Privacy And Anonymity On Your Computer?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Seriously, it's well to be aware that any site like this is easily accessible to anyone - from sinister state authorities via villains seeking personal details they can exploit through to surfers who just happen to land here. There's no such thing as a totally secure site, there's no such thing as a totally hack-proof computer. So, if your life-plan includes running for President, it's probably not a good idea to be a regular on CruxForums. But those of us with more modest ambitions needn't get paranoid, we can take obvious sensible steps to protect ourselves from the average amateur villain - and if the big nasties are finding that eulalia's secret life is a bit more exciting than her "real" one, I hope they're enjoying it!

One thing we do recommend - though it certainly won't protect you from the IMF - is to check your 'privacy' settings. Put your cursor over your name at top right, don't click until a drop-down menu appears, then click 'privacy'. In that menu, you can limit access to your Profile to 'members only', or even block it completely.

Seriously, it's well to be aware that any site like this is easily accessible to anyone - from sinister state authorities via villains seeking personal details they can exploit through to surfers who just happen to land here. There's no such thing as a totally secure site, there's no such thing as a totally hack-proof computer. So, if your life-plan includes running for President, it's probably not a good idea to be a regular on CruxForums. But those of us with more modest ambitions needn't get paranoid, we can take obvious sensible steps to protect ourselves from the average amateur villain - and if the big nasties are finding that eulalia's secret life is a bit more exciting than her "real" one, I hope they're enjoying it!

One thing we do recommend - though it certainly won't protect you from the IMF - is to check your 'privacy' settings. Put your cursor over your name at top right, don't click until a drop-down menu appears, then click 'privacy'. In that menu, you can limit access to your Profile to 'members only', or even block it completely.
Thanks Eulalia! A Happy Cruxing to you!

never change a winning team:D

But I am seeing another problem here:
When I click on Marcie's Link, I get redirected to "onlinefwd"... what is a well known redirect virus.
However so far I thought it is client side only.
Further on, when activating Malwarebytes online protection, access to Cruxforums is blocked as "potentially dangerous site"!
A couple days ago I informed Imagemaker about strange links that were showing up in PM's (of others).

All this together makes me think that CF got hacked!

Needless to say that I don't have a rootkit or virus on my system and that Malwarebytes reports it as clean as well.

Strange, strange, strange...

Mystery solved, Marcie's link is wrong, malewarebytes instead of malwarebytes!!!

Uh Hon? You HAVE malware already installed in your system then, trust me?

Take a thumb drive to an uninfected pc, download what I said Malwarebytes.com boot your pc with it installed, update it, and run a complete scan, take two aspirins, call me in the morning?

Uh Hon? You HAVE malware already installed in your system then, trust me?

Take a thumb drive to an uninfected pc, download what I said Malwarebytes.com boot your pc with it installed, update it, and run a complete scan, take two aspirins, call me in the morning?
No, just correct your link (I alerted mods, should happen shortly) and all is fine. My computer is healthy.

This doesn't resolve the question why Malwarebytes blocks CF if activated!

Link now changed to
http://www.malwarebytes.org/lp/malware_lp/?gclid=COb9u5CxpLMCFebLtAodrD4AmA
Melissa

Good! I'm sorry my link was wrong, ( I washed my hands this morning, can't do a THING with my fingers) but if it refuses to install (ignore the warning you get, normal) then you have serious malware installed!
No: I have malwarebytes installed and it is perfectly happy with my system.
BUT, I updated to Pro on one of my computers, what includes live online protection and this new part is not happy with CF... (or some other services used by, or some other domain)
http://forums.malwarebytes.org//index.php?showtopic=21076

Actually MalWareBytes looks at the IP address, so it needn't be CruxForums what is causing 193.169.40.4 to be on MalWarebytes block list!
There are 23 domains on this same IP address!
One of them probably is hacked.

Back
Top Bottom