Revenge of the Pulps

Go to CruxDreams.com
Man’s Life concentrated on covers of combat action and threatening animals (Weasels ripped etc.)

Here are three covers with slightly different artwork but exactly the same snake threat (OK one is giant, another is 20 feet and the other is 30. Would it make a difference to you if you were being attacked?) With three for one, I will only skim the blurbs.

July 1956 artist Wil Husley medium format

MANS-LIFE-July-1956.-Cover-by-Norman.jpg
“Jailbait Run Wild” Something needs to be done!

“Dig us out before we die” Please don’t wait until after!

“Americans are lousy lovers” News? “Women prefer foreign lovers” News? Grass is greener. Gals, they will prove just as insensitive in the long run and have inferior personal hygiene.

“Attacked by a Giant Boa” not a feather one! Any of you gals afraid of snakes?

Man’s Life date unknown medium format
3983932805_796a68c5ea_o.jpg
“Philadelphia, Pa. Week-end Paradise Pickup” Why didn’t anyone tell me when I lived there for 30 years?

“Eaten Alive on a Bed of Gold” “American Males are Afraid of Sex” Do these two stories go together?

“Crushed by 20 feet of Coiling Death” 20 feet! Any of you gals afraid of snakes?

November 1959 large format
Mans-Life-November-1959.jpg
“America’s 25 best hunting spots” for game or gals? Or both?

“Shocking P-Town” tip of Cape Cod, passion paradise (try cruising there in January!)

“Panic flames slow death” Smoky the Bear with fire safety tips

“Bashful Brides have ruined the American Male” Assuming he wasn’t ruined already! Actually, a catching title – you ask, how could they? A must read!

“Thirty feet of Writhing Hell” 30 feet now, and still growing! Any of you gals afraid of snakes?

More on this one later. But note we have a snake and a nurse!Mans-Life-December-1958.jpg

Chapter Two of The Agent, The Angels, and The Mexican Connection has posted.

Wild (for Men) December 1957
5126492286_f38e3d4634_o.jpg
"Santiago... Passion Pit of the Andes" No Sally, not the mints.
"Slaughter as Apache Pass"
"The Day Frisco Went Berserk"
cover "Bloody Panga, Story of the 'Mau Mau' Terror" A reminder that the origin of Men's Pulps was not only sex, but action/adventure (Unless some of you find sex in this cover art. In which case I hope you are receiving professional help) Panga is the shape of the most distinctive Machete used in Africa (The artist seems to be accurate in what can be seen of this Mau Mau's machete).
Mau Mau Uprising (1952–1964) took place in the British colony of Kenya before the time of most in this thread.

War Criminals August 1961 small format
WarCriminals196108AugNormandyAssoc8x.jpg
A magazine for those disgusted by the brutality of those Nazi War Criminals. Story after story of the brutal tortures. Art of the helpless (majority female) victims. Disturbing stories and pictures of horrors done to both sexes
6846525121_398b9588c7_b.jpg
Don't you love how those Nazi Fraulein torturers all insisted on working with maximum cleavage exposure!
From the guard's position with the rifle butt, I'm guessing this interrogation is over.

I understand there was a long waiting list of guards wanting to "work with" this Fraulein!

more fumetti pulp covers

Attachments

• sj0124.JPG
    sj0124.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 60
  • INC008.JPG
    INC008.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 65
  • (PUEK) Vampirissimo 1973 011 Kansi.JPG
    (PUEK) Vampirissimo 1973 011 Kansi.JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 2wprp5z.jpg
    2wprp5z.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 1053174_1115518_m.jpg
    1053174_1115518_m.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 1053174_1316771_l.jpg
    1053174_1316771_l.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 1053174_1269446_m.jpg
    1053174_1269446_m.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 1053174_1115538_m.jpg
    1053174_1115538_m.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 68
  • SR012.JPG
    SR012.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 61
  • SR115.JPG
    SR115.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 59
More from fumetto.
It seems the fumetti people weren't above the pulp trick of reusing cover themes
scharfrichter.JPG626580-6b4a76f0235f1d0c42dd702bf357134c.jpgmore sin in the second, good!

And another branding. The girl seems strangely unconcerned.
1053174_1269446_m.jpg

Pulp Paperback
Beacon-Books-B591F-1963-600x1008.jpg
There Were No Lengths To Which This Woman Would Not Go To Keep This Boy In Her Arms!
Jack had heard about women like her. He knew now that the call to fix her car was an excuse. He stood there just a few feet away, drinking in her golden loveliness, and his better judgment was no match for the burning desire she so deliberately lit in him…
Back Cover:
Beacon-Books-B591F-1963-Back.jpg
Her Husband Couldn’t Satisfy Her. Maybe This Boy Could!
Babs Duncan rose from her sunbathing, flaunting her woman’s body sensuously before him. He couldn’t be more than eighteen. His hard, garage-mechanic’s body lit fires deep within her. Jack had heard about women like her. He knew now that the call to fix her car was an excuse. He stood there, just a few feet away from her, drinking in the golden glow of loveliness from the top of her flowing, flame-colored hair…down ..down…to the tip of her lacquered toenails.
He knew he should get out but his judgment was no match for the fire of desire she lit in him. Before long this eighteen-year-old boy was her slave, addicted to strange lusts that only her greater experience could satisfy. She made him her puppet of passion. There were no lengths to which this woman would not go to keep this boy in her bed — and that included divorcing her rich husband.
What Kind Of Woman Seeks Out Young Men Or Boys For Satisfaction Her Own Husband Can’t Give Her?

This Book Gives A Fearlessly Frank And Honest New Insight Into A Social Problem More Common Today Than Is Generally Realized.

We are performing a vital service to society here!

Man’s Life concentrated on covers of combat action and threatening animals (Weasels ripped etc.)

Here are three covers with slightly different artwork but exactly the same snake threat (OK one is giant, another is 20 feet and the other is 30. Would it make a difference to you if you were being attacked?) With three for one, I will only skim the blurbs.

July 1956 artist Wil Husley medium format

View attachment 626470
“Jailbait Run Wild” Something needs to be done!

“Dig us out before we die” Please don’t wait until after!

“Americans are lousy lovers” News? “Women prefer foreign lovers” News? Grass is greener. Gals, they will prove just as insensitive in the long run and have inferior personal hygiene.

“Attacked by a Giant Boa” not a feather one! Any of you gals afraid of snakes?

Man’s Life date unknown medium format
View attachment 626471
“Philadelphia, Pa. Week-end Paradise Pickup” Why didn’t anyone tell me when I lived there for 30 years?

“Eaten Alive on a Bed of Gold” “American Males are Afraid of Sex” Do these two stories go together?

“Crushed by 20 feet of Coiling Death” 20 feet! Any of you gals afraid of snakes?

November 1959 large format
View attachment 626472
“America’s 25 best hunting spots” for game or gals? Or both?

“Shocking P-Town” tip of Cape Cod, passion paradise (try cruising there in January!)

“Panic flames slow death” Smoky the Bear with fire safety tips

“Bashful Brides have ruined the American Male” Assuming he wasn’t ruined already! Actually, a catching title – you ask, how could they? A must read!

“Thirty feet of Writhing Hell” 30 feet now, and still growing! Any of you gals afraid of snakes?

More on this one later. But note we have a snake and a nurse!View attachment 626475
And another
Man's Action May 1950
Mans-Action-May-1960-600x779.jpg
More skin thus time.

The pulp paperbacks often used the same artists as the magazines. Here are some more:
35330625-6427118311_36550dcd6e_o1-600x1001.jpgCarter Brown is always good for a sexy cover
16164833359_58513747e6_b.jpgRecurring Title; Does it appeal to men or women?
23623052152_b81c8ccb2c_o-600x1016.jpgThis one is interesting in so many ways. First instead of the usual cleavage, she is topless, though facing away (darn!) Looks almost Nazi?
Blurb seems to contemplate at least five of these sweet ladies inside.
"Women Without Morals" So what? Così fan tutte!

Some of my loyal Gefolgsmanns followers out there have noticed the establishment of rank and some promotions handed out. As this Reich thread expands into Lebensraum, many loyal observers wish to help in it's eventual Seig success. Those who do by such things as posting pulps or making exceptional comments (these will always need to include praise for Euer Führer your leader) will be recognized by my Großzügigkeit generosity.

Well aware that I never could reach the depth and serenity of your discriptions I will only post a few pulps (leaving any work to you).
As I have lost the overview a bit I hope there are no re-posts

Attachments

• 5165669332_090656daf6_b.jpg
    5165669332_090656daf6_b.jpg
    851 KB · Views: 57
  • a44.jpg
    a44.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 53
  • a62.jpg
    a62.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 52
  • a64.jpg
    a64.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 52
Well aware that I never could reach the depth and serenity of your discriptions I will only post a few pulps (leaving any work to you).
I myself am terrified I will be reposting by accident soon!!

Four excellent members of the genre. Some new to me! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom