Scavenger's Daughter

Go to CruxDreams.com
I have always wondered what was the final fate of this brave Amazon queen. Quoom left this unclear. Most likely, she suffered the same horrible fate as her dark-haired priestess; crucified and burned. But it could also be that her tortures continued and she was finally crucified normally. It is clearly seen that she is forced to see how her priestess sister is executed like the brunette, but we will always wonder if she suffered the same fate.

I have always wondered what was the final fate of this brave Amazon queen. Quoom left this unclear. Most likely, she suffered the same horrible fate as her dark-haired priestess; crucified and burned. But it could also be that her tortures continued and she was finally crucified normally. It is clearly seen that she is forced to see how her priestess sister is executed like the brunette, but we will always wonder if she suffered the same fate.
As I recall Quoom left many of his stories without a clear finish or ending. Perhaps he wanted left that to the viewers imagination, or more likely, he became bored with the story line and wanted to move on to something else.

There were stories that Quoom dropped early on, probably because other topics suddenly became more interesting to him. "The Enemies of Rome" is more of a story that he continued for a very long time and that didn't really come to an end. But here, too, there is a typical course: In the first part of the story (until the Amazon queen runs into the trap) there is still a clear concept with text and an exciting plot, there is also a Roman commander who pulls the strings (who is later disappeared, the torturers alone determine what happens to the queen - completely absurd in reality!). In the second part, Quoom then raves about various torture ideas, but it's really only about torture, the plot of the story fades into the background and the text to the pictures suddenly stops.
Finally, the sister and priestess is prepared for the execution, the Amazon queen is supposed to watch, there are still one or two image sequences missing until the priestess dies, but suddenly it's over. Quoom must have asked himself how it's going on with the Amazon Queen to fare... and the air was gone.
It was similar in many other stories by Quoom, 'the air ran out for him at some point', sometimes he stopped in the middle of the story, sometimes just before a reasonable conclusion.

Last edited:
As I recall Quoom left many of his stories without a clear finish or ending. Perhaps he wanted left that to the viewers imagination, or more likely, he became bored with the story line and wanted to move on to something else.
I think that Quoom did indeed have an overflowing imagination and creativity and that he was in a hurry to jump on another story before finishing those in progress.

There were stories that Quoom dropped early on, probably because other topics suddenly became more interesting to him. "The Enemies of Rome" is more of a story that he continued for a very long time and that didn't really come to an end. But here, too, there is a typical course: In the first part of the story (until the Amazon queen runs into the trap) there is still a clear concept with text and an exciting plot, there is also a Roman commander who pulls the strings (who is later disappeared, the torturers alone determine what happens to the queen - completely absurd in reality!). In the second part, Quoom then raves about various torture ideas, but it's really only about torture, the plot of the story fades into the background and the text to the pictures suddenly stops.
Finally, the sister and priestess is prepared for the execution, the Amazon queen is supposed to watch, there are still one or two image sequences missing until the priestess dies, but suddenly it's over. Quoom must have asked himself how it's going on with the Amazon Queen to fare... and the air was gone.
It was similar in many other stories by Quoom, 'the air ran out for him at some point', sometimes he stopped in the middle of the story, sometimes just before a reasonable conclusion.
The last image of Enemies Of Rome. Quoom never release more artwork after that image.

Attachments

• rom607.jpg
    rom607.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 802
The last image of Enemies Of Rome. Quoom never release more artwork after that image.

Yes, I've always thought it a particular shame he didn't finish that story off. It was such an epic and that final scene had lots of potential. Ho hum. :confundio1:

Just a few to reactivate the thread...
I like #1, just because of how peaceful and resigned to their fate they look! Here's another one, from the same website (http://www.gregory-studio.websnadno.cz/9-otrokyn-a-sibenice.html)

Lucka_pred_popravou.JPG

I always wonder what these models are thinking. Every time you get locked into one of these, you've no idea if the photographer will let you out as soon as the shooting is done or... will the person behind the camera think you don't look miserable enough and keep you there for a couple of hours before snapping the picture, for that extra bit of realism?

Back
Top Bottom