Something That I Dont Understand....

Go to CruxDreams.com

messaline

Crucified Amazon
Hum...It was well understood that when we wanted to post an artistic pic or poem, we are asked
to do it in thumbail...
So, I dont understand why some members are repeating ( somebody said......) a text, which
sometimes takes 1/4 page (and just posted before!), to express a little comment of only a few lines...
There is perhaps something to do about that.....;)

(...)
So, I dont understand why some members are repeating ( somebody said......) a text, which
sometimes takes 1/4 page (and just posted before!), to express a little comment of only a few lines...
There is perhaps something to do about that.....;)

You are right. I cut a bit of your post while writing my answer and put it between brakets. :)

You make a good point messaline. People are too quick to click on reply. Another item for staff to discuss.
I suggest an automatic reduction to the message replied, only few words the begining of text ant the end words separated by dots ' You make a good ..... to discuss.' and link to the message as ' post: 59327' or '#3' in this message.

That may be possible..but I think only IM and Inge could program that.

That may be possible...
I think the real problem is not a coding one. People still don't know how to take a couple of seconds to reduce the wall of text they replied to. Plus, I really hate when a person divides up a quote and retorts to each individual part, so there must be a line there.

you can be sure it's even more irritating to us moderators, Messaline,​
editing out unnecessary wodges of text, attachments and YouTube links from "replies"​
is tedious and time-consuming -​
the "reply" button is really only needed if you're responding to something some way back up the thread,​
and even then it's considerate to edit out everything except the words you're actually replying to.​
But hard to see how we do more than ask members to look at what's in the reply box​
and THINK 'is all that really necessary' before clicking on 'post reply'​

But hard to see how we do more than ask members to look at what's in the reply box and THINK 'is all that really necessary' before clicking on 'postreply'​
It's what I was asking for, but selfdiscipline is sometimes difficult to reach...​

You have a good point Messaline
As i'm a relatively new forum member:i did not know this unwritten rule.
I will be more disciplined in the future;)

you can be sure it's even more irritating to us moderators, Messaline,​
editing out unnecessary wodges of text, attachments and YouTube links from "replies"​
is tedious and time-consuming -​
the "reply" button is really only needed if you're responding to something some way back up the thread,​
and even then it's considerate to edit out everything except the words you're actually replying to.​
But hard to see how we do more than ask members to look at what's in the reply box​
and THINK 'is all that really necessary' before clicking on 'post reply'​
It took me awhile to get the way things work, here, but I think I understand now....Sorry if I ever caused "extra" work, I know I did in my beginning.....

that's okay Marcie -​
just report to the Whipping Post for the generous flogging you've earned!​

that's okay Marcie -​
just report to the Whipping Post for the generous flogging you've earned!​
or helping with the new wheel in the dungeon of the coffeeshop
PDVD_045.jpg

Back
Top Bottom