Sleeping In The Cross

Go to CruxDreams.com

carlikos

Onlooker
After the flogging, after carrying the heavy cross, after being beaten and scourging, maybe the condemned were so tired that after being nailed to the cross, after an hour hanging maybe them felt sleep?

Or in the night? some crucified took days to die, so maybe in the night some sleeping could be possible in ancient real executions for crucifixion?

Interesting question.
It's hard to believe that anyone could fall asleep on the cross. Pass out, yes, but fall asleep?

Hum, in first, I doubt that they could pass more than a night to the cross : I think that it's a legend which says that some crucified men could resist more !
In second, suffering such a pain, I think that they rather are in a kind of unconsciousness and just having some moments of revival to breathe ....

We mostly talk about pain but physically pain only is a warning for danger, when the pain is over the frozen parts of the body so as one wrote begin.
Thus in fact a state of insensibility.

Then you are by mind to continue...

thought-provoking. A quick surf through stuff on the net suggests that the difference between normal sleep and various states of unconsciousness
(trauma-induced, anaesthetic, fainting, hypnotic, etc.) isn't all that clear. Someone crucified would be very likely to lapse into trauma-induced unconsciousness - shock, drop in blood pressure, difficulty in breathing, etc. etc. - she may well experience delirium, hallucinations etc., though hardly normal dreaming, she might well be constantly drifting off and be awakened by renewed pain and strain, though again it would hardly be normal, healthy wakefulness. In short, a more or less prolonged period of increasingly delirious semi-consciousness alternating with lengthening spells of oblivion.

the difference between normal sleep and various states of unconsciousness

In a recent Cafe Scientifique the speaker said that only sleep can restore the body, so the (trauma-induced, anaesthetic, fainting, hypnotic, etc.) periods of unconsciousness would not revive the body. Since I don't even sleep in a hotel room the first night, I cannot imagine anyone on a cross would have proper sleep. So the body is in just as much trauma in the next wakefulness period as it was in the last.

She been on this cross for a while, it seems. She seems to be exhausted and is trying to rest. Even if she does manage to fall asleep, on the cross, even that will be painful, and she'll wake up later, still on the cross.

Attachments

• suspended_animation.jpg
    suspended_animation.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 351
My thoughts about it :

When falling asleep, muscles are relaxed. During deeper sleep, they even get paralysed, preventing us to enact our dreams.
A condemned to the cross has many muscles constantly stretched and even stressed, because they hold the body weight.

Secondly being in an upright position would not help either for providing sleeping comfort. Even if the condemned will be very tired, he or she will most likely start falling asleep, getting constantly awake again, because the head will drop violently forward, and the muscles will not be allowed to relax. Probably it will be very frustrating for the already exhausted condemned, having to stay awake forcedly, forced by the cross.

Nice idea, this sleeping on a cross.

Have a woman bound to a cross for a fixed amount of time as a form of punishment alternative to incarceration.

Let her fall asleep, but keep your giggling to yourself however impossible this may seem.

Then walk up to her and gently tap her cheeks, saying "Wakey-WAKEY!"

When she is awake, say "Now, now! Sleeping was not part of the deal. You have been asleep for an hour and a half. That means you will be up here an hour and a half longer."

As she moans in impotent protest, say "Try not to fall asleep again, because you will have to make the time up by having it tacked to the end of your crucifixion time." Say this with a smile.

now there's a kink that's not occurred to me -
lying bound on a cross as a bed,
having to sleep stretched out like that -
it would be an interesting experience,
not easy - I don't sleep well on my back,
I'd probably snore! :p

...If you snore in the morning instead of just raising your cross nails will replace the ropes...
crux 048.jpg
...Now how the hell am I to sleep with that in mind???
crux 058.jpg
...Wake up Eul...
...how did I do???
gs 036 a.jpg
...Let's just say me pissing on you is going to be the best thing that happens to you all day. Damn, Eul, I don't know how you didn't wake yourself up!!!

-Joan Tree

If you snore in the morning instead of just raising your cross nails will replace the ropes...

such a lovely thought to go to sleep with,
not surprising it was hard to rouse me from my dreams :devil:

There have existed people who could with praying or in moment of great anxiety sweet blood. I can seek out their names.

Who would have a dream to be crucified and awake with pain?

Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane, a/c Luke 22:43-4 -
though the Greek translates strictly as 'sweat .. as blood',
'as if', or 'like' blood. But blood in sweat does occur,
as a rare medical condition.

It is difficult, as I have tried it. Well, sort of -- like this:

My bed headboard is the type that has balusters (I guess you call them) at either end. It's a queen size so I can stretch my arms out to the side and still be on the mattress.

Anyway, I've tried binding myself to the bed. First I tied off my ankles to either side. Then tying one wrist to one side of the headboard. I slipped my free wrist into a loop prepared that fit snug but that I could free myself from (I practiced a lot before committing to this!). There I was, spread-eagle on my bed, naked, on a hot summer evening with the AC turned off long enough so the bedroom heated up. I tied myself at dusk and laid there as the room darkened. I was resolved to remain there all night, letting my fantasies run away!!!

It was exciting, and damn hard to fall asleep! When I finally did drift off I had vivid, intense dreams that were not necessarily crux or bondage related. It was interesting waking up in that position on my back. As consciousness returned I realized I was very horny, and there was just a moment of panic until I realized I had done this to myself.

Did I say I was horny? Oh yes, very!!! I so wanted the door to be shoved open and a shadowy figure come in to furiously rape me as I lay!!!! (Well, at the least the fantasy of it.):eek:

I managed to last until dawn. I released myself, went to the bathroom to pee, then went right back to bed and curled up with my hand between my legs, savoring the sexy, tingly sensations that suffused my body. I slept for several more hours, waking very anxious and still horny....;)

Another time...and I hope you dear readers don't find this too disgusting...I put a plastic sheet over the mattress first. Then mattress cover and sheet. Then I could piss during the night, rather than hold my pee. Yes, nasty, isn't it?! But I wanted the sensation of being bound and helpless and needing to empty my bladder. All part of my fantasy....that I was able to actually experience.

What do those poor women bound in dungeons do, anyway?;)

To actually be tied to a cross on the floor of a cold, dark basement all night, and be unable to free myself until the person who put me there, comes by. Oh my, the experience of being unable to free myself would have been awesome!!! But I never trusted anyone enough to do that...

Last edited:
It is difficult, as I have tried it. Well, sort of -- like this:

My bed headboard is the type that has balusters (I guess you call them) at either end. It's a queen size so I can stretch my arms out to the side and still be on the mattress.

Anyway, I've tried binding myself to the bed. First I tied off my ankles to either side. Then tying one wrist to one side of the headboard. I slipped my free wrist into a loop prepared that fit snug but that I could free myself from (I practices a lot before committing to this!). There I was, spread-eagle on my bed, naked, on a hot summer evening with the AC turned off long enough so the bedroom heated up. I tied myself at dusk and laid there as the room darkened. I was resolved to remain there all night, letting my fantasies run away!!!

It was exciting, and damn hard to fall asleep! When I finally did drift off I had vivid, intense dreams that were not necessarily crux or bondage related. It was interesting waking up in that position on my back. As consciousness returned I realized I was very horny, and there was just a moment of panic until I realized I had done this to myself.

Did I say I was horny? Oh yes, very!!! I so wanted the door to be shoved open and a shadowy figure come in to furiously rape me as I lay!!!! (Well, at the least the fantasy of it.):eek:

I managed to last until dawn. I released myself went to the bathroom to pee, then went right back to bed and curled up with my hand between my legs, savoring the sexy, tingly sensations that suffused my body. I slept for several more hours, waking very anxious and still horny....;)

Another time...and I hope you dear readers don't find this too disgusting...I put a plastic sheet over the mattress first. Then mattress cover and sheet. Then I could piss during the night, rather than hold my pee. Yes, nasty, isn't it?! But I wanted the sensation of being bound and helpless and needing to empty my bladder. All part of my fantasy....that I was able to actually experience.

What do those poor women bound in dungeons do, anyway?;)

To actually be tied to a cross on the floor of a cold, dark basement all night, and be unable to free myself until the person who put me there, comes by. Oh my, the experience of being unable to free myself would have been awesome!!! But I never trusted anyone enough to do that...
Well that was quiet a reflection and some bold experimentation...

...as for the plastic on the mattress it surely added to you discomfort and is cheaper than a new mattress!!!

May I suggest if you try this again where a loin cloth so your release is captured against you...

Back
Top Bottom