Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
Bauhaus, did the soundtrack for the movie "The Hunger - 1983".

Catherine Deneuve

David Bowie

Susan Sarandon

Directed by Tony Scott (brother of Ridley Scott).

It's a great movie about vampires, lesbians, loyalty, among other issues.

Appears in the film Bauhaus singing "Bela Lugosi's Dead", early on, in an environment that is the face of the band.

Do not miss this movie!

Top-Cat
TC, I have the DVD. I watch it around Halloween.:devil:
The movie is a classic.

I always felt that, while clearly talented, Bauhaus, like many English New Wave acts, were more about attitude than music.
But, "Bela Lugosi's Dead" is a pretty good Halloween song.
The Cure are another story.
Robert Smith is a weird looking guy with a voice that can, charitably, be discribed as "limited". And somehow they managed to produce the best love somgs of the 80s .

I always felt that, while clearly talented, Bauhaus, like many English New Wave acts, were more about attitude than music.
But, "Bela Lugosi's Dead" is a pretty good Halloween song.
The Cure are another story.
Robert Smith is a weird looking guy with a voice that can, charitably, be discribed as "limited". And somehow they managed to produce the best love somgs of the 80s .
This is what makes the Cure so great, they can produce a great pop song like this, and then produce some really dense atmospheric doom and gloom Gothic masterpieces like the songs "Faith" or "A Forest" ( there are many others).
I always considered Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart", from 1980, to be the greatest love song from the 80's:)

The Rock & Rol Hall of Fame nominees were annouced this week:

The Paul Buterfield Blues Band
Chic
Green Day
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
Kraftwerk
The Marvelettes
N.W.A.
Nine Inch Nails
Lou Reed (solo artist)
The Smiths
The Spinners
Sting (solo artist)
Stevie Ray Vaughn
War
Bill Withers

The Rock & Rol Hall of Fame nominees were annouced this week:

The Paul Buterfield Blues Band
Chic
Green Day
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
Kraftwerk
The Marvelettes
N.W.A.
Nine Inch Nails
Lou Reed (solo artist)
The Smiths
The Spinners
Sting (solo artist)
Stevie Ray Vaughn
War
Bill Withers
Joan Jett is what a rocker is and has been all about ... so ... she won't make it.
Stevie Ray Vaughn ... need I say anything? (hope so)
OK! I'm pretty much done here.
:p

This is the show I remember and yes! I know you know that they have rerun it many times!!! :)

At least most of the tunes are just a bit shorter and not a blast jam!

But he sure could play!

(please! no Who, OK?)
:)

Joan Jett is what a rocker is and has been all about ... so ... she won't make it.
Stevie Ray Vaughn ... need I say anything? (hope so)
OK! I'm pretty much done here.
:p
I agree with you 100% LittleSiss. Joan Jett is the epitome of a rocker. I have been a fan of hers since her days in the Runaways.
Stevie Ray Vaughan was one of the greatest Blues guitarist. The great B.B. King once remarked that Stevie's guitar playing would bring him to tears. If that is not high praise, I do not know what is.
The Rock in Roll Hall of Fame is a complete joke. I could be here all night listing all the bands and musicians that should be in. I will give one example: Deep Purple. Deep Purple was one of the big three hard rock bands of the 70's along with Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. Both Led Zeppelin and Sabbath are in. Deep Purple was a huge influence on many of today's bands, for example Metallica (which I also love). Metallica is in the Hall, but not Purple. I saw an interview with Lars Ulrich of Metallica, in which he described his first concert he attended when he was a kid. It was a Deep Purple concert, sometime in the early 70's. He said he was blown away by the power and fury of Purple, the great Ritchie Blackmore and company set the stage for what would become Metallica a decade later.
After that concert he knew what he wanted to do.

simple beatle-dress this day some people found in my towns-museum :devil::devil::devil:all my girlfriends back in the sixties wanted it badly
beatledress 1964.gif

Tonight's playlist is some classic Pink Floyd. Starting off with the debut album "The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn" from 1967, a psychedelic classic. Then moving on to " Wish You Were Here" from 1975. These two albums are my favorite Floyd albums. Next up is "Ummagumma", from 1969. The live album half of this two record set has some absolutely stunning music. Songs like "Careful With That Axe, Eugene" and "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun" can be down right spooky. If you were to go to someone's house, and hear these songs coming from the basement, you would run like hell.
If all you have heard from Pink Floyd is "Dark Side of The Moon" or "The Wall", you need to do yourself a favour and check these albums out. If you have the coin, get the mono version of "Piper" it is much better than the stereo version, a completely different mix.

RIP Syd Barrett
Shine on you crazy diamond.
By the way which one's Pink?

Last edited:
Tonight's playlist is some classic Pink Floyd. Starting off with the debut album "The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn" from 1967, a psychedelic classic. Then moving on to " Wish You Were Here" from 1975. These two albums are my favorite Floyd albums. Next up is "Ummagumma", from 1969. The live album half of this two record set has some absolutely stunning music. Songs like "Careful With That Axe, Eugene" and "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun" can be down right spooky. If you were to go to someone's house, and hear these songs coming from the basement, you would run like hell.
If all you have heard from Pink Floyd is "Dark Side of The Moon" or "The Wall", you need to do yourself a favour and check these albums out. If you have the coin, get the mono version of "Piper" it is much better than the stereo version, a completely different mix.

RIP Syd Barrett
Shine on you crazy diamond.
By the way which one's Pink?

Well HandoBoot2

Speaking of classic Pink Floyd albums, is a difficult task.

What is not in the classic Pink Floyd? "Dark Side of The Moon" or "The Wall, Pink Floyd are classics, there's no denying.

And what about the "Live at Pompeii", which was recorded (only six songs) in Piazza Amphitheater, with no audience.

We can spend days talking about Pink Floyd, still be left subject to more days.

Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, always at a higher level than the other bands!

Top-Cat

Siouxsie & The Banshees "Painted Bird" (Robert Smith on guitar)

Last edited:
For your Halloween party.... Joy Division "The Eternal" from the album "Closer"
RIP Ian Curtis

Today let's celebrate one of the nominees for this years Rock Hall of Fame:
Joan Jett.:)
For the last several years, as part of Record Store day, there have been limited edition releases in colored vinyl of Joan's albums.
I missed the release of "I love Rock 'N' Roll":(, but have scored the others on Record Store day since that first failure.
The first one is "Bad Reputation" from 1981 on clear vinyl.
The next one is "Album" from 1983 on yellow vinyl. The last one is "Glorious Results Of A Misspent Youth from 1984 on pink vinyl.
These are all fun albums with no nonsense Rock!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

My favorite female singer/songwriter, is the late great Laura Nyro.
She wrote and recorded this song in 1968, and Three Dog Night turned it into a huge hit later. I like their version, but LOVE her original verson. I had the album by them, and read the label, and noticed the song was written by L. Nyro. I wondered for years who L. Nyro was (this was before the Internet :)). After I found her music, I was hooked, and bought all of her albums. Some of her songs bring tears to my eyes, she is that good. It still pisses me off that it took the Rock Hall until 2012 to induct her (they are slow to induct talented women). Here is "Eli's Coming" :
RIP sweet angel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom