Vignettes from Barb’s ancestral past

Go to CruxDreams.com
Harold’s death in 1066 at the Battle of Hastings by virtue of an Arrow shot through his eye, remains one of the most legendary aspects of English History. Many supposed learned-fellows have, through the ages, written essays and tomes on why, despite the depiction of his death in the tapestry at Bayeux, King Harold could not possibly have been smote by an arrow through his optic aperture. They cite, most notably, the alleged bold attack made personally by his Conqueror, William, who, it has been written, broke through the English lines and hacked his royal enemy to pieces.
Where exactly is this scene on the Bayeux tapistery?:confused:

I think this one will be hard to beat. I’m still laughing. Seems those hussy and mouthy characteristics go way back in my family line.

Great contribution, Fossy!

Harold Godwinson and Borbála Annelise De Moore

“Shot through the eye
And you're to blame
Barb, you give love a bad name …”

As they dragged Borbála Annelise De Moore away, no doubt to serve at their pleasure, she was heard to shout, “Get your fucking hands off me, you nasty Norman. Touch me again and I’ll squeeze your balls ‘til they bleed … ohhhh, your stinky breath what have you been eating …”

FIN

(must not let anachronisms upset me, must not let anachronisms upset me, must not let anachronisms upset me)

great story Fossy, with just the odd deviation from historical accuracy :)

ok I'll see if I can work up a suitable contribution here, but in the meantime here is a link to Barb's and my story about her Cathar ancestor, Barbara de Moore

Full story thread here in 38 chapters

And pdf here

No décolletage showing in this Madiosi manip :D
image.jpeg

"Where exactly is this scene on the Bayeux tapistery?:confused:"

Lox, haven't you heard of the mystery woman of the Tapestry? Aelfgyva. Note the naked figure below her
Aelfgyva.jpg

(must not let anachronisms upset me, must not let anachronisms upset me, must not let anachronisms upset me)

great story Fossy, with just the odd deviation from historical accuracy :)

ok I'll see if I can work up a suitable contribution here, but in the meantime here is a link to Barb's and my story about her Cathar ancestor, Barbara de Moore

Full story thread here in 38 chapters

And pdf here

No décolletage showing in this Madiosi manip :D
View attachment 909854
Fighting Barb!

Lox, haven't you heard of the mystery woman of the Tapestry? Aelfgyva. Note the naked figure below her
View attachment 909863
Where did you find it? It looks like one of the Babaria's ancestors tried to deface it to hide the fact that one of their own was depicted in it. Here's a photo of the original, for comparison:

Aelfgyva.jpg

I also found different tapestries (or oil paintings maybe?) in the same collection which look to be depicting the same woman:

화면 저장_20201007_063233.jpg
화면 저장_20201007_063418.jpg

P.S.: Should have made her skin paler to match the rest of the image, and I know that the ratio is quite off... but unfortunately I realised it after I closed my GIMP project file. It's a quick manip for a joke post, so what did you expect? :p

Last edited:
Where did you find it? It looks like one of the Babaria's ancestors tried to deface it to hide the fact that one of their own was depicted in it. I also found different tapestries (or oil paintings maybe?) in the same collection
Try the Dead Sea - old scrolls and tapestries are all the rage there. Everybody has one. :rolleyes: :D

Harold Godwinson and Borbála Annelise De Moore

“Shot through the eye
And you're to blame
Barb, you give love a bad name …”

As they dragged Borbála Annelise De Moore away, no doubt to serve at their pleasure, she was heard to shout, “Get your fucking hands off me, you nasty Norman. Touch me again and I’ll squeeze your balls ‘til they bleed … ohhhh, your stinky breath what have you been eating …”
There's a slightly different account of the event, in which she claimed to have shouted "Lay Your Hands on Me, and you're dead men! Let me go home, you Norman pigs!" To which they replied "Who Says You Can't Go Home? You can go wherever you want once you serve us as you did for that dead king of yours."

P.S.: Maybe I better use italics to make the reference clear this time? :p

One of Barb's female line found herself transported to Australia around the year 1800. The records don't tell what finally became of her, but I have been able to uncover at least part of the story of the Irish rebel Babs Moore.

Irish convicts were transported to the new penal colony of New South Wales from the 1791, by the end of that decade a great many were political prisoners transported after the 1798 rebellion in Ireland. Among them was a certain Babs Moore, a feisty woman who was known to associate with the most dangerous rebels, and was suspected of supporting herself by immoral means on the streets of Dublin.

The new arrivals were restless, none more so than Babs, who was often heard complaining about English rule and the way the colony was run to the detriment of the sons (and daughters) of Erin. Babs herself was assigned to the household of the Reverend Samuel Marsden, the famous "flogging parson" of the early colony, a man who had little love of the Irish. Indeed he said of them:

"The number of Catholic Convicts is very great... and these in general composed of the lowest class of the Irish nation; who are the most wild, ignorant and savage Race that were ever favoured with the light of Civilization; men that have been familiar with ... every horrid Crime from their Infancy. Their minds being Destitute of every Principle of Religion & Morality render them capable of perpetrating the most nefarious Acts in cool Blood. As they never appear to reflect upon Consequences; but to be ... always alive to Rebellion and Mischief, they are very dangerous members of Society. No Confidence whatever can be placed in them... [If Catholicism in Australia] were tolerated they would assemble together from every Quarter, not so much from a desire of celebrating Mass, as to recite the Miseries and Injustice of their Banishment, the Hardships they suffer, and to enflame one another's minds with some wild Scheme of Revenge."

Babs Moore, as can be imagined, did not get on well with the parson. She challenged him at every opportunity, and it did not help that the man was clearly conflicted in his relations with his servant. He saw the irish as savage and immoral, and refused to recognise their Catholic marriages, preferring to see those women married outside of the Church of England as concubines or whores. Babs was a free spirit who was married under no church, she took her pleasure where she wished, and she wielded her sexuality like a weapon. Marsden was equally captivated and horrified by her raw feminine energy, he took every opportunity to humiliate her for her domestic failings, and he plotted to find a way to her bed without damaging his own reputation.

By 1804 Marsden was seething with frustration, this Irish woman had squirmed out of every attempt to bed her, and his wife was getting suspicious. Moore had been blunt the last time he had laid hands on her, "Reverend, if you touch me like that one more time your wife will hear of it, and the whole colony too, you hypocritical gobshite!". Marsden was wild with lust, and determined to get the better of his servant. His chance came in 1804, when Irish dissatisfaction finally boiled over into open rebellion. Three hundred armed convicts rose up at Castle Hill with the intention of marching on Parramatta and eventually Sydney, but they were betrayed by one of their own and the rebellion was swiftly crushed.

Marsden was a magistrate as well as a parson, and wasted no time in ordering floggings to extract confessions from those suspected of collusion with the rebels. He had seen Babs associating with a certain Paddy Malone who was a known rebel, and it was easy to take her into custody and hand her to the floggers. As a contemporary account said:

"There was two floggers, Richard Rice and John Jonson, the Hangman from Sidney. Rice was a left handed man, and Jonson was right-handed, so they stood at each side and I never saw two trashers in a barn moove their stroakes more handeyer than those two man killers did"

Rice was not only brutal he was devilishly handsome, and Marsden took pleasure in handing Babs to this man to be "questioned". He made sure the woman was stripped completely naked and bound exposed in front of the people of Parramatta and members of the military, everyone was very keen to see justice done, none more than the parson, who was finally getting an unrestricted eye full of Babs' charms. Rice, himself stripped to the waist to show off his fine physique, took his time appreciating the smooth curves and tight little attributes of the prisoner, and wasted no opportunity to parade his own body in front of her to arouse her lust.

ph379.jpg

Rice did not strike her as hard as he would a man, but he made sure that every stroke was well placed. Soon Babs was gasping under the lash, her cries a mixture of pain, and of something else. Samuel Marsden, had positioned himself for the best possible view of proceedings, and was sure that he could see the glint of moisture between those silken, bare thighs, hear a gasp of pleasure each time her breasts jiggled under the leather.

The shameless slattern! he thought to himself, as he felt his prick stiffen in his trousers. I should have done this a long time ago, the whip stirs her woman's parts, it opens the gate by which a good man may enter and bring her to heel. I will have her wounds tended to after the flogging, and visit her tomorrow night with a buggy whip. Babs will be saved from herself, if it cost every inch of skin on her lovely frame.

Are there not Saints in holier skies
Who have been scourged to Paradise?

(Vesper-Song Of The Reverend Samuel Marsden
by Kenneth Slessor)

One of Barb's female line found herself transported to Australia around the year 1800. The records don't tell what finally became of her, but I have been able to uncover at least part of the story of the Irish rebel Babs Moore.

Irish convicts were transported to the new penal colony of New South Wales from the 1791, by the end of that decade a great many were political prisoners transported after the 1798 rebellion in Ireland. Among them was a certain Babs Moore, a feisty woman who was known to associate with the most dangerous rebels, and was suspected of supporting herself by immoral means on the streets of Dublin.

The new arrivals were restless, none more so than Babs, who was often heard complaining about English rule and the way the colony was run to the detriment of the sons (and daughters) of Erin. Babs herself was assigned to the household of the Reverend Samuel Marsden, the famous "flogging parson" of the early colony, a man who had little love of the Irish. Indeed he said of them:

"The number of Catholic Convicts is very great... and these in general composed of the lowest class of the Irish nation; who are the most wild, ignorant and savage Race that were ever favoured with the light of Civilization; men that have been familiar with ... every horrid Crime from their Infancy. Their minds being Destitute of every Principle of Religion & Morality render them capable of perpetrating the most nefarious Acts in cool Blood. As they never appear to reflect upon Consequences; but to be ... always alive to Rebellion and Mischief, they are very dangerous members of Society. No Confidence whatever can be placed in them... [If Catholicism in Australia] were tolerated they would assemble together from every Quarter, not so much from a desire of celebrating Mass, as to recite the Miseries and Injustice of their Banishment, the Hardships they suffer, and to enflame one another's minds with some wild Scheme of Revenge."

Babs Moore, as can be imagined, did not get on well with the parson. She challenged him at every opportunity, and it did not help that the man was clearly conflicted in his relations with his servant. He saw the irish as savage and immoral, and refused to recognise their Catholic marriages, preferring to see those women married outside of the Church of England as concubines or whores. Babs was a free spirit who was married under no church, she took her pleasure where she wished, and she wielded her sexuality like a weapon. Marsden was equally captivated and horrified by her raw feminine energy, he took every opportunity to humiliate her for her domestic failings, and he plotted to find a way to her bed without damaging his own reputation.

By 1804 Marsden was seething with frustration, this Irish woman had squirmed out of every attempt to bed her, and his wife was getting suspicious. Moore had been blunt the last time he had laid hands on her, "Reverend, if you touch me like that one more time your wife will hear of it, and the whole colony too, you hypocritical gobshite!". Marsden was wild with lust, and determined to get the better of his servant. His chance came in 1804, when Irish dissatisfaction finally boiled over into open rebellion. Three hundred armed convicts rose up at Castle Hill with the intention of marching on Parramatta and eventually Sydney, but they were betrayed by one of their own and the rebellion was swiftly crushed.

Marsden was a magistrate as well as a parson, and wasted no time in ordering floggings to extract confessions from those suspected of collusion with the rebels. He had seen Babs associating with a certain Paddy Malone who was a known rebel, and it was easy to take her into custody and hand her to the floggers. As a contemporary account said:

"There was two floggers, Richard Rice and John Jonson, the Hangman from Sidney. Rice was a left handed man, and Jonson was right-handed, so they stood at each side and I never saw two trashers in a barn moove their stroakes more handeyer than those two man killers did"

Rice was not only brutal he was devilishly handsome, and Marsden took pleasure in handing Babs to this man to be "questioned". He made sure the woman was stripped completely naked and bound exposed in front of the people of Parramatta and members of the military, everyone was very keen to see justice done, none more than the parson, who was finally getting an unrestricted eye full of Babs' charms. Rice, himself stripped to the waist to show off his fine physique, took his time appreciating the smooth curves and tight little attributes of the prisoner, and wasted no opportunity to parade his own body in front of her to arouse her lust.

View attachment 909992

Rice did not strike her as hard as he would a man, but he made sure that every stroke was well placed. Soon Babs was gasping under the lash, her cries a mixture of pain, and of something else. Samuel Marsden, had positioned himself for the best possible view of proceedings, and was sure that he could see the glint of moisture between those silken, bare thighs, hear a gasp of pleasure each time her breasts jiggled under the leather.

The shameless slattern! he thought to himself, as he felt his prick stiffen in his trousers. I should have done this a long time ago, the whip stirs her woman's parts, it opens the gate by which a good man may enter and bring her to heel. I will have her wounds tended to after the flogging, and visit her tomorrow night with a buggy whip. Babs will be saved from herself, if it cost every inch of skin on her lovely frame.

by Kenneth Slessor)
Wonderful! A great piece phlebas. Interestingly, following a short period of research, I discovered that the esteemed Parson Marsden was born nobbut (for everyone else but @old slave this means 'nothing but' in Yorkshire speak) 5 miles from my very own house! I must pay a visit to the small urban settlement of Farsley, and see if the Parson's blue plaque mentions his alleged dalliance with the persecuted Babs from Dublin's fair city.

According to Australian legend, the good Parson found the strumpet singing a lilting refrain in between bouts of punishment:

“Welts sting my tail, dear,
Welts sting my tail, dear,
Who’ll make some welts sting
My tail, dearie me?”

A corrupted or mis-heard version of this ditty today forms the basis of a well-known Australian folk song.

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 909992

by Kenneth Slessor)

Great contribution, Phlebas! Love it ❤️

Reminiscent too of a story LittleSiss and I wrote for CF some time ago:

Great contribution, Phlebas! Love it ❤️

Reminiscent too of a story LittleSiss and I wrote for CF some time ago:

Parliament abolished the flogging of women in1817, so you would have had a much better chance of receiving a severe flogging in 1800.There would have been no going easy, unless you let the "flogging parson" have his wicked way!

Back
Top Bottom