Music for the torture chamber?

Go to CruxDreams.com
I agree Dies Irae - the words themselves are terrifying! Mozart's setting is superbly dramatic, but the plainsong original is pretty scary too:

Similarly William Byrd's 'Ne irascaris Domine' ('Don't be angry, Lord'), especially the last part, a despairing cry from utter desolation:
Thomas Tallis's Lamentations of Jeremiah, and the Allegri Miserere are in the same league.

Schubert's Death & the Maiden, of course, ever since Ariel Dorfmann used that for his play (later film) - also Schubert's C Major string quintet, that Eichmann puts on to play on the gramophone at the end of the Wansee Conference when the 'Final Solution' was agreed, in the film 'Conspiracy':
And the whole of Winterreise.

'Non, je ne regrette rien' I've requested for my funeral, whenever that might be! :)
Thoughtful choices!

You could always choose songs played during movie crucifixion scenes, like Always Look on the Bright Side of Life, from Monty Python's Life of Brian!!:jump1:

“Girls Just Want to Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper

I like the irony.

I have got another idea: Why should the torturer provide the music? Have the victim sing one of these songs, and if she forgets the lyrics or doesn't hit a note - well there are other things on her to hit for punishment. :devil:

For extra humiliation, make her sing a really silly song. I was thinking about 'Old Mac Donald had a Farm', animal noises included of course!

I have got another idea: Why should the torturer provide the music? Have the victim sing one of these songs, and if she forgets the lyrics or doesn't hit a note - well there are other things on her to hit for punishment. :devil:

For extra humiliation, make her sing a really silly song. I was thinking about 'Old Mac Donald had a Farm', animal noises included of course!
What about making us slaves say the “Gregorian chants” from Monty Python’s Holy Grail but instead of thumping ourselves with a plank of wood each line, you whip us and we start the next line?

Back
Top Bottom