Great Pics Found By Phlebas And Other

Go to CruxDreams.com
OK it's Friday and time for another selection

We have a store locally called "Bed bath and table". The Idiothead pic #10 looks like "Bed bath and crucifixion"
crucifixion_of_a_blonde_whore___crown_of_thorns_by_morpho74-dc5skrs.jpgon_the_cross_by_bartlebooth-dc64lbm.jpgcrucifixion_of_a_blonde_whore___path_to_cross_by_morpho74-dc5uru9.jpgcrucifixion_surreal_02_by_morpho74-dc5vbbg.jpgcrucifixion_of_a_blonde_whore_final_station_by_morpho74-dc5volu.pngcrucified_crista_by_kamagape-dc621x4.jpgcrandall_s_mom_by_crazy_cookie_baker-dc676ux.pngcrysta_by_crazy_cookie_baker-dc67bid.pngcrucify_by_incubiportraitstu-dc59lfu.jpgexample_by_idiothead-d7f1fej.jpg

I think people tend to be very easy to offend, when they have been so well trained to be offended by certain things. Art that is critical of religion or uses religious images is one of these things. I suspect most Muslim people would not react as badly to a cartoon about the prophet, except for the fact that some clergy have told them to. You have to be trained in what is offensive, but you also have to choose to be offended. I personally don't see anything wrong with the image itself, but I can't make the connection to a lottery, even with the slogan. :rolleyes::confused:

I think people tend to be very easy to offend, when they have been so well trained to be offended by certain things. Art that is critical of religion or uses religious images is one of these things. I suspect most Muslim people would not react as badly to a cartoon about the prophet, except for the fact that some clergy have told them to. You have to be trained in what is offensive, but you also have to choose to be offended. I personally don't see anything wrong with the image itself, but I can't make the connection to a lottery, even with the slogan. :rolleyes::confused:
I don't know if it's offensive, but it was a really stupid ad, not least because it mentions Christmas, when the crucifixion is Easter. And the connection to the lottery is non-existent-counter-intuitive actually, since the New Testament says, "The love of money is the root of all evil" and what is the lottery about, but love of money?

I don't know if it's offensive, but it was a really stupid ad, not least because it mentions Christmas, when the crucifixion is Easter. And the connection to the lottery is non-existent-counter-intuitive actually, since the New Testament says, "The love of money is the root of all evil" and what is the lottery about, but love of money?
You aren't big on the prosperity gospel, are you? :smilie-devil:

By that site that site's standard, are CF and Foundation ongoing and extended hate crimes against Christianity?
An interesting question. There was someone who was here about a year ago, who said he was a minister in one of the mainline Protestant denominations in the US (I forget which one and his screen name). He was interested in the site and not at all offended, though I haven't seen him since then.

Edit-his screen name was StGeorge

I don't think we'd be high on their Christmas card list, no.... :rolleyes:

I just wonder which picture would make their heads explode faster?

Attachments

• B75AE3C2-3AC1-4113-BFE7-251234D7E24C.jpeg
    B75AE3C2-3AC1-4113-BFE7-251234D7E24C.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 439
  • 42449683-C813-498C-A11D-D83272B82A12.jpeg
    42449683-C813-498C-A11D-D83272B82A12.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 397
By that site that site's standard, are CF and Foundation ongoing and extended hate crimes against Christianity?

This is a serious question. I don't believe so in general, though some individual posts might be. We pursue crux here has an erotic and psychological theme in itself, not as a crass way to beat organised religion, and i know many people of faith are members. We have a common interest here which sometimes coincides with religion, but does not require it.

The ad is clearly aiming for sensationalism, and as Windar says doesn't even make sense seasonally. This sort of image has become an easy way to attract attention, it is surprisingly common as we know well.

Nice image though.

Back
Top Bottom