Torture stake and American natives

Go to CruxDreams.com

dfg42

Senator
One of the problems which tortured me, was the torture stake supposed, I thin k on ly in German speaking countries, to the Native Americans. Actually I do not know why the people their die, probably of boredom, as well as the torturers. I show you the pic presented in my youth. I mean one can improve a little, but.....Unknown.jpeg So my question is: What do we know about Native American torture methods, anything inspiring?

Oh, Karl May's "Winnetou & Old Shatterhand", the heros of my youth.

Compared to the reality, there really was very few torture in Karl May's books, but in those books, the criminals were usually the sophisticated white ones and the Indians were rather "noble savages" without christianity, so their crimes could be forgiven.
Unfortunately and as always, the reality was a bit more complicated and more cruel by far:

One older story with similar topic

Oh, Karl May's "Winnetou & Old Shatterhand", the heros of my youth.

Compared to the reality, there really was very few torture in Karl May's books, but in those books, the criminals were usually the sophisticated white ones and the Indians were rather "noble savages" without christianity, so their crimes could be forgiven.
Unfortunately and as always, the reality was a bit more complicated and more cruel by far:
Yes, read that books before coming in to puberty, there was some scenes with bonding in uncomfortable positions which you might call torture but is not explained in detail, I think in Old Surehand I. Thanks for answering btw. The movies are fishy but have a strange stuff in it, such as someone playing a nude Indian girl (see pic) and strange versions of the guns and the clothes are also interestingly wrong! Well probably we should look at torture stake as my second pic shows. Did you know that the American natives invented the duct tape?

unnamed.jpg marterstake.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooookaaay. Please tell me, which movies you quoted here and how the American natives produced their duct tape ...
:eyebrow2:
That with the duct tape was a joke naturally. The movie was Old Shatterhand, and it was rumoured first that the nude female is the famous singer Dalia Lava, but is just a local girl---- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Shatterhand_(film)

and the girl

I found one description, somewhat different than Karl May's descriptions.... Probably that is a possible way to make a story. The other thing is to put the prisoner spread-eagled on the ground, that is also attributed to American natives. s1.jpgs2.jpgs3.jpg

Don't fall into the hands of those Indians, white settlers!

IndianFun2.jpg

Hm, possible story line confederate cavalry groupconfederate-cavalry.jpg got captured ans all male put nude in that square, tortured differently ss.jpg from their escaped slaves OutDoor1.jpg 056_1000.jpgwho joined an Indian tribe. Unknown.jpegtumblr_nhgbwkL46C1ss25kdo1_1280.jpg.... what you think?

One of the problems which tortured me, was the torture stake supposed, I thin k on ly in German speaking countries, to the Native Americans. Actually I do not know why the people their die, probably of boredom, as well as the torturers. I show you the pic presented in my youth. I mean one can improve a little, but.....View attachment 937666 So my question is: What do we know about Native American torture methods, anything inspiring?
I think leaving prisoners tied up naked to die of exposure, thirst, being bitten by insects, birds or wild beasts, was said to be a practice of some Native American peoples. It was a punishment used in Japanese wartime prison camps. And probably many other times and places - basically, crucifixion was an 'improved' version of the same method.

I think leaving prisoners tied up naked to die of exposure, thirst, being bitten by insects, birds or wild beasts, was said to be a practice of some Native American peoples. It was a punishment used in Japanese wartime prison camps. And probably many other times and places - basically, crucifixion was an 'improved' version of the same method.
Yes, I think the Indian version used burning, slicing the male penis and letting eat parts of the body by prisoner.... Will do other stuff with my cavalry group.....

come to think of it, I believe it was (is?) used by some tribal peoples as a rite of passage for young braves, an initiation ordeal - obviously if they die, they've failed the exam!
Well, an interesting idea, my initial ritual, called (maturity) consisted, of a German test, a French test (written and oral), a mathematical test (also both) and physics (both...) and oral tests in biology and chemistry.... We should have had the option to stand nude for some time instead.

Strip naked and run for your life.

It happened to John Colter in 1808, when captured by Indians. He evaded the torture stake, but had to face a different challenge.

colt1.jpg colt2.jpg

Colter outran his pursuers. The event is even remembered in a Bourban brand.

colt3.jpg

Colter's run was inspiration for Cornel Wilde's 1965 movie 'The Naked Prey', set in colonial Africa.

Back
Top Bottom