Revenge of the Pulps

Go to CruxDreams.com
War Criminals August 1963, artist Syd Shores, small format
WAR CRIMINALS - 1963 08 August - cover by Syd Shores (wm)-8x6.jpgWAR CRIMINALS 8-63 10-65 - painting by SYD  SHORES (wm)-8x6.jpg
Cover and lovely unadorned artwork.
"The Blood-soaked Queen of Buchenwald" Do you think she showed a lot of cleavage?
"Exclusive! The Shocking story of a Japanese MP in Singapore Terror Was My Business" He is currently running a very successful import/export business in the same place.
"A survivor's Actual Report Hitler's Human Guinea Pigs" despite my jokes, many of these stories were from actual survivors and deserve respect. But form the cover, you never know.
"Joseph Goebbels, ink-stained killer of the Third Reich" Too bad Moore messed up killing him.
"Inside the story of the man even the Nazis called 'the beast' The Private Torture Slaves of Reinhard Heydrich" But the term 'the beast' was affectionate.

Some of my loyal Gefolgsmanns followers out there have noticed the establishment of rank and some promotions handed out. As this Reich thread expands into Lebensraum, many loyal observers wish to help in it's eventual Seig success. Those who do by such things as posting pulps or making exceptional comments (these will always need to include praise for Euer Führer your leader) will be recognized by my Großzügigkeit generosity.
Apology to Administration. Reich was to be struck out!

War Criminals August 1963, artist Syd Shores, small format
View attachment 626961View attachment 626962
Cover and lovely unadorned artwork.
"The Blood-soaked Queen of Buchenwald" Do you think she showed a lot of cleavage?
"Exclusive! The Shocking story of a Japanese MP in Singapore Terror Was My Business" He is currently running a very successful import/export business in the same place.
"A survivor's Actual Report Hitler's Human Guinea Pigs" despite my jokes, many of these stories were from actual survivors and deserve respect. But form the cover, you never know.
"Joseph Goebbels, ink-stained killer of the Third Reich" Too bad Moore messed up killing him.
"Inside the story of the man even the Nazis called 'the beast' The Private Torture Slaves of Reinhard Heydrich" But the term 'the beast' was affectionate.
And the redhead, her pose with the bar holding her elbows, her apparel disarray, whip marks, her ta ta's about to burst free, the weapons on the wall. It is SO sexy to me! I spend a lot of time alone in my locked room looking at her and thinking what..... Sorry, Too much information?

And the redhead, her pose with the bar holding her elbows, her apparel disarray, whip marks, her ta ta's about to burst free, the weapons on the wall. It is SO sexy to me! I spend a lot of time alone in my locked room looking at her and thinking what..... Sorry, Too much information?
Art Work Unadorned from Men Today March 1971, artist Mel Crair small size
MEN_TODAY_March_1971_-_original_painting_by_Mel_Crair-8x6-600x687.jpgVery similar theme, with garrote added. This is another one that I spend a lot of time.... Sorry, been there before. OMG I love it!

New Man July ? medium format
5606651194_6be8be309f_o.jpg
"Exposed - The Sex Death Wish of Teenagers" Have I mentioned before the obsession of these magazines and their middle-aged male readers with the sexual immorality of teenage girls rs?
"Horror House of Satan's Doomed Angels" Another story that could be anything, but certainly promises sex and violence
"Latest Lust Kicks of Suburbia's Kinky Set" I have to respect the writers here: Latest Lust; Kicks - Kinky! What is happening ll around you in your boring suburban home; and how can you get in on it?
"I Sell Special Sin Treatments" A kind of exorcism? Treatments to decrease (increase?) your sin. Sin here of course must be the sexual, lustful, dirty kind, right?

"Crawl my Lovely, Before the Mongolian Monster of Agony" Cute girl (not blond or redhead, strange) showing a little cleavage but nothing else, still seems very sexy to me. A few obligatory whip marks on thigh (those must hurt; the thighs are under reported on a lot of torture fantasies).
Evil Chinese Communists and a classic Mandarin are going to enjoy placing this innocent young woman in agony. But weren't the ChiComs and the Mandarins deadly enemies? I guess they formed a truce to torture the girl. (I would).

Can anyone suggest what is that block she's kneeling on? Is it like the Japanese shin torture? Look close and there's blood!

Man's World June ? Medium Format, must be late 60's
6270924329_1f9b97c5e0_b.jpgI classy under sex since there are no stand-out villians
"True Book Bonus 'Sexual free-for-all...where the censors sleeping?' - RECORD The Lovemakers" - Wow, with that blurb its got to be great, very dirty, and great!

"Exclusive Report The smuggled-out Diary of a Downed Yank Flier 'I Am A P.O.W. In North Vietnam...I May Be Dead When You Read This...'" Other than a minor complaint that Euer your typing-impaired Führer leader has to type the longest blurbs in history for this one magazine, I can only recall a downed yank flier who was a P.O.W. In North Vietnam, John McCain, who recently passed. Respect is due:goodjob:

"Nude in the Tub" now we're getting to a story that I can relate to. I think its in reference to the cover of Kathy in her blond prostitute phase in Jamaica (read The Agent, The Girl, and the Fidelistas if you don't get it)':Girls...Gold...Guns Yank Boss of 1968's 'Dodge City' On The Amazon." Obviously the background cover is referenced. But I can't figure out what Amazon was doing in Doge City, Kansas in 1968? Were they already selling books then?

"Scandal Of Our Gyp 'Schlock' Furniture Stores Now money Down-and Pay Forever" Can you say rent to own?

Stag October 1955
Stag - Oct 1955 - Killer Crabs - mag-025-c50-8x6.jpg
Mid 50's Adventure reigns, not sex and torture. Such an ignorant time!
"Horn of the Hunter, Fantastic African Adventures" Straightforward adventure with a horny author.

"Crawling Death of Bad Luck Island" Rather nasty attack on the cover. Wouldn't he be interested to know what crab-meat sells for these day? I see that cover and can only think of a coastal South Carolina Delicacy, She-crab Soup - outstanding! :hambre::hambre::hambre:

Pulp Fiction
14925933105_1dbf6cc3d1_k-600x1021.jpg"Father and Son Competing for Love and Lust" I love family rivalries!
14926027375_777d321837_k-600x1026.jpg"Satisfy his normal Hungers-and his abnormal ones as well!" Mine fall more in the latter group, but f****n' Yeah!
16594000759_1cb4b7b21f_k-600x1013.jpgSame art on different book. "She wanted more love. Wild love. Hot, sweet love!" The best kind!
23786402-4479387833_d1d7fed880_o1-600x450.jpgUnadorned artwork, "virgin" if you will!

Stag October 1955
View attachment 627653
"Horn of the Hunter, Fantastic African Adventures" Straightforward adventure with a horny author.

"Crawling Death of Bad Luck Island" Rather nasty attack on the cover. Wouldn't he be interested to know what crab-meat sells for these day? I see that cover and can only think of a coastal South Carolina Delicacy, She-crab Soup - outstanding! :hambre::hambre::hambre:
I have the book, "Horn Of The Hunter" It is about hunting in Africa in the early 50's. If you are into hunting stories, I recommend it. He also has a lovely wife but doesn't say how horney he is!!

Stag October 1955
View attachment 627653

That is a seriously bad case of crabs.
crabs.jpg

I see that cover and can only think of a coastal South Carolina Delicacy, She-crab Soup - outstanding! :hambre::hambre::hambre:
She-crab soup is a rich soup, similar to bisque, made of milk or heavy cream, crab or fish stock, Atlantic blue crab meat, and crab roe, and a small amount of dry sherry added as it is plated.
1538266170591.png

Real October ? year medium format
6234101762_3751850e80_b.jpg
"How to handle your sex fears" What sex fears do you have? Maybe we should start a thread. LOL
"Yesterday's Heros - Today's Derelicts - Our Vets are being Short-Changes!" Is this a current headline or one form 1960?
"'Trigger' Burke: A Lousy Life- A Dirty Death" Sort of poetic justice, don't you think?
"New! Story Contest for Working Men - see page 4" Hey Windar, check it out? Big money for stories!
"Trail by Combat!" Probably the cover -which is the reason I'm here. Our intrepid African Explorers seem to be a little outnumbered and in some danger. Why they are here, how they got here? Who Cares! That Babe is HOT! Full, natural woman's body! I always love a scantily clad girl in a pith helmet. My thoughts of what I'd like those tribesmen to do with her and to her are very X-rated!
And that face! Pretty blue Eyes. And that expression! She's thinking one of two things (or both)"
"Shit, I didn't think the summer safari pleasure trip would be like this!!!!" or
"So many men, rape, torture, bring it on!"

She-crab soup is a rich soup, similar to bisque, made of milk or heavy cream, crab or fish stock, Atlantic blue crab meat, and crab roe, and a small amount of dry sherry added as it is plated.
View attachment 627788
Recipe from an award-winning restaurant in Maryland. I've had it many times. No better seafood soup anywhere (apologies to New England chowder folks, but this is better).

She-crab soup

2/3 cup of butter
2/3 cup of flour
1 1/2 cup of chicken broth or 3 bouillon cubes melted in 1 1/2 cup of water
1 quart of half & half
1/2 cup of cold milk
1 T of Parsley
1 T of Old Bay seasoning or more to taste
1 Pound of Maryland blue crab Crab Meat
Sherry - optional

Melt Butter in large pot then slowly stir in flour and blend until smooth.
Slowly stir in broth constantly stirring and then simmer for two minutes.
Slowly stir in half and half and cold milk and stir until thickened (this will take a little time).
Add remaining ingredients (except Sherry)
Heat over low flame until hot.
Serve with Sherry on the side.
If too thick, add 1/2 cup milk.

The inside art of the Pulps, though B&W, was often of even better quality than the cover. And the story beginnings could be very sexy, or very silly, or both. Unfortunately many more covers survive as internet images than insides. But here are three fun ones:
6964385697_02b0e836cd_b.jpgArtwork by John Duillo, one of the best, for some historical torture story. Cleavage rendered magnificently. No other information. But it is Wonderful!:very_hot:
7929571596_11737997b4_h.jpg"The Three-Way Witch Fight for the Lost Emerald Mine" three-way - we know what that means, he he. I'm tempted to say who cares about the lost mine, but I suspect a number of readers studied the story carefully for hints to its location to strike it rich and dump their lousy job, wife and kids. The Story is "by Greg Cody as told to John King." A narrated story has more a ring of authenticity. The girls, though clothed, are nicely displaying cleavage and clearly not prudes. Read the blurb and first page of story - priceless!
14539555598_9ff908b829_h.jpg"The Pain Ordeal of a Nurse in Burma" Now we're talking! Pain Ordeal! Nurse in Burma! (though it's now Myanmar). Did I mention a Nurse! Wonderfully camp language in blurb and start of story. "His close-set pig-eyes blazed with hatred" - they don't write about Japanese like that anymore! Of course that vaunted Japanese rope and knot fetish is lacking here. They have a rope around her middle to keep her in the table, but the soldier is holding her arms. and legs appear free?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom