Post Crucifixion

Go to CruxDreams.com
Thank you both, I'm still a rookie and I do not control all of the post, as to the title, if I like, thank Eulalia.
why? thehangingtree
and thank you mr welsh web of course

If you'd gander at others threads you would see
View attachment 77827

tree

Yes, until Tree introduced it in to the Rebellion thread I had never thought much about bodies tossed on the ground beneath the crosses, but it does add to the horror and intensity of the scene.

I think the idea of Crucifixion was to leave the bodies hanging​
till the flesh was all eaten or rotted away,​
and the bones tumbled to the ground​
to just lie there as a greeting for future victims -​
an eerie place where half a corpse or a ruckle of bones​
might suddenly drop like a conker off a tree!​
Jesus was probably exceptional in having friends to claim his body and bury him,​
slaves and common criminals wouldn't have done.​
Golgotha wasn't "Place of the Skull" for nothing.​
I think there may be classical Crucifixion paintings​
that pay attention to this detail,​
I'll watch out for some.​

not a Crux, but my favourite Andromeda​
(Joachim Wtewael 1611)​
has a surreal, Dali-like, collection of girls' skulls and bones,​
mingling with exotic seashells,​
around the deliciously lively-looking maiden's legs.​
perseus.jpg

Tree gets in trouble with the EPA, DNR, NOW, and a host of others if he leaves the bodies to rot...

:oops:

t

it's far more Earth-friendly than using them for landfill,​
never mind burning them,​
and it supports wildlife! :p

There are a few drawings in my file on this subject I am new to this forum, so Hi, but have been around awhile .

USEFULNESS
The duke had a penchant for putting convicts to useful tasks. On the crimes requiring the death to be crucifixion, he hired the convicts out to his farmers for a small fee. the crow problem was reduced quite a bit.
crux36.jpg

There are a few drawings in my file on this subject I am new to this forum, so Hi, but have been around awhile .

USEFULNESS
The duke had a penchant for putting convicts to useful tasks. On the crimes requiring the death to be crucifixion, he hired the convicts out to his farmers for a small fee. the crow problem was reduced quite a bit.
View attachment 78515
Excellent idea, every cornfield should have one, the farmer could even charge for spectators to view.

Back
Top Bottom