Crucifixion: Antiquity, Medieval, Or Modern?

Which crucifixion scenario evokes more emotion?

• Crucifixion of Roman antiquity: Innocent woman is crucified for a crime she did not commit.

• Medieval crucifixion: Innocent Christian woman is crucified by Saracens for not converting.

• Modern crucifixion: Innocent woman is abducted during her travels, sold, and crucified for money.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Go to CruxDreams.com
There's another option that would have gotten my vote had it been up there. Crucified by pirates. Come on, am I right? Marooned and crucified, after a long and unpleasant boat trip.

Well as Tree always says...
image.jpg

The sap flows slower as the days grow longer!

:devil: :p :eek:

Note... Rare moment without his shades!

Last edited:
The Barbary pirates sailed out of North Africa, but actually raided some surprising places. They carried off nearly the entire village of Baltimore, Ireland in 1631; quite a bit of info about that online and at least one book on the subject, "The Stolen Village" by Des Ekin. They raided coastal towns in Spain, Portugul, Italy, France, Britain, The Netherlands and even as far north as Iceland, carrying off somewhere between 800,000 to 1.25 million people - Christians for the slave trade.

I wrote a story several years ago about two Christian girls who had been carried off into slavery by the Barbary pirates and ended up crucified in the desert somewhere. You could come up with any number of stories based on Christian girls enslaved that way.

the reason that appeals to me most,
Innocent woman is crucified for a crime she did not commit.
Yes, crucified for just being who I am - that's at the heart of all my fantasies.
This leads to a familiar dilemma.
If the death-demanding charge brought against me, is finally reduced to the essential "crime of being me" - it becomes difficult to claim my innocence! So, the verdict is guilty anytime, and bring the remedy!

If the death-demanding charge brought against me, is finally reduced to the essential "crime of being me" - it becomes difficult to claim my innocence! So, the verdict is guilty anytime, and bring the remedy!
The idea of being condemned for 'just being me' is appealing indeed.

I am who I am, and whatever society thinks about it, I don't give a damn. Society won't change me anyway...

But it does not mean I am innocent. Is it a matter of being innocent?

For society, I am a threat.

So they want to get rid of me.

So they nail me to a cross, naked, humiliated, whatever..... No martyr, no hero, just social waste. Outcast. Rotten and forgotten.

Philosoraptor may be a little confused...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 45

Taken from the marketplace just after dawn. Simply searching for fresh produce and then .......... taken!

Alarmed and unsure of any truth that will save you.

A serious thought... really...
I think a modern crucifixion is somewhat more horrific (not for the pain the condemned prisoner [not a victim!!!] feels) but because this is not done in this era...

Tree

...or is it...

Philosoraptor may be a little confused...
I think, if you're guilty of a crime, you're innocent of being innocent :cool:
Either way, they've got us by the short-and-curlies! :devil:

Last edited:
It had been quite the party on Saturday Morning. After a delicious breakfast buffet where I severely over ate and drank too many flutes of Champaign and strong Tequila Sunrises I write my name on a square of paper and drop it in the hat with rest of the women's names. It all seemed like fun and it was my first holiday in the Alps and it seemed like that was the tradition. I was excited when my name was drawn and wondered what I had won... This was a surprise...
I hang bound to a cross wearing only a tank top and a bikini bottom and a laurel of flowers on my head. It is the summer solstice and I have hours to go before they strip my top off.

I could not help voiding myself...

tumblr_lzwnd12TZL1qhi6wuo1_500.jpg

Tree

I dont care of ISIS (DAESH for me) : I'm here for fantsy and not to be troubled by the fierceness of the world ...
Likewise but the photos of actual victims answers questions and gives inspiration. For modern fantasies recall that the Schutzstaffeln occasionally carried out crucifixion for "research" in the camps as well as terror.

Viewed like that, indeed , but I dont like to use these events in this way ...

In that case I humbly beg your pardon mamselle. As a scholastic anything is grits for my mill. Might I ask you to start a conversation with me as the site won't let me start one with you :)

In that case I humbly beg your pardon mamselle.

It's not necessary, mongo : everybody can express his opinion here , and it was only mine ; if a thread is not pleasant to me, I dont see it .... ;)

Might I ask you to start a conversation with me

You always can , I'm not unattainable ....:D PM me ....

It's not necessary, mongo : everybody can express his opinion here , and it was only mine ; if a thread is not pleasant to me, I dont see it .... ;)

Ma'am I was born and raised in le Cite d Nouvelle Orleans in la Louisian (sic) and was taught never to offend a lady. Were I in your chambre I'd bow and your hand . apparently I am forbidden to start conversation s as I have no avatar and cannot obtain one. Quel domage :)

You always can , I'm not unattainable ....:D PM me ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom