Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
Playing an oldie but goodie tonight, :eek: I can't believe this album is over 30 years old:eek:, REM's 1983 debut album "Murmur" ( their first release was the 1982 EP "Chronic Town"). I bought this album back in my college days ( still have the original vinyl Lp). It remains my favorite REM album, along with "Fables of the Reconstruction". Every song on Murmur is great, but this one is my favorite, "Perfect Circle".

On February 28, 1980, Joy Division played a concert at the Warehouse in Prston England. The live album 'Preston 28 February 1980' documents this concert. It is one of my favorite live albums, and I will explain why. It is amazing that the concert was even documented, the concert was full equipment failures, the band could have just thrown in the towel and walked off the stage. Amps failed, instruments fade in and out with the amp failures, during some songs Ian Curtis is singing with hardly any instrument accompanying him. At one point between songs he shouts out "I think everything is falling apart". Somehow, despite all of this, the band carries out an extraordinary performance. And this is why this is one of my favorite live albums. Despite the equipment failures the band play on with an intensity that is heartening, and in fact, the equipment failures add a gloom to the music, creating a performance that is just as haunting as it is unforgettable. Some of the songs performed are among the finest versions of the songs. Shadowplay, Disorder, Warsaw and Colony are absolutely devastating.

The set list:
Incubation, Wilderness, Twenty Four Hours, The Eternal, Heart And Soul, Shadowplay, Transmission, Disorder, Warsaw, Colony, Interzone, She's Lost Control.

I am so thankful that this performance was recorded for prosperity, it displays everything I love about this incredible band. I have said it before, and I will say it again, there is more heart and soul in Joy Division's music, than most other bands.
I have taken a few pictures of the vinyl album that I have. I already had the CD, but just recently found this colored vinyl limited edition.

image.jpeg Front cover
image.jpeg Rear cover
image.jpeg On my turntable:)

Here is 'Disorder' from the concert. Crank it loud!!!!!

Last edited:
On February 28, 1980, Joy Division played a concert at the Warehouse in Prston England. The live album 'Preston 28 February 1980' documents this concert. It is one of my favorite live albums, and I will explain why. It is amazing that the concert was even documented, the concert was full equipment failures, the band could have just thrown in the towel and walked off the stage. Amps failed, instruments fade in and out with the amp failures, during some songs Ian Curtis is singing with hardly any instrument accompanying him. At one point between songs he shouts out "I think everything is falling apart". Somehow, despite all of this, the band carries out an extraordinary performance. And this is why this is one of my favorite live albums. Despite the equipment failures the band play on with an intensity that is heartening, and in fact, the equipment failures add a gloom to the music, creating a performance that is just as haunting as it is unforgettable. Some of the songs performed are among the finest versions of the songs.

I am so thankful that this performance was recorded for prosperity, it displays everything I love about this incredible band. I have said it before, and I will say it again, there is more heart and soul in Joy Division's music, than most other bands.
I have taken a few pictures of the vinyl album that I have. I already had the CD, but just recently found this colored vinyl edition.

Here is 'Disorder' from the concert. Crank it loud!!!!!
Anyone notice remarkable similarity to this song's opening and the Go-Goes' 'We've got the beat'?

Tree retires to bed. Sleep well and wake to a great day!

T

Anyone notice remarkable similarity to this song's opening and the Go-Goes' 'We've got the beat'?

Tree retires to bed. Sleep well and wake to a great day!

T
I never would have imagined the day when someone equated Joy Division with the Go-Go's:confused:....and I love the Go-Go's.

Just to plug my own material...

My first three albums are on the internet now. You can get them at Itunes, Spotify, CDbaby and all that other stuff

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gasm1
THE FORK (released 2004 on CD). Rock opera set in WW2.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gasm12
WE ARE RIGHT (released 2009 on CD). The story of two young boys and a religious cult - based on true events.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gasm13
MUSIC AND SONGS INSPIRED BY ROBINSON CRUSOE (released 2014 on CD). Based on the novel by Daniel Defoe.

Please listen, buy and tell everyone you know about this. We (GASM) would appreciate it.

Simpson.

Just to plug my own material...

My first three albums are on the internet now. You can get them at Itunes, Spotify, CDbaby and all that other stuff

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gasm1
THE FORK (released 2004 on CD). Rock opera set in WW2.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gasm12
WE ARE RIGHT (released 2009 on CD). The story of two young boys and a religious cult - based on true events.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gasm13
MUSIC AND SONGS INSPIRED BY ROBINSON CRUSOE (released 2014 on CD). Based on the novel by Daniel Defoe.

Please listen, buy and tell everyone you know about this. We (GASM) would appreciate it.

Simpson.
This really belongs in the 'Links to Pay Sites and Other Resources' area, Simpson -
though there could be a link to it here.
Anyway, we'll leave it for now.

I've listened to some clips, hope lots of others will, it's a pretty impressive performance! :)

This really belongs in the 'Links to Pay Sites and Other Resources' area, Simpson -
though there could be a link to it here.
Anyway, we'll leave it for now.

I've listened to some clips, hope lots of others will, it's a pretty impressive performance! :)
Duly noted. I will post this in that section.

I hope people listen as well. Thank you for listening!

Simpson.

OK it's been a couple of weeks since anyone posted in this thread, so I thought it might be fun to go a bit retro tonight - all the way back to the 90s (OMG you know you're getting old when the 90's is long enough ago to be called "retro" :confused:)

Anyway I loved this one when it was first released and it's lost none of its hilarious charm almost 20 years on :D

OK it's been a couple of weeks since anyone posted in this thread, so I thought it might be fun to go a bit retro tonight - all the way back to the 90s (OMG you know you're getting old when the 90's is long enough ago to be called "retro" :confused:)

Anyway I loved this one when it was first released and it's lost none of its hilarious charm almost 20 years on :D
A great song deserve repeating...or at least the base line does.:D

Here is a great song from Bruce Springsteen's 1987 album Tunnel of Love.
Tunnel of Love is an album that gets overlooked among Bruce's albums. There is not a bad song on the entire album.
I rate this album, and 1978's Darkness On The Edge Of Town as my favorite Springsteen albums. Call me crazy, but these two albums would make my list of "island records".
From Tunnel Of Love, here's One Step Up

Vinyl Corner

This weekend I had the pleasure of purchasing a vintage turntable from a neighbor. He had been wanting to sell his complete vinyl collection of about 350 records, and had asked me a few months ago if I would be interested in purchasing them. I looked them over, and most of them I already had, so I declined. Well this Friday he sold them all to someone, and walked over to my house to see if I would be interested in taking his turntable of his hands, since the other gentleman was not interested in the turntable. I went over to see what he had, and it turned out to be a mint Yamaha YP-D6 direct drive turntable from the late seventies that he had stored since the early eighties. It had not been used in over 30 years. After some cleaning, replacing the cartridge headshell wires, and outfitting it with a brand new Grado Gold cartridge, it was ready to play some records.
After playing several albums, I decided it was better than my old warhorse Harmon/Kardon T30C belt drive table that I have used since the early 80's. I wrote him a check, and now I have two vintage turntables. I will use the Yamaha as my main table, and keep the T30c as a second table ( you always need a spare, and there is no way I'm getting rid of my old friend).
The Yamaha is really great sounding, heavy ( about 24 lbs), and is one heck of a good looking table:)
Some pics:

IMG_0481.JPG IMG_0482.JPG IMG_0483.JPG IMG_0484.JPG IMG_0485.JPG

And this is what is playing now, the Beatles White Album, Japan edition.

IMG_1167.JPG #9 #9 #9 #9:devil:

Last edited:
Vinyl Corner

This weekend I had the pleasure of purchasing a vintage turntable from a neighbor. He had been wanting to sell his complete vinyl collection of about 350 records, and had asked me a few months ago if I would be interested in purchasing them. I looked them over, and most of them I already had, so I declined. Well this Friday he sold them all to someone, and walked over to my house to see if I would be interested in taking his turntable of his hands, since the other gentleman was not interested in the turntable. I went over to see what he had, and it turned out to be a mint Yamaha YP-D6 direct drive turntable from the late seventies that he had stored since the early eighties. It had not been used in over 30 years. After some cleaning, replacing the cartridge headshell wires, and outfitting it with a brand new Grado Gold cartridge, it was ready to play some records.
After playing several albums, I decided it was better than my old warhorse Harmon/Kardon T30C belt drive table that I have used since the early 80's. I wrote him a check, and now I have two vintage turntables. I will use the Yamaha as my main table, and keep the T30c as a second table ( you always need a spare, and there is no way I'm getting rid of my old friend).
The Yamaha is really great sounding, heavy ( about 24 lbs), and is one heck of a good looking table:)
Some pics:

View attachment 427947 View attachment 427948 View attachment 427949 View attachment 427950 View attachment 427951

And this is what is playing now, the Beatles White Album, Japan edition.

View attachment 427952 #9 #9 #9 #9:devil:

HondoBoot2

Congratulations on your purchase! :D

If you like, enjoy! :p

Have a great time with her! :cool:

Top Cat

Back
Top Bottom