Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
"If anyone can show just cause why this couple cannot lawfully be joined together in matrimony, let them speak now or forever hold their peace!"
It gets another meaning here, at least if you want to leave the ceremony in one piece!:confused:
The British Anglican version was "cause or just impediment", and when I was a youngster I thought it was "George Augustus Perryman" wondering who the hell he was and what he had to do with it.

I just found an example for the cruelty of coincidences by combining human imagination with nature's power.

Some decades ago, there was a sudden flooding of a public car park near a river and the forgotten cars were pushed by the floods into one corner of the car park which was usually observed by security personnel during the night, so it was the "Frauenparkplatz" (= "Car Park for Women") in this corner !

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.05.21_15h02m20s_001_.jpg Isn't this sad? :eek:

Last edited:
piff paff bang bang tratatata meow :machinegun::mouse:
View attachment 861407
She has not observed the Bodleian Library's Readers' Oath:

I hereby undertake not to remove from the Library,
nor to mark, deface, or injure in any way,
any volume, document or other object belonging to it or in its custody;
not to bring into the Library, or kindle therein, any fire or flame,
and not to smoke in the Library;
and I promise to obey all rules of the Library.

I am sorry to mention this joke from a German newspaper here (origin unknown) but I simply cannot resist any more and please do not try to imagine of whom Germans are thinking by telling this:
- "Did you hear of the terrible fire in the president's library?"
- "No, what happened?"
- "All his books were destroyed in the fire! Even more terrible, all both were not really finished. The autobiography about his heroic deeds in the army was not yet finished by the ghost writer and in the coloring book, the president did not color all comics yet!"

Last edited:
I am sorry to mention this joke from a German newspaper here (origin unknown) but I simply cannot resist any more and please do not try to imagine of whom Germans are thinking by telling this:
- "Did you hear of the terrible fire in the president's library?"
- "No, what happened?"
- "All his books were destroyed in the fire! Even more terrible, all both were not really finished. The autobiography about his heroic deeds in the army was not yet finished by the ghost writer and in the coloring book, the president did not color all comics yet!"
A classic one!;)
It has the advantage, that you can fill in any name!:D

Back
Top Bottom