Great Pics Found By Phlebas And Other

Go to CruxDreams.com
That first one is another fine example of Ramon Martinez' work. I don't think it's recent, though... is he still producing images? I keep an eye on his website but I don't often see anything new.
Submitted to DA on 1 May 2017 with the note, 'The latest HD animation that I have uploaded on my site www.femalechristinarts.com The animation is about the raising the cross from differents angles.'

Submitted to DA on 1 May 2017 with the note, 'The latest HD animation that I have uploaded on my site www.femalechristinarts.com The animation is about the raising the cross from differents angles.'
http://noone102000.deviantart.com/art/Friends-Crucified-679568519
Noone has a story about it there -
Bob, mp5stab, and several others had both commented, I added:
Truly wonderful - Bob and mp5stab have said it all about the skilful composition and lovely balance of soft curves against harsh, unrelenting lines, and Flavia's beautifully anguished expression. I can only add how lovely the light is, the gleam and shadows on he body, the twilight glow in sky and on the harsh rocks. I think the shadowy soldier (no matter what his style of helmet) plays a part in balancing the composition, he's a dark messenger of approaching death...

http://noone102000.deviantart.com/art/Friends-Crucified-679568519
Noone has a story about it there -
Bob, mp5stab, and several others had both commented, I added:
Truly wonderful - Bob and mp5stab have said it all about the skilful composition and lovely balance of soft curves against harsh, unrelenting lines, and Flavia's beautifully anguished expression. I can only add how lovely the light is, the gleam and shadows on he body, the twilight glow in sky and on the harsh rocks. I think the shadowy soldier (no matter what his style of helmet) plays a part in balancing the composition, he's a dark messenger of approaching death...

I've left a comment too. Great pic, it tells a story and pleases us on so many levels.
"Beautiful picture, a moving scene rendered so powerfully, beauty and tragedy and pain and despair, and a human longing for emotional connection. You are at the top of your game with this one!"

ok now some for the weekend.

CC06.jpg CW_096.jpg CW_101.jpg Punishment 123.jpg anja___happy_easter_by_alienarea-db61eld.jpg tumblr_okp6bsIrNq1w0pxeao1_1280.jpg via_aqueduct_by_bmovievillain-db6gxk9.jpg dusk_at_the_farm_1_by_strutter79-db84dtd.jpg the_missing_reporter_by_strutter79-d7a28nq.jpg elf_cross_by_strutter79-d6rom0q.jpg

I've left a comment too. Great pic, it tells a story and pleases us on so many levels.
"Beautiful picture, a moving scene rendered so powerfully, beauty and tragedy and pain and despair, and a human longing for emotional connection. You are at the top of your game with this one!"

View attachment 496557 View attachment 496558 View attachment 496559 View attachment 496560 View attachment 496561 View attachment 496562 View attachment 496563 View attachment 496564 View attachment 496565 View attachment 496566
Nice set, Phlebas! And #4 a rare @montycrusto !

View attachment 496557 View attachment 496558 View attachment 496559 View attachment 496560 View attachment 496561 View attachment 496562 View attachment 496563 View attachment 496564 View attachment 496565 View attachment 496566

#8 got me thinking.

We are used to the idea of watching the crowd humilating us on the cross, but what about being blinded? Exposed to the anger of the crowd, hearing them, feeling things thrown, but as well as the vulnerability, add in the uncertainty, the unknowing?

As a short-term punishment (thinking Kellog Park) this would add another layer of punishment for such a simple device.

#8 got me thinking.

We are used to the idea of watching the crowd humilating us on the cross, but what about being blinded? Exposed to the anger of the crowd, hearing them, feeling things thrown, but as well as the vulnerability, add in the uncertainty, the unknowing?

As a short-term punishment (thinking Kellog Park) this would add another layer of punishment for such a simple device.

A very powerful addition to the ordeal. That blinding could be as in the picture, with a hood or mask, or more cruelly it could be a permanent disfiguring of the subject. Adding that fresh level of vulnerability and fear. Or would it be easier to block out what was happening, to retreat into your own little world?

Naked, bound, unable to see - truly vulnerable.
where_are_you_taking_me_kind_sir____by_e_digitalfantasy-dap86ub.jpg

#8 impressed me a lot:everything in that scene is 3d even the wheat!
(except maybe for the backdrop) when you compare it with #7 that is also a very good 3d scene but using older rendering technology you can see what a couple of years of computer software and hardware improvement can do.

Back
Top Bottom