Anybody else have trouble registering at Crux Foundation?

Go to CruxDreams.com
I confirm that since the last day, my "McAfee secure" is warning that "Crux foundation" is a site with "risks"...
But it's a yellow alert, not red....
So, I think that I can go here, but if you want too, have a good secure...;)
And this is the advertissement page (in french, alas, but if Fantasmo can see it and translate)....

"
Navigation sécurisée
i have the same in dutch and i think if you have an english browser you get it in english

And this is the translation with Bing'translator, if it could help...

"Safe surfing
Diagnostic cruxfoundation.com/forum page

What is the current state of the cruxfoundation.com/forum site?

This site is listed as suspicious. A visit on it can damage your computer.

Suspicious activity on any part of this site was detected twice within the last 90 days.

That happened during the visit of this website by the Google robot?

On the 2 pages of the site we tested during the last 90 days, a number (2) resulted in the downloading and installation of malicious software without the permission of the user. The last visit by the Google robot on this site took place on 2013-09-22, and the last suspicious content on it has been detected on 2013-09-22.

Among the malicious software, the following elements are present: 3 trojan (s). On average, the infection has resulted in 3 new (x) process on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain (s), including 1qdancev.info /, 178.33.192.0/, androidplay.biz.

2 domain (s) seemingly serve as intermediate (s) for the distribution of malware to visitors of this site have been identified (including androidplay.biz /, 178.33.192.0/).

This site was hosted on 1 network (s), including AS22489 (CASTLE-ACCESS).

Has this site served an intermediary to promote the spread of malware?

In the last 90 days, cruxfoundation.com/forum does not seem to have used an intermediary for the infection of sites.

Has this site hosted malicious software?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

What has happened?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code on legitimate sites, which triggers the display of the warning message.

Following steps:

Return to the previous page
If you are the owner of this Web site, you can, using the Google Webmaster tools, request that it undergo a review. For more information about the matching process, see the webmaster tools help center."

According to MoN the malware never actually got active. He tried it.
If a copmputer is infected, the browser would open a window and get an error (404) because the destination address is gone.
I am currently running a malwarebytes scan on my main "crux-browsing" computer and can't tell if there is anything really installed. I doubt it.

Those warnings you are seeing, Messa, are generated by a database and don't mean that an active instance on your computer has protected you.
Doing a malware scan from time to time is maybe not as esssential as Antivirus, but important as well.

I've a complete self-acting scan per week...
So, I'm relatively quiet...;)

one possibly significant error (omission of 'not') and a couple of minor ones corrected in the translation,
in bold.

Norton was also showing a high risk intruder.

If your virus software is not up to date ... now is the time!

11:20 GMT message cruxfoundation site:D
Not Found

The requested URL /forum/forum.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at www.cruxfoundation.com Port 80

From Crux Foundation:
Crux Foundation is undergoing maintenance.

We have been attacked, there was only minor damage, and we are repairing things now.
This appears to have not been a targeted attack. There is apparently a wave of automated attacks against vBulletin forums. Our systems are fully patched, but there is a flaw in the latest version from the vendor that allowed an attacker to install a drive-by malware injector.
We recommend all users scan their systems. Most recent anti-virus programs will probably have caught the malware.
It is extremely unlikely that passwords were compromised. To be safe, however, all members will have to change their passwords after the site is back.
It is unlikely, but not impossible, that email addresses were collected.
We're working on restoring everything, please bear with us. We don't know yet when we will be back up, hopefully no more than a day or two. Please note that this is done by volunteers in their spare time.
Timeline:
  • 2013-Sep-23 21:35 UTC All data has been successfully backed up and stored off-site. We're now waiting on hosting support to help us reset the server itself. No posts or attachments have been lost.
  • 2013-Sep-23 16:00 UTC We have discovered and diagnosed the problem. The forums are taken offline to prevent further damage, all data is being backed up now.

11:20 GMT message cruxfoundation site:D
Not Found

The requested URL /forum/forum.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at www.cruxfoundation.com Port 80
Bad news!!:(
But good in bad is more foundation user will come here likes we did when forum was down...;):D

Just forum.php is away.
Use http://www.cruxfoundation.com/forum (without php) to get updates.
MoN has removed the forum and is waiting for a fresh deployment of the server operation system prior to installing the forum again.
If we are lucky it will be back up tonight, it may easily take longer however.
We all, also MoN, do have a real life besides Crux ;)

A good occasion to say thank you to those who make sites like this happen.

Back
Top Bottom