The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
It's all been done before:
View attachment 765303
I suspect the creator of the first one was being lazy, referring to 'Britain' in 1534, but there is a definite symmetry in that Scotland and Ireland were both determined to keep what they had.

Also, after the English Reformation, 100+ years of burning at the stake and general persecution of people holding differing views, and then a civil war. Well that's something to look forward to......

I fell asleep before the game was over but the Houston Astros beat the NY Yankees to go into the World Series to play the Washington Nationals.

Since the Cardinals lost to the Nationals I was for Houston. If the Cardinals had won I would have liked to see the Yankees win. It was 55 years ago (Tree was eight) when the Cards and the Yankees played the 1964 World Series... of course the Cards won!
Stan Goldman has to admit that Houston was the better team. Apparently the 2010s are the only decade in which the Yankees have failed to make the World Series since the 1910s.

I will be cheering for the Nationals, because they started life as the Montreal Expos, whom I grew up watching...

If you visit one of Dr L Skywalker's clinics, he will insert a suppository in your exhaust port which will seek out and destroy your man flu virus
Careful! The suppository must be aimed to the exhaust port by a highspeed run through a canyon. If the exhaust port is missed, and the suppository passes over the port, a more sensitive organ may be severly hit! :eek: :eek:

That's why you better await Leia, she knows how to do it the soft way!:rolleyes:

I think that beard has been recycled :D

I'm a big fan of Darwin. Apart from his epoch-making work, he just seems to have been a thoroughly nice man,
a good - if slightly absent-minded - husband and father, quite willing to admit to his own doubts and uncertainties,
not a hint of arrogance ... quite unlike the usual impression I get of geniuses.

Last edited:
I think that beard has been recycled :D

I'm a big fan of Darwin. Apart from his epoch-making work, he just seems to have been a thoroughly nice man,
a good - if slightly absent-minded - husband and father, quite willing to admit to his own doubts and uncertainties,
not a hint of arroagnce ... quite unlike the usual impression I get of geniuses.
He was a VERY stable genius, for sure...:p

I remember reading an account of Emma Darwin hearing loud noises coming from Charles’ study.. she rushed in to find him leaning over a tray of soil, shouting his head off. He explained he was bawling at earthworms, to see if they would react to sounds. Something about that combination of eccentricity, unselfconsciousness and empirical rigour always struck me as admirable. How the worms felt about it is not recorded.. no doubt they complained to their union representative :p

(Amalgamated Union of Ragworms, Earthworms, Leeches and Other Working Annelids)

Once again, Cruxforums (as personified by @RacingRodent ) is ahead of the curve!

Once again, Cruxforums (as personified by @RacingRodent ) is ahead of the curve!
doesn't seem to work with men - if women try to train them to drive little cars to collect food,
they get in big cars, try to dodge the traffic using rat runs, and get stressed up with road rage.

I could have told you that before :) The reason is described in the second half sentence.
"Men marry women with the hope they will never change.
Women marry men with the hope they will change.
Invariably, they are both disappointed."
- Albert Einstein

Back
Top Bottom