Messaline In The Wild West

Go to CruxDreams.com
Messaline’s evil step-father Admi not only agreed to Messaline’s terms he arranged her passage to the new world. She packed two trunks including one with the 10,000 francs and watched them being loaded onto the ship with the rest of the ‘cargo’.

slave catch 021.jpg
She watched the French coast disappear behind the ship and looked forward to her new adventure. The ship’s captain approached Messaline and told her it would be necessary for her to go below deck. She asked if he expected heavy weather. “No child, it is bad luck to have a woman on the main deck.”
chains 054.jpg

I suppose this is not the main deck. I am stripped of my clothing and manacled and shackled.

Before me are women of aristocratic descent that will be sold in the Mediterranean slave markets. Do I fear their fate or desire it with all my heart? I do not know…”

The boat stops at a warm island and many of the slave girls are off-loaded for sale at the market. Captain Admi (no relation to Messaline’s step-father) and his first mate, Tree (No relationship… etc… etc…)

tree and admi Gil.jpg

…discuss the wisdom of dumping Messaline off with the other slaves….

tree

Tree could not dissuade Captain Admi from selling Messaline with the rest of the slaves until a leathery old fart walked up and asked “Is this the girlie known as ‘Messa’?”

“It could be” Captain Admi replied. “State your interest.”

“I’ve been hired to take her to St. Louis so unless you want your nuts to be squirrel food I suggest you turn her over to me.”

tree old.jpg

Captain Admi weighed the situation for about a second before handing Messaline over to the cowboy. She was grateful not to be sold off to slavery and showed her gratitude…

head d b lamp.jpg

…and damn near killed Tree before they arrived in St. Louis…

t

The boat stops at a warm island and many of the slave girls are off-loaded for sale at the market. Captain Admi (no relation to Messaline’s step-father) and his first mate, Tree (No relationship… etc… etc…)

Just sit right back
And you'll hear a tale
A tale of a fateful trip,
That started from this small French port,
Aboard this tiny ship.
The mate was a mighty Seagram's man,
The Skipper blue-nosed and sure,
A shipload of slaves set sail that day,
off for the New World,
beneath the sails unfurled.

[with apologies to those who hold the rights to the Gilligan's Island theme song]

Business in America? You guys are not ready for that. Stick to foreign arms sales and corrupt courtrooms.
corrupt? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................................but we are always fair

When Tree’s great ancestor arrived with Messaline at St. Louis they found a bustling city of nearly 5000 people in a land not yet a state but on the verge of becoming one. Tree seemed proud of the place but Messaline sniffed “I presume you have never been to Paris.”

“Paris, in the Arkansas Territory; yeah, I been there… I even have family there though they are a strange lot.”

“No, Tree, I mean Paris, France.”

“They named a city in France after that shit-hole???”

Messaline rolled her then in a soft voice heavy with a French accent she said “Tree, I have a request that may sound strange. I am almost afraid to ask not knowing what you will think of me…”

Although no one within earshot she leaned over and whispered in his ear. To her surprise Tree shrugged and said “I know of a place like that. It’s about two day travel by wagon.”

“Would you take me there?” Messaline asked.

“Why not, it’s near my ranch…”

t

But they should be kept as a tourist attraction. I know they are largely useless because everyone now has a mobile...but what will become of the UK without those iconic red boxes?

Actually at least some local councils and other groups agree with you and have been acquiring them for that exact purpose :)

Back
Top Bottom