News From Margot

Go to CruxDreams.com
Another thought, and excuse me if it's against the forum's rules. I only occasionally browse here. But can the campaign link be posted to other threads?

Or, would it be beneficial to start a new thread for Seditiosa with a more enticing thread title? If you are in the forum front page, all you'll see is someone posted on News From Margot. Which can be anything. What I'm trying to get at is do we have any idea about how many members of the forum even know about this beyond those regularly commenting here.
This is a great question. I bet Simonne would be a hit in the “Crucified Women” subforum.

Margot,
May we suggest that the girls do not shave their pubic hair? If you are not going to have their tattoos visible, how about having the girls be totally natural as if when in 33 AD?
Thank you for considering our request.
We did back your film and do look forward to seeing your fantastic production in Aug 2023.
M & Thx.

Last edited:
The Cross for Seditiosa

SeditiosaTeasers_00043901-1024x576.jpg

Our campaign has grown a bit and that growth has made it possible for us to think about the most important props for the first Big Budget Production film about a Female Christ, Seditiosa.

There are a number of things that have to be fulfilled before we can even start, not to mention that the funds we are raising for the film will not be available to us until after the 8th of December.

We normally build the props considering the location where those props will be set. That means we have to find the location. When we made Justine, there was a big prop to be built, The Wheel. We knew the location, the same we used for Maleficarum and Le Marquis de la Croix, but we did not know if it was available. After we found out that it was, we made the deal with the owners, paid an advance to rent it and then, and only then, began to work on the props, specially The Wheel.

TheWheelofMisfortuneSkII03.jpg

Amy testing the wheel as it is built

wanttoknowmore: May I suggest you put a priority on getting the crosses made and some rehearsal shots done so they can be posted before the Indiegogo campaign expires. If folks see what the final product is truly going to look like, there may be a surge in contributions and pre-buys. I know you folks have other stuff in the works, but the Indiegogo campaign ends in 50 days. Need to get something out there before then.

As I was saying, to build the crosses properly we need to know the exact location where we’ll be putting them. That is very important. We have to know what is around, what kind of vegetation if any, are there any trees? Big, small, medium? Is it a desolate hill without any signs of life? Is it a rocky place, will we need special equipment to dig nice and deep enough holes for the cross posts?

A very nice location was used in Romana Crucifixa Est. It was near enough for Jac and Amy to get there by car, work all day, and take the cab back. Done. And it look pretty, and there was a nice looking tree there that they used. The same location was used for two other films, one of them Maleficarum, where Amy is put to the fire. Unfortunately that place has become a suburban neighborhood with fancy houses it’s no longer a great location.

RomanaCrucifixaTrailer03HD-low.gif

Jimbob: I’m reminded of the dirt road Amy traveled down at the beginning of Dead but Dreaming. I feel that rocky terrain might be ideal. Was that location in La Paz?

All the locations in Dead But Dreaming are in or around La Paz, including the ancient pre Inca ruins at the TitiCaca Lake, which are a bit far, so we had to stay there for a couple of days to shoot the scenes where beautiful Vero is sacrificed to the gods, she becomes a vampire instead and turns Asar into one as well.

The location you mention is very near the city and there are other great locations around that area. The idea is to pick the one that will have the better conditions for a fantastic crucifixion.

Here is a picture that covers a large area of where we shot the scene mentioned, with the horse, in Dead But Dreaming. The big mountain there is called La Muela Del Diablo, (Devil’s tooth) and the rocky road is the one where Amy rode her horse closely followed by Vero.

muela-del-diablo.jpeg

We are also considering another area with a very intriguing name, Valle De Las Animas, (Valley of the Souls). It is a beautiful place with many possibilities that cannot be seen in one picture, but we’ll make a video of it when we go location scouting to the place sometime soon.

valledelasanimas04-1024x681.jpeg

The location is just one of the issues we must look into before we begin to build those crosses.

The other important subject to take into consideration is the look of the cross beams, are they going to be rough looking, like a normal log? Like in Justine?

JustineMakingOfDay19_20700.jpg

Or are they going to look like the one used in The Last Temptation of Christ. It would be rough and heavy looking; but not too heavy because the women are not super strong.

We have to find the appropriate kind of wood for a cross beam like that, which is not very easy to do and it would have to be worked in a way that it can be set on the long post, which has to be made as well and under specific conditions, one of them is the length of it.

LTofChrist01.jpeg

cruxlover: It seems like the campaign is picking up steam. Yay! I’ve been pretty busy and haven’t had time to check back on here recently, but I just added a contribution. Will try to add more going forward as well as continuing support here of course. On another note, the cross from Olalla looks great. It looks substantial and imposing and like a well-used instrument of torture and execution that has seen many victims. It doesn’t give the impression of something flimsy that was put together ad-hoc. I think the crosses of Seditiosa should look similar.

The cross in Olalla was made in two separate pieces, the post and the crossbeam and we took them both from La Paz to the far away location in Cayara, an all night trip by bus with the entire cast and crew. The post was very long and it didn’t fit in the luggage section of the bus, they had to arrange it in a way that it would go over the compartments of the luggage.

The plan was to set up the cross someplace in the countryside, on some hill, like a traditional Summit Cross you see everywhere in these parts. But when the owner of the Hotel Museum we were using as the location saw it, and determined the quality of the wood, he was very impressed and told Jac he could set it up in front of the colonial chapel at the museum, and even better than that, he would hire people to do the job. And so he did. The cross is part of the museum now.

OlaTheMakingOfCayara_3198.jpg

cruxlover: And with substantial crosses like that maybe it becomes possible to raise the crosses with the ladies already nailed to them, as I believe it would have been done. If the cross has a stable base for the raising (which I think can be hidden with clever camera angles) the risk of it falling over should be nonexistent.

To raise the entire cross with a person on it is extremely complicated, really, and time consuming, particularly because there are three of them. And then there’s the cost of doing it, plus the insurance… just in case. If we had a million bucks to make the movie, then anything is possible because there are ways and there are ways.

The one time I saw the raising of a cross that way was in an episode of Xena. Quick, effective shots, lots of green screen, and nicely done and very fast. Every shot screamed the high cost of it. Not to mention the insurance they probably had. Most Hollywood movies about Jesus don’t do that. They go through elaborate set ups.

vlcsnap-2013-04-08-10h18m31s216.png

That was precisely the issues we had when we were working on the Via Crucis of Camille videos way back. The intention of those videos were to see how it was possible to depict a crucifixion in doable terms and with available means. In that particular case, just One person to be crucified and another to do the whole job of doing the crucifixion. It was obvious that the best way to accomplish the task was to raise the crossbar up the post and that’s the way it was done in all of our movies from then on. It was very dramatic, sexy and allowed for a lot of breathtaking and painful looking movements.

VCC03raisingcrossSmall.gif

Via Crucis of Camille 3

We will be scouting for the locations and searching for the proper wood and the artisans to build those crosses soon. It will cost some money, of course, we’ll have to buy the wood for three crosses, pay transportation expenses to the locations and things like that. Unfortunately the money we’re raisin for the film is not coming directly to our hands… so… we would need to raise a few hundred dollars, up to at least 1000 to work on that.. and one way to do it is if some nice people buy our movies for 29.90 a pop. Ten people buying a film each already means a lot to us. How about it?

A friendly reminder, if 1000 people pre-buy the DVD for 30 bucks or the download for 25… we have the funds for the film! If one person puts 25,000 on the table… we have the funds!

It’s that easy!

I will be happy if by the end of the week at least 100 people pre buy a download for 25 bucks right now! Instead of paying 35+35 when it finally comes out. I would be even happier if 5 people contribute 500… or a combination of the two… or…

We have 49 days left for the campaign and still at 16%… let’s move it up to 20%!

IndieGoGoScreenShot20221019145433-1024x420.png

Come to our IndieGoGo Campaign and help us make Seditiosa possible!

Join Patreon and get the updates on our projects, with great pictures and videos, here:

You can also help by watching our amazing movies over and over again, you just have to get them

As I mentioned on the Patreon, I think there is a happy medium between the crosses in The Last Temptation and the logs the ladies were picking up.

Maybe take the weight of those crosses and the weight of the crosses in the Seditiosa teaser, and calculate the average? For example, (50+20)/2 =35. I also recall that Yahel's crossbeam looked more substantial than those of Judith and Magdalena. Definitely preferred Yahel's. Although you want the crosses to be carryable, I don't think you want to appear that they are being given a free pass just because they are women. I don't think that's how Roman justice would be.

Also, I think the Camille cross-raising method is incredibly effective, and very sexy. I think that formula works.

First of all, beautiful 'teaser pic' of Yahel in the opening post, she looks lovely carrying her crossbar! :)

I agree with Iconoclast's comments and would like to add:

1) Yahel's crossbar in this post looks realistic, also the iron rings for hoisting adds to the realism. 3x of those and I think you are fine.
2) The stipes should be ofc also realistic looking and secured in the ground 'upon arrival', = Camille's cross raising method.
3) Improvement of the 'Camille' method, apart from a more realistic crossbar, would be to secure the stipes and crossbar when in position with ropes. I think those 'swaying' crossbars reduces realism.
4) Also, referring to the 'Camille method' try and simulate nailing through the wrists and secure the wrists with a small rope before nailing. Feet's side by side and not 'spread' out. A footrest and / or a small seat mounted on the crosses.

Personally, I think the crucifixion in the LTC film is the best I have seen so far, but that method is too costly and complicated. It should also be considered that you have the possibility to re-use those crosses for future (?) film makings in Roman settings? (Bolivia, the new home for making modern 'sword and sandals films....... :) )

Finally, don't forget to continue supporting, so that all this can become a reality!

The Cross for Seditiosa II

MMMCristinaCrossTest_00042623.jpg

After the outpouring of support that One day sometime ago, things have slowed down in our campaign to make the big production values film Seditiosa. Money is coming in, little by little, and that is ok too. We have 47 days to bring in the cash.

But the discussions are as active as ever, even more so because the feeling out there is that we have reached all goals and we should be making the movie today. And some are critical of my factual posts, which are a reminder that we’re still far from production.

AristoCruxPromo112.jpg

A cross to bear, a bridge to cross

wanttoknowmore: When you post stuff like this, folks will lose confidence that the film will be made in any kind of a timely manner. You should be more positive – like we have narrowed the sites down to a couple of locations and the are finalizing the cross configurations. State when that will be done, along with some of the other long lead stuff.

The production of a movie has some definite stages. It’s not the same as the NO Budget Two Cast and Crew films like the CruXtreme series that can be done at the drop of a hat because we have everything for it, the amazing cast of one… sometimes two, the tremendous crew of one, all the props, the whips, the blood, the location… everything. We can do a few of them in a year.

CXIIIScreenShot20210611153952.jpg

Seditiosa is a big production values film and we have to go through all the mandatory stages. Finding the locations and making the props are just two of them. We also have to design and make costumes, but before we engage in that pursuit we have to cast all the characters we don’t have yet, that’s most of them, but most importantly, we have to have the complete script to know exactly how many min, supporting and bit actors we need, and after that, how many extras can we afford to clothe, transport and feed.

Seditiosa is as big or bigger production like Justine was and that’s how it is done.

JustineMakingOfDay19_20901.jpg

We are working on the initial stages, the very important script and the no less important work of pre-production.

We know what kind of locations we need and we have a pretty good idea of where they are. But we need to go there, select the areas that are best for the film. I think it is good to share our intention with people so they’ll have an idea of what is going on. My comments are not a complete report on what we are doing. It’s impossible to go into full details of what is happening because then I would need to write a book every week.

IMaleficarumMakingOf_4586.jpg

Mila and Erix checking locations for Maleficarum

wanttoknowmore: You also need to get some contracts cut to get stuff made NOW with payment in December. Saying now you need an additional $1000 after posting you are kicking things off again reinforces the perception that this thing is never going to be made in a timely manner.

The comment about the 1,000 bucks was just a way for me to make a point to encourage people to buy our movies. The more movies we sell, the more money we have and the more money we can use to get Seditiosa on the road. That’s all.

In these parts of the world where the informal economy rules, everything is cash at hand, specially with places like lumber mills, carpentry shops. They will not move a finger nor will they take a splinter off your eyeball without an advance and will not deliver the goods without the final payment. And we must be prepared for delays. We schedule those too.

We will be going up to a city called El Alto, above the city of La Paz, where we will find the wood for the crosses, but we have to have a pretty good design of what we need and exactly how we need it. That’s what we did it when Amy designed a prop for Justine. She made a blueprint for the people at the lumber mill/carpentry to cut it to her specifications and when they were done and we picked up the parts of the prop, she built it and it worked out pretty well.

JustineMakingOf002.jpg

wanttoknowmore: With regard to the wood type, allow me to suggest balsa, at least for the cross member. It will be light enough for the gals to carry, even in the more substantive dimensions needed for the strength and the visual impact. You can also make a composite beam with a piece of plywood sandwiched into the balsa, which again will add strength and stiffness with much weight. You can then “weather” the wood via a gray stain with much issue.

Any work with any type of wood will require we have a design for both, the crossbeam and the stipe, it seems simple enough, but there are some details to be considered, like how will the crossbeam be attached to the stipe, how high exactly. How long is the stipe going to be and other important details like that. So, back to the location. We must know where those crosses are going to be, what kind of terrain, because we will have to dig holes to plant those vertical logs of wood, and they have to be secured so they will stay there no matter what you attach to them. Size matters and it is my belief that they will stay there forever.

JaneEarlyTest_0169.jpg

Amy testing her cross

We have years of accumulated experience on trying different ways of having a crucifixion, so many ways, so it is not difficult to make decisions, but we need the basic parameters to choose one or another type of cross for the film and that is part of pre production and that’s the stage we are in right now.

But fear not, those decisions are not going to take forever.

LeMarquisRaising.gif

We have 47 days left for the campaign and now at 17% toward our goal. Let’s move it up to 20% before the weekend is over! I want to wake up Monday morning and find that we’re on our way to 50%!

If 1000 people pre-buy the DVD for 30 bucks or the download for 25… we have the funds for the film!

If one person puts 25,000 on the table… we have the funds!

It’s that easy!

I will be happy if at least 100 people pre buy a download for 25 bucks right now! Instead of paying 35+35 when it finally comes out. I would be even happier if 5 people contribute 500… or a combination of the two… or…

IndieGoGoScreenShot20221021112943.png

https://igg.me/at/seditiosa/x/4977291#/

Join Patreon and get the updates on our projects, with great pictures and videos, here:
https://www.patreon.com/rfpix?fan_landing=true

You can also help by watching our amazing movies over and over again, you just have to get them

Download our films

RFPIXDownload.jpg

Get our DVDs by mail

RFPIXDVDs.jpg

Last edited:
Something that has me excited is how so many of these locations in Bolivia remind me of the stereotypical "Holy Land" landscapes I've encountered in Christian media growing up. A mix of desert, hills and the occasional trees. I really think this production is going to honor the historical and geographical context of its source material! Excited to be transported to 1st Century Judea with this film!

Speaking as a biased Amy fan!!.. I feel that RF lost momentum after Amy left as she had a huge following plus she was great with the media (her Q&A sessions on YT for example). Maybe if some of her little known material was released (AKA Double-Cross) and then marketed, then that may give a source of funds for RF? I know I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Speaking as a biased Amy fan!!.. I feel that RF lost momentum after Amy left as she had a huge following plus she was great with the media (her Q&A sessions on YT for example). Maybe if some of her little known material was released (AKA Double-Cross) and then marketed, then that may give a source of funds for RF? I know I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.
As a contributor for Seditiosa, I would love to support another Amy film! I did not know there was even a film called “Double Crossed” please please release it! I am sure you would raise the funds you need to support the new project.
Thx & M

Man, I wish the deadline was further out. I'll have quite a bit more cash in a few months, but not enough to give as much as I'd like. I'd love to drop 5 racks and go to La Paz to be an extra, hahahaha. You just missed my big South American trip too. When the money is there, I will absolutely put some behind this, its a project that needs to be made. It won't be *that* much, tho :/

Yahel On My Mind

69Teasers_00230311-1-1024x576.jpg

I woke up this morning with Yahel on my mind.

Sure, it sounds like a gospel song from the southern parts of the USA or a blues song from Chicago or a Monty Python joke… but I did and I got up this morning and turned the computer on hoping to see that my dreams had come true and that we passed the 5,000 mark in our campaign for Seditiosa; but ALAS! … NO.

We’re at 4,479 and, if you ask me, it looks like we’re kind of stuck.

IndieGoGoScreenShot20221024110340-1024x426.png

I was greeted; however, with a private comment in one of my inboxes in one of the forums where I am a frequent contributor.

I think the RF community funding possibility is more or less exhausted.

I don’t think so, … well, at least I hope not, but it feels that way. There are some people who will be contributing at a later date, that much I know and I’m sure many people want to get the Download Perk but are waiting for the right moment to open their wallets.

There’s one person in particular who commented:

mp5stab: Man, I wish the deadline was further out. I’ll have quite a bit more cash in a few months, but not enough to give as much as I’d like. I’d love to drop 5 racks and go to La Paz to be an extra, hahahaha. You just missed my big South American trip too. When the money is there, I will absolutely put some behind this, its a project that needs to be made. It won’t be *that* much, tho :/✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

We would love for anyone to drop 5K into the project and to be one of the lucky ones… but whatever you can put in we’ll be appreciated and fear not, the possibility of helping out will be there even after the deadline.

We’re still 44 days away from that date, plenty of time to contribute, but again, after we reach that date the possibilities to contribute will be there even as we go into production… and post production. Yes. But it would be nice to go into production with some very good cash at hand.

69Teasers_01024609-1024x576.jpg

Simonne rehearsing a scene in 69 Année Érotique

portis: Speaking as a biased Amy fan!!.. I feel that RF lost momentum after Amy left as she had a huge following plus she was great with the media (her Q&A sessions on YT for example). Maybe if some of her little known material was released (AKA Double-Cross) and then marketed, then that may give a source of funds for RF? I know I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it.

A lot of things happened after Amy left for the US, many films were made and released, many more are still in post production, others waiting for their theatrical release, we had a pandemic that paralyzed the entire planet and so on and so forth, but as it happened with Camille when she stopped working in films, we entered a transition and we’re now back in the planning of big productions.

CXVSc02_0601_00221627-1024x576.jpg

M & Thx: As a contributor for Seditiosa, I would love to support another Amy film! I did not know there was even a film called “Double Crossed” please please release it! I am sure you would raise the funds you need to support the new project.

Well, I have news about that particular movie, Double Cross, a film Amy, Vero and Jac did a while ago. It wasn’t really planned, they were playing around, improvising and having fun with the cameras on. It was at the time Vero was in Bolivia to star in Amy’s first film as director Sirwiñakuy.

Sirwinakuy281.jpg

As they prepared the production of this controversial and extremely sexy film, the threesome were doing some camera tests, took some nice artistic pictures and found themselves shooting a movie. Jac titled it Double Cross because both, Amy and Vero shared the same cross.

Soon after it was done, they went on to produce Amy’s film, and before Vero left for France, they shot another one, Specters of Blood Castle.

jane&gabriellePromo008.jpg

Amy and Vero during the photoshoot

While Sirwiñakuy and Double Cross were in post new plans emerged. Sirwiñakuy was released and as Jac worked to complete both Double Cross and Specters of Blood Castle, the new plans began to take shape and before they new it, Amy and Jac were producing a bunch of High Production Values films, like Maleficarum and you know the story.

Double Cross and Specters were shelved for a long, long time.

DoubleCross_00032115-1024x576.jpg

While we prepare the productions of 69 Année Érotique and Seditiosa, Jac is also working on the post production of the many movies waiting in line and one of them is Double Cross.

He was going over the films to see at what stage they are those and he found that this little gem of a film is practically done, it needs its final cut and some corrective work on the sound and Jac got into it very quickly.

The weird thing about the nice comments about Amy and Double Cross is that of all the films we want to release between now and the end of the year, this old and playful movie is the first on the list. We expect to release it sometime before the end of this month and the first week of the next.

DoubleCross040719.gif

I’m hoping that when you all finish reading this post, you will feel generous, open your wallet and contribute to the making of Seditiosa an amazing reality with any amount, from 25 bucks all the way to 25,000. If you can’t contribute with 25, you can also just send a contribution of any amount, even 5 bucks or less.

https://igg.me/at/seditiosa/x/4977291#/

https://www.patreon.com/rfpix?fan_landing=true

Download our films

RFPIXDownload.jpg

https://movies.redfeline.com
Get our DVDs by mail

RFPIXDVDs.jpg

https://dvds.redfeline.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom