Reply to Melissa question on animate gif.

Go to CruxDreams.com
Dear Julie
It's very simple the working way is close to your pc i make you two exemple:
1) normal web site:
When you browse your server it looks like your Pc you can create folders and decide where to put things, but there are some folders that you can't delete wich are what are called web extencion, those folders contains commands and programs, that allow you for exemple to show flash video on the webpage and some diagnostic or program for access statistic.
See colum owner web310 (my username) menas you can work on them the othes are for server use, better to not go inside them whitout knowing what you do.
senzatitolo1zd.gif

This is the FTP view of my server inside html folder i putted web pages and others forlders where i put images of website just because i like order as a rule the home page must be named as index.html or home.html depeding on provider.
2) Board website.
Baically you have same folders above plus many others this is because on server is installed a software called PHPBB that is is what create and run the board.
After installation of it, Inside the server there will be many others files and the main page of forum wich will be again index.php
Depending on how you set up the board using PHPBB software you can create others folders.
In a standard setup the php folder contains those main things, Icons, emoticons, users avatar, database of messages, users database, attachment and so on.
The index.php page must be placed inside html folder wich is standard for every web server so this way pages will became pubbilc.
Php is a programming language very complicated compared to html i didn't know it because is not useful for what i do normally.
Watching everthing in a more simply way just imagine to install a program on your pc it create a folder whit all the others things he need to work.
Unfortunatly is not easy to find information on the net on how things really works, this is because there are books like those wich i used to obtain Microsoft certification wich cost 200€ and are 7 cm thick, so they don't want that everyone can have those informations for free.
My only advice is to not buy magazines because they are full of crap and confuse you, if you like buy a basic book, not like mine by Microsoft wich are expencive and too techincs, just a simple book whit the basis then you can go on step by step.
This is a wesite very intresting i found many helpful tips : http://www.phpbb.com/
Lastly you can ask to site owner to give you a reading only ftp access to this site so you can browse folders and explore server whitout any concern because all you can do is just watch.
Cheers
Giacomo
P.s. You didn't answer to my question about the perfect english pronuciation on your tutotial is it yours ?

Back
Top Bottom