Crucifixion: Antiquity, Medieval, Or Modern?

Which crucifixion scenario evokes more emotion?

• Crucifixion of Roman antiquity: Innocent woman is crucified for a crime she did not commit.

• Medieval crucifixion: Innocent Christian woman is crucified by Saracens for not converting.

• Modern crucifixion: Innocent woman is abducted during her travels, sold, and crucified for money.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Go to CruxDreams.com
After reading your stories, I gathered that you like modern day cruxes, Danielle. We'll see how it turns out, but any reason why you prefer modern vice antiquity?

I like the fact that it would be something that nobody would think could happen in the present day. In my last story where I was abducted, I was taken to the woods to be raped and so they would not get caught they decided to kill me. But they chose to crucify me.

I've also thought about being sentenced to a modern day crucifixion. Being arrested in some small town where I go before a judge who sentences me to be crucified. The anguish and shock I would feel, never thinking that a crucifixion would ever take place in this day and age. Then losing my modern day clothing as I am prepped for to be nailed to the cross. Dressed well to go to court, skirt, blouse, heels, etc.... Being taken to the place of crucifixion like that and then slowly stripped as I see the cross laying on the ground.

In Roman times, while the fear of crucifixion would still be great, it was a common punishment. Not so today, so the impact would be far greater in my opinion.

I've also thought about being sentenced to a modern day crucifixion. Being arrested in some small town where I go before a judge who sentences me to be crucified. The anguish and shock I would feel, never thinking that a crucifixion would ever take place in this day and age. Then losing my modern day clothing as I am prepped for to be nailed to the cross. Dressed well to go to court, skirt, blouse, heels, etc.... Being taken to the place of crucifixion like that and then slowly stripped as I see the cross laying on the ground.
Sounds like you're more than ready for another crux, Danielle :devil:

I did go for 1 but I'd have voted for all 3 if I could.
I'm definitely going to do stories on all three in the future. Just trying to get a feel for my next story. I have DAZ3D as well, so going to add some good renders to accompany it hopefully. But the extra add-ons for scenery, clothes of the era, props, wounds, etc are time consuming. Soon though.

But the poll is split almost equally between 1 & 3. We'll have to wait a little longer to see if one comes out clearly ahead...

According to the press (if you can believe anything you read) Isis have recently crucified several women.:(
Supposedly for discouraging their sons from joining the Jihadis.

Me thinks that cross is too light for her.

It's amazing that lindsay has fans that will take on her punishment.

If ever there was a girl who deserved to take her punishment, it is Ms Lohan :)
Who wouldn't want to see her on a cross, after a suitable period of pennance and preparation of course.
A couple of old manips where I played at being Preceptor :)

Attachments

• ph125.jpg
    ph125.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 180
  • ph126.jpg
    ph126.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 178
I like: 1,2 and 3.... depending of my recent lectures, visits, feelings. For ex. modern time has more erotic underwear to reveal than medieval times. Indeed roman times had no bra to remove.... It's like public hair: once all removed once a nice triangle bush.....

Attachments

• Scan (3).jpg
    Scan (3).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 197
  • Scan C0n77.jpg
    Scan C0n77.jpg
    925.2 KB · Views: 188
I'm much more partial toward an ancient Roman setting. I've written a lot of stories set in those times and found it very easy to integrate a fictional crucifixion into real historical events. There are plenty of times that people, mainly slaves, who were innocent were crucified, almost certainly with women among them. There is the famous case of the 400 slaves crucified following the murder of Pedanius Secundus, and similarly when Sextus Pompey murdered an associate and immediately had all of the slaves in the man's household crucified to cover his guilt.

As far as a medieval setting, I have not used that but I did write a story some years ago where a pair of Christian girls, taken by the Barbary Pirates, ended up being crucified and left to die in the desert. I don't think I ever said what year that was, but it could have been anytime from the 1600s to the 1800s.

I wrote a modern-day crucifixion novel titled "Faithful Sayings" years ago where two girls were crucified by the Taliban in Afghanistan. Today it would be no stretch at all to have women crucified by ISIS, as I hear they've already done that. Also, the Iranians have a written procedure for crucifixions - the victim is to be crucified facing toward Mecca, and if he/she survives past three days, they are to be taken down and nursed back to health.

I have also written quite a bit of a story set in the near future, where society has once again adopted crucifixion as the means of capital punishment and these are carried out by an artificial intelligence named Torquemada. There is a 3D tv channel dedicated to televising the victims as they suffer. It becomes so popular and profitable that it can't be stopped. The supply of criminals sentenced to death is not enough to feed it, but the victims keep coming from somewhere...

Bottom line is that you can set a crucifixion story just about anywhere in time and space, and if you do it right, it will be interesting.

I voted for the first option, not because of the historical period,
as Jedakk says, you can crucify a woman in a great many eras, past, present or future -
what I opted for was the reason that appeals to me most,
Innocent woman is crucified for a crime she did not commit.

as Jedakk says, you can crucify a woman in a great many eras, past, present or future -
I agree, Eulalia. It's more titilating when the victim is innocent, and she knows that :devil:

There is no innocence... women found the original sin!!!
eve_serpent.jpg

Tree

Men just worked on the idea...

:doh::doh::doh: -Ulrika

Back
Top Bottom