Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
Tha Beatles are one of the few bands that transcend generations, parents, grandparents and children, all seem to enjoy the Beatles. Not many bands do that.
...and the Rolling Stones and the Who are a pair of the few bands that outlived generations.

By the way, Chuck Berry still performs regularly at Blueberry Hill, a bar in the University City 'loop' just west of the St. Louis city limits. I met him when I was 4 years old (54 years ago:eek:) at my uncle's farm in Wentzville, Mo. which was next to his... As a young lad growing up in south St. Louis the only black men I had ever seen where the refuse collectors, then called 'garbage men', so I asked him if he was a garbage man. He graciously laughed and said "No, I don't know how to do that. I just play a guitar..."

Tree

...and the Rolling Stones and the Who are a pair of the few bands that outlived generations.

By the way, Chuck Berry still performs regularly at Blueberry Hill, a bar in the University City 'loop' just west of the St. Louis city limits. I met him when I was 4 years old (54 years ago:eek:) at my uncle's farm in Wentzville, Mo. which was next to his... As a young lad growing up in south St. Louis the only black men I had ever seen where the refuse collectors, then called 'garbage men', so I asked him if he was a garbage man. He graciously laughed and said "No, I don't know how to do that. I just play a guitar..."

Tree

Lovely piece of oral history there Tree....wish he could hear you....

11729411-large.jpg .... here's to gracious Chuck!:beer:

I love the Beatles. I have every one of their albums in Stereo and Mono. At least the ones that were released in mono and stereo. The White Album is my second all time favorite album next to Joy Division's Closer. Now that is a combo, the Beatles and Joy Division:)
like them too
alas today died Lynsey De Paul

Watching a great documentary on Netflix tonight about Kathrine Hanna, lead singer of female punk rock band Bikini Kill. The Punk Singer. Why the fuck have I not been listening to this all my life?

Who needs tracking programs?

Ok! We may not be the largest demographic out there but ............................

;)

You seen them live?
No, sadly I have not.:(
Would have loved to see them in 1981, on the JuJu tour.
I do however, have a DVD of them during the tour with Robert Smith, the Nocturne tour.
Siouxsie is my favorite women in rock, she is just awesome.

Last edited:
I have to throw this one in ..........

Just because I have a thought going up my back and down. :( :bdsm-heart::)

Last edited:
LittleSiss, you will not believe this, I have that album in vinyl.
Karla is one of my most loved singers/songwriters.

My mother played her one day and she (Karla) just made me see!

I have loved her voice and most of her songs, ever since.

Last edited:
Karla is one of my most loved singers/songwriters.

My mother played her one day and she (Karla) just made me see!

I have loved her voice and most of her songs, ever since.
LittleSiss, it is a great feeling when you find music that touches your heart and soul.

Speaking of music that touches your heart and soul.......Joy Division touches mine.
Out of the ton of albums I have, my favorite is Joy Division's Closer. "Closer" is the second and final album of Joy Division, lead singer Ian Curtis would take his life before the album was released, and the band disbanded. They later became New Order, but that is another story.
Favorite songs on Closer are: Colony, Heart and Soul, 24 Hours, Eternal & Decades.
If you love dark, atmospheric music and have never heard this album, you need to experience this album. It is dark, but beautiful at the same time. I would say that it is a true work of art in the purest form. The songs hold nothing back. There is more heart and soul in the first minute of any of these songs, than you will find in 60 minutes in most of today's music.
This is an album you will need to really listen to, it will suck you in, it is not background music. I dare say, you will either love it or hate it, there is no middle ground. If you listen and hate it, you will still be haunted by it.
RIP Ian Curtis.

image.jpg

Their debut album "Unknown Pleasures" would be my second favorite album. If you are new to Joy Division, this album might be a better place to start. It is still dark, but not as dark as "Closer".

image.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of music that touches your heart and soul.......Joy Division touches mine.
Out of the ton of albums I have, my favorite is Joy Division's Closer. "Closer" is the second and final album of Joy Division, lead singer Ian Curtis would take his life before the album was released, and the band disbanded. They later became New Order, but that is another story.
Favorite songs on Closer are: Colony, Heart and Soul, 24 Hours, Eternal & Decades.
If you love dark, atmospheric music and have never heard this album, you need to experience this album. It is dark, but beautiful at the same time. I would say that it is a true work of art in the purest form. The songs hold nothing back. There is more heart and soul in the first minute of any of these songs, than you will find in 60 minutes in most of today's music.
This is an album you will need to really listen to, it will suck you in, it is not background music. I dare say, you will either love it or hate it, there is no middle ground. If you listen and hate it, you will still be haunted by it.
RIP Ian Curtis.

View attachment 151891

The best sound of Joy Division. Transmission.

Transmission
Joy Division

Radio, live transmission.

Listen to the silence, let it ring on.
Eyes, dark grey lenses frightened of the sun.
We would have a fine time living in the night,
Left to blind destruction,
Waiting for our sight.

And we would go on as though nothing was wrong.
And hide from these days we remained all alone.
Staying in the same place, just staying out the time.
Touching from a distance,
Further all the time.

Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance, to the radio.

Well I could call out when the going gets tough.
The things that we've learnt are no longer enough.
No language, just sound, that's all we need know, to synchronise
love to the beat of the show.

And we could dance.

Top-Cat

The best sound of Joy Division. Transmission.

Transmission
Joy Division

Listen to the silence, let it ring on.
Eyes, dark grey lenses frightened of the sun.
We would have a fine time living in the night,
Left to blind destruction,
Waiting for our sight.

And we would go on as though nothing was wrong.
And hide from these days we remained all alone.
Staying in the same place, just staying out the time.
Touching from a distance,
Further all the time.

Well I could call out when the going gets tough.
The things that we've learnt are no longer enough.
No language, just sound, that's all we need know, to synchronise
love to the beat of the show.

And we could dance.

Top-Cat
I like every song by Joy Division, they do not have a bad song, or even a bad moment in a song!
There is a 4 CD set called Heart And Soul, that does not have a single bad moment, that is incredible for a band thst only recorded for about two and a half years.
And to really experiance them, you should check out any of the live albums that are available.
If you think the studio albums are intense, they are really intense live.

Last edited:
Alright ... I am way to young to remember this when it came out but I have always loved the the music and I really love the film. The Channel swimmer, as a running joke throughout, just stuck with me as so very funny.
I'm sorry if you Hard Rock and Metal guys don't agree but I like "The Lads".

Paul ... "Yech, I'm all sticky."
It's funny, but if you were to ask me what my favorite band is, my answer would change from time to time. But if you were to ask me who the greatest band ever was, it would be always be the Fab Four. "Thanks for the lift sailor!"

And since you didn't ask, this is my favorite album from my favorite band

Back
Top Bottom