical releases this year, Pygmalion, Rucker and the awards winning doc about the jaguars, the one Jac shot in the Madidi, and the other films in development, like Maleficarum Excruciati, we have something like 15 films in the works.

As I was preparing this post, the Most Active Threesome of Pain were supposed to get together for a meeting to sort out the future, but Mila couldn’t make it so it came down to just Jac and Dani who discussed a bit of the what is to come.

Jac updated Dani on the status of 69 Année Érotique and as he was telling her the details of it she got more and more enthusiastic and said We have to make this film right away!

There was some discussion about Maleficarum Excruciti and La Femme De Chambre as well.

Beginning next week, on Wednesday, to be exact, the Daring Threesome will begin the process of dismantling the set used during the last 4 years for 9 feature films and a few ‘rehearsal’ little movies and the building of the new set for at least two feature films will commence.

MMMWorkingTheSet01_0151-1024x682.jpg

I can say that the rest of this month will be crucial in many ways for the future of our cruel but naughty and sexy enterprise. I’m sure that before the end of the month we’ll know what movie is going to start production next and when. I can hardly wait.

Future Naughtiness For The Threesome

CXVSc02_0601_00221627-1024x576.jpg

The Playmates have now turned their attention to future projects. During their most recent meeting, the week after they completed the production of Deep Cover Mole, the Red Feline Active Team got together to discuss the most urgent tasks. Mostly pre production work for at least three films, 69 Année Érotique and La Feme De Chambre with Jac at the helm and Aventura, to be directed by Erix. There will be a little bit of work as well for the future inquisition film, Maleficarum Excruciati, a preliminary look into possible locations and a prop maker. Jac wants to build some awesome props, one of them a chair, but not just any chair.

TM-Torture_chair.jpeg

Dani is on her trip to the tropics to check for locations, while Jac is about town, long walks, looking for the materials to transform the until now dark and campy dungeon into the 17th century la philosophie dans le boudoir type of location for at least the next two or even three films. I say three because during the meeting Mila asked about another idea Jac has, a simpler film to make, Diabólicas.

Dani is sending pictures and videos of the possible locations for Aventura. Most of the movie takes place in a far away cabin in the woods. Here’s one of the pictures she sent.

CabinCaranavi.jpeg

These pre production activities are going to take the rest of this month and maybe part of the next. Jac is planning to start some rehearsals, casting calls, location scouting, and he’s also assembling the shots to edit CruXtreme V – The Playmates. He has 2 hrs and 40 min already organized out of more than 12 hrs of raw material, an indication that this film with Dani and Mila having a lot of painful fun will be the next big release. Those two hours plus represent around a third of the film or less.

CXVSc04_0615_00043418-1024x576.jpg

Petelobo: Margot wrote: I mentioned before that there are a bunch of films in the post production timeline, four of those films are recent productions, the other four of are old films that either are not completed, like 7 Days on The Cross 5, or that Jac is doing something extra with them, like a film with all the torture footage from Martyr.

On top of that, Jac might work on three or four videos dedicated to the Training of Camille. That’s a lot of post production work at hand.

I'm sure that Jac is the only person who can possibly do post-production, but it seems to me that if you all are interested in generating revenue from 12 films that are "in the can"--not to mention pleasing your audience--getting them out of the can and onto download or DVD would make sense. Sure, I get it that it's a LOT more fun for Jac to play with the girls some more, and that's fine. But post is not necessarily a task that MUST be done my the AUTEUR. Maybe if there was a rule in the company that Jac could not start any new film until he had completed post on 4 existing ones, he would be more motivated either to work on them or find someone else who could do it.

I’m sure it would be great if Jac hired an editor to bring our productions out faster; however, since Jac began RFPIX (Red Feline Pictures) in 1998 he has been very busy in all facets of production, writing scripts, directing, producing, acting, doing camera and sound work, editing, sound editing, creating sound effects and I can go on and on, and sometimes many of those tasks are done at the same time.

So far we have a total of 50 films in our catalogue, there are other films that Jac worked on that are not in our catalogue, like the NatGeo documentaries, plus other documentaries that we made, some experimental films as well for a total of 80 films. That’s more than 3 films per year! Not to mention all the work that came before, including the now historical TV miniseries The Man From The Moon.

The process of editing a movie is, in Jac’s view and experience, the most creative part of making a film. All the work that was done in the production of the movie is then in the hands of the editor to give it shape, the real shape of the story. It’s not simply the work of putting the shots together in the proper order, is more than that. A lot more than that. And in Jac’s case, if he was the director of photography as well as the director of a movie, he knows exactly what he did and why and so he prefers to do the editing.

It doesn’t mean that he’s not considering having someone else working with him on this. Mila, for instance, completed her studies on film editing sometime ago and she’s now fully capable of engaging in that work. She has a good computer and Jac will pass her a hard disk with materials for two films and he’ll see what happens.

CXVSc02_0607_00111307-1024x576.jpg

A lot will be happening in the next few weeks. I’m anxiously waiting for their next meeting, in the middle of next week, to learn more about what will be happening.

The New Adventures Begin

JacEditingCorner_4748-1024x611.jpg

For the looks of it, it appears that Dani had a great time while location scouting for Aventura, a film in which she has one of the two female lead roles, the role that Amy was going to have back in the day. Mila has a role too, but as one of the bad gals. Jac has no role except that of the kind dad of the director.

The film was going to be shot sometime in 2016 but things changed. Amy left for the US, Jac went into the rain forrest after traffickers of Jaguar teeth, and things got kind of weird after that.

RinconDelTigreFalls03-819x1024.jpeg

Back in present time, while Dani enjoyed the heat of the tropics, Jac faced the sunny sometimes hot but mostly cold winter of La Paz, checking those construction materials I mentioned before, but he spent most of the time at his computer, working on the script for 69 Année Érotique and assembling the shots for CruXtreme V – The Playmates.

He completed almost 4 hrs of material ready to edit, with 5 hours of raw material to choose from still.

CXVThePlaymates03000527b.gif

The process of editing is fairly straight forward. The first step is to synchronize the camera reels with the sound reels. That is a good moment to look at the footage and to select the shots that are going to be in the film.

Obvious you say? Yes, but the issue is WHO SELECTS THE SHOTS? Well… the director does, always, that’s why he’s the director. He might have an editor to work for him, but the director has to be there, at the editing table, selecting the shots.

In the old days of celluloid, the film reels shot at any given day would be taken to the lab to be developed and a copy of the negative was made, right away, that copy was called the work print. That work print was then taken back to the studio for the director and producers to see how it all came out.

They would get together in a screening room with a 35 mm projector and watch the reels.

This is what a work print looked like back in the good old days:
35moviereels01-1024x553.jpeg

The lab work normally happened during the night and it was done in a rush, that’s why the work print reels were called “the rushes“.

However, If the production was in a far away location, like Haiti, for instance, the director would see the work prints long after the shooting was completed, maybe days, or weeks or even months. The director and producers could only hope and pray to all the gods and goddesses for all the hard work done in dangerous conditions to come out fine.

That’s no longer the case. Jac shoots a movie and he can check the material even while shooting it!

He transfers all the recorded footage, both image and sound, to a hard disk the same day, he makes duplicates for safety and then proceeds to synch the material to assemble it later on.

Jac is assembling all the synch shots for CruXtreme V now, eliminating everything that it is not part of the scene. Like conversations before the action, or whatever. The cameras and sound recorder start running long before the slate and don’t stop when the action stops, not even when there’s a change of angle for the next shot, so there’s a lot of material in between takes.

Since the camera disks are reusable, it doesn’t matter if most of it might end up as Making of The Movie material… or not.

CXVSc01_0528_00001108-1024x576.jpg

At last count, Jac has 3 hrs and 55 min worth of selected shots and takes. The total footage came down from almost 13 hrs of raw footage to 9 hrs 32 min. It means that there are around 6 hrs of raw footage left. He’ll be done assembling all the material by the end of the week and then the real editing will begin.

The question is, still, does the director, also referred to as the Auteur, has to do the editing? Normally the director will spend a lot of time at the editing table with or without an editor. The director has to decide how the shots go together and why and for how long. In the case of our RFPIX movies, there are so many shots that work well that the movie can very well be a 3 hrs movie. Ultimately, the director makes the final decision, always.

Frog shared the following image with a nice comment:

ViaCrucisofJane01Trailer01-low.gif

Amy in The Via Crucis of Jane 1

frog: Simply beautiful. She emoted well and moved well under the lash. Sorely missed.

As Camille before, Amy moved on to other activities in her life. She is, still, making movies, but gave up acting for the time being. She’s also teaching.

Camille is active in France, acting in theatre, playing roles that are unique to her, and editing movies… hmm… maybe she should work for Jac.

They are both missed a lot but they left a lot of great work that can be seen over and over and over again.

I found a thread at the Crux Forum completely dedicated to Amy where people post a lot of pictures of her from everything she did and is currently doing. They have an ongoing contest, for fun, around a picture I posted recently of Jac and Amy at the theatrical premiere of Maleficarum:

MaleficarumPremiere1632.jpeg

Baracus at CruxForum
CAPTION CONTEST TIME :
Just for fun, what do you think Amy is saying to Jac, as he scribbles it down…..??
Answers, below, please…;)

And with that note I end this post. I’ll have more news this weekend.

Hi Margot.. way back when Amy was in front of the camera, DOUBLE-CROSSED was filmed. Like most am waiting here with tongue hanging out for it to be released. What a gift that would be!! Is there any update from JJ :naughty2:

I found a thread at the Crux Forum completely dedicated to Amy where people post a lot of pictures of her from everything she did and is currently doing.
In case folk can't see the link in your post, here's the start of that thread:
https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/amy-hesketh-legend.6977/

They have an ongoing contest, for fun, around a picture I posted recently of Jac and Amy at the theatrical premiere of Maleficarum:
And this is the post with the 'caption contest':
https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/amy-hesketh-legend.6977/post-694694

Last edited:
Altitude Decompression!

CruXtremeVScreenShot20201224100641-1024x575.jpg

A meeting of the Red Feline Active Team took place Wednesday afternoon, as scheduled, to discuss the future projects. Dani gave an account of her Location Scouting Adventure in the tropics, she returned with a good number of mosquito bites and sore feet because of the lengthy walks she had. She was sick on Monday and her doctor told her it was because of the altitude decompression. La Paz is up there in the clouds, 3,640 meters above sea level (11,942 ft) , and the TV station where she hosts her TV show is in El Alto, is at 4,150 meters above sea level (13,620 ft).

When Dani returned she travelled up from the low lands in the tropics, from exactly 976 m (3,202 ft) above sea level to the heights of El Alto in a relatively short time thus resulting in what experts describe as hypobaric decompression or DCS. Apart from all of that, she was fine and happy.

As a side note, Amy shot a movie up in the Huayna Potosi mountain at 4.701m (19,974 ft) where she took her clothes off in the middle of hills of dirty ice around her.

IMG_6533.jpg

During the meeting of the Hard Working Red Feline Active Team Jac found out that Mila got another tattoo, a big snake, which didn’t make him happy although he appreciates the art.

The character Mila plays in 69 Année Érotique doesn’t have tattoos… for reasons that I’m not allowed to discuss, so, for at least the next two big films the budget has to have funds to cover those tattoos.

Mila’s tattoos were nicely covered in Pygmalion.

PygmalionVidCap00542407-1024x576.jpg

The discussion that Wednesday afternoon centered around the needs for the next three films, 69 Année Érotique, Aventura and Maleficarum Excruciati. La Femme was not discussed at all. Something heavy is holding Jac back from proceeding with that film, even though what he envisioned as the set for that movie is beginning to take shape.

A good part of the week was taken by Jac’s search of the very specific materials, everything had to be the way he has it envision. After much searching he found what he was looking for but it was too heavy for him to take it in and out of the transportation, not to mention into the house.

On Saturday he went back up to the place with a big guy, Erix, and bought a lot of the stuff he needed, which they proceeded to take, in the back of a mini van, to his house.

The work on the set begun today, Monday, as he announced during the meeting. He also said that they will begin rehearsals for 69 Année Érotique this week, he will give his playmates copies of at least half of the script on Wednesday, when they will get together again. He also mentioned that the casting for the film will begin soon.

MenagerieCasting2018031273136-1024x572.jpg

That’s not all. Jac is also advancing with the assembling of CruXtreme V – The Playmates.

He was planning to finish that part of his work by the end of last week, but because of his going about town in search of the mentioned materials which involved long walks for the entirety of a few afternoons, he couldn’t fulfill his plan. But, he has almost 5 hours of selected footage ready to be made into a movie and at least another 3 hours to trim down. Most of the footage he has left to trim is part of the last sequence. He’s sure he’ll be done before the weekend.

CXVSc05_0623_00235417-1024x576.jpg

portis: Hi Margot.. way back when Amy was in front of the camera, DOUBLE-CROSSED was filmed. Like most am waiting here with tongue hanging out for it to be released. What a gift that would be!! Is there any update from JJ?

Double Cross is a very early film in Amy’s career as an actress. It was shot when Vero was in town to star in Amy’s directorial debut Sirwiñakuy and for various reasons, mainly all those big production movies they made, it was shelved.

There are two shelved films Jac is looking into releasing before he starts the actual editing of CruXtreme V – The Playmates. The films Jac is considering for our next release are Seven Days on The Cross 5 and the mentioned Double Cross.

Jac’s plan is to go over both films as soon as he’s done assembling CXV and decide which one has the better chance to get the final post treatment it needs beginning next week with the intention to release it by the end of May or early June.

But regardless of which of those highly expected film gets the rush treatment, the other one will follow soon after.

DoubleCrossPromo054-1024x768.jpg

Eulalia Margot said: I found a thread at the Crux Forum completely dedicated to Amy where people post a lot of pictures of her from everything she did and is currently doing.

In case folk can’t see the link in your post, here’s the start of that thread:

Margot said:They have an ongoing contest, for fun, around a picture I posted recently of Jac and Amy at the theatrical premiere of Maleficarum:

And this is the post with the ‘caption contest’:

There are so many pictures there, but, adding to my comments at the beginning of this post, here’s a picture after Amy finished her scene with her top off in the extremely freezing weather up 19,000 feet above sea level.

IMG_6535.jpg

Baracus Eulalia said: Some more about Amy from @Margot – and our caption contest!

Yep, good old @Margot … :):)
What would really be the icing on the cake, is to hear from the legend herself, our Crux queen Amy !!

How about some real icing? Everything you see on the picture below is ICE at 19,000 feet above sea level, in other words, up on a snowy capped famous mountain in the Andean Range. Jac took the picture, he was there too, as an invited actor.

I’ll mention to Amy how much she’s missed and her legend status. I’m sure she will respond in some way.

IMG_6552.jpg

More news later.

A Blast From The Past

HDLScreenShot20220529112347-1024x680.jpg

The picture above is from the TV miniseries The Man From The Moon, that’s Margot, Jac and Carmen in a scene.

I posted the following way back in June 6, 2012 at the old GIMP forum. I titled it:

A post that it’s not sure about its length. (When size matters)

I’m posting it again because I liked what I wrote and I’m updating it with pictures I didn’t have back then. A couple of them.

It was never posted here.

So… here is the old post. Enjoy!​

I have to say that this forum is very, very active which gives meaning to the concept of the 15 seconds life span for a post. So I compel you all to read this one before it’s buried under a ton of posts. You can always scroll back down to linger at the pictures.

I’m enjoying reading the discussion about sadism and masochism. It brings memories of discussions we had in our little world here for years and years. There was a talk between Jac and one of his past actors who is, by her own definition, a masochist. She said that masochists are in control by giving control to their partners; something that made me think because I have to admit that there’s something of a masochist in me. She believes that a true masochist is a provocateur. I tend to agree for the same reason.

HDLScreenShot20220529111242-1024x768.jpg

The mentioned Actress, MaRe, performing in TV miniseries The Man From The Moon

An anecdote.

A couple in a hotel room in Budapest, in the Buda side, on top of the hill, a bottle of Unicum, a Hungarian herbal liqueur or bitters the man bought with the intention of taking it back to the U.S. She’s 22, he’s 36. She plays hard to get to the point of obnoxiousness, he tries to stay cool and unaffected, however he’s at that age when he wants to fuck everything that moves. A few more drinks and he’s getting upset, which is not normal in him, she must be pulling some deep strings. Finally he can’t take it anymore and proceeds to push her around. The Unicum is half way down, it will no longer be an aperitif on the table at his New York Loft.

At one point she’s on the carpeted floor, rolling around while he pushes her with his bare foot. She’s in her underwear, so is he. The more he humiliates her the more excited she gets. He’s not sure of what’s happening, he wishes he could read her mind, but it becomes obvious at one point that she had enough and jumps on him and they fuck like crazy.

By provoking his anger and submitting to his humiliations she manipulated the situation to where she wanted it to go. True story… I was there.

PoMHCR0200005224.jpg

The man and the woman from the anecdote playing naughty games in New York

That concept, the masochist in control, is in Jac’s film Martyr, where Camille manipulates everyone to make them participate in her staged martyrdom, a theme which in turn is very much at the root of the gospels. This begs the question, are masochists extreme narcissists? The way Jac wrote the character of Camille in Martyr basically states that.

Martyr001304.jpg

Someone wrote that exact thing in these terms:

Jac Vermeer cast himself in the “pagan” role, but the narrative positions him as a pretend pagan. The saint simulator is in control, and he must pretend to torture her. She is the only character who does not suffer—in fact, she makes everyone around her suffer (in ways that I cannot fully reveal). They are the victims of her nostalgia.”

Jac’s family name is Avila-Vermeer, yes he’s a direct descendant of the dutch painter. Jac’s father is Dutch. That’s why he’s Orange these Eurocup days.

Martyr005108.jpg

I read somewhere here that one person started as a masochist and went into being a sadist. Jac told me something like that. His early recollections are that he placed himself in the role of the martyr, like Camille does in the movie. Are sadists projecting their own feelings on their game partners?

That subject is coming up in another movie, but of that I will talk later. I have to say that the subject is not only of interest to us, as it is to all of you, but it’s the subject we’re dedicating our work to. From Red Feline on the Cross to Maleficarum we’re exploring the subject from all angles and it is very rewarding. At one point Jac started calling this work “the exploration of the body in pain“.

Martyr015619.jpg

YikYakker Amy Hesketh: It’s wonderful to have you stop by and give us another amazing tour of your mind and the art of your work. You wrote of making and watching Maleficarum:

It was a cerebral and physical enjoyment, and I had used my mind and body as instruments in order to fulfill that cerebral/physical fantasy. I hope I’m making sense here.

Absolutely. Knowing that you go through a very exhaustive editing process as well, I wonder if you could tell us something about how you feel when assembling the final product vs. your feelings when watching it on the big screen with a live audience? You also wrote:

In theory, we want men to understand us. What we actually want is for men to read our minds.

Yeah, I work for someone who’s like that.

Amy can and will respond to the direct question, I’d like to address two points. Watching the movie with an audience. It can be nerve wracking, at least for some of us who might be critical of our own work. After seeing a movie a thousand times, when editing, one losses objectivity and the movie might, in fact, seem boring. One knows all of the scenes by heart and the editor within would love to take the film back to the editing room and perfect it. But there has to be a moment when we let go as hard as it may be. So, when watching the movie with an audience of a few dozen or hundreds of people, the feeling of dread is there until the very end when the audience reacts one way or another. Then the work is done.

Of course some of us might actually enjoy the suffering, but that’s just some of us. And yes, Amy is correct when she says that women want guys to read their minds, at least some women want that.

Maleficarum0844.jpg

Richard: It remains my belief that all interested in this site are sadists (by definition!). (…) It has consequences in the contexts of civil and legal rights, social acceptability, censorship. If example were needed the events surrounding the screenings of Mal. and Sir. demonstrate the point.

The term Sadism is overused, specially in the media. A common description in a crime scene of a TV show is “he’s a sexual sadist” when referring to some psycho who tortured and killed his victim, often a pretty woman. I’m uncomfortable with that. Reading De Sade, one finds what he writes a bit horrifying at best because the characters that fill his stories justify everything they do with the argument that there are no morals.

However, I think that there’s more a feeling of empathy when watching a movie such as Maleficarum. Fear, empathy, identification, it all brings certain kind of pleasure to the viewer and the more extreme the situation, the most pleasure one gets. Well, not everyone, but many, many… many people. In fact, I believe the term sadomasochist is perhaps more apropos. It is our theory that all humans and some non humans are sadomasochists, they just express it in different ways.

LeMarquisTeaseCaps01432308.jpg

Mila crucified in Le Marquis De La Croix

Richard: My Dear Margot. Here I am, having dragged myself away from drooling over images of naked women, tortured or not. (Now, who do you think are the images over which I have drooled most copiously? But, I beseech you not to reveal this secret of my soul, to which you are privy, to the harsh world or, at least, that part of it that frequents this site!). I shall respond and continue our exchange but several issues of greater urgency have supervened. (…) My observation that some crucial issues are not black and white referenced an exchange that I had begun with Margot about the spectrum of reality from acting, responding to that acting, to real emotions, to the total dramatic experience; both for the actors and the audience. All this, given the nature of the films under discussion, in the immediate context of pain, cruelty, torture and abuse.

In our World of Red Feline we’ve been making a study that has two main parts. The act of framing the body in pain and the response to that body in pain. In the first part we have two basic actors, the victim and the torturer, in the second we have the audience. So far so good. Sometimes a third party participates in that passion play, the observer within the work.

We believe there’s a process of identification in the part of the audience with the basic three actors and to different degrees. The response of said audience will tell us more about the audience themselves than about the work. That’s our experience. That’s our experience here, in this forum, as well.

We can also see that one individual will have a complex range of identifying feelings and all at once. That same individual may in fact identify with the victim and the torturer, but he may also identify with the third party, the observer and to complicate matters, there are a good number of different observers, from the compassionate one to the virulent hater.

It’s very interesting to see how the comments and criticisms we receive for our work cover that wide range.

VCOC09p378.jpg

A shameless promo of The Via Crucis of Camille – Crux 9, available in DVD and for Downloads.

Santorum Richard said: “It remains my belief that all interested in this site are sadists (by definition!).”
Aw hell. Now it’s my turn to be pedantic. Would it not be more reasonable to say that we are all either sadists, masochists, or somewhere in between (perhaps identifying as both)? Plenty of people enjoy reading GIMP stories and watching GIMP scenes in movies, etc., largely because it excites them to imagine themselves as the humiliated and tortured victim. Ms. Hesketh is an obvious example, and she’s not alone. Is Ms. Hesketh a “sadist?”
Similarly, I’m a male who enjoys imagining he’s the lovely suffering female in such scenes. I’m not particularly comfortable with labelling myself in general, but if you forced me to choose a label, one that describes my interests here as precisely as possible, I’d have to say I’m a “cross-sexual masochist.”
So don’t stick that “sadist” label on me, thank you very much. “Perv” is acceptable, however. And so is “sick fuck.”

Is there a radar to pinpoint masochists? How does JJ does it? Was it my total concentration/fascination with the blindfolded girl in Princes Bride that gave me away? And what about Mila? Amy was not difficult, she spell it out the very first day she stepped in Jac’s house responding to a casting call for the NatGeo doc. Her male friend, who was answering to the casting call, said something like “she makes me do sick things to take pictures of…” not his exact words. She then said, in passing, something about putting pain into her work. Jac set his radar on her from that moment on.

I admire a man that dares to say that he identifies with the female victim, it’s something that many of our fans do but few, very few, are going to admit it. I often wonder what sort of power Amy or Camille have over their fans, how many of them identify with the victim rather than JJ, who tortures them. When watching Martyr I have to ask myself how much of Camille, the character, is Carmen the actress and how much of her is Jac himself.

A lot of that story is based on Camille, of course, but it’s also based on Jac. It’s between the lines. In that film we have the three cases of our study of The Body in Pain. The victim, the torturer and the observers. They all participate of that passion play and they are all manipulated by the central character, Camille, while all the actors are manipulated into their roles by Jac.

But I have to ask myself, at times, who created Camille. Was it Jac? Was it Carmen?

Who molded who?

Martyr078.jpg

Carmen and Jac discussing a scene in Martyr

Bill K: Reading my Webster New World Dictionary it says that sadism: n. (Fr., after Marquis de Sade)

1 – the getting of sexual pleasure from dominating, mistreating, or hurting one’s partner

2 – the getting of pleasure from inflicting physical or psychological pain on another or others
The word sadism come from a famous torturer of women the Marquis de Sade I believe it’s saying.
It doesn’t mention getting sexual pleasure from ONLY watching live, film or pictures of (Gimp) physical or psychological pain on others or your partner which I am and believe some of us Gimpers are.
So base on that you are only a sadist if you take physical part in the torture which then makes us ?? What???
The sadist muddying of the waters: Bill K.

Sadism is De Sade’s contribution to our language, just as Masochism is a contribution of Leopold von Sacher-Masoch. That much is factual. Both terms have been used and abused and now are the accepted labels to describe people with such inclinations as enjoying some whipping, spanking, torturing, just like those who are now reading this.

But the terminology doesn’t explain the phenomenon. And as Amy said, there will be psychologists and theorists who will try forever to explain this to themselves and the world but what make us tick in one way or another will remain a mystery and I prefer it to be that way.

All we know is that at one point in our lives we became aware of somethings that didn’t seem normal to us. Some at earlier times than others.

The impact of one scene in a war movie was the beginning of an awareness for Jac. His maid, yes, his family had maids, sneaked him into a movie theatre, he wasn’t even in grammar school yet. A WWII movie was playing, in one scene a nazi officer takes a young woman to a big barrel full of water and proceeds to dunk her head into it several times, holding her under the water for longer and longer periods of time while screaming at her in German. Jac couldn’t read the subtitles. Finally the girl dies. Jac described the feelings he had when watching the scene. He fell in love with that girl and could never get her out of his head. He identified with the girl, not the Nazi officer.

And now I must ask, what’s the impact of the photograph below? A simple picture taken after the shooting of The Via Crucis of Camille. Taken with a Fuji camera, the negative developed at a local photo lab in La Paz, back in 97. The photograph was scanned years later. This picture was seen by a lot of people at different times. Some of those people were the workers at the Laboratory where Jac ordered a few copies and an enlargement that graced a wall in his house. I’ll wait for answers but not for too long.

CamillePhotoShoot1997021b.jpg

I referred to the past in this post, to our origins, to the times when our work was part daring, part struggle, part exploration, part exploitation, part fun, part love. We still feel daring and we’re still struggling and we are still exploring and we still have fun and we love and we exploit each other but we have a lot of company now. We’re no longer alone. That third element, the observer that participates, is growing daily.

DBDTeaseVidCaps04241402.jpg

In closing I have to say that Martyr is a very important movie for us and for those who follow our work, perhaps more important than Maleficarum. While Maleficarum is more about what holds a strong attraction to our fans… torture, the burning stake, the rack and all of that, Martyr is about what’s behind all this. It’s a movie that deals with both the psychology and the romance of what makes us tick. We feel reflected, portrayed, in it. Amy was seduced by it. She made up her mind about what she wanted to do for the rest of her life after seeing Martyr. It’s that strong and important in our lives.

We would love to have a discussion about this movie here but for that you must see it. And to those who did see it, we’d like to hear their comments. I understand that this forum stands for non-consensual situations of girls in merciless peril, but the discussions are not limited to that, as I can see, and that is very, very interesting, stimulating and healthy. For each movie like Martyr that you get, we’ll make two like Maleficarum. How about that?

If you knew what we are preparing now you would not stop panting.

Later people.. Margot.

That's indeed a very interesting discussion, Margot, exploring the complexity of the relationship between sub/ masochist and Dom/ Torturer - it resonates for me and my experience as a sub in many ways. One aspect that I'd add in is the disconcerting challenge that a female sub presents to an 'averagely sadistic' man - she troubles him, arouses feelings in himself that that he finds hard to cope with, even a bit frightening, and his usual ways of 'dealing with' a woman just don't seem to work. As the model Myrlene once said, 'you can't handle my submission' - see my post of her photo when she said that, and the surrounding discussion, at https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/which-type-of-girl-yall-prefer.8722/post-595321

The Famous Picture of Camille

CamillePhotoShoot1997021b.jpg

There’s a nice story behind the famous and captivating picture of Camille.

It was way back in 1996 and 1997 when life for Jac and Camille was going through changes. Jac had an idea for a movie, The Passion of Maricelli, set in Cuba in colonial times. He thought Camille could play the lead role of Maricelli, a rebellious young woman with a passion for martyrdom. The story involved a scene with a crucifixion. Jac had been working on such scene in his head for a while, doing some tests with me first, and then with Camille. She agreed to work out some rehearsals with that scene in mind, a via crucis ending with a crucifixion. It was meant to just be that, a test of the scene. He began those tests with his VHS camera.

By the beginning of 1997 Jac and Camille had made 10 sessions of those rehearsals. As it was the usual, during those rehearsals Jac also took some stills with his old camera. One of those pictures was the beautiful picture at the heading in this post and which got the following comment recently.

petraherz: The famous picture of Camille captivates with her beautiful body, the sideways light, her asymmetrical pose and her relaxed youthful face, a still life of art.

The picture was taken at the end of the 10th session in what we now call The Via Crucis of Camille. Jac was finishing the shooting of the last scene of the session, the camera was rolling, and he was so impressed, and so emotionally involved that he had to take his Fujica still camera, with 35 mm camera rolls, yes, those ancient little things, and he took a number of stills while Camille suffered her agony upon the cross.

By this time Jac stopped using his VHS camera and he was using a his professional Sony Umatic video camera and recorder which, used big cassette tapes. The equipment was old, already, the better and newer Sony Betacam was already replacing it at TV stations around the world. That entire equipment, camera and editing console, plus all the gadgets that went with it, had a tag price of over 200,000 dollars.

In comparison Jac’s Sony Umatic used equipment cost a miserable 60,000 USD, It included a broken chair. I always thought he was robbed, but that’s another story. The set up had the camera and the shoulder recorder, yes, the camera needed a recorder. It also consisted of two deck players, one deck player/recorder, the editing console, a sound mix board, a large monitor, speakers and the furniture to hold it all.

umaticsetup.jpeg

When Jac saw the material from the filmed session the next day he was very impressed. He told Camille how amazing the shooting came out, adding, in passing, just as a side note, something which led to a surprising exchange.

Jac: If we made one movie like this, just the two of us, but with the intention of selling it, we could actually make some money

Camille: Really? Why not? Let’s do that

Jac: What?

Camille: Let’s make a movie, a real one.

Jac: Really? Some people will think it’s porn

Camille: So?

Jac: I don’t know

Camille: Let’s do it! We can use the house I showed you where we took the nice pictures.

A short time before, Camille took Jac to see an old house in the city, she mentioned that it was used by some young people to smoke pot, have parties and stuff like that. It was a beautiful, old, broken down house. When they went to see it, Camille made sure Jac took his camera and she also asked a friend of hers to join them, she wanted a photo shoot there. Jac saw the potential of that house, of course, and agreed with Camille that it would be a nice place to make a movie.

GuachallaHouse1997058-1024x685.jpg

A few days after they had the exchange about the possible film, they began to plan its production. They didn’t have a title for it, but it was going to be about a crucifixion. The house itself, in some way or another, triggered the story:

A nice girl looks at an old house, she’s curious, trespasses into it, she loves what she sees, walks about the rooms, all empty, dirty, falling apart. She doesn’t notice someone is in the house, a mysterious man in black who begins to follow her. She stops in the bigger, nicer room, it inspires her, she begins to masturbate when all of a sudden and silently, the man in black walks from behind and hits her, she faints, he drags her to a dark room where he proceeds to torture her.

That film is the now famous Red Feline on The Cross. The title came to Jac when he was editing the film. He told Camille that she looked like a cat with the dark stockings masking her face. She reminded him of Cat Woman. Her red hair gave him the impression that the cat woman was a red cat woman. At the end of that inspiring thought process, he came up with a title. Red Feline On The Cross.

Little did they know that their conversation that day would begin an industry.

Solstice 2022 Sale!

Solstice2022Sale-1024x576.jpg

We have a SALE!

Yes! It’s our Solstice 2022 Sale, 20% Off if you buy two (2) or more of our amazing videos including our latest release CruXtreme IV – Roommate II.

We’re gearing up to work on new productions and preparing new releases for the second half of this year.

For the Northern half of the planet this month will be the Summer Solstice, for the Southern half the Winter Solstice.

Now you get the picture.

The sale will end on the coldest day of the year in the Andes… it should be on the 24th of June.

Get our films!

CruxtremeIVKeyArt01-768x1097.jpg

Download our films with 20% Off

Get our DVDs with 20% Off

So Much Torture

CXVSc06_0629_00001306-1024x576.jpg

So much going on and so hard to put it all in perspective. For starters, Jac is done with the assembling of the footage for CruXtreme V – The Playmates.

It all came down to 7 hrs of material to edit down to a 90 min movie. That means that there’s a lot of good stuff that won’t be in the movie. But the film will be pretty intense and cool looking.

CXVSc05_0621_00194114-1024x576.jpg

Jac is also far advance with the script for 69 Année Érotique, 100 pages ready to go to print with still the third act to be completed.

It will be a long script, probably 130 pages if not more. But the movie will probably be a bit over 100 min.

Jac will be printing those 100 pages to start rehearsals with some of the cast, and there will be a casting call for those characters that don’t have actors yet. The work on the principal location is half way done, not without problems.

It’s a very surreal story with lots of S&M in it, plus humor, romance and nostalgia thrown in. Three ladies with suffer the whip and the ridding crop and at least two of them will be chained and so on… the film opens with a beautiful woman being strangled during sex, she’s all naked and all.

69test-1024x608.jpg

And that’s not all. There are some activities for both Amy and Jac. Amy recently had a film discussion at her prestigious university with guests high up in the industry, Jac participated via Zoom.

Both of them will be in Florida in September to present Pygmalion, give some talks and workshops as well.

Jac has been offered to represent Bolivia at a Horror Film Festival in Buenos Aires, as a juror, in November. I wouldn’t be surprise if more of these type of activities came more often because now that the worst of the pandemic is over it looks like Amy and Jac are in demand again.

Jac had events before the Covid pandemic, like the one in Switzerland in 2019 where he presented his NatGeo doc about epidemics and gave some interesting talks on the subject… little did he know.

Screen-Shot-2022-06-04-at-17.56.19-1024x628.png

Amy The Legend has some fans that keep discussing her films and activities at Crux Forums.

I recently contributed a post with an interview about Maleficarum. The reaction was really nice.

Eulalia: Margot said: How about this interview?

The whole series is wonderful – she’s just so open, honest and natural as she talks about her experiences that most people would consider utterly shocking, horrific, barely imaginable! An amazing, awesome woman!

Loxuru Very true! Interesting interview.

Did you have a hard day at work?” sounds different for all kinds of people. But few can imagine this! Although I think, Amy has more job satisfaction than an average bank Clerck! ;)

Jac is considering the next release, other than the ones he is working on. There are FOUR film in the post production timeline, and a few more that need some work, like Double Cross and Seven Days on the Cross 5.

He’s looking into releasing either of those two shelved films next, maybe even both. I’ll get word of which will be ready to be released next sometime this week, along with a possible release date.

DoubleCrossPromo074.jpg

DougiePX: I haven't been able to find "Agent Honey Trap" on the Red Feline website. Is it ready for purchasing yet?

Agent Honey Trap is one of the films in the post production timeline. It is third on the list of post production work, CruXtreme V is first, Crux Simplex (for two) is second, followed by Agent Honey Trap and finally Deep Cover Mole.

All these films will be released this year. I’ll be updating on the progress of the work on these films frequently.

AgentHoneyTrapSc06_0671_00114705-1024x576.jpg

And finally, a reminder.

We have a great Solstice 2022 Sale. 20% off if you buy two or more of our films!

Download our films

Get our DVDs

7 Days (Of Torture) On The Cross

7DoC_CR07_TK03_00313022.jpg

It sounds biblical. There’s something about numbers in religion and culture… 40 days and 40 nights, 40 thieves, 3 days in hell, 7 days to create the universe and all life in it… The vice president of Bolivia, who probably smoked too much stuff in his youth, comes up with all kinds of idiotic sayings, his most recent was that people must prepare themselves for the Aymara new year by abstaining from sex, meat and alcohol for 40 days. right, and he said that 20 days before the Aymara new year, a recent invention by some guys who also smoked too much stuff in their youth.

7docphsession006.jpeg

Gabrielle (A.K.A. Vero) getting ready

Well… we can have our crazy stuff too. So, Jac decided to prepare 7 Days On The Cross as the next release. There are some issues with the sound, but he’s working on it. The film is 1 hr 36 minutes long, it might come down a bit, like 10 minutes or so. Although he cannot change the original analog format the way he would like to, he can improve a bit and he can also enlarge the resolution. And that’s what he’s doing now.

The new film will have all the scenes from 7 Days on the Cross 1, 2, 3 and 4, just shorter. It will have a totally different soundtrack, more in tune to Roman times, the ratio will be wide screen, like all the new films, not a square like it is now, and of course a big part of it will be the horrifying end of the story, when after being nailed and strung up on the Cross, Varinia es finally impaled.

7DoCImpaling01cLow.gif

The impaling was going to be another episode of the series, but for reasons that now escape my memory, it never happened.

Because the new film will contain the entire story, we will be removing the episodic series from the store and we’ll be offering only the film. The complete title might be Seven Days (Of Torture) On The Cross (The Film)

7DoCTheFilm_00003626.jpg

It will take a week or two for Jac to complete the work on the new movie, so my bet is that it will be released after the Aymara New Year 5,530 celebrations. The year is another invention by the same people who smoked too much stuff in their youth, instead of 5,000 they could’ve made up something higher, like 10,000 or 100,000 or the age of the earth itself.

The Aymaras never kept count of the years because they did not have the concept of year, just of the seasons and in the middle of June, like around the 20th, they celebrated the winter solstice… and when the Spaniards took over the cultural celebrations it became San Juan, and because it happens to be the coldest day of the year, or so they say, people went crazy burning stuff in the streets, big bonfires, with fireworks and lots of drinking and partying, like vikings or Spanish pirates, … in the old days, that is, it’s not legal to burn stuff in the streets anymore but with those hooples in power, we never know. The celebrations now are mostly indoors, with lots of drinking, and partying and eating hot dogs, a German invention.

I’m digressing.

So, the good news is that the looooooooong awaited 5th part of Seven Days (Of Torture) On The Cross will finally be released! As a MOVIE! An almost TWO hour movie!

7DoCTheFilm_00023102.jpg

And to celebrate the Aymara New Year 5,530 … or the winter solstice… and also the summer solstice… we are having a SALE! 20% OFF if you get two or more of our films. The sale will end when the new film is released or the winter solstice celebration is here, whichever comes first.

Someone needs a bonfire!

Download our movies

Get our DVDs

Maleficarum A Masterpiece Of A Genius

Maleficarum002Poster-1024x589.jpg

From time to time Jac receives notifications from some academia organizations when his name appears in some thesis, academic papers, published books. One such notification led him to a doctorate thesis that analysed his famous film about Haiti, which led him to meet the author, which led him to get invited in September of this year to screen a film and give talks at a Florida university. Amy will be there as well.

Last night Jac received another notification about an academic paper which is a compilation of Christian Lanciai reviews of films that were made in the last 100 years. Not all films made in a century, but a selection of notable films for each year. One film for the year 1926 it the famous Battleship Potemkin, one of the four films selected for 1988 is The Last Tempation of Christ.

Christian Lanciai Film Reviews: The Last Temptation of Christ (1988)
Martin Scorsese getting it all wrong with Nikos Kazantzakis resulting in blooming
speculation

Jac was happy to see that his film Maleficarum was one of 10 films selected from 2011. He feared that the critic would demolish the film, he glanced at one of the first reviews in the 985 pages book, the fore mentioned Battleship Potemkin by none other than the father of cinema, Serge Eisenstein. The review was not very kind, even tough it says that:

Christian Lanciai Film Reviews: Battleship Potemkin (1925)
Mutiny on a Russian battleship 1905 with consequences both tragic and heroic

Of course it is still impressive after almost a hundred years, for its amazing sense of details, its tremendously dramatic impact, its highly strong pathos and its wonderful cinematography all through, but still there is room for some objections.

Jac prepared himself for a negative critique. When you object to anything in a film by the god of film language and cinema itself, then no one is safe, or is anyone?

After reading the review, Jac could not believe his eyes nor his brain, he had to read it again and again. It is not often he’s referred to as a genius.

Maleficarum02-low.gif

The source of this review is the 985 pages book titled Film Reviews by film critic Christian Lanciai, the reviews themselves were published individually in different places over the years. Maleficarum’s review was first published in May 11, 2015.

Here’s the review.

Maleficarum (2011)
Christian Lanciai – Film Reviews – 11 May 2015

Inquisition standard in Lima, Peru, around 1700, probably a true story, made like a documentary.
This is a very remarkable film for its total restraint in depicting a story of extreme outrage. It brings associations directly to the Danish director Carl Th. Dreyer and his films, especially “The Day of Wrath” 1943, but maybe more specifically to “The Passion of Jeanne d’Arc”, since this is also a close-up of the martyrdom of woman, in this instance even doubly so, since there are two.

The story in itself is the ghastliest possible, the two young ladies prosecuted by the inquisition for forbidden love being tortured one by one while the other one is forced to look on in increasingly accelerating cruelty to extract a forced confession of witchery. When the confession finally is accomplished, they are subjected to no less severe punishment none the less in a total judicial murder, just because of the greed of the church to obtain the property of the one young lady who from her parents has inherited the greatest fortune in Peru – this is somewhere around 1700.

The film is accompanied all through by the most intimately pleasing chamber music, mainly guitar, which enhances the grotesqueness of the terror proceedings even more.

The director Jac Avila from Bolivia is also the writer and the producer of the film, and it is definitely a masterpiece, with the vital contribution of Amy Hesketh as the main victim – her acting is quite comparable with Maria Falconetti’s in “The Passion of Jeanne d’Arc”. Still, the torture scenes, that never cease to get worse and seem more endless each time, must make this film unbearable to many, and it’s impossible for anyone, I think, not to look away more often than not.

A masterpiece of a genius making a deep and lasting impression – an unforgettable film, that however you would not like to see again. The impression is too strong not to leave you almost as branded as the victims.

Maleficarum01-low.gif

The comparisons to great performers and directors didn’t escape Jac’s attention. He should make a list of those comparisons to directors, writers and actors. It is a long list.

He is so happy with the review, that he is preparing a new poster of Maleficarum to use it in the many places where the film is offered, beginning with our stores.

MaleficarumEngPoster-768x1091.jpg

We still have the Solstice Sale 2022, with a great 20% Off if you buy 2 or more films!

Downloads:

Physical DVDs by mail:

Back
Top Bottom