Reply to Melissa question on animate gif.

Go to CruxDreams.com

111jack

Governor
Dear Melissa
I put the animated gif first to give to the post more dynamic and something funny and the second because i was sure you asked me something about it !! :)
I don't have time to create my own gif so i simply made a search on the net and save it, awever there are many free programs you can use to create them.
A gif is basically composed by more images and must have 255 colors max, the one i posted are i think at least six and time from one to another is 1 sec.
This is an online free tool to create them but only whit three images : http://picasion.com/ it can helps to give you an idea of how it works.
There are a lot programs to create animated gif the most simple in my view is Gif movie gear is not free but all you have to do is wait...... B-)
Images must be alredy small or they will became just a pixel mix, Is also important how you upload images when you finish.
As you rightly noticed i use imageshack whic is usefull to save space on server web pages and for advertising email, wich i made for my customers this way you have page of 3kb very easy to open and watch immediatly images, then i use it just for fun inside forums to make them look better.
The image you upload should be alredy at the dimension you want if, you look on the banners they are all on right dimension, so people just clic and save them.
If you want to experiment make a free subscription here:
wavewh9.gif

http://imageshack.us/
Then have fun serching gif you like and uploading to the site is basically as Adrive you show me, read well all options and tools you have.
I noticed you are too impulsive whic is not so good whit PC [-x , what is good instead is your entusiasm and the will to learn and discover new thing !!
This is the gif attached as you can see the resoult is completly different, not to mencion that we are also using server space.
[attachment=0:t3eoqc01]wavewh9.gif[/attachment:t3eoqc01]
I would like to send you one of my advertisment page but server protection don't allow HTML files, the purpose was to show you that in only one html page you can have all image you want, insted if you try to save a webpage as html you will also have a directory whit images included so i think imageshack is really good for business and for fun.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Cheers
Giacomo

Attachments

• wavewh9.gif
    wavewh9.gif
    23.9 KB · Views: 214
Hi,
I signed up with imageshack but not had a reply yet. I've looked at a few Gifs but still can't upload them properly. I click on Post Reply then img then paste the url as the following attached pic shows,
but all I get is the message "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image"

Melissa

Attachments

• ScreenShot035.jpg
    ScreenShot035.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 178
Dear Melissa
Glad you solved everthing :)
Just to give you an idea the largest image to put on the forum using the direct right link is 600 pixel not more if you want that image show up on the post
If you want to upload bigger images you can use Thumbnail Size link and the result will be this :

This way you can post a very big pic but who want to look at it will be redirected to imageshack to see it full size.
Remember to resize pics before uploading them otherwise you can use imageshack tools but they are crap.
I sent you a PM finally i finished uploading !! for you it will take no time to download i hope you will like it.
Regards
Giacomo

54300ei9.gif

Thanks LOTS for the PM. That was two prezzies...only expected one!
Melissa

Dear Melissa
:ymblushing: You are too kind thanks, i love fairies so sweet !! :ymblushing:
As my mistress you deserve some more attecion.
Please let me know if you have doubt or if you need some help.
Ciao
Giacomo

111jack said:
Dear Melissa
:ymblushing: You are too kind thanks, i love fairies so sweet !! :ymblushing:
As my mistress you deserve some more attecion.
Please let me know if you have doubt or if you need some help.
Ciao
Giacomo

I want to make a simple video of how to post an animated Gif but I am not sure of the best way of posting such a Gif, All I do is
1.Visit ImageShack and find the Gif
2.Click on the Gif I want
3.Click on Image Properties
4.Copy the http: address
5.Go to CruxForums and Post Reply
6.Click o the img button
7.Paste in
between the img brackets
8.Add text
9.Submit

And it is done. I don't download anything...just provide the http addrerss. Is this the correct way to do it ?

Thanks for the PM...everything downloaded OK... :)

Melissa

melissa said:
I want to make a simple video of how to post an animated Gif but I am not sure of the best way of posting such a Gif, All I do is...
Melissa
Dear Melissa
I'm puzzled are you a mistress or the techincal sweet good fairy ?? :p
trilly2.gif

Melissa as Tinker Bell !! coming soon: "Tinker bell and the crux of I.T."
I think your idea of making a video on how to use Imageshack is great, but the first purpose in my opnion, is because we will save a lot of space on server and a second factor we will be able to make nice posts.
In my view you should follow those steps i copied yours and added some things.
1.Explane images types and size.
2.Explane how to log in to imageshack and navigate thought the site by pressing my images.
3 How to upload pics (remove the size on Thumbnail option and the resize options )
4.How to manage images once uploaded. (for exemple make them pubbilc or private this is very important mine are all private this way i share only what i want and nobody would be able to browse my album)
5.Click to select the image i want to share ( borders became orange to make sure i selcted the right one).
6.Click on Image Properties the (i) icon on top.
7.Explane very well the options from the pop up square,in our case is just two: forum links normal or Thumbnail, first one for small pics second one for big images.
8.Copy the code from imageshack forum links.
9.Go to CruxForums and make a new post or a reply.
10.Write the topic and paste the code as it is ( whitout pressing board buttons or type anything )
11.Press Submit button to complete.
If i was in you i would focus very well on image size explaning how to use the two links:
First code is if you want that image show on the topic so maximum widness is 600 pixels.
Second code Thumbnail for big image size.
Is not so important that you focus on GIF because it works the same whit every other images types.
Cheers
Giacomo
Ps. check Adrvie there are some new things ;)
And guess..... one is specific for this task.
Finally enjoy this video from youtube and tell me.... do you believe in magic or not ?
[flv:1zzkbbxt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1rQp_Kfx2I&feature=related[/flv:1zzkbbxt]

Now I'm really puzzled. 8-| I thought Elena Eja was connected with Cyber Goddes who has now disappeared. I'd like to believe in magic but being a mathematician I prefer to stick to logic.

Melissa

Attachments

• insect039.jpg
    insect039.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 106
melissa said:
Now I'm really puzzled. 8-| I thought Elena Eja was connected with Cyber Goddes who has now disappeared. I'd like to believe in magic but being a mathematician I prefer to stick to logic.
Melissa
Dear Tinker Bell
I was editing as usuall the topic so it could be because of it.
Try to press menu on the bottom bar and then play.
By the way to slove the problem unistall all flash players especially Jwplayer form your PC and install last version of Adobe Flash player from adobe site.
And don't use Firefox, i don't think your life will change if you wait 2 second more or less to open a web page :)
Believe me you catch viruses whit every browser and even if you are not browsing anything but just by being connected.
If it works may you please delete both post so we don't go out of topic, and you can try the program i sent you wich has a specific funcion to create video for youtube.
Elena is the girl who posted the video on youtube.
Cheers
Giacomo

I remember now. Elena Eja had nothing to do with CyberGoddes. I saw her name on Bondage in the Wood video by ImageMaker . Why would Elena upload a Tinkerbell movie to Youtube? I'm even more confused.

Melissa

Attachments

• insect040.jpg
    insect040.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 100
melissa said:
I remember now. Elena Eja had nothing to do with CyberGoddes. I saw her name on Bondage in the Wood video by ImageMaker . Why would Elena upload a Tinkerbell movie to Youtube? I'm even more confused.
Melissa
Dear Melissa
May you please tell me if you can see the video now ??
I supposed to use it to make some fun not to add another technical problem #-o my poor brain.
Now all you have to do is relax and stop your matemathic mind to make questions on how things works and why, i know is hard because i have same mind.
Try to enjoy and i will be pleased to help you on your imageshack tutorial, then we will do adrive tutorial, so we will save a lot of space on the server.
Your other mission is find a site like youtube wich allow every kind of video look here please : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1089#p11002
Don't try to make 100 things at same time, is better to know well one thing that know bad many things.
You can decide what you want to do if you like to do video first, let's do it then we will do something elese, there are many things to do but we have to stay focused and decide priority.
Do you Agree ?? ;;)
If yes may you please delete all this replies and go on whit our main topic "how to use imageshack" and possibly have some fun too !!
Ciao
Giacomo

Hi jack,
I can see and post youtube videos. The big problem is finding a similar site to youtube that will accept adult videos. Showing people how to use Imageshack and post Gifs should be easy enough. As far as I recall only Admihoeck has ever posted a Gif and I am surprised no one else has had a go.

Melissa

hula_jiggle.gif

Dear Melissa
That's fine now let's go on one thing at the time if you don't mind.
Let's go on whit imageshack tutorial did you find the correction i made right ?
As you noticed i decided to not point just on GIF but to make something that should be used for every images.
Just an exemple you posted your desktop i know it can sound annoyng but if you used imageshack instead of uploading the pic directly to forum we could save space on it.
Take for exemple Arcimboldo pics if we upload them on imageshack in case of forum failure we still have all pics.
Did you tryied Camtasia studio or you prefere using another thing ?
Once you have made the video you can upload i can upload it to my youtube account so it will display as the others video what do you think ?
Cheers
Giacomo

melissa said:
Sounds like a good idea to me.
Melissa
Dear Melissia
That's great so after you made the video put it in to Adrive so i will upload it on this topic we will check if is fine then, you can open a new topic whit only the video.
Cheers
Jack

Hi jack,
I have another question. I don't understand what is wrong with my calculations.

There have been 10 422 posts on this site.
Assume 200 KB per post.
That is a total of 10 422 X 200KB = 2 084 400KB
That is 2 084MB
That is 2.084 GB

That is nothing! So where did I go wrong?

Melissa

melissa said:
Hi jack,

Assume 200 KB per post.
That is 2 084MB
That is 2.084 GB

Melissa
ah i'm wrong you write a comma and we a dot in an 1000 :(( :(( :)) :)) it's also about 2 GB

melissa said:
Hi jack,
Assume 200 KB per post.
That is 2 084MB
That is 2.084 GB
Melissa
Dear Melissa
I see that you read what i write :)
There :
111jack said:
I supposed to use it to make some fun not to add another technical problem #-o my poor brain.
Now all you have to do is relax and stop your matemathic mind to make questions on how things works and why, i know is hard because i have same mind.
Try to enjoy and i will be pleased to help you on your imageshack tutorial, then we will do adrive tutorial.
Don't try to make 100 things at same time, is better to know well one thing that know bad many things.
...there are many things to do but we have to stay focused and decide priority.
..............go on whit our main topic "how to use imageshack" and possibly have some fun too !!
Ciao
Giacomo
Am i asking too much ??
Your calculation is wrong from the begin simply because, messages are stored in a database wich is basically a compressed excel file on server that's why the size should be quite small, the attachements instead are in another folder on the server and in bytes are the total of files uploaded from posts, so you can't assume that a message is 200 kb this one is probably less than 1kb, also rememeber that 1Kb is 1024 BIT not 1000 because 1 byte is 8 Bit not 10 so is 8x8x8=512 x 2 =1024, take a look here if you like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte.
The only way to know the size is by making a backup.
Please i beg you do one thing thing at the time,is this a vital problem ? if i may reply for you answer is :NO, because everthing works anyway and we have things more important.
I alredy noticed that you probably don't know how many setting there are under administration panel of the board, we will manage also those questions like merge/split topics and move them and others simple things because those thigs are more important, they will make you able to menage the board.
I'm sorry but i have a job too all i have to do in my life is fix others problems as you saw by using remote control whit "teamviewer" i menage things quickly but my mind have a limit, i had to jump from a problem to another menaging infinite programs, go to customers phiscally, so may you please cool down a littel my sweet Thinker Bell.
Ciao
Giacomo

admihoek said:
melissa said:
Hi jack,

Assume 200 KB per post.
That is 2 084MB
That is 2.084 GB

Melissa
ah i'm wrong you write a comma and we a dot in an 1000 :(( :(( :)) :)) it's also about 2 GB

Hi Hans,
I'm interested in how websites like this store data. Can you explain how data is stored on this site? I'm not in the least bit worried about anything...just interested.

Julie

Back
Top Bottom