Uplifting Thoughts for the Isolated and Depressed in Times of Plague

Go to CruxDreams.com
Even if you aren't a jazz fan, I invite you to listen to this masterful interpretation of George and Ira Gershwin's "Nice work if you can get it" by immense pianist Thelonious Monk.
Tradition (stride piano) and innovation (harmonic and rhythmic experimentation) all together in a piece.
Wonderful.

Even if you aren't a jazz fan, I invite you to listen to this masterful interpretation of George and Ira Gershwin's "Nice work if you can get it" by immense pianist Thelonious Monk.
Tradition (stride piano) and innovation (harmonic and rhythmic experimentation) all together in a piece.
Wonderful.

I've never been a big Monk Fan - but that performance is outstanding!!

Wonderful.

I've never been a big Monk Fan - but that performance is outstanding!!
Melodious Thunk!

Those who know me, understand that I like diving deeply into the inner meaning and interpretation of Biblical texts, reading the original, and comparing references. However, there are times when I take the approach of Occam's Razor to my faith. I find no passage in the Bible more uplifting than Micah 6: 8

6. With what shall I come before the Lord
and bow down before the exalted God?
Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
with calves a year old?
7. Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams,
with ten thousand rivers of olive oil?
Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression,
the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

8. He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

Billy Connolly: "My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger."
As a boy in America - growing from 1 to 9 while this was one of the most popular TV shows of the time, the deep effect could not be avoided. And who wouldn't love Silver!

Billy Connolly: "My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger."

As a boy in America - growing from 1 to 9 while this was one of the most popular TV shows of the time, the deep effect could not be avoided. And who wouldn't love Silver!

I only ever saw it in black & white, now I know he wore blue!
They say Tonto never told him what “kemosabey” really meant :couch:

They say Tonto never told him what “kemosabey” really meant :couch:
images

Back
Top Bottom