Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
Unfortunately, another famous man of Hollywood has died:

The original Ghostbusters is his best work ever. Forget the sequels, they're not great (and the 2016 all-female reboot is so completely garbage that it gives garbage a bad name, but to be fair that wasn't one of his)

Some things don't need sequels. Ghostbusters was a comedic masterpiece - lightning in a bottle, never to be repeated

P. J. O"Rourke's idea of funny could be nasty and what’s worse, this founder of the decidedly left wing National Lampoon went Republican just in time for the Reagan regime. Although by 2017 he voted for Hillary Clinton and wrote

Now that I think of it, the dude’s name won’t mean much or anything to anyone outside the U.S. But I for one will definitely miss Peej.

7447EB84-E1B1-42E3-A188-8CE2DFA72E3B.jpegE7F78F90-C7CA-42A2-BF36-7C7F05BEBE94.jpeg

P. J. O"Rourke's idea of funny could be nasty and what’s worse, this founder of the decidedly left wing National Lampoon went Republican just in time for the Reagan regime. Although by 2017 he voted for Hillary Clinton and wrote

Now that I think of it, the dude’s name won’t mean much or anything to anyone outside the U.S. But I for one will definitely miss Peej.

View attachment 1131526View attachment 1131527

He is known outside the US, perhaps not widely, but I have a couple of his books that I bought while living in Britain, and his writing could be found in a range of periodicals. His death has been reported in British media. Here's the Spectator's tribute.

I like the examples of his humour I've seen and heard today. As a kind of peaceful anarchist, with no great enthusiasm for 'left' or 'right', I like the way he punctures the arrogance and self-satisfaction of politicians and pundits across the board.

Back
Top Bottom