Victim's Eye View

Go to CruxDreams.com
Sabina is naked. Even though she was stripped before they whipped her, when they finished, they left her breasts bare but covered her most private parts with the ragged loincloth before she was forced to carry her beam to this place of agony and death. Now she will never wear clothing again. They will hang her on this cross naked, completely exposed, displayed to the gaze of the crowd, the passers-by, strangers who will watch her writhe in agony. She will die here, on this cross.

For some reason, she turns her head, searching for the executioner, afraid he is right behind her, ready to drive the nails. Her heart is pounding. He is ten feet away, next to the post that will be the upright part of her cross. He meets her eyes, then lifts the hand that holds the nails for her wrists, showing them to her. She moans in anticipation.

Sabina Carrying Scene 14a-101_0001.jpgSabina Carrying Scene 14a-100_0001.jpgSabina Carrying Scene 14a-111_0001.jpgSabina Carrying Scene 14a-103_0001.jpg

Sabina, naked and in the iron grip of the big Nubian Ajax, the timbers to which she will be nailed in place waiting to receive her body, makes a desperate, pitiful plea for mercy to her domina Julia Lepida. Sabina reaches out her hand to her as best she can.

But Julia Lepida's black eye is a clear reminder to everyone why this slave must be crucified. Her punishment will serve as an example to other slaves who see her suffering and hear of her execution just how severe the penalty is for this crime.

Sabina Nailing Scene 1c-5_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 1c-18a_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 1c-19a_0001.jpg

Julia Lepida is impassive. Sabina's execution will go on.

Sabina Nailing Scene 1c-202_0001.jpg

The two Nubians take their places on either side of Sabina in preparation. Sabina's knees are clenched together protectively, a final attempt to preserve some small amount of modesty as Balbus reads her crime and sentence.

Sabina Nailing Scene 2b-4_0001.jpg

Then he points his vitis at the post and repeats the horrible words every slave is terrified of hearing, "Place the slave on the cross."

Sabina Nailing Scene 2b-5_0001.jpg

She has a look of horror on her face as her final hope dies away. They are going to nail her to the cross.

Sabina Nailing Scene 2b-17_0001.jpg

Before Sabina can fully grasp what is about to be done to her, she is falling backward. Hercules, the Nubian on her left, pulls her backwards and lifts her left leg at the same time.

Sabina Nailing Scene 2x1c-108_0001.jpg

She twists and throws out her right hand to try to catch herself. As she twists to look, she sees the timber behind her and fights not to let them put her there..

Sabina Nailing Scene 2x1c-107_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 2x1c-111_0001.jpg

The two Nubians drag Sabina into position on the timber. One of them reaches between her legs, his fingers curl around and dig into her soft butt cheeks as he lifts and pushes her body upward. The rough leather bracer on his forearm grinds into her sensitive inner lips, squeezing her clit inside its hood.

She struggles against the overwhelming strength of the Nubians, screaming in panic, begging her domina not to let them crucify her. But there is no response. Her execution will continue.

Sabina Nailing Scene 2x2-2_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 2x2-9_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 2x2-19_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 2x2-4_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 2x2-17_0001.jpg

Finally, two renders I intended to be victim's-eye views or nearly so:

Sabina Nailing Scene 2x2-21_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 2x2-22_0001.jpg

With her shoulders on the timber, one of the Nubians stretches her right arm out and holds it down against the wood, while the other, Ajax, forces her legs apart and kneels between them. He plants a big hand in the middle of her chest to hold her down securely. She can only squirm and try desperately to pull her left hand away as he places it palm up on the beam. The executioner is waiting, and she watches in horror as he probes her wrist with a finger of his right hand while holding a big iron nail ready in his left.

Here is the scene:

Sabina Nailing Scene 2x8b-25_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 2x8b-101_0001.jpg

These are views from the three executioners' points of view:

Sabina Nailing Scene 2x8b-8_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 2x8b-12_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 2x8b-24_0001.jpg

A bug's eye view, then a near-victim's eye view.
Sabina Nailing Scene 2x8b-102_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 2x8b-22_0001.jpg

Antius the executioner moves his fingertip and places the point of an iron nail on the spot on Sabina's wrist. He raises his hammer high, poised to bring it down and drive the nail through her wrist and into the timber. Sabina stares at it, still straining to pull her hand away. It's like a nightmare from which she cannot escape.

Here's the scene:

Sabina Nailing Scene 3c-6_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 3c-13_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 3c-104_0001.jpg

Here are near-victim's eye views of what Sabina sees just before the hammer falls for the first of many times.

Sabina Nailing Scene 3c-8_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 3c-20_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 3c-101_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 3c-107_0001.jpg

The hammer falls, driving the point of the nail all the way through Sabina's wrist and into the timber. She explodes in a scream of agony, her body writhing under the iron grip of the executioner's helpers. The nightmare becomes reality, all hope of a last-minute reprieve gone in a split-second.

Here's the scene:

Sabina Nailing Scene 4b-4_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 4b-43_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 4b-104_0001.jpg

Some executioner's eye views:

Sabina Nailing Scene 4b-12_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 4b-24_0001.jpg

And here are some near-victim's eye views:

Sabina Nailing Scene 4b-20_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 4b-22_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 4b-101_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 4b-106_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 4b-100_0001.jpg

The hammer falls, driving the point of the nail all the way through Sabina's wrist and into the timber. She explodes in a scream of agony, her body writhing under the iron grip of the executioner's helpers. The nightmare becomes reality, all hope of a last-minute reprieve gone in a split-second.
Amazing the strength the young woman shows as the spikes pierce her limbs. Who would have thought it would take three large men to hold her down?

Amazing the strength the young woman shows as the spikes pierce her limbs. Who would have thought it would take three large men to hold her down?
Union rules! They might need all three of them for a strong male victim, but for this little slave girl it's overkill. And "overkill" fits this situation where they really are killing her.

The challenge for me was figuring out how to place and pose three men over and around her like that and give the executioner room to swing his hammer without hitting that one on top of her in the head. I originally thought he would be beside Sabina, not on top of her, but there was no way that was going to work. Having him kneeling between her legs is a plus anyway, makes Sabina a lot more exposed. I don't know how I would do this if I had to show them crucifying a male victim, but that's another discussion.

Here's the scene:

View attachment 1121187View attachment 1121189View attachment 1121190

View attachment 1121191View attachment 1121192

And here are some near-victim's eye views:

View attachment 1121188View attachment 1121193View attachment 1121194View attachment 1121195View attachment 1121196
A great job showing the emotions and how her body is reacting to the nailing with the sweat and the reaction of her back and legs.

With her wrist already permanently fixed to the timber, the executioner continues to drive the nail down, each stroke of the hammer sending the rough iron grating between the small bones of her wrist. There is no longer any need for the executioner's helper to hold her left arm in place. Her body writhes in agony under him. She watches in horror and panic as more of the nail disappears into the cross, her wrist more solidly fixed to the cross with every blow.

Here's the scene for context:

Sabina Nailing Scene 5b-14_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5b-13_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5b-16_0001.jpg

Verina the prostitute gets closer to look at Sabina's face, to be sure this really is the girl she met just a few days ago.

Sabina Nailing Scene 5b-6_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5b-8_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5b-12_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5b-24_0001.jpg

And near-victim's eye views:

Sabina Nailing Scene 5b-20_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5b-22_0001.jpg

And, just because I like her, a view showing the beautiful Verina as she watches her friend being crucified, her hand on the cross where Sabina will soon be hanging.

Sabina Nailing Scene 5b-44_0001.jpg

With today's 3d technology its difficult to do a victim's eye view as the close up view often show the limit
of the textures resolution and the models lack of details.
Here is some attempt:
View attachment 1122429View attachment 1122430
One of the problems I see is the mud, blood, or whatever is on her skin looks like it is just discolorations in her skin. It needs a little displacement mapping to make it look like it is stuck to the surface of her skin instead, or running across it like blood might. I used to see this same kind of problem, but I finally put in the effort and a lot of testing to get the displacement the way I thought it ought to be. Now I think the blood trails on Sabina's arms are improved:

Attachments

• Sabina Nailing Scene 15x3b-201_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 15x3b-201_0001.jpg
    914.5 KB · Views: 487
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 15x3b-127_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 15x3b-127_0001.jpg
    732.1 KB · Views: 490
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 15x3b-77_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 15x3b-77_0001.jpg
    888.5 KB · Views: 521
One of the problems I see is the mud, blood, or whatever is on her skin looks like it is just discolorations in her skin. It needs a little displacement mapping to make it look like it is stuck to the surface of her skin instead, or running across it like blood might. I used to see this same kind of problem, but I finally put in the effort and a lot of testing to get the displacement the way I thought it ought to be. Now I think the blood trails on Sabina's arms are improved:
I did experiment with adding displacement and normal on the blood drip in my 3d art but got lazy and did not pursue!
Nothing like putting effort and commitment when we are creating something!

The executioner continues hammering the nail through Sabina's left wrist and deep into the timber. Her eyes roll back, her vision darkens. She is on the point of fainting from the shock of so much agony. If she does, the executioner will pause and wait until she is conscious and aware before continuing, as the nailing is part of her punishment.

Sabina Nailing Scene 5x2a-6_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5x2a-37_0001.jpg

Sabina Nailing Scene 5x2a-5_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5x2a-8_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5x2a-12_0001.jpg

And some near-victim's eye views:

Sabina Nailing Scene 5x2a-22_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5x2a-100_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5x2a-101_0001.jpg

The executioner continues hammering the nail through Sabina's left wrist and deep into the timber. Her eyes roll back, her vision darkens. She is on the point of fainting from the shock of so much agony. If she does, the executioner will pause and wait until she is conscious and aware before continuing, as the nailing is part of her punishment.

View attachment 1123050View attachment 1123051

View attachment 1123052View attachment 1123053View attachment 1123054

And some near-victim's eye views:

View attachment 1123057View attachment 1123058View attachment 1123059
How entertained by Sabina's crucifixion the spectators are! They are truly impressed by her struggles. Of course, this only makes the men's task more difficult to complete. But is is truly thrilling to see Sabina's fight. Between the onlookers and the crew crucifying her, no one seems concerned with the trauma Sabina experiences...

How entertained by Sabina's crucifixion the spectators are! They are truly impressed by her struggles. Of course, this only makes the men's task more difficult to complete. But is is truly thrilling to see Sabina's fight. Between the onlookers and the crew crucifying her, no one seems concerned with the trauma Sabina experiences...
Of course this is my take on it, but by this time, 79 AD, the Romans had been crucifying people regularly for hundreds of years. It was now the norm, "this is the way we've always done it," so it was acceptable. In Plautus' plays from 300 years before this, they were joking about it.

The executioner has finished nailing Sabina's left wrist. This is an in-between moment, the detail of preparing to nail her right wrist. Hercules, the executioner's helper who was holding Sabina's right arm pinned to the beam while her left wrist was nailed, now is handing her right arm off to Ajax, who will hold it in position on the beam for the executioner to nail that wrist. Hercules has to move out of the way so the executioner can take his place.

Here's the scene:
Sabina Nailing Scene 5x5a-22_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5x5a-1_0001.jpg

Sabina Nailing Scene 5x5a-9_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5x5a-10_0001.jpg

Sabina, her eyes fixed in horror on the head of the nail that now holds her wrist permanently fixed to the timber, is oblivious to what the two Nubians are doing with her right arm. Some near-victim's eye views, some not very close but showing what she can see around her:

Sabina Nailing Scene 5x5a-24_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5x5a-61_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5x5a-100_0001.jpgSabina Nailing Scene 5x5a-101_0001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom