Crux Positions

Go to CruxDreams.com
I can't read the tally marks clearly, but it looks like this is number 6. Shouldn't "X" be number 10?
Hmmm. I wonder what a "V" cross would look like?:p
It would be difficult (not impossible) to make a strong 'V' cross out of wood...

Tree

There was no one way that people were nailed to crosses.
>>>>>>>>

You ARE kidding?

No, he's not. We actually know precious few facts from any authoritative sources from Roman times regarding how crucifixions were carried out. What we do know is that there were several different types of crosses, ranging from a plain vertical stake to a "T" shape, "X" shape, and variations on those, i.e taller or shorter. Plautus says in his play "Mostellaria" that four nails were used to secure a victim. Josephus wrote that the Romans, during the siege of Jerusalem, about 68 AD I think, nailed up thousands of Jews in various positions to amuse themselves; they were crucifying around 500 victims per day during that time and ran low on wood for crosses. Seneca wrote that he saw crosses of many types, and mentions what might have been a cornu in use.

These and a few other things we can rely on as fact from the ancient sources who actually witnessed them. Then we have an incredible mass of misinformation floating around that has accumulated from religious art and speculation. For example, there is no evidence that a single nail was ever used to fasten both feet, nor is there evidence for a sedulum, or footrest ever being used. As far as I am aware, there is no evidence that the Romans ever tied victims to a cross using ropes, although others, such as the Egyptians, may have.

So yes, he is correct in saying that there was no single way that people were nailed to crosses.

Jedakk

Advice for body position.​

Hi everyone.
I am passionate about crucifixion play.
I have given up drinking and I Fast every other day and other things to lose weight I can look good naked on the Cross.

Crucifixion play for me is about showing people my journey to becoming a dead naked body on the Cross.

I want to find a way to hang motionless on the Cross for maybe an hour, breathing shallow and a death stare on my face.

So far I haven't found a position where I can comfortable

Has anyone else found a comfortable way to hang from the Cross " dead" ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone.
I have given up drinking and I Fast every other day and other things to lose weight I can look good naked on the Cross.

Crucifixion play for me is about showing people my journey to becoming a dead naked body on the Cross.

I want to find a way to hang motionless on the Cross for maybe an hour, breathing shallow and a death stare on my face.

That’s exciting. For me, it’s all about dying on the cross. I couldn’t hang there for an hour.

Advice for body position.​

Hi everyone.

I have found using a "T" or Tau cross, with your arms at a 45-degree angle, and your feet attached to the vertical beam (stipes) with your toes pointed downward, and knees bent, to work the best for me. I found I could hang there easily for an hour. Of course, I was a lot younger then, but a physically fit man in his forties should manage it. You might want to work your way up to an hour though and have a "Safe Word" so your crucifiers would know to get you down if you were in distress.

Attachments

• MIMGP0573-2.jpg
    MIMGP0573-2.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 815
  • MScreenshot_20230515_125750_Discord.jpg
    MScreenshot_20230515_125750_Discord.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 694
One other thing, Crux Victim, I think I should mention. Since you are interested in crux positions, I should tell you about the being crucified with your arms over the top of the horizontal beam (patibulum). That was the most painful for me, and I was very glad to get down, after a short time. However, I have had conversations with to two other Crux Forum members who have also crucified in this manner, and endured for longer periods of time. One fellow told me he was on the cross for two hours, but then he was using a seat (sedile). Another female member told me she was on the cross for 90 minutes, and she didn't use a sedile, but she was a pain slut and her dominatrix had left her there that long. I never used a sedile in any of my crux experiences, as I liked to move from side to side You, however, might want to try the position using a seat for your play, and see if you like it. Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

Attachments

• M50673183077_bea6cfeab5_o.jpg
    M50673183077_bea6cfeab5_o.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 622
  • 20180812_104554.jpg
    20180812_104554.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 548
Of course, I was a lot younger then, but a physically fit man in his forties should manage it.
Of course, you were crucified to be put to death. Your prolonged death is merely to torment you and please the spectators...
tree 1 B.jpg
...and, by the way, you look as worthless as you are with your limp cock hanging from your loins!

I have always liked the X cross.

I tried sitting on my heels with knees fully bent. This saves a footrest and a seat. Of course, this is also a special sight for the observer when women have to spread their knees apart to sit better. Rarely seen here so far. Not quite successful here when photographing myself in an old crux-session.

Attachments

• sitting.jpg
    sitting.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 223
As I wrote in another topic, I don't have my own cross.
but one evening I lay down on the floor and put one leg on the other and tied it with a thin string.
Then I spread my arms in the shape of the letter T, and in this position I felt good, I also tried to spread my arms at a 45-degree angle, and it also suited me.

Then I untied my legs and checked what would happen if my legs were attached to the cross separately, and although it was fine, I prefer to nail my legs with one nail.
Without the cross I won't be able to test poses with bented limbs, although I tried it once on a foldable wooden ladder and it wasn't comfortable.
A better way to check this would be a ladder attached to the wall, but unfortunately I don't have one.

Ok one the feet nailing I would do #1 but with the legs a bit more bent. While it would be possible for the condemned to close her legs it would be even more painful than just being nailed. As for where to hammer the nails, the palms are out unless they are going to also be roped at the wrists. Nailing midway through the forearms would be too merciful as the condemned's weight would rip the would the arm open until the spike got to wrist.
The spread of the arms should be about forty-five degrees above horizontal, forming a ninety degree "V". Any wider and I fear the the condemned would die too quickly. Any closer just doesn't do it for me...

A couple other observatiothat raise questions in my little mind.

When Makar does indoor crux the crossbar is flush with the stipe. Outdoors the bar is fixed to the face of the upright. Has any of his models done both ways and commented whether one is worse than the other?

Also the Yusseby's Crux Intro shows a much shorter stipe than many depictions of crucifixions. I think he's probably right because in the days before chainsaws sawed wood was an expensive commodity and labor intensive. While it would be humiliating to be hung naked high above the crowd, imagine being nailed while you hang eye to eye with people that have come to watch you die. And then there is the frustration of looking down known that but for one spike through your feet you could relieve much of your agony by just standing on the ground!

THT
There were some models who had experienced both types of cross. At least, I assume, those who had made outdoor and indoor films. Such as Akrobata, Koshka or Oxana. All of them are no longer active or even untraceable. So it will be difficult to ask them about this interesting topic, which cross was worse. Unless Makar asked her about it and discussed it with Imagemaker before his death.

I tried sitting on my heels with knees fully bent. This saves a footrest and a seat. Of course, this is also a special sight for the observer when women have to spread their knees apart to sit better. Rarely seen here so far. Not quite successful here when photographing myself in an old crux-session.
I also noted, that the legs should be spread to get some insigth and I wondered how this could been enforced. Btw brave to show of and nice face expression, but probably to convenient.

Back
Top Bottom