A Bad Day for a Foreign Woman

• Thread starter Deleted member 22460
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
D

Deleted member 22460

irishcruxstart.pngirishcruxstart2.pngirishcruxstart3.pngirishcruxstart4.pngirishcruxstart5.png
It was hell. She had been here somewhere between thirty minutes and an eternity, though it felt closer to the latter. She was alone, and she could at least find peace in that.

She was in a strange country and surrounded by a strange environment. She did not belong here. Before, she was an attendant to the princess of a far away land, but now she was nothing. Now her land is nothing. The neighboring empire, ever hungry for more, invaded. Her country was soundly defeated, and she and the princess were carried away to this empire. They spent the last month being paraded around as trophies of the hunt. They understood very little of the language, but this did not matter much. The empire treated them like royalty, and they had more comforts than they did in their homeland. They completed a full tour of the empire and were taken to the desert provinces last.

The attendant was separated from her princess one morning. The soldiers took her out into the desert and nailed her to a cross.

Attachments

• irishcruxstart6.png
    irishcruxstart6.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,046
The attendant found solace in the fact that she was alone. The princess didn't have to suffer as she did. She thought that princess must have been married off to some official or rich man. They couldn't speak the language of the empire, but bodies talk. Everybody thought the princess was beautiful and they knew it. Even if she weren't married off, the princess must have at least been sold as a slave and was likely to have a fairly comfortable life taking care of some master's house.

She heard people approaching. Likely soldiers, she thought, and didn't pay their presence much attention. After all, how could they do any worse to her?

The footsteps grew closer and closer, until finally a pale girl with flaming hair followed by an imperial woman in brilliant armor appeared before her. The girl was struggling, but miraculously managing to carry a cross that was bigger than the one that she was on.
irishcarrying1.jpg
She feared the worst, and wouldn't let herself believe who it might be. Though she may have wanted to deny it, it was the princess, and she was followed by the military official who lead the final attack on the city in which they lived. It was unusual for a woman to be involved in military affairs, much less be in such a high position. The attendant also noted that imperial woman was driving the princess and her cross alone. The attendant only had to carry the beam, and she was accompanied by several soldiers.
irishcarrying2.jpg
The strange woman barked some order. The princess dropped her cross and collapsed on to the ground.
irish collapse.jpg

What a great start! First an attendant, and now a princess! Love that angle from just behind the cross; I think a little bit of soft focus would really enhance the foreground background separation. And I love the redhead’s look; very pale, very Irish. Perhaps one of Boudicca’s daughters?

The attendant found solace in the fact that she was alone. The princess didn't have to suffer as she did. She thought that princess must have been married off to some official or rich man. They couldn't speak the language of the empire, but bodies talk. Everybody thought the princess was beautiful and they knew it. Even if she weren't married off, the princess must have at least been sold as a slave and was likely to have a fairly comfortable life taking care of some master's house.

She heard people approaching. Likely soldiers, she thought, and didn't pay their presence much attention. After all, how could they do any worse to her?

The footsteps grew closer and closer, until finally a pale girl with flaming hair followed by an imperial woman in brilliant armor appeared before her. The girl was struggling, but miraculously managing to carry a cross that was bigger than the one that she was on.
View attachment 1422796
She feared the worst, and wouldn't let herself believe who it might be. Though she may have wanted to deny it, it was the princess, and she was followed by the military official who lead the final attack on the city in which they lived. It was unusual for a woman to be involved in military affairs, much less be in such a high position. The attendant also noted that imperial woman was driving the princess and her cross alone. The attendant only had to carry the beam, and she was accompanied by several soldiers.
View attachment 1422797
The strange woman barked some order. The princess dropped her cross and collapsed on to the ground.
View attachment 1422795
Some seriously nice composition here, @Boyo boy! That first image, with the new arrival framed perfectly by the back view of your original girl is going straight into my 'favourites' folder. :)

You might consider signing your images?

The princess laid there on the ground for awhile and the woman did nothing.
It remained like this for some time.

Later, but not later enough, a soldier carrying 3 nails joined them in the wasteland. The strange woman lifted her spear and jabbed the princess into action. It was gentle enough to not pierce of injure her, but still too rough. It was all the princess could to drag herself across the sand.
irishcrawl.jpgirishcrawl2.jpg

The soldier put a whole in the ground at the base of the cross while the woman forced the princess to lay on the cross. The imperial pulled the princess's arm over the beam, and produced a nail that she got from the soldier. She held it like a pencil, taking her precious time to draw her masterpiece. The princess, though she was not restrained, did not have it in her to fight back.
irishcrosslay.jpg
When the nail was perfectly positioned, the high ranking imperial called the soldier over to restrain her canvas. The soldier held her arm down gently while the woman threw away all restraint that she showed previously as she hammered the nail into the cross.

irishcrosslayscream.jpg

What a great start! First an attendant, and now a princess! Love that angle from just behind the cross; I think a little bit of soft focus would really enhance the foreground background separation. And I love the redhead’s look; very pale, very Irish. Perhaps one of Boudicca’s daughters?
I tried but my dof settings weren't working correctly and I finally got tired of messing with it. The setting is also non specific and entirely fictional. This isn't Rome, but some other country in some other universe.

Some seriously nice composition here, @Boyo boy! That first image, with the new arrival framed perfectly by the back view of your original girl is going straight into my 'favourites' folder. :)

You might consider signing your images?
I don't really feel like doing that, but I am flattered nonetheless.

3 nails held her to the wood. Two for her arms and one to secure both feet. The soldier and the official picked her cross up from the ground, and raised it into the air. The princess could feel the earth try to pull her back down, but the cross held her tight.
irishraising2.png

With every passing second, the earth fought harder to have her, and the cross fought harder to keep her.

irishraiseredo.png

She could feel the cross wobble beneath her as it moved skyward. When it reaches its apex, it violently sunk into its hole.

irishraising1.png

The princess was hanging from a cross. The one who nailed her there stepped forward to admire her handiwork. She instrumental in conquering her enemies, and saw their defeat through to its end. This was a personal mark of pride for her, and although they couldn't exchange words, everybody there knew it.
irishcrux1.png
irishcrux2.png
irishcrux3.png

great storytelling images! And the imperial conqueror has good reason to be proud of her work in those last renders, having brought her victim to the cross withozt resistance and restraints. Those poor pale creatures are going to have a very hard time in the desert sun though and sunstroke may kill them before anything else!

Great combo of narrative and image! And the freckles... so sweet.
It would be nice for anyone who wants to archive your work if you could have image filenames that alphabetically sort into the right order, like
irish_01_XXX.jpg, irish_02_YYY.jpg, ...

The woman stood there for a moment longer to to appreciate her new work of art. She spit on the ground, and said something that the princess couldn't understand, turned, and walked away.

irishcrux4.png
She was gone now, and the two girls were alone under the sun. They said nothing to each other.
irishcruxboth.pngirishcruxafternoon.pngirishcruxafternoon3.pngirishcruxafternoon4.png
Great pics. Don't you have more detailled nailing scenes?
No I don't. I don't really like those very much and I can never get them to look how I like.
Raising the cross looks amazing
Thanks
great storytelling images! And the imperial conqueror has good reason to be proud of her work in those last renders, having brought her victim to the cross withozt resistance and restraints. Those poor pale creatures are going to have a very hard time in the desert sun though and sunstroke may kill them before anything else!
They're very hardy. It's not as hot as it looks either.
Great combo of narrative and image! And the freckles... so sweet.
It would be nice for anyone who wants to archive your work if you could have image filenames that alphabetically sort into the right order, like
irish_01_XXX.jpg, irish_02_YYY.jpg, ...
I've made them out of order, but I can try if I make another set sometime.

Back
Top Bottom